• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Okay now that XYZ has ended(the special doesn't count), I have two questions for everyone-

How much did you enjoy Amourshipping?

What will you do now?

I love Amour, and I will continue to love it. No question about it.

I'm going to be sticking around here, as well as admining the SS Amour forum. I'm still an Advancer too, and I'll be around there as well. I hope we remain at least decently active.

Until the side story episodes!

Okay now that XYZ has ended(the special doesn't count), I have two questions for everyone-

What will you do now?

As for the first question, if it weren't obvious, I really enjoyed Amourshipping. A large part of it comes from that I find Amourshipping relatable. More specifically, I used to know a girl similiar to Serena who liked me the same way that Serena liked Ash. Her personality was also similiar to Serena. So, well..........that's how I had the energy to come this thread every single day. Because of this, it felt to me as if I could feel every emotion Serena was going through. That's why I enjoyed every single Amourshipping moment very extensively. The TV scene, the childhood scene, the river scene, the infamous date episode(which I liked a lot btw), the half million Miette tease and tomato/shy Serena, the dance and cosplay, the fistbump, the second "date" and finally the elusive kiss. Every moment is wonderful. Every one of them.

Another part of the shipping experience was coming to this thread. Seeing from becoming dead to a thriving community, speculating, hoping, arguing, theorizing, making friends, goofing around, making elaborate jokes, writing quick fics........it's been one hell of a ride. The other part of what made Amour for me was the huge uncertainty attached with it thanks for the sole reason of being Pokemon, a show infamous for sticking with it's "status quo". That made all the time here more exciting and the episodes and the weeks between them more tenseful. Now, all that is gone and we have finally arrived at a satisfying conclusion.

As for what I will do, I'll definitely stick around here, although I won't be as active. As I said before, I really enjoyed this ship and enjoy being a part of this community. I feel like poking around here from time to time just to see how's the love for Amourshipping is going. I might pick up one of the SM shippings just for fun but I'll keep my OTP Amour. I'll also put more time into my other hobbies, gaming and programming again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, are people twitting positive tweets at the writers? Considering Amourshippers went full on flame mode in the dance episode, they should be saying something like "thank you" or "neat" to the writers.

Took the words right out of my mouth Phoenix, I really enjoyed AmourShipping and I really enjoyed this thread.

I'll be here, hopefully you guys will be as well. It's a good thing my work allows me to be in Serebii as well. I'll really miss how much we talked and discussed and hopefully one day when Serena does come back we can talk and discuss once more :)

Meowth Rocket

So I was preparing for disappointment today, but now I'm wearing a stupid grin on my face from the kiss. I'm so glad Serena finally took the initiative and kissed Ash, but I'm worried that the writers think this is enough to placate everybody and we won't see her again. Also, Ash might be too dense that he'd think kissing is just something girls do when they say goodbye. I was expecting Serena to leave, but now I can barely stand watching the show without her now and I'd kill to see a flash forward where we see Ash and Serena end up together. I don't want Serena's promise to become more attractive to Ash(I thought that was the translation) end up being another forgotten promise that the show gave us which ended up going to waste.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

What will you do now?
I enjoyed Amourshipping and loved it with all my heart. Now that Serena has parted ways with Ash and Ash hasn't won the Kalos League despite all his maturity and competence, I've lost 90℅ of my interest in the Pokemon Anime.

Miggersby97

I know it's a bit too soon to be asking this, but if Serena DOES return in the SM saga, how do you guys think they'll execute it?
If they do, I hope that Ash talks to Serena privately to talk to her about what happened before she left, and that throughout the time that she's with Ash, he'll start realizing what he feels for her. Maybe we'll get another kiss (hopefully not offscreen this time XD)
But no matter what, I'm satisfied with what went down today. I've never felt more proud to be an Amourshipper than I am right now.

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

What will you do now?

As for the first question, if it weren't obvious, I really enjoyed Amourshipping. A large part of it comes from that I find Amourshipping relatable. More specifically, I used to know a girl similiar to Serena who liked me the same way that Serena liked Ash. Her personality was also similiar to Serena. So, well..........that's how I had the energy to come this thread every single day. Because of this, it felt to me as if I could feel every emotion Serena was going through. That's why I enjoyed every single Amourshipping moment very extensively. The TV scene, the childhood scene, the river scene, the infamous date episode(which I liked a lot btw), the half million Miette tease and tomato/shy Serena, the dance and cosplay, the fistbump, the second "date" and finally the elusive kiss. Every moment is wonderful. Every one of them.

Another part of the shipping experience was coming to this thread. Seeing from becoming dead to a thriving community, speculating, hoping, arguing, theorizing, making friends, goofing around, making elaborate jokes, writing quick fics........it's been one hell of a ride. The other part of what made Amour for me was the huge uncertainty attached with it thanks for the sole reason of being Pokemon, a show infamous for sticking with it's "status quo". That made all the time here more exciting and the episodes and the weeks between them more tenseful. Now, all that is gone and we have finally arrived at a satisfying conclusion.

As for what I will do, I'll definitely stick around here, although I won't be as active. As I said before, I really enjoyed this ship and enjoy being a part of this community. I feel like poking around here from time to time just to see how's the love for Amourshipping is going. I might pick up one of the SM shippings just for fun but I'll keep my OTP Amour. I'll also put more time into my other hobbies, gaming and programming again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, are people twitting positive tweets at the writers? Considering Amourshippers went full on flame mode in the dance episode, they should be saying something like "thank you" or "neat" to the writers.

The experience has been fun, I'll give it that. The negativity from no AmourShipping hints on this board every week was overwhelming but we survived with some positive reinforcement. I like this ship the most even with the subtle hints and the disappointing dance episode (yes, I was expecting more from it) it was a fun ride. My regret was that I lurked too much on this board and had no interaction with other people in it.
Now there might not be much more to talk about hints such as how Serena should confess to Ash but there will be more stuff to talk about Serena returning or what to expect if she does. There's also fanfiction too.

After this, I'll be keeping an eye on this board to see what's going on. If there's nothing happening I'll still be here, lurking in the shadows like always. I don't think there's any need for me to provide hints related to AmourShipping anymore. That's because of the KISS SCENE!!! That's all we ever wanted. I'm still happy with the outcome!!

Some other person here mentioned that we should tweet the writers to see whether Serena kissed Ash on the lips or cheeks. We should do that to provide closure to this but in my opinion, Serena definitely kissed Ash on the lips. Why? because it was censored out for us like everyone else has said before.

IT WAS A FUN RIDE GUYS!!! LETS HOPE FOR MORE ON THIS BOARD IN THE FUTURE!!!

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm too am proud to be an Amourshipper. The last episode of XY Saga has its enchantments. Finally after all of these years of pokemon, Ash finally get kissed by a girl, Serena, in the main series. (shed in tears of happiness). Now for the question I've asked earlier...

What would all of Ash's friends (excluding Clemont and Bonnie who already witnessed it) such as Brock, Misty, Tracey, Todd, May, Max, Dawn, Cilan,and Iris have to say about Ash's first real kiss with Serena?

Please respond. I'm dying to know about their reaction to Ash's first real kiss with a girl in Serena. In my opinion, Misty would blow her tops after she finds out about this knowing her fiery temper. You can including Miette to the scene if you want to. She's quite an amourshipper herself even though she flirts with Ash at times.

AshSerena

The experience has been fun, I'll give it that. The negativity from no AmourShipping hints on this board every week was overwhelming but we survived with some positive reinforcement. I like this ship the most even with the subtle hints and the disappointing dance episode (yes, I was expecting more from it) it was a fun ride. My regret was that I lurked too much on this board and had no interaction with other people in it.
Now there might not be much more to talk about hints such as how Serena should confess to Ash but there will be more stuff to talk about Serena returning or what to expect if she does. There's also fanfiction too.

After this, I'll be keeping an eye on this board to see what's going on. If there's nothing happening I'll still be here, lurking in the shadows like always. I don't think there's any need for me to provide hints related to AmourShipping anymore. That's because of the KISS SCENE!!! That's all we ever wanted. I'm still happy with the outcome!!

Some other person here mentioned that we should tweet the writers to see whether Serena kissed Ash on the lips or cheeks. We should do that to provide closure to this but in my opinion, Serena definitely kissed Ash on the lips. Why? because it was censored out for us like everyone else has said before.

IT WAS A FUN RIDE GUYS!!! LETS HOPE FOR MