• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

AshSerena

I dont think Ash did not like that kiss, i mean if a cute girl kiss you suddenly ofc you will have same reaction as Ash right now xD
now my opinion about this..
well im really happy that the writers did it for us, Serena is different from other pokegirl.. she's only one who did this to Ash! even saying Ash is her goal!

now someone mention this on twitter but, they rather want to keep the kiss later on cause it means Amourshipping ended there means theres no reason for her to return in future series and kinda akward for her to see Ash again after kissing him... that because of this scene, the chances for return of Serena in future is really low now

but if they did not do that, its more higher chance that she might go to Alola and confess there instead giving a kiss here

Red Pheonix

Guys! Guys?! I'm not dreaming? Please tell me, I'm not dreaming? Serena kissed Ash ?! What?! I'm I'm....HECK YEAH

We did it guys!!! Amour has finally won out! We stuck through the downs and highs and we got it! And to some of us including me chastised The Cap for being to optimistic!!

I will die in happiness now

You're dreaming. In reality, Ash dumped Serena and she ordered by unsold salty ketchup supply.

Man, I told you keep high hopes. Glad that it payed off.

This calls for a celebration!

Also I call for the vote: Amourshipping Day is officially changed to October 27th!

I vote for this. October 27 is Amourshipping day.

CALLED. IT.

Honestly, this was a great episode. I feel very satisfied with how the XY series ended, and I think that if she didn't just get through to him, he really is as hopeless as we all thought. I'm a little upset that it was her last scene, but the way they ended it off, it seems like she might come back again some day, in some form. I find it interesting how they never mentioned Alola at all, or even had any ending in Pallet Town aside from Ash walking into his house. I guess that this means it's still possible for SM to be a prequel.

So, as for the future, I will certainly be sticking around. I look forward to many years to come with all of you who elect to do the same.

Oh God, I thought you were just joking with that. When I hoped for a kiss, the last thing I thought was an elevator.
Pokes! I've always enjoyed your posts and positivity. I admit I didn't even think we'd get a confession, so again I am happy about the kiss/confession, definitely wasn't expecting that at all, but I'm sorry, I'm just not in the same place as you guys being happy w/ this ending. And that's just it, b/c I believe this is the end for Amour, for Serena, and emotionally, this didn't wrap things up for me. Like I said, still a tiny sliver of hope will I keep, but sigh... It was great reading your posts throughout this ride though, pokes. :)

Atleast know that something decent came out of this. Rather than just being dropped off or not addressed.

Huh? Well what do ya' know, she actually kissed him. Congratz, guys, you got what you wanted. Though, I'm not so sure why everyone's screaming 'canon (Here, in Facebook and in Twitter). I wouldn't go that far. It's nice but, I wouldn't consider amourshipping canon. Not yet to say at least.

I understand what you mean, as far as Ash is concerned, it his feelings for Serena is still unconfirmed, technically speaking. But I'll eat my semi-canon ending I've been expecting since the start of my watching of xyz.

Oh and also, another thing to note. Ash was teary eyed after that kiss. I'll leave it just here.

I think Ash's silliness in Alola is going to be Serena's fault, because we all know what happens to boys who suddenly get kissed by the girl that loves them so much.

They go nuts.

That's actually a good theory. Good job. :)

OHHHHHHHHHHH! MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!

I've wanted to watch the final episode without the subs. I can't wait for it any longer!!

But this, I never expected Serena to kiss Ash!
A confession was a possibility or a "One day we'll meet again line" while she blushes was the worst case scenario.

I still cannot believe this! I AM SO HAPPY! I'M SO GLAD I PICKED AMOURSHIPPING!
It was a given that I'll choose it anyways though. haha!!

NOW LET'S CELEBRATE!
Come on everyone, Soda Pops and Lemonade are on @RedPhoenix today!!

Honestly, I didn't know what to think of it before the episode aired. But when I watched that scene, I was having philosophical questions about what constitutes "fanficy" and "real".

Wait! I don't have soda pops and Lemonades stocked! I have a huge supply of salty ketchup I need to dispose off! But whatever! Let's party anyway!

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Confessing to ur crush is already scary as hell. Giving your crush a kiss in front of your friends when you're about to leave... That girl has some balls huh

Heekful

Confessing to ur crush is already scary as hell. Giving your crush a kiss in front of your friends when you're about to leave... That girl has some balls huh

At the end Serena beats Miette in every competitions ahaha thank you so much writers.

