• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
(Crawls out of the depths of the Earth)

Hey guys! I'm finally back from the terrible land also known as school life! What did I mi-.........

Wait a minute, this is V3 of the Amourshipping thread? Oh nooooooooooooooo......

Well then, guess I'll just reintroduce myself to the new people.

Ikcatcher, I'm sure you have seen my name from that one beautiful strike on the first page, and also wrote two (somewhat horrible) Amourshipping fanfics that I never want to be reminded of. Used to be a big Amourshipper, but honestly the community and the show itself has numbed me where I honestly don't really care as much as I do back then.

Hey veteran, welcome to the new generation of Amourshippers. Why is it v3? Don't ask..
I came from v2 (I forgot my introductions) but was a lurker since v1.
Maybe with your experience, you can give useful prediction about what's to come.

I know Aya Matsui being the new director was bad , she just want to do another Ship to making dirty money like Serena did but it's funny how on Twitter and co every fake Amourshippers are already jumping ship and saying Mallow/Lillie can remplace Serena easily... After 3 beautiful years we have to struggle now and be strong together I guess.

Aside from that , I feel like we will not get a good closure since the wink footage in the airport is now 99,9% from XYZ 47 , and during the battle between Ash & Clemont , Serena is not there so I feel like she will be the first to leave and the good bye is just the wink... I don't want to see every one mad or give up after XYZ 47 air so I just want to warn you guys , be prepared for the worst.

A cartoon this goofy-looking won't have any shipping as exaggerated as Amour. It just doesn't match the tone. No offense to anyone who likes it though.

I know you are worried and the warning is appreciated but try not to think too far into this. Remember the preview for the upcoming Greninja episode? That only had Ash and Greninja in it and everyone was assuming that Serena had already left for that episode. In the end, Serena was still there and you can actually see her in the second preview. Holding Ash's hand and jumping off the cliff with him, a big hint for us!

As for the wink, it's too early to assume anything. She could be winking at someone else lets say Clemont or Bonnie:
Clemont: "So this is goodbye? Will we ever see you guys again?"
Ash: "Don't worry you will and when you do, we'll have another battle!"
Serena: "Yeah, this isn't goodbye forever. We'll see each other again just like old times." -Wink-
Bonnie: "Yeah, it's a promise!!!"

And really guys, I don't think they'll make Serena leaves first. Ash is going to Kanto on a plane right? And the final moment of the episode will be Ash riding on the plane. And all of Ash's friends, including Serena, will stay to stay goodbye to Ash. Hence Serena won't have a early goodbye.
^ This. It's the standard for every farewell episode that we've watched so far. People going back to their native homeland and then parting ways.
E.g. Ash and Brock leaving Dawn to go back to Kanto. Also, Iris and Cilan left together since they're going somewhere different and Ash is already in this native homeland.

Even if Serena leaves early, what's the difference? She'll just say goodbye to everyone and try to say something to Ash privately but everyone would just be watching and glaring at them. That's why I think AND hoping that Serena and Ash will be together and have their last one-on-one time together. For now that is, until the S/M anime comes or goes.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Did everyone really expected a hug or a kiss or a confess? i really dont see its happening at the end of episode and what if she really confess but Ash is rejected her.. thats akward for her if she will come back for Alola region and meet Ash again imo, and it seems Alola is really connected in Kalos since prof Aok's cousin mention Xerneas while doing the gag , he knows the Kalos Legendary pokemon

This is what im gonna do, i will wait and see what going to happen at the end of XYZ and accept it all and wait for her comeback in Alola region
If she will not coming back or atleast have a cameo at the end of Sun&Moon , then i can confirm that i will stop watching and buying games after Sun and Moon , thats it xD
But for now i will see how things go , sit back and still hope for her comeback later on(she's popular after all :x ) also do you know lots of people order that Serena Music box , both japanese and people outside of japan, thats how she is popular

so thats it, i will watch XYZ till end and Sun and Moon and if there is no evidence or hints that she's going back or no conclusion to amourshipping, all i can do is stop watching the next series after Sun and Moon, it is the Pokemon anime staff losing fans , and they will get it someday after all .. Serena character and Amourshipping brought back people who stop watching the anime to watch it again

(btw anyone wondering why writers choose Hoenn? , not Sinnoh or Johto? i feel there is something about this)
Realistically speaking, I do expect a hug if or when they do part ways for awhile. I mean, you have to consider all the moments we've seen between Ash and Serena. Serena has always been there to help Ash whenever she could and we've seen him acknowledge that in the past. When Serena left on her journey to travel with Ash, it allowed her to be herself and in a sense come out of her shell. His personality really did help her along the way and brought some of the strength that she always had to the surface. Seeing the kind of person she was in the beginning to what she has become now has been great to watch and this Ash had a little something to do with it. They do compliment each other quite well at times and I think a hug between the two would be appropriate. Will it happen? I Don't know. Should it happen? Yes.

Btw AshSerena, I know you know all this stuff already and most people around here do, it's just a little reminder for...whoever lol. I agree about waiting and seeing what happens. It goes with a personal motto of mine, which is "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."

As for choosing Hoenn, the only logical answer I can come up with is because that's where contests originated. If Serena is interested in them, it would make sense to go to the place where they started.

Last edited:

Epicocity

I'm going to pop in here to clear something up: Aya Matsui is NOT the director. She is the writer. The director is something above her.

Now that that's out of the way, it's a good thing we're the most relaxed in the community out there. But seriously, that Mallow moment throwing everybody all up in arms? Beyond ridiculous. Anyone not even having to understand Japanese can tell what was going on there...and it's not like girls haven't held his hand before...

But back on Amour, I do think we can expect reasonable resolution in XYZ 47. What that resolution is, I've no idea! But the whole episode isn't going to be spent on finding the narcopleptic puffball. I've really no major worries. Not with Tomioka, who started the whole damn thing as early as XY002 writing the episode as what seems to be his final swan song. Why not go out with a bang?

AYYY...some veterans!

Remember guys, Serena is still the only girl with a confirmed canon crush on Ash, never forget that.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
God damn it gentlemen. I expected better out of us.

Maybe this wasn't perfectly clear before, but Mallow grabbing Ash's hand means NOTHING. At all. In the slightest. If she starts blushing over him, I'd be concerned. If he grabs her hand, I'd be concerned. But literally everyone in this series has grabbed Ash's hand in excitement or impatience at one time or another. It means nothing to Amour, and it certainly doesn't mean Aloha (Is that a standardized term for Ash x Mallow now?) has become a cheap knockoff of Amour.

I don't know who's dragging that petition back up, but don't. It likely never had any effect on the decisions of the writers, and certainly doesn't now. It has no purpose but to make this community look bad.

We are not dying unless we kill ourselves. We are our own greatest threat. I want everybody here to be backing Amour without flipping out at the first sign of any remote hint between anyone else. If you can't keep under control, get off this ship.

Red Pheonix

Maybe this wasn't perfectly clear before, but Mallow grabbing Ash's hand means NOTHING. At all. In the slightest. If she starts blushing over him, I'd be concerned. If he grabs her hand, I'd be concerned. But literally everyone in this series has grabbed Ash's hand in excitement or impatience at one time or another. It means nothing to Amour, and it certainly doesn't mean Aloha (Is that a standardized term for Ash x Mallow now?) has become a cheap knockoff of Amour.

I don't know who's dragging that petition back up, but don't. It likely never had any effect on the decisions of the writers, and certainly doesn't now. It has no purpose but to make this community look bad.

We are not dying unless we kill ourselves. We are our own greatest threat. I want everybody here to be backing Amour without flipping out at the first sign of any remote hint between anyone else. If you can't keep under control, get off this ship.

Hell, if Mallow actually blushed, I wouldn't be much concerned. Pretty much every Pokegirl has their shiptease moments.

Oh yeah, Tomioka is writing the final episode, right? He was also the head writer in XY/Z, right? Oh and a question, did he wrote XY07? The childhood scene?

CDVEN

Average Trainer

It really annoys me whenever someone brings up that petition. Even if it had like 1 million signs, it would still won't do crap about the anime. I had someone who gave a supposed
'message' to send to the writers in his review of my fanfic. I straight up ignored it, because I knew it wouldn't do anything other than making this community look like desperate, greedy a-holes who rants everything every time an episode (especially a Serena-focused episode) didn't happen the way they want with something happening with the ship. I'm glad that I was able to join you guys, a much more mature amour community compared to social media pages like Facebook.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a decent conclusion in XYZ47. Regarding on how Serena would say goodbye to Ash, I would like it to be either a hug or a kiss on the cheek. While a hug would probably the most realistic scenario we can get, I feel that a kiss on the cheek would be much more meaningful. I mean, come on! He got kissed by a friggin Pokemon! So why not Serena? I've found out in my playthrough of Pokemon X that people in Kalos would kiss each other on the cheek as a way to say hello or goodbye as said by an NPC so Serena doing the gesture to Ash in XYZ47 wouldn't be that far off. Serena owes Ash a lot after helping her out to come at this point in her life so why not give a kiss on the cheek to her love as a symbol on how much she appreciated his help and support and love from him?

Anyway, I will still remain my expectations as low as possible....

Last edited:

Heekful

Hell, if Mallow actually blushed, I wouldn't be much concerned. Pretty much every Pokegirl has their shiptease moments.

Oh yeah, Tomioka is writing the final episode, right? He was also the head writer in XY/Z, right? Oh and a question, did he wrote XY07? The childhood scene?

Tomioka didn't wrote XY007 (it was Akemi Omode) but he did the 1st , 2nd and 3rd episodes where Serena decided to leave her house to see Ash.
Actually he wrote a lot of serious and emotional episodes (the Haircut , the ravine episode , the Korrina battle , all the Snowbelle city arc , all the TeamFlare arc) so I expect a lot of serious stuffs for XY&Z 47 but I really feel like Serena is leaving first , I hope I'm wrong.

Epicocity

He didn't, Omode did, but Tomioka still wrote the first three episodes of the series, you know, where Serena leaves home after seeing Ash on television. The fact that the final episode is scripted by the head writer and storyboarded by the director, who was the one that came up with this thing in the first place, I really see no reason to worry about it. Tomioka may not have written the episode with the childhood scene, but don't think he didn't have a hand in crafting it.

Red Pheonix

It really annoys me whenever someone brings up that petition. Even if it had like 1 million signs, it would still won't do crap about the anime. I had someone who gave a supposed
'message' to send to the writers in his review of my fanfic. I straight up ignored it, because I knew it wouldn't do anything other than making this community look like desperate, greedy a-holes who rants everything every time an episode (especially a Serena-focused episode) didn't happen the way they want with something happening with the ship. I'm glad that I was able to join you guys, a much more mature amour community compared to social media pages like Facebook.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a decent conclusion in XYZ47. Regarding on how Serena would say goodbye to Ash, I would like it to be either a hug or a kiss on the cheek. While a hug would probably the most realistic scenario we can get, I feel that a kiss on the cheek would be much more meaningful. I mean, come on! He got kissed by a friggin Pokemon! So why not Serena? I've found out in my playthrough of Pokemon X that people in Kalos would kiss each other on the cheek as a way to say hello or goodbye as said by an NPC so Serena doing the gesture to Ash in XYZ47 wouldn't be that far off. Serena owes Ash a lot after helping her out to come at this point in her life so why not give a kiss on the cheek to her love as a symbol on how much she appreciated his help and support and love from him?

Anyway, I will still remain my expectations as low as possible....

Sometimes I wonder, is the Facebook/youtube/twitter community that bad? Isn't there a person who's screaming everyone to calm down?

Speaking of which, so a Kalos tradition of kissing on the cheek when they say goodbye? Did the writers note this? Probably not, it's just one npc talking.

He didn't, Omode did, but Tomioka still wrote the first three episodes of the series, you know, where Serena leaves home after seeing Ash on television. The fact that the final episode is scripted by the head writer and storyboarded by the director, who was the one that came up with this thing in the first place, I really see no reason to worry about it. Tomioka may not have written the episode with the childhood scene, but don't think he didn't have a hand in crafting it.

I think all the writers had some hand in Amour, one way or another. Some took it more, like Omode and arguably Tomioka, while others didn't take it that much. Still, I have no clue what to think about the final episode, most likely because I have no idea how the episode will play out. I mean I read the plot for the DP final episode but this time seems like a different situation.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
So... what happened in the two days I wasn't here? Seems like the thread is starting to implode.

