• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Amourshipping has been always in my heart since Serena's entry into the Pokemon Anime. There has been quite a lot of buid up on Serena's crush and admiration for Ash. Serena has always been inspired by Ash's never give up attitude. Ash played an important part in her motivation after she was devastated after her first showcase loss. Even if Ash's denseness was a fact, it could've worked out between them if Serena travelled longer with Ash. I always felt that Ash and Serena were a match made in heaven. Though I was elated to see Serena kiss Ash in today's episode, her subsequent parting with Ash left me devastated. I always believe myself that Ash should've won the Kalos League and the Champions League and then settled down with Serena, thus ending his story on a high and SM having a new protagonist. I don't think I will ever get over Serena's parting ways with Ash.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
it was a very cute moment, but imo the chances of her return are pretty slim due to the new designs for ash, tr, etc. while it would be cool and very welcome, i don't think they would go to the trouble of redesigning her and giving her new clothes just for a cameo.

it was a very cute moment, but imo the chances of her return are pretty slim due to the new designs for ash, tr, etc. while it would be cool and very welcome, i don't think they would go to the trouble of redesigning her and giving her new clothes just for a cameo.

Your not remembering how popular Serena is...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

That didn't stop Dawn from returning in BW when Ash had a redesign especially with the eyes; the redesign won't prevent her from coming back.

Anyways I wonder if the kiss will be brought up if she does return.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
That didn't stop Dawn from returning in BW when Ash had a redesign especially with the eyes; the redesign won't prevent her from coming back.

Anyways I wonder if the kiss will be brought up if she does return.

dawn had the same eyes she did in dp. she was actually the first character in the show to have the new sugimori style eyes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Why, just why are the writers so cruel? They themselves created a perfect match, and then they made them part ways with each other.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I love this! Look at all of the people crawling out of the woodwork to celebrate with us!

I hate to say it, but to everyone here: Remember this day. This is the very highest point for AmourShipping. It has been an honor to be here with everyone through our first generation, through our golden age. Long live this day, in all of our hearts.

Why, just why are the writers so cruel? They themselves created a perfect match, and then they made them part ways with each other.

I would like to think they joined paths. Not parted :) Serena made it explicit enough that whatever she does, her end goal is Ash. And that pretty much means they are on intertwined paths

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would like to think they joined paths. Not parted :) Serena made it explicit enough that whatever she does, her end goal is Ash. And that pretty much means they are on intertwined paths

Since Serena's goal is Ash, she should've continued to travel with Ash or the writers should've ended his story in XY on a high by making him achieve his goal here and having him settle down with Serena.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
CLASS S, CLASS S, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Right in its seemingly darkest hour, the ship has sailed! The unstoppable force collided with the immovable object and lived to tell about it!

So I watched the episode just now. And wow. It was probably the best farewell episode ever. Every thing was on point. Of course, my bias may be involved in this owing to a certain event of interest for us. xD

There's one good point to note here, there was never any mention of Alola. Every other end episode spoke of the next region, and every other saga showcased at least one Pokemon from the next generation. None of that was done. But that's something else.

As for AmourShipping, I think we can safely call it canon. Yes some say semi canon, some say ambiguous. But there is more than enough certainty regarding the kiss, when frankly, there was no evidence of it- be it a kiss on the cheek or the lips. It wasn't shown. We are content with making the safest assumption there. So I will make the safest assumption here. AmourShipping is canon in my eyes.

As for Serena calling Ash her goal, it means she sees living a life with him as her goal. She told Palermo that she likes making people happy. Today, she made it more specific. She likes making people; and more specifically Ash happy. It's evident that by calling him her goal, she means that she intends to marry him at one point and live a life with him.

Ash's silence and facial expression; or in other words, circumstantial evidence, points to him accepting her feelings. It is made as clear as daylight actually. So yes. In short, we are done.

However, I feel rather bad, seeing the end of XY. It was the best saga in my eyes, and the traveling companions were so good. More importantly, Serena was a character I really liked. And to see her go, well. It does pinch, even if AmourShipping was made canon.

I don't think they hinted at the BW series...

Neatolzy

Hi everyone!! Can we contact the writers to ask them if the kiss was on lips?? WE HAVE TO DO THAT, pleaseeeeeeee...

Looking at the contextual clues, I would put it as extremely likely (99:1) that she kissed him on the lips. While they could have panned down to create mystery, since they have shown kisses on the cheek before, I see this as more of a tribute to older fans who will realize what happened while still providing something kids can watch under their current rating. Anyways, over or under 15 new pages today?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Well, if that is indeed the case and they don't just randomly forget about her, something tells me that we'll see her again. I don't know when, I don't know where, I don't know why, and I don't know how long, but it will happen again.

I feel like we should take a moment to talk about the reaction to this episode in other communities. Let's see here. PokeShipping? Umm... Let's skip this one. I actually can't find any activity anywhere. Nothing on SPPf, BMGf, and I don't know of any designated forums. AdvanceShipping? Plenty of jokes about shutting down the Advancers, and a few comments about making the next series a harem anime. PearlShippers? I'll take a quote straight out of the Vault for this one. "Full damage control." NegaiShippers? "Lol we still have a community?"

SoarStaraptor

Oh yeah, did anybody catch Bonnie winking at Serena when the group was waving bye to her after the kiss? #BonnieAlwaysKnew !!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So, with Serena's departure from the anime, I want to take this moment to remind everyone of the closing lyrics of what I consider to be the most under-discussed AmourShipping song, Tweedia.

Thank you for being by my side
Just because of that, I can become stronger, always
I'm not alone because you are here no matter when
Since I've already met you in this world

AshSerena

Oh yeah, did anybody catch Bonnie winking at Serena when the group was waving bye to her after the kiss? #BonnieAlwaysKnew !!

hahaha i actually miss that because of the kiss till someone mention it on twitter, man i love Bonnie's reaction..
she's like *You did it Serena!* man im gonna miss this gang.... why it should ended in just 3years! it too waste..

crimson_echidna

So given the writers typical stance towards romance, I think the way this episode ended kind of showed the Amourshipping is about as close to canon as any ship related to Ash is going to get.

Red Pheonix

Okay now that XYZ has ended(the special doesn't count), I have two questions for everyone-

How much did you enjoy Amourshipping?

What will you do now?

As for the first question, if it weren't obvious, I really enjoyed Amourshipping. A large part of it comes from that I find Amourshipping relatable. More specifically, I used to know a girl similiar to Serena who liked me the same way that Serena liked Ash. Her personality was also similiar to Serena. So, well..........that's how I had the energy to come this thread every single day. Because of this, it felt to me as if I could feel every emotion Serena was going through. That's why I enjoyed every single Amourshipping moment very extensively. The TV scene, the childhood scene, the river scene, the infamous date episode(which I liked a lot btw), the half million Miette tease and tomato/shy Serena, the dance and cosplay, the fistbump, the second "date" and finally the elusive kiss. Every moment is wonderful. Every one of them.

Another part of the shipping experience was coming to this thread. Seeing from becoming dead to a thriving community, speculating, hoping, arguing, theorizing, making friends, goofing around, making elaborate jokes, writing quick fics........it's been one hell of a ride. The other part of what made Amour for me was the huge uncertainty attached with it thanks for the sole reason of being Pokemon, a show infamous for sticking with it's "status quo". That made all the time here more exciting and the episodes and the weeks between them more tenseful. Now, all that is gone and we have finally arrived at a satisfying conclusion.

As for what I will do, I'll definitely stick around here, although I won't be as active. As I said before, I really enjoyed this ship and enjoy being a part of this community. I feel like poking around here from time to time just to see how's the love for Amourshipping is going. I might pick up one of the SM shippings just for fun but I'll keep my OTP Amour. I'll also put more time into my other hobbies, gaming and programming again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, are people twitting positive tweets at the writers? Considering Amourshippers went full on flame mode in the dance episode, they should be saying something like "thank you" or "neat" to the writers.

Last edited: