• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
More fights. I'm not asking them to fight every second episode, but more conflict between the two would be better because conflict management is the key to all relationships.

Did Ash and Dawn ever have a legitimate fight episode? I know Ash and May did, and Ash and Iris and Ash fought with Misty and Iris every two seconds. Then on the Amour side there's Seeing The Forest For the Trees. I'm just drawing a blank with Dawn for some reason.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Did Ash and Dawn ever have a legitimate fight episode? I know Ash and May did, and Ash and Iris and Ash fought with Misty and Iris every two seconds. Then on the Amour side there's Seeing The Forest For the Trees. I'm just drawing a blank with Dawn for some reason.

Daw and Ash ahd some minor bickering but they were truly nice and suportive of each other 99% of the time.

Meowth Rocket

I guess tomorrow is going to be do or die for the ship's future. I'm still hopeful Serena can join Ash in Alola despite the status quo. I somehow even had a dream last night with the XY cast in swimsuits in Alola so I'm hoping part of it is prophetic. It'd be really wrong of the writers to drop Serena's crush on Ash completely without so much as a confession. I'm a bit more hopeful after the Cubs win last night, but status quo is still pretty hard to overcome so let's hope they go the extra mile with those two.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm not asking for anything, but if a mod wants to temporarily lock this thread for the next 24 hours or so, I wouldn't be complaining. Might be a good idea, considering all of this hype is going to materialize into a flood of posts in 8 hours, whether good or bad.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/786279287418564608 Anyone can translate this ? When I translate it seems like Omode is saying that's the last time she does a screenplay and the last time for Serena too , is that mean that's the last Serena's episode ever ? No Amourshipping anymore ?

"Today's Pokemon episode is "One Last Battle with Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!". This is my final XY&Z episode. Serena has been thinking a lot about her future. And her choice is... Please enjoy the episode."

I'm not asking for anything, but if a mod wants to temporarily lock this thread for the next 24 hours or so, I wouldn't be complaining. Might be a good idea, considering all of this hype is going to materialize into a flood of posts in 8 hours, whether good or bad.

How about no? xD. Yeah I see your sig Zelda, I know what you are planning. Lol

Hype levels must have AmourShipping in them and we are all good ;)

Also, I was asking Ery about EXAMPLES not what it meant!

Just remember this guys! We are all AmourShippers! We will persevere! Pray the Serena tomato and Omode!

Red Pheonix

I guess tomorrow is going to be do or die for the ship's future. I'm still hopeful Serena can join Ash in Alola despite the status quo. I somehow even had a dream last night with the XY cast in swimsuits in Alola so I'm hoping part of it is prophetic. It'd be really wrong of the writers to drop Serena's crush on Ash completely without so much as a confession. I'm a bit more hopeful after the Cubs win last night, but status quo is still pretty hard to overcome so let's hope they go the extra mile with those two.

I'm too hyped as well, despite my efforts to control it. I too saw a dream about Ash and Serena although it was more random than anything. Regardless, I'm still confident on getting something. Whatever that something is, I'll practically eat it.

We'll recieve massive amounts of nonsense today, it's inevitable. The regulars know the drill but a large amount of people will want to post their thoughts about the episode and go full depression mode. I say you guys keep the thread open and let things settle on it's own.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
So I'm just going to point out now, just a reminder. Serena's choice here doesn't necessarily define everything. There is a good chance that she may pick Palermo and her dream. However, we've seen before that people have change of hearts or ultimately these things don't work out. We've discussed it before but it's very possible, Serena tries Palermo, finds that it isn't working out or that she misses Ash and then she sets off to Alola to find him. It would be like with the beginning of XY. Don't write off anything yet. The future is bright.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm too hyped as well, despite my efforts to control it. I too saw a dream about Ash and Serena although it was more random than anything. Regardless, I'm still confident on getting something. Whatever that something is, I'll practically eat it.

We'll recieve massive amounts of nonsense today, it's inevitable. The regulars know the drill but a large amount of people will want to post their thoughts about the episode and go full depression mode. I say you guys keep the thread open and let things settle on it's own.

