• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

CALLED. IT.

Honestly, this was a great episode. I feel very satisfied with how the XY series ended, and I think that if she didn't just get through to him, he really is as hopeless as we all thought. I'm a little upset that it was her last scene, but the way they ended it off, it seems like she might come back again some day, in some form. I find it interesting how they never mentioned Alola at all, or even had any ending in Pallet Town aside from Ash walking into his house. I guess that this means it's still possible for SM to be a prequel.

So, as for the future, I will certainly be sticking around. I look forward to many years to come with all of you who elect to do the same.

JL_muserwolves

♫ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫
Start the party boat engines, boys and girls, 'cause we are all witnesses.

It happened. It... it actually happened!

If you need me, I'll be floating in the clouds for the next while.

Also, thank you, Pokemon, for bringing us all here together to celebrate. It's beautiful!

Heekful

Thanks you Atsuhiro Tomioka and Tetsuo Yajima , you will be always remembered even if you were fired up.
I can leave in peace now , AMOUR4LIFE ! #BringSerenaToAlola

amour4ever

I'm tired.
Dude! xD Just be happy you got this! Compared to what the end actually seemed like- with Serena probably not even mentioning the crush to Ash, this is a scenario that we would've laughed at if anyone had suggested just two weeks ago! It's your opinion of course. But all I can say is, as a strong AmourShipper, I am super happy at what we got. And I think this is a happiness shared by every AmourShipper; old and new. Guys who have been here since the first thread until now. It was a great ride with you guys! :)

Pokes! I've always enjoyed your posts and positivity. I admit I didn't even think we'd get a confession, so again I am happy about the kiss/confession, definitely wasn't expecting that at all, but I'm sorry, I'm just not in the same place as you guys being happy w/ this ending. And that's just it, b/c I believe this is the end for Amour, for Serena, and emotionally, this didn't wrap things up for me. Like I said, still a tiny sliver of hope will I keep, but sigh... It was great reading your posts throughout this ride though, pokes. :)

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Nice to see back for this moment Pokesrini!

Wow!!! I'm so glad I had this day off from work to watch this episode ASAP! Holy ******** I can't believe Serena actually kissed Ash and the reactions by Bonnie and Clemont, Ash's reactions in his eyes after it happened, then Bonnie with the fist pump too!!!! I'm practically speechless atm. I guess when they told us to wait until the end, they weren't kidding!

Also during the final montage of scenes, we had Amour moments thrown in there too! I....still can't believe what I just saw guys. :eek:

And a Thank You to AshSerena for giving us and idea of what was being said during those moments. :)

Last edited:
Pokes! I've always enjoyed your posts and positivity. I admit I didn't even think we'd get a confession, so again I am happy about the kiss/confession, definitely wasn't expecting that at all, but I'm sorry, I'm just not in the same place as you guys being happy w/ this ending. And that's just it, b/c I believe this is the end for Amour, for Serena, and emotionally, this didn't wrap things up for me. Like I said, still a tiny sliver of hope will I keep, but sigh... It was great reading your posts throughout this ride though, pokes. :)

Nice to see back for this moment Pokesrini!

Wow!!! I'm so glad I had this day off from work to watch this episode ASAP! Holy ******** I can't believe Serena actually kissed Ash and the reactions by Bonnie and Clemont, Ash's reactions in his eyes after it happened, then Bonnie with the fist pump too!!!! I'm practically speechless atm. I guess when they told us to wait until the end, they weren't kidding!

Also during the final montage of scenes, we had Amour moments thrown in there too! I....still can't believe what I just saw guys. :eek:

And a Thank You to AshSerena for giving us and idea of what was being said during those moments. :)

Hahah thanks guys! Great to see you too, and reading all your posts were fun :) Heck, not just yours. Reading everyone's posts- the exhaustive and exhausting debates; sometimes amicable, sometimes furious. It was great!

And frankly, about my optimism, I could've come off as either incredibly foolish and bull-headed, or optimistic and happy depending on the outcome. So looks like I managed to save my face and become the optimistic and happy guy xD

One more thing, as someone mentioned, since there was no mention of Alola, this could mean that either it is a spin-off, or it is a prequel. If it is either of these two, and there's a likelihood we will get back to the "real" series, then I, for one, will wait for it :) And I might even give Alola a shot! But even if not, well. It's fine! Our job's done!

And you said Amour wouldn't happen...

Come on. Cut him/her some slack xD

Ashjon07

Never give up until the end!
Huh? Well what do ya' know, she actually kissed him. Congratz, guys, you got what you wanted. Though, I'm not so sure why everyone's screaming 'canon (Here, in Facebook and in Twitter). I wouldn't go that far. It's nice but, I wouldn't consider amourshipping canon. Not yet to say at least.

Hahah thanks guys! Great to see you too, and reading all your posts were fun :) Heck, not just yours. Reading everyone's posts- the exhaustive and exhausting debates; sometimes amicable, sometimes furious. It was great!

And frankly, about my optimism, I could've come off as either incredibly foolish and bull-headed, or optimistic and happy depending on the outcome. So looks like I managed to save my face and become the optimistic and happy guy xD

One more thing, as someone mentioned, since there was no mention of Alola, this could mean that either it is a spin-off, or it is a prequel. If it is either of these two, and there's a likelihood we will get back to the "real" series, then I, for one, will wait for it :) And I might even give Alola a shot! But even if not, well. It's fine! Our job's done!

Come on. Cut him/her some slack xD

Sure, but I just want to say that this is what happens when you stick through a ship

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Huh? Well what do ya' know, she actually kissed him. Congratz, guys, you got what you wanted. Though, I'm not so sure why everyone's screaming 'canon (Here, in Facebook and in Twitter). I wouldn't go that far. It's nice but, I wouldn't consider amourshipping canon. Not yet to say at least.

True, I have a hard time calling a shipping canon until the two are actually in a relationship. But it's clear imo where Amourshipping stands at this point. I really don't know what else to say...I don't know how I feel about this...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

I wouldn't call it canon, but I will say that Serena has broke the boundary of ship teases and came the closest of being an canonical Ash-ship. And because of this, she also established herself as the biggest obstacle to all future Ash-shippings such as Mallow, Lana, and Lillie. If they are ever paired with Ash officially in the new series as a love interest, they would be accused of being a rip off of Serena, no matter how different it may be.

Like I've stated before, there has never been a girl like Serena before in the anime and there will never be a girl that match up Serena in terms of being Ash's romantic love interest.

DatsRight

Wow they actually did it. Nice to have some pay off then. Only shame is that I find it likely Serena won't be appearing with Ash any time soon because they won't know how to continue off of it (unless they pull off something very cruel like with Meiling in Cardcaptor Sakura where she finds out he's in love with someone else).

I was worried after the previous episode but the finale was actually pretty sweet.

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
I think Ash's silliness in Alola is going to be Serena's fault, because we all know what happens to boys who suddenly get kissed by the girl that loves them so much.

They go nuts.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I wouldn't call it canon, but I will say that Serena has broke the boundary of ship teases and came the closest of being an canonical Ash-ship. And because of this, she also established herself as the biggest obstacle to all future Ash-shippings such as Mallow, Lana, and Lillie. If they are ever paired with Ash officially in the new series as a love interest, they would be accused of being a rip off of Serena, no matter how different it may be.

Like I've stated before, there has never been a girl like Serena before in the anime and there will never be a girl that match up Serena in terms of being Ash's romantic love interest.

It's certainly starboarding that's for sure, all Amourshipping needs now for canon certainty is continuity in SM, through either Serena cameo or Ash thinking about her in that way.

As for rip-off Serena, depends on personlity. They could easily make a tsundere character which would be very different from Amour.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Ash's silliness in Alola is going to be Serena's fault, because we all know what happens to boys who suddenly get kissed by the girl that loves them so much.

They go nuts.

Lol I guess that makes sense.

Anyways I saw the scene where they kiss and I thought it was pretty cute. It does seem like Ash did enjoy it a bit as his eyes kinda glossed over for a second lol

spacedp

Totally didn't expect that athe all. I thought the posts from a few days ago about a kiss or whatever were really silly and a thing that was way too fanfiction-y for it to happen. Kind of a bummer that SM Ash looks like a reboot.

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Well now...

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvxErOGVYAAuu5e.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvxEu91UsAEU-Vr.jpg[/img139]

OHHHHHHHHHHH! MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!

I've wanted to watch the final episode without the subs. I can't wait for it any longer!!

But this, I never expected Serena to kiss Ash!
A confession was a possibility or a "One day we'll meet again line" while she blushes was the worst case scenario.

I still cannot believe this! I AM SO HAPPY! I'M SO GLAD I PICKED AMOURSHIPPING!
It was a given that I'll choose it anyways though. haha!!

NOW LET'S CELEBRATE!
Come on everyone, Soda Pops and Lemonade are on @RedPhoenix today!!

Well about this canon debate, I'll just leave it to this. If Ash didn't like it, he would've reacted in a completely different way. The fact that he liked it stood out that his eyes shone after the kiss, and he waved back to Serena enthusiastically. What more do we need? Feel free to touch on technicalities. But for me, and most others I'd say, this is considered as good as canon. Nothing wrong in indulging with a bit of reading between the lines- especially in a scenario like this one. After all, it is all those technicalities that were proven wrong at this point. And reading between the lines was the successful one. Might as well go with it one last time.

SoarStaraptor

Oh man. I feel like a fool now, thinking they wasn't going to make physical contact, but man was I wrong lol.

Still I can't believe they censored this over Latias, and that guy from the Diancie movie credits cheek kiss.

So I'm guessing this was lip contact then? If so, then it's acceptable.