• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm quite happy with the episode and this thread's overall reaction. No one is talking about how many Ash hints were in this episode. At least this episode showed that Ash cares about Serena.

We most likely will see Serena in the distant future, with she going to Hoenn, that opens a bunch of possibilities.

Pokemon though, is probably something I'm only gonna watch in dub now....

Well, it's an ORAS exit, really. We'll see. At least it gives her the option to go to whatever region she feels like. And hey, if she's going to Hoenn, nothing says she can't come on the plane home with Ash and stop in Kanto on the way.

Yeah, that's the thing I'm trying to say. They showed Ash actually cared about Serena and not "lol i dont care about what dis girl thinkz derpy derpy dero. hey look a dunsparce!".

Very true. It's nice to see at least something, after Seeing the Forest for the Trees.

Epicocity

I have a objection about the confession. Serena's leaving in xyz47, not in this episode. A confession doesn't fit here. And as for the lack of Serena hints, we got a mountain tons of it, I even started manufacturing salty ketchup from it for God's sake. Plus, she was super worried about her choice. It's not like we didn't get Ash hints, in fact, we got only notable Ash hints today. Aside from these, totally agree with you.

This. If she were to confess here, we'd have a whole myriad of issues to deal with that just wouldn't fit in the next two episodes and all. If they're saving it for XYZ47, that makes logical sense as it's the last episode of the series and thus would necessitate a confession much better.

More importantly: Serena isn't going to the cesspool of disappearance that is Johto! She's going to Hoenn, which means her possibilities of returning skyrocket. Imagine: Wallace Cup is held in Alola and that's where Serena goes and she reunites with Ash. Considering companions appear to be done with, it makes sense for Serena to leave the show so we can meet the newbies, but she'll return one day and bring all the shipping back with her.

And yes, Ash today was pretty much husbando material to Serena's waifu material. Or so it seemed to me.

skulkidcachi90

At least you people accept the reality, and know than this is the end.
Better live in the reality than live in a world of false dreams.
Sadly this is my end with this shitty show.

Red Pheonix

This. If she were to confess here, we'd have a whole myriad of issues to deal with that just wouldn't fit in the next two episodes and all. If they're saving it for XYZ47, that makes logical sense as it's the last episode of the series and thus would necessitate a confession much better.

More importantly: Serena isn't going to the cesspool of disappearance that is Johto! She's going to Hoenn, which means her possibilities of returning skyrocket. Imagine: Wallace Cup is held in Alola and that's where Serena goes and she reunites with Ash. Considering companions appear to be done with, it makes sense for Serena to leave the show so we can meet the newbies, but she'll return one day and bring all the shipping back with her.

And yes, Ash today was pretty much husbando material to Serena's waifu material. Or so it seemed to me.

Honestly, that's all I need to be satisfied with this ship. At this point, even if there's no confession in xyz47, I won't complain much. Because I can atleast say that Ash actually cared about Serena, rather than being an oblivious dumbf***.

As for Hoenn, it would be cool if she brought May or even Dawn with her when she comes to Alola. But that's another topic.

At least you people accept the reality, and know than this is the end.
Better live in the reality than live in a world of false dreams.
Sadly this is my end with this shitty show.

Uhhh........the end is xyz47, not now.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Well, it's an ORAS exit, really. We'll see. At least it gives her the option to go to whatever region she feels like. And hey, if she's going to Hoenn, nothing says she can't come on the plane home with Ash and stop in Kanto on the way.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing myself. The summaries for XY&Z047 don't mention multiple planes so unless Serena doesn't decide to go to Hoenn there and then, I can definitely see her going to Kanto with Ash before she goes to Hoenn.

Gantai

I'm... Actually quite pleased and excited. Why? Because she won't rot in Kalos for eternity!!!

But seriously, this means the writers have something planned for her in the future. Othedwise they would have left her in Kalos
*sighs* you guys really need to stop giving yourselves false hope.
May, Dawn and even Iris and Cilan left their home regions after leaving Ash lol
Just face it, Serena staying in Kalos or not doesn't mean anything. She'll appear in two episodes or so in Alola if she's lucky and then disappear forever just like all the other girls before her lol
And y'all saying at least Ash showed he cares about her... seriously dude? He cares about all his friends lol

Link73

- By interpreting body language, it must be one of the few episodes where Ash's Amour hints are more than Serena's...
- Even though a "these are my feelings Ash, think about it" scenario was feasible, it's better for the story that a resolution takes place on following episodes.
- Finally, I loved Shaunas's reaction to Heart-Eye Tierno... Was like a "Last time I toldya don't go there damnit" hehehe

I need to watch the subbed Spanish (mother tongue) episode (there's a feed that submits subtitled episodes sooner than I thought) to confirm some of my other conclusions...

skulkidcachi90

Just face it, Serena staying in Kalos or not doesn't mean anything. She'll appear in two episodes or so in Alola if she's lucky and then disappear forever just like all the other girls before her lol
And y'all saying at least Ash showed he cares about her... seriously dude? He cares about all his friends lol

I still want to know why some people try to reject the reality so hard.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing myself. The summaries for XY&Z047 don't mention multiple planes so unless Serena doesn't decide to go to Hoenn there and then, I can definitely see her going to Kanto with Ash before she goes to Hoenn.