Navin

MALDREAD
Why didn't this scene happen 3/4 of the way through XY, so they at least could have had a conversation about it?

Ah well, it still ended up being a completely one-sided pairing, but at least Serena grew some balls and "confessed." Although how much Ash actually understood is unknown.

Well about this canon debate, I'll just leave it to this. If Ash didn't like it, he would've reacted in a completely different way. The fact that he liked it stood out that his eyes shone after the kiss, and he waved back to Serena enthusiastically. What more do we need? Feel free to touch on technicalities. But for me, and most others I'd say, this is considered as good as canon. Nothing wrong in indulging with a bit of reading between the lines- especially in a scenario like this one. After all, it is all those technicalities that were proven wrong at this point. And reading between the lines was the successful one. Might as well go with it one last time.

Can confirm it doesn't work this way in real life.

Last edited:
All I can really say is just... wow. I did NOT even expect a good closure, or a confession, much more a kiss! Our "high hopes, low expectations" mantra really did pay off a lot.

Congratulations everyone!!!

While, yes, it doesn't really make Amour canon now, but the dialogue seemed to strongly imply that sometime in the future, they will be canon. That's what I think, at least, and I couldn't be even happier than I am now!

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!

Can confirm it doesn't work this way in real life.

Yeah? Tried before? xD Jk man. This is a story anyway. Reading between the lines is completely acceptable. Worked in the past. I'll make a final assumption at least, and leave it at that.

All I can say is .. wow we did it guys! We made history! I have even more hope they will travel together again and even marry because of what happened today! Just.... man I'm starting to get really teary haha ;) <3That was so BEAUTIFUL!!! 2 amazing childhood friends.... as Serena was leaving, she was sad and teary, but she overcame and her confidence showed... she kissed him! Ash's reaction was amazing and so beautiful! oUR Boy had fallen in love! That was soon beautiful! Thank you POKEMON! And thank you to us fans of amour shipping who never gave up.... this ending will be remembered till the day I die. Thank you!

AshSerena

All I can really say is just... wow. I did NOT even expect a good closure, or a confession, much more a kiss! Our "high hopes, low expectations" mantra really did pay off a lot.

Congratulations everyone!!!

While, yes, it doesn't really make Amour canon now, but the dialogue seemed to strongly imply that sometime in the future, they will be canon. That's what I think, at least, and I couldn't be even happier than I am now!

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!

i hope ur right base on al the dialogue they left here... maybe the rumor about this is Ash last journey is true? He's goal to build up a league in alola , and Serena went there
they married and happy ending xD

but anyway since the director for sun and moon is different, im kinda scared that Serena might not have a cameo later on

matthew11

8000 MMR
So I just woke up... and I can't fully take in what was going on here...

But yeah, I guess you can say we just won. And I just saw your translation AshSerena, and it was great. Apparently, no direct confession, but a kiss (on the cheek or on the lips) makes up for it, maybe even more than that. But pretty vague, actually.

And what I liked about this is the fact that, yes Satoshi didn't blush himself, but he did get flustered when Serena kissed him (all that glimmering eyes). What I don't like about it is, well, Satoshi didn't give any parting words, just a cool guy's "Yeah", maybe because he didn't fully understand what Serena was trying to convey. On the side note, I'm laughing really hard from Citron's, Eureka's, and Pikachu's reactions.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I know Serena clearly loves Ash and claiming that he's her goal now. But could be she kisses Ash in the mouth actually happening? If so, then I'm very pleased. I haven't seen it in years since Pokemon 2000 and Pokemon Heroes movies.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Well, it looks like we got what we desired. Quite a happy way to go out... For now. In time, we'll what the writers and execs have planned for us, but if this is the end, I can say that I was satisfied.

I know Serena clearly loves Ash and claiming that he's her goal now. But could be she kisses Ash in the mouth actually happening? If so, then I'm very pleased. I haven't seen it in years since Pokemon 2000 and Pokemon Heroes movies.

It was definently a kiss on the lips

AshSerena

It was definently a kiss on the lips

probably thats why they did not show it, i mean they show latias kissing Ash on the cheek before
also Bonnie's VA tweeted about saying something like Serena?!! Where!?! where!?!
i think she means WHERE DID SERENA KISSED ASH ON? xD

btw so do you guys still believe that Serena will return in future or this is the really ending for amourshipping.... i dont know but i feel its not completed yet

Red Pheonix

Oh yeah, did you guys notice this, when Serena could confessed, Clemont and Bonnie nodded and seemed like they knew what was going on. Now Bonnie is obvious but Clemont? I wonder if Serena told something to Clemont or somehow Clemont got to know Serena's crush on Ash.