----

Sometimes I wonder, is the Facebook/youtube/twitter community that bad? Isn't there a person who's screaming everyone to calm down?

Speaking of which, so a Kalos tradition of kissing on the cheek when they say goodbye? Did the writers note this? Probably not, it's just one npc talking.

I think all the writers had some hand in Amour, one way or another. Some took it more, like Omode and arguably Tomioka, while others didn't take it that much. Still, I have no clue what to think about the final episode, most likely because I have no idea how the episode will play out. I mean I read the plot for the DP final episode but this time seems like a different situation.

1. As far as I can tell, the YouTube comments section when watching raw and subbed footage is full of "I hate the writers so much rn it's not even funny" and whatnot. Negativity abound.

2. Well, they're French.

3. I think that I tried to make that point a bit ago, but no one really listened. All the writers probably do a peer consultation thing or something, so it's not like a single writer is responsible for all this.

ThePikaTrainer

Pikachu Master
Yeah, it was more of a group effort with Amour by the writers, not just Omode and Tomioka or whoever else. Though, that makes me think about how many of those writers thought shipping in general was a good idea, or if Amourshipping specifically was a good idea. If the former is the case, then Ash could start getting a new ship every generation. And before anyone says "The Anime Community won't fall for it again!", they don't really care what we fall for. They hype the League every time even though we know Ash won't win, and there are many more fans who were hyped for that than there was for the Amour Episodes, no offense.

Red Pheonix

Yeah, it was more of a group effort with Amour by the writers, not just Omode and Tomioka or whoever else. Though, that makes me think about how many of those writers thought shipping in general was a good idea, or if Amourshipping specifically was a good idea. If the former is the case, then Ash could start getting a new ship every generation. And before anyone says "The Anime Community won't fall for it again!", they don't really care what we fall for. They hype the League every time even though we know Ash won't win, and there are many more fans who were hyped for that than there was for the Amour Episodes, no offense.

I think they would think shipping in general is a good idea. At the very least, it gives good laugh. What you should be asking is, giving Ash a real possibility of a girlfriend, like with Serena, is a good idea for the writers. If they do, my only solution is a approach I take when I play the Persona games. All girls are viable and it's up you to think who's the best. If not, then consider Serena as Ash's romantic endgame and die happy.

DatsRight

I like how Serena's goal is sort of a deconstruction of Ash's.

Ash has a dead set quest he's one track set on, namely to win a league and become Pokemon Master, but keeps diverting from it subconsciously to help people, semi oblivious to the fact he gets more gratification from the journey and heroism than any of the potential spoils and glory (Serena was a clear by product of this, since Ash halted progress several times over to let her grow and discover herself, even as a younger kid before he started in fact).

Serena is less sure of what particular occupation she wants and is pretty much just trying everything to see how it goes (even if she's narrowed it a bit to performance quests), though she is more aware that making people around the world happy is her bigger drive and fulfilment.

Last edited:

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Ash has a dead set quest he's one track set on, namely to win a league and become Pokemon Master, but keeps diverting from it subconsciously to help people, semi oblivious to the fact he gets more gratification from the journey and heroism than any of the potential spoils and glory (Serena was a clear by product of this, since Ash halted progress several times over to let her grow and discover herself, even as a younger kid before he started in fact).

Serena is less sure of what particular occupation she wants and is pretty much just trying everything to see how it goes (even if she's narrowed it a bit to performance quests), though she is more aware that making people around the world happy is her bigger drive and fulfilment.

Just another rendition of how Serena and Ash have some many opposites, but in the end, still complement each other like how peanut butter and jelly make a good sandwich.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
(Serena was a clear by product of this, since Ash halted progress several times over to let her grow and discover herself, even as a younger kid before he started in fact).
Just shows ya that Serena is Ash's favorite and how great she is for him to do that :D

Also never thought I'd see PBJ be brought up in the Amourshipping forum.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Just shows ya that Serena is Ash's favorite and how great she is for him to do that :D

Also never thought I'd see PBJ be brought up in the Amourshipping forum.

You should totally see some of my other analogies from the previous thread, mate. Apparently, I am that one guy who has unusual comparisons to things that usually makes sense, funnily enough. 11/10 Serena has a special place in Ash's heart.

Feraleaguehater

It hasn't been too lively around here(school, work, etc., don't help). I guess that's how things will remain until XYZ047 airs. I'll also hold off further "analysis" until then.

About the whole Mallow thing...i really wouldn't make much of it. I never considered hand grabbing a type of hint in the 1st place, maybe with the exception of last episode's but that was due to Serena's blushing. Plus, it doesn't make sense to be afraid of Ash getting another love interest in Sun and Moon, but i understand if some would be angry at the writers if they teased the hell out of us again. In any case, i stand by the belief that if amourshipping doesn't sail, no other ash shipping will. At the very least not in the generation immediately after XY...
If anything, reactions to the recent trailers revealed who are the "fake" amourshippers, but hey, i'm not complaining. You ship whoever you want to ship for whatever reason you deem appropriate. Nothing wrong with that. Though i'll personally remain an amourshipper and not take future ash ships seriously.

On another note, i was thinking of occupying myself with some amour fanfics in the meantime. If anyone wants their work read, i'm all ears(...and eyes...). I can give you some amateur feedback if you wish.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper

My favourite parallel is how serena promesed shauna to win to win for all of them who coldn't, and then looses in the final against a cleary plot-shielded character; while ash promeses the same thing to the punk looking guy and then, well, alain's character shield is more op than that overwath ult everybbody complains about.

What is most likely going to happen IMO is
1)XYZ46: Nothing
2)XYZ47: Farwell
3)Time passes abot half the comunity jumps to other shipps, the other half gives up and just me and TTHN03 a cople others remain 100% ridiculosly stubborn optimistic
4)She appears at the end of SM season 1 (it's like thy wouldn't bring back a character after a season, they did it with a certain black guy we all know and miss love)
5)this thread gets blown into existance ata rate of anew page every 0.36 seconds

Now we have to wait till november 2017 and see
Only32 866 903 seconds remaing!
http://mycount.org/en/?wm=3&inv=3&fid=1
Okay i need to chill

CDVEN

Average Trainer
It hasn't been too lively around here(school, work, etc., don't help). I guess that's how things will remain until XYZ047 airs. I'll also hold off further "analysis" until then.

About the whole Mallow thing...i really wouldn't make much of it. I never considered hand grabbing a type of hint in the 1st place, maybe with the exception of last episode's but that was due to Serena's blushing. Plus, it doesn't make sense to be afraid of Ash getting another love interest in Sun and Moon, but i understand if some would be angry at the writers if they teased the hell out of us again. In any case, i stand by the belief that if amourshipping doesn't sail, no other ash shipping will. At the very least not in the generation immediately after XY...
If anything, reactions to the recent trailers revealed who are the "fake" amourshippers, but hey, i'm not complaining. You ship whoever you want to ship for whatever reason you deem appropriate. Nothing wrong with that. Though i'll personally remain an amourshipper and not take future ash ships seriously.

On another note, i was thinking of occupying myself with some amour fanfics in the meantime. If anyone wants their work read, i'm all ears(...and eyes...). I can give you some amateur feedback if you wish.

I guess you check out mine. I'm looking forward to improve my writing so any tips would be great. Please note that there are some grammar and spelling error here and there. Link is in my signature.

Everyone is eagerly waiting for XYZ47. If what the staff members and Masuda were true and not another bait then there's nothing to worry about. I can feel we're getting something good. Just keep those expectations at absolute zero for the meantime. Also, many fake amourshippers are already jumping ship to Mallow, Lillie, and Lana ships, completely forgetting that Amour was the closest one to become canon. Not to mention the only ship when one of them had a canon crush (wouldn't call it crush anymore but love).

No matter what happens, I will still remain faithful to Amour and nothing else. There will be no future ship that can come close to this. Unless the writers are taking drugs and makes a future ship after amour canon. Poor Serena will have the most devastating heartbreak in her life.

If that happens (let's hope it doesn't), I can imagine Serena herself going to her Blue Brock phase whenever someone mentions Ash's name.

Miette: Hey Serena! How are you and Ash?
Serena: *Turns blue* That.....name.....

Okay, I think I want to see a fanart of Serena going to her Blue Brock phase

Last edited: