• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

AvalonX

Super Fan
If she goes to Hoenn, does that mean that she will be participating in Pokemon contests instead of working towards her goal of becoming Kalos Queen? Or has she moved on from that dream? Btw, I haven't watched the episode yet, this is just based of what others have said.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
May I have that salty ketchup fries please?

Yep. Serena's going to Hoenn and do Contests in oblivion.
Serena, May, and Dawn special confirmed
The hand holding was definitely bait as I expected. However I won't go too salty about this.

*slowly starts to turn blue*

So far the episode was alright but there was no mention at all of her feelings. It seems that they've dropped her feelings 95%. So that kinda confirms that Ash and Serena will be leaving at the same time in the airport with Serena to Hoenn and Ash back to Kanto.

Anyway, I won't jump ship or give up amourshipping. It will live on our hearts and minds...

Now will you excuse me while I go cry in a corner in a blue state.

OOHHHHHHH! THAT................................NAME.......................

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Alright well people already said it but Serena decided to go to different region, and Yashio advice about Hoenn and Serena decided to go there
well i can say she can make cameo in sun and moon and meet Ash again so i guess good for amourshipping for now? :eek:

I see Serena going to Hoenn to participate in Contests as paralleling Dawn doing the same thing in her special episode after DP and we all know what happened to Dawn after that. My hopes for an appearance by Serena in Alola are now higher than ever.

Last edited:

Jorgesnoopy

May I have that salty ketchup fries please?

Yep. Serena's going to Hoenn and do Contests in oblivion.
Serena, May, and Dawn special confirmed
The hand holding was definitely bait as I expected. However I won't go too salty about this.

*slowly starts to turn blue*

So far the episode was alright but there was no mention at all of her feelings. It seems that they've dropped her feelings 95%. So that kinda confirms that Ash and Serena will be leaving at the same time in the airport with Serena to Hoenn and Ash back to Kanto.

Anyway, I won't jump ship or give up amourshipping. It will live on our hearts and minds...

Now will you excuse me while I go cry in a corner in a blue state.

OOHHHHHHH! THAT................................NAME.......................AHHHHHH!

I wouldn't say they've dropped her feelings. She still blushes at half the things directed at her by ash. I'd just say it's still unaddressed

CDVEN

Average Trainer
*Vomits the Salty Ketchup fries*
Blegh! What's in that stuff?

Anyway. I feel better now *sniff* so to the topic.

So yeah, I take back my statement. It is yet to have a conclusion. I guess I forgot to wipe off my last 'Serena leaves in XYZ45 salt' during the past weeks.
So at this point, the chances her going to Alola has gone up for a possible cameo for her in S/M. Alola and Hoenn seems to be close to each other since their both tropical regions so she'll probably arrive in a boat. To honest, I wasn't able to watch the episode properly because my internet screwed up so I wasn't able to watch that hand holding part.
So the ship's last chance of a proper conclusion is XYZ47. After this, I'm done with the anime forever. I would only come back for Serena possible cameo.

I saw a tweet on twitter, someone telling Satosere that Masuda said to wait until the final episode of XYZ for the conclusion of this ship.

Now will you excuse me while I go back to using my remaining boxes of tissue paper............

*sniff*

oh.......that........name........

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I feel bad for you guys. Was hyped to be big and from what I could tell, you got nothing - even the hand thing was bait.

But you should probably wait until the end of XY for a final conclusion. After all, they might take the plane back to Kanto together before going their separate ways which would give her the perfect opportunity to confess (well I'm throwing that out there for you guys).

Red Pheonix

As promised, I have returned with my salty ketchup-

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/GSeUUlxh.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

The salt however came from tears of........JOY! I'll explain-

1. Ash and Serena go to "mini-date". No running off this time.

2. Ash got genuinely concerned about Serena and thought of doing something to lift her moods up.(or something along those lines)

3. They battled alone and nobody was watching them.

4. Serena didn't accept Palermo's offer and instead went to another region for her performance. This pretty much confirms that Serena isn't going to be restricted to Kalos.

I don't know about you guys but for me, I'm content with what I got. Especially considering the nature of the show.

Side-Note: The salty ketchup doesn't taste bad. You guys should try it out.

Last edited:

seyuum

this is going to be my last post on this thread .... is like these 3 /4 years where down the toilet.... well thank you to the writers and the pokemon company for ruin what could have being the best season of pokemon, this was like a beautiful present, with a nice and beautiful box but with time we start to see inside the box and it was just crap inside (like the last 10 episodes).... that's my opinion, with this pokemon is death to me now, at least the anime, so thank you everyone here os the site and especially thread for the great moments, but i hope sun and moon being a complety failure, see ya all someday .

volcanionmaster123

As promised, I have returned with my salty ketchup-

[IMGSIZE=250]http://i.imgur.com/GSeUUlxh.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

The salt however came from tears of........JOY! I'll explain-

1. Ash and Serena go to mini-date. No running off this time.

2. Ash got genuinely concerned about Serena and thought of doing something to lift her moods up.(or something along those lines)

3. They battled alone and nobody was watching them.

4. Serena didn't accept Palermo's offer and instead went to another region for her performance. This pretty much confirms that Serena isn't going to restricted to Kalos.

I don't know about you guys but for me, I'm content with what I got. Especially considering the nature of the show.

lol ok

Don't wanna get off topic but anyways, dat ending legit shocked me, never in a million years did I actually think she was gonna reject the offer. I joke about it all the time, but I can't believe it actually happened

Now don't quote me on this, but I don't think Contests have been specifically mentioned since BW so it does feel kinda weird that it's been name dropped at a time like this... I guess I'll just believe the conspiracy about Contests being in Alola for now lol (I'm half kidding)

About the shipping, I have to see the subs before making up my mind, but it mostly showed what I expected

spacedp

Lmaaaaaaaooo for anyone saying "I can't believe they did that bye not watching anymore", who did you honestly not expect Serena to leave? Everything is leaning towards her leaving. As for amourshipping, the only thing I have to say is bye bye proper ending.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Lmaaaaaaaooo for anyone saying "I can't believe they did that bye not watching anymore", who did you honestly not expect Serena to leave? Everything is leaning towards her leaving. As for amourshipping, the only thing I have to say is bye bye proper ending.
Dude I dont think its a good idea to post things like this here. You should put this comment in the Episode Discussion section

Hi! It's been a long since I last posted i doubt anyone remembers me, but i blame school
So, apparently it's #Serena4Hoenn, huh?

I haven't watched the episode full nor did I understand a lot from the episode, but I'm happy that Serena didn't stay with Palermo, and does her own thing. Contests will be good for her.

Anyway, off-topic aside, I would've been probably happier had I not expected that Serena's feelings will be tackled in this episode. I didn't really expect her feelings to be the main focus though since Serena has her own character outside of her feelings.

For disheartened Amourshippers, there's still XY&Z 047 for a possible resolution about her feelings, or, for a stretch, a confession. And even if none of those happen, you are free to spread hate across the fandom let's just be reminded of the journey we had. Amourshipping will be in our hearts.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
I'm... Actually quite pleased and excited. Why? Because she won't rot in Kalos for eternity!!!

But seriously, this means the writers have something planned for her in the future. Othedwise they would have left her in Kalos

Red Pheonix

Hi! It's been a long since I last posted i doubt anyone remembers me, but i blame school
So, apparently it's #Serena4Hoenn, huh?

I haven't watched the episode full nor did I understand a lot from the episode, but I'm happy that Serena didn't stay with Palermo, and does her own thing. Contests will be good for her.

Anyway, off-topic aside, I would've been probably happier had I not expected that Serena's feelings will be tackled in this episode. I didn't really expect her feelings to be the main focus though since Serena has her own character outside of her feelings.

For disheartened Amourshippers, there's still XY&Z 047 for a possible resolution about her feelings, or, for a stretch, a confession. And even if none of those happen, you are free to spread hate across the fandom let's just be reminded of the journey we had. Amourshipping will be in our hearts.

I remember you. I even remember giving you my welcome post.

Serena's feelings wasn't entirely dropped either. She still blushed two times. One time when Ash proposed to go out and another time when Ash held Serena's hand. The real reason the feelings weren't addressed because Serena was so conflicted about her choice, that it wouldn't be the best place to address it.

Speaking of which, did everyone forgot about the Ash hints in today's episode? Normally, we take those and run miles with it.

SoarStaraptor

Well, she's going to Hoenn to compete in Contests. Haven't we seen this somewhere before? Did the hype go down the giga drain that easily? We're there any extra amour hints to the episode? I knew she wasn't gonna stay in Kalos. She had to go out there.

RIP the future.. maybe

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Quite a good episode. No confession, which was probably the worst part of it, but what did we expect?

I'm pumped for a Serena + May + Dawn side story episode, if one ever happens. Imagine what would happen if Serena mentions Ash or her feelings for him.

I'm actually amazed at the relative lack of Serena hints. Ash initiated the second date, he started window shopping for dresses he thought she would like, and he noticed how conflicted and upset she was feeling, and offered her the battle to clear her mind. And I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure the bulk of the advice to reject the offer came from Ash at the end of the battle.

I really didn't see Serena rejecting the offer and setting out to Hoenn to compete in contests coming. It's funny, we used to joke about how they were practically the same thing. I wonder how Serena will like the contests though. You don't dress up at all for Hoenn contests.

Not perfect, but XYZ45 is a win in my book.

Red Pheonix

Well, she's going to Hoenn to compete in Contests. Haven't we seen this somewhere before? Did the hype go down the giga drain that easily? We're there any extra amour hints to the episode? I knew she wasn't gonna stay in Kalos. She had to go out there.

RIP the future.. maybe

Try my salty ketchup.

I'm probably missing something here. Is people upset about Serena going to Hoenn or something else?

Quite a good episode. No confession, which was probably the worst part of it, but what did we expect?

I'm pumped for a Serena + May + Dawn side story episode, if one ever happens. Imagine what would happen if Serena mentions Ash or her feelings for him.

I'm actually amazed at the relative lack of Serena hints. Ash initiated the second date, he started window shopping for dresses he thought she would like, and he noticed how conflicted and upset she was feeling, and offered her the battle to clear her mind. And I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure the bulk of the advice to reject the offer came from Ash at the end of the battle.

I really didn't see Serena rejecting the offer and setting out to Hoenn to compete in contests coming. It's funny, we used to joke about how they were practically the same thing. I wonder how Serena will like the contests though. You don't dress up at all for Hoenn contests.

I have a objection about the confession. Serena's leaving in xyz47, not in this episode. A confession doesn't fit here. And as for the lack of Serena hints, we got a mountain tons of it, I even started manufacturing salty ketchup from it for God's sake. Plus, she was super worried about her choice. It's not like we didn't get Ash hints, in fact, we got only notable Ash hints today. Aside from these, totally agree with you.

Last edited:

I'm quite happy with the episode and this thread's overall reaction. No one is talking about how many Ash hints were in this episode. At least this episode showed that Ash cares about Serena.

We most likely will see Serena in the distant future, with she going to Hoenn, that opens a bunch of possibilities.

Pokemon though, is probably something I'm only gonna watch in dub now....

AshSerena

I'm quite happy with the episode and this thread's overall reaction. No one is talking about how many Ash hints were in this episode. At least this episode showed that Ash cares about Serena.

We most likely will see Serena in the distant future, with she going to Hoenn, that opens a bunch of possibilities.

i agree with this, it Show Ash is really care about Serena i mean he notice that Serena is not happy or worrying something thats why he invited her to go with him
and this Ash is kinda gentlemen today imo, i mean it is Ash wer'e talking about, remember the date episode where he just keep running around ?
look this time, he show the gown to Serena and he notice that she is sad, they eat cookies and he notice it again so Ash ask her about the battle and lastly

Ash encourage Serena about her problem thats why Serena enable to decided about her decision

i dont know but Ash today episode is really gentlemen and caring :)

and since it is confirm that Serena wants to travel different region, who knows she might go to Alola region if there is contest there or a showcase

Red Pheonix

Yeah, that's the thing I'm trying to say. They showed Ash actually cared about Serena and not "lol i dont care about what dis girl thinkz derpy derpy dero. hey look a dunsparce!".