So, here's what we know. There's a side story episode on the 3rd, and the SM anime starts the 17th. XYZ47 airs the 27th. Unless there's a final XYZ episode airing as a one-hour series-end special on the 3rd, 47 will be the last episode. If that's the case, it's still entirely possible that everything we've seen in previews is just the first half of the episode. Honestly, the summary doesn't mean much though. It's possible she just goes home first, or they leave on separate planes and the summary doesn't mention it because of XYZ45 spoilers. Still, a series ending scene and confession/"you'll always be with me in my heart" in the same spot in the forest where they first met would be amazing.

Jorgesnoopy

I still want to know why some people try to reject the reality so hard.

And I still want to know why you keep visiting this thread when you've obviously given up. You mind your own business, we mind ours, no need to try and drag us down.

Unfortunately we may not get any episodes in Kanto. 47 is the departure episode and then we have the special after that. But I'm definitely down for some amour in pallet

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

The last time he went on a "date" with Serena, he ran off like an idiot. This time, he didn't do anything stupid like that. Plus, considering Ash, the best you'll get from him is "He cares about her."

There was a problem with Serena staying in Kalos. She didn't have much reason to come to Alola if she wanted to train under Palermo. This time, we can make an argument about Serena will go to Alola for the same reason she went to Hoenn.

Link73

The last time he went on a "date" with Serena, he ran off like an idiot. This time, he didn't do anything stupid like that. Plus, considering Ash, the best you'll get from him is "He cares about her."

There was a problem with Serena staying in Kalos. She didn't have much reason to come to Alola if she wanted to train under Palermo. This time, we can make an argument about Serena will go to Alola for the same reason she went to Hoenn.

He did run off like an idiot, but holding Serena's hand... That makes him an adorable, caring idiot hehehehe

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
He did run off like an idiot, but holding Serena's hand... That makes him an adorable, caring idiot hehehehe

He didn't run off like an idiot this time. He dragged her with him, admittedly, like an idiot. Give Ash credit for one thing, though. He knew that if he took Serena's hand, she would never let go no matter what happened next.

Red Pheonix

He didn't run off like an idiot this time. He dragged her with him, admittedly, like an idiot. Give Ash credit for one thing, though. He knew that if he took Serena's hand, she would never let go no matter what happened next.

Oh well, Ash is forever an idiot I suppose. If Ash and Serena went to dinner, I can only imagine "the horror" Serena will face.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Hoenn, huh? Well it's not Palermo so that's a good start, but it does make you wonder why they haven't fully addressed amour yet. My guess is that either it will be addressed in the next two episodes or it will be addressed later. I don't think her choosing Hoenn binds her from still showing up in Alola, but we'll see where the road takes us.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hoenn, huh? Well it's not Palermo so that's a good start, but it does make you wonder why they haven't fully addressed amour yet. My guess is that either it will be addressed in the next two episodes or it will be addressed later. I don't think her choosing Hoenn binds her from still showing up in Alola, but we'll see where the road takes us.

Every region until Unova and after were confirmed to have contests. It certainly gives them a lot of flexibility.

I remember you. I even remember giving you my welcome post.

Serena's feelings wasn't entirely dropped either. She still blushed two times. One time when Ash proposed to go out and another time when Ash held Serena's hand. The real reason the feelings weren't addressed because Serena was so conflicted about her choice, that it wouldn't be the best place to address it.

Speaking of which, did everyone forgot about the Ash hints in today's episode? Normally, we take those and run miles with it.

Oh yeah! I also just noticed now that you sent me a visitor message, sorry I wasn't able to reply!

Yeah, I kinda figured along the episode that this episode wouldn't be the best place to address her feelings, so I guess that begs the discussion whether or not the last episodes can provide a decent conclusion to ship, given that Serena nor the ship might not be focused on much.

About the Ash hints, well, I haven't watched the whole thing, I'll come back after watching it lol.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Either that or they won't give one tiny fck about it.

I'm letting off my negativity in Twitter at the moment since most of them were blowing up their hatred in there. However, I am hoping for it to be addressed in the last episode. I mean, like they've would have the whole episode dedicated to them searching Dedenne. While she's ready to start traveling a new region, I don't think she's ready to leave Ash yet. In the episode, she seems to be overwhelmed that Palermo accepted her decision that she didn't thought that she'll be leaving Ash in the process. Not to mention that her whole mind is pondering about her future. With the staff members and Masuda himself saying to wait until the end, then I'm sure there's something that would give us that satisfactory conclusion we are hoping for. Just don't expect too much. At the moment, her chances of going to Kanto isn't dead yet as there's a possibility that she might go to Kanto with Ash and take a boat trip from there to Hoenn if Kalos were that far away from Hoenn. (I doubt it took Sawyer one plane trip from Hoenn to Kalos since Hoenn is much further than Kanto.)

Plus, shouldn't we have like 2 episodes left (not counting the special)? There's still 2 weeks left before S/M premiers in Nov. 17. unless it's another one of those breaks. If there's no break then these last 2 would be the obligatory Pallet Town episodes.

Okay, where was I? Oh yes.....

*turns blue and sits into a corner*

That........name..........

Last edited:

Link73

Oh well, Ash is forever an idiot I suppose. If Ash and Serena went to dinner, I can only imagine "the horror" Serena will face.

Guys, don't get me wrong... I was just kidding with that "run off" thing...

I really appreciate that (at least this time) the Amour hints came from Ash... seems like he understood Serena's worries and tried to clear her mind either her way (window shopping) or his (the battle).

PS: Now, I'm just thinking of Ash trying to do his best at a "formal Kalos dinner" scenario... thanks Phoenix hehehe.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Someone pointed out that Ash basically did everything Serena had wanted him to do in XY59 in this episode: Asking her on a date, taking her hand, and even apparently pointing out a dress.