Jesus, you guys are all thinking about this situation way too hard. Just relax!

As for the thread going nuclear, that's expected. It's probably up to the usual crowd and the mods to regulate the asdfghjkl; that's gonna fly here, because that's what we do best, apparently.

I'm not expecting much, tbh.

Red Pheonix

Jesus, you guys are all thinking about this situation way too hard. Just relax!

As for the thread going nuclear, that's expected. It's probably up to the usual crowd and the mods to regulate the asdfghjkl; that's gonna fly here, because that's what we do best, apparently.

I'm not expecting much, tbh.

To be fair, I wasn't thinking that hard. I dream about random stuff all the time. But still, it's difficult to control the hype.

Well, our old motto applies here yet again,

High hopes, Low expectations.

Jorgesnoopy

Just a thought before the episode airs:

Summaries and tweets have really been hyping up Serena's decision, like in dephender's post. I don't really see a reason to hype up a predictable decision, like going with Palermo. In other words, all this hype may be for a more surprising decision.

I hope this doesn't count as off topic. Imo Serena's decision/future directly pertains to amour.

Meowth Rocket

Still hoping that they had the "special announcement" intentionally come after a Serena focused episode and that it has something to do with her in Alola. That one guy getting his fan art taken down of Serena in Alola attire has me a bit hopeful they're planning something for her in the future and she'll be joining Ash there. And if she accepts Palermo's offer, there could be a twist in that Palermo tells her to go to Alola to get more performing Pokemon.

Red Pheonix

Summaries and tweets have really been hyping up Serena's decision, like in dephender's post. I don't really see a reason to hype up a predictable decision, like going with Palermo. In other words, all this hype may be for a more surprising decision.

I hope this doesn't count as off topic. Imo Serena's decision/future directly pertains to amour.

Dammit I also forgot to mention this. Although that doesn't mean Serena will choose Ash, she might be picking a third option.

I'm currently listening to the Lumiose City theme. I believe a remix of this theme was used when Ash gave a gift to Serena. So listening to this makes me feel warm and fuzzy and makes me even more positive about the episode.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Still hoping that they had the "special announcement" intentionally come after a Serena focused episode and that it has something to do with her in Alola. That one guy getting his fan art taken down of Serena in Alola attire has me a bit hopeful they're planning something for her in the future and she'll be joining Ash there. And if she accepts Palermo's offer, there could be a twist in that Palermo tells her to go to Alola to get more performing Pokemon.

I still wonder why TPC took down that image only. It was a nice piece of Amour artwork, to say the least.

Meowth Rocket

I dunno about that yet. We did get a lot of hype for the dance episode and the final Kalos League battle which turned into duds.

Johtohfiller

IIRC they bickered a few times but it was never anything major, I don't think there was ever a full episode about it.

I've been wondering if she might decide to travel with Shauna (or Manon, although I find that less likely). The two of them are performing together in this episode and IMO that seems a lot more "her style" than studying with Yashio.

If nothing else I hope Serena gets a good arc in Sun and Moon, say 10 or so episodes. I'd like them to handle it like Korrina's arc where the story focuses on her more than anyone else, and emphasize how she and Ash inspire each other. Even better if Omode writes all of it or at least the biggest episodes, with all the shippiness you'd expect from her.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I still wonder why TPC took down that image only. It was a nice piece of Amour artwork, to say the least.

I don't think any image was taken down, it was most likely an invention of the fanrtist, especially sice there are a thousand "Serena in Alola" fanarts out there

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I don't think any image was taken down, it was most likely an invention of the fanrtist, especially sice there are a thousand "Serena in Alola" fanarts out there

Uhh... There was physically evidence of it being taken down by TPC. We've seen the copyright claim he received.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Uhh... There was physically evidence of it being taken down by TPC. We've seen the copyright claim he received.

It could be fake tho, there have been cases like thsi before, also TPC doesn't works on the anime directly, they may take some ideas but in general they don't manipulate the anime's story