• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Kaiser-Bisharp

Yo one more day before Serena's "big" episode, its make or break time baby. The thing is though something has been bothering me, what if the TPC has already broken the trend about pokegirl cameos. Now hear me out Iris never made her return in the XY, XY&Z anime. What if there never going to bring her or anyone back in the next region just give Serena, Clemont and Bonnie a episode to show how there doing like Iris and Cilan, that's there cameo. Which means there might not be any Amourshipping in Alola at all ever!

Red Pheonix

Since we're arriving to a big moment to this shipping, I think this topic is going to be nice-

How much did you enjoy Amourshipping so far?

At first, it might sound like a no brainer but the important part is how much. Among us, I'm sure that there people who have no complains about this ship(like me), there people who enjoy but one or two element holds them back to really liking it, don't care much about the ship but likes the AshXSerena interactions and so on.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I just need to say some stuff. I'm getting extremely annoyed with this thread now. You guys have been warned several times about the spam and the off topic posts in this thread and I'm getting really annoyed now.

Stay on topic. The topic in this thread is Amourshipping and only Amourshipping, that is the only topic you will talk about in here. Next time someone has to message me about this thread and how bad it is getting, this thread will meet the same fate as the two previous thread except this time, it will not be getting rebooted.

This is your last warning.

I'd give us a solid 17 hours.

Since we're arriving to a big moment to this shipping, I think this topic is going to be nice-

At first, it might sound like a no brainer but the important part is how much. Among us, I'm sure that there people who have no complains about this ship(like me), there people who enjoy but one or two element holds them back to really liking it, don't care much about the ship but likes the AshXSerena interactions and so on.

As in, how much did we enjoy this journey? It's been amazing. I wasn't around for PearlShipping's original run, but I've heard from a few people that Amour has topped it. I can say from experience that I've enjoyed AmourShipping and watching Ash and Serena much more than NegaiShipping.

The voice list for XY&Z046 has just been posted courtesy of Dephender and IMO, it shoots down any suspicion that Serena will leave in tomorrow's episode (as if any of us truly believed that) so it's pretty much confirmed that the "wink" scene from that one preview is indeed from XY&Z047. I don't know if this does anything for the chances of her taking up Palermo's offer (which in my eyes, is almost a given at this point) but I thought I'd just get the word out.

I thought it was confirmed that she was in XYZ47? Whatever, it's good to have the voice lists. I'm interested to see how Ash handles the split with Greninja in XYZ46, and how Serena handles Ash. If Seeing the Forest for the Trees is any indication, she's going to be immensely supportive about it.

Fun topic because I'm bored:

We have a pretty good idea some of the events of XYZ45 from the previews. Have you seen any of these elements in AmourShipping fanfics before?

They did actually eat cookies together in Lost Without You, though it was in Serena's house, not in a city. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they're just taking from that fanfic to play with us.

3vr1m

Well, since the ship got me back watching the anime after DP, I enjoyed almost everybit of it. When I watched the first episodes I always wanted to see the next interaction/hint between Serena and Ash because I thougth there were perfect for each other. After watching the show for a while, I realized that apart from the shipping stuff xy and xy&z were the best Seasons so far. All these experiences Ive got so far, I didnt have seen them without the ship that made me curious

Last edited:

Fab7

Well, Amourshipping has actually meant a lot to me in these last couple of years. I believe it's the first time I've shipped two characters so hard (maybe since GohanxVidel), and I actually enjoyed the hints they gave us. Now I pretty much accepted Amour's fate, but it will always be a great memory for me. I would've loved if we had actually seen more development of their relationship, but it's Pokemon, that can never be forgotten. For now, I'm ready to enjoy the last three episodes of Serena and Ash together (even if only XYZ45 is focused on Amour), and hopefully they will give us a decent closure.

Link73

Even though I arrived to this ship quite recently, I enjoyed a lot looking for hints on selected chapters and in the Diancie movie; I enjoyed Amour mostly because it is something new on the series, the cuteness of the situation and because it has brought very good Fanfics to read.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

I needed to watch the entire series in 3 weeks, that excited I was :D. I enjoyed every second of the series, even the fillers. I still don't know why they planned to make a crush on a companion. It's very anoying if they are gonna drop it at the end. I really hope tommorow gives us a good ending, but I don't want to raise my expectations.

And also, tommorow I will probably be not here because of the salt I expect. I will just try to watch the video and not to break down emotionally.
Have a nice day!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hey , so hyped for tomorrow , I was in a little break until thursday.

https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/786279287418564608 Anyone can translate this ? When I translate it seems like Omode is saying that's the last time she does a screenplay and the last time for Serena too , is that mean that's the last Serena's episode ever ? No Amourshipping anymore ?

It is already a known fact that XYZ45 is the last episode Omode wrote for the XY series. That's not a huge deal considering the fact that there won't be more than 3 or 4 episodes after it. It means nothing for the outcome of the episode, the outcome of Amour, or Omode's future at TPC.

SoarStaraptor

https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/786279287418564608 Anyone can translate this ? When I translate it seems like Omode is saying that's the last time she does a screenplay and the last time for Serena too , is that mean that's the last Serena's episode ever ? No Amourshipping anymore ?

Mostly not the end of Serena's time in the anime! She will see Ash again. Serena's last time on the show? That's just a fabrication. The staff tend to make fools out of us but we won't fall for it this time!

Epicocity

Don't forget that staff are just as subject to NDAs as anyone. Regardless of how Serena's role and Amourshipping in the anime turns out, the writers can't say a word if they don't want to get blacklisted. So, keep the flame of hope alive!

I just need to say some stuff. I'm getting extremely annoyed with this thread now. You guys have been warned several times about the spam and the off topic posts in this thread and I'm getting really annoyed now.

Stay on topic. The topic in this thread is Amourshipping and only Amourshipping, that is the only topic you will talk about in here. Next time someone has to message me about this thread and how bad it is getting, this thread will meet the same fate as the two previous thread except this time, it will not be getting rebooted.

This is your last warning.

Ery can you give me an example of spam and off topic responses? I really wanna know cause I don't think I see much here. We almost always stay on AmourShipping...

Anyway, yeah 45 is an extreme AmourShipping episode and it's no surprise Omode is writing it. I bet it was her plan all along ;). Some quality Ash and Serena hints expected.

Ery can you give me an example of spam and off topic responses? I really wanna know cause I don't think I see much here. We almost always stay on AmourShipping...

Anyway, yeah 45 is an extreme AmourShipping episode and it's no surprise Omode is writing it. I bet it was her plan all along ;). Some quality Ash and Serena hints expected.

Read the 1st post of the 1st page. It's not that hard, is it?
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653815-Amourshipping-Thread-V3

Anyway, Masuda really has no control over the anime. Anyone can be an amourshippers from TPCi but Masuda does not decide how the shipping will turn out. Tomioka has more control over the anime

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Don't forget that staff are just as subject to NDAs as anyone. Regardless of how Serena's role and Amourshipping in the anime turns out, the writers can't say a word if they don't want to get blacklisted. So, keep the flame of hope alive!

It's funny how literally everything in large corporations/companies have non-disclosure agreements for literally everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Omode is actually trying to convey something to us, but is actually held back by potential lawsuits and whatnot. $0.02.

Anyway, back on topic: just over 12 hours away, and the episode airs. Dunno if I said this before, but I'm surprised that the entire Amour subplot didn't get cut off during the first two seasons. Initially, I thought it was a test run for relatively "controversial" topics in Pokemon, but it just kept on gaining momentum.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

---
Also, let's try to not shut this thread down. It's kinda funny but also a bit embarrassing to have 3 threads for the same topic be shut down. :p

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If we kill this thread in only 65 pages, I'd be amazed.

Honestly, my first reaction to A Battle By Any Other Name was something along the lines of "What the hell are they going for? Are they really breaking that rule? But it's so clear, she actually likes him. It's not just us reading too far into it."

XYZ45 is not the finale. But, it will indeed be the defining moment of Amour, the resolution of a buildup that we've been waiting on for 3 years now.

There's a saying in Zulu. "Kuzulonga ukuthi nini asazi." "Everything will come right in the end, and if it doesn't, it's not the end."

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Is there any type of hints Amourshipping lacks or has too much?

Well like Red Pheonix already quote me on, MORE ALONE TIME TO TALK! That's the ultimate lack in Amourshipping (besides a direct hint from Ash). Also, Ash has his gym battles, Serena has her performances, another cool thing would've been to see them train/practice together. Don't ask me how, I just like the idea of it. As for too much, I'd probably say Serena's blushing like everyone else.

I've enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the elements that brought me back into watching the Anime again. For someone who has casually watched Pokemon and is an older fan, it's an element I wasn't expecting to be added into the Anime and when I seen it, I was drawn into it. I just simply liked the idea that Ash could have a potential romantic relationship with a Pokegirl.

Some people might say that they don't have much chemistry, but I respectfully disagree. Their chemistry can be pretty good at times, the problem is that it can be subtle. To elaborate, just look at the way they have treated each other. There's respect, trust, they listen to each other, and they care about one another. Whenever Ash acts up, becomes reckless, or has a breakdown, Serena was there to remind and help him. Whenever Serena needs motivation or confidence, Ash has always been there for her. He helped her at first to realize that it's ok to not know what you want to do with your life just yet. He's also instilled the "never give up" attitude in her as well. Now that makes it look like that Ash has been a great friend to her, nothing more, but the thing that always made me think that there could be potentially more going on within him, was the few uncharacteristic things he did for her (like putting his gym battle on hold for an example). I'm not going into every detail, but those are the main points.

As for the state of this thread, my only advice to people is to re-read your posts before you make them. If they don't have anything to do with Amourshipping, don't post, it's that's simple. Remember this for tomorrow's episode and future discussion.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Lol that's funny and cute at the same time. I especially like her reactions throughout that strip especially near the end of it xD. Maybe if she somehow returns during the school thing in the anime that something like this could happen. Maybe something like that could happen with Sophocles or something.

Oh the horror

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Is there any type of hints Amourshipping lacks or has too much?

More fights. I'm not asking them to fight every second episode, but more conflict between the two would be better because conflict management is the key to all relationships.