It was most certainly a kiss on the lips I'd say. A peck on the cheek is not something new even for Pokemon, let alone other anime. That's why I am so willing to call it canon. Sure, arguably it is vague in the sense the narrator didn't say, "And this is how Ash and Serena became a couple". If this isn't good enough evidence, I don't know what is. Every aspect of Ash's reaction showed that he liked it. But anyway. Each to one's own.

btw so do you guys still believe that Serena will return in future or this is the really ending for amourshipping.... i dont know but i feel its not completed yet

Maybe. I don't know. But frankly, I'd like one extra scene. A time-skip showing them married. Then I'm done. We may or may not get it. That's up in the air. We need to see what Sun and Moon is gonna be. If it seems that it is a prequel, then we might as well forget every reference to Serena for S&M at least. But I'm satisfied.

Miggersby97

I am simply at a loss of words. SHE ACTUALLY ******* DID IT. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD! I KNEW THE WRITERS WOULDN'T LET US DOWN!!! THIS MADE THOSE THREE YEARS TOTALLY WORTH IT.
This moment will go down in Pokémon history. This is the moment when the status quo was truly broken. They literally finally had Ash get kissed ON THE LIPS(most likely) by a close female companion. And they executed it greatly. Serena finally had the guts to kiss him. I don't care if we don't know how Ash feels, as long as he finally understands. I am so happy. All my disappointment from the League has been wiped clean. I will forever have the utmost respect for the writers for doing the unthinkable. I am at peace.

AMOURSHIPPING IS CANON

CDVEN

Average Trainer
probably thats why they did not show it, i mean they show latias kissing Ash on the cheek before
also Bonnie's VA tweeted about saying something like Serena?!! Where!?! where!?!
i think she means WHERE DID SERENA KISSED ASH ON? xD

I still believe!

Besides, Serena explicitly said to Ash that he's her goal right? You translated that! So it means that she's not done with him yet.
That kiss, for me was not the end, but rather, a new beginning. Ash's reaction from the kiss was that he seemed to like it, which was not how he reacted when he was kissed by Bianca/Latias and Melody. I guess we can say that Ash's hormones is starting to kick in.

I am simply at a loss of words. SHE ACTUALLY ******* DID IT. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD! I KNEW THE WRITERS WOULDN'T LET US DOWN!!! THIS MADE THOSE THREE YEARS TOTALLY WORTH IT.
This moment will go down in Pokémon history. This is the moment when the status quo was truly broken. They literally finally had Ash get kissed ON THE LIPS(most likely) by a close female companion. And they executed it greatly. Serena finally had the guts to kiss him. I don't care if we don't know how Ash feels, as long as he finally understands. I am so happy. All my disappointment from the League has been wiped clean. I will forever have the utmost respect for the writers for doing the unthinkable. I am at peace.

AMOURSHIPPING IS CANON
I wouldn't say it's canon but close to canon like a few millimeters. But hey, it's better than a generic goodbye.

Oh yeah, did you guys notice this, when Serena could confessed, Clemont and Bonnie nodded and seemed like they knew what was going on. Now Bonnie is obvious but Clemont? I wonder if Serena told something to Clemont or somehow Clemont got to know Serena's crush on Ash.

I think Clemont somehow had an idea during the #ShaunaKnows moment since he's literally next to Serena at that time.

But now, let's all celebrate as #AshKnows for the meantime....

Last edited:

AshSerena

I still believe!

Besides, Serena explicitly said to Ash that he's her goal right? You translated that! So it means that she's not done with him yet.
That kiss, for me was not the end, but rather, a new beginning. Ash's reaction from the kiss was that he seemed to like it, which was not how he reacted when he was kissed by Bianca/Latias and Melody. I guess we can say that Ash's hormones is starting to kick in.

what im worried is Pokemon usually used some good words like this from prev series , like promise to meet again etc etc but it did not happen anyway
but still Serena words here is something else... what i really like is when she said Ash is her goal.. what she mean about this?

You know how Ash did promise to his past friend but it did not happeeeeeennn anyway..

Last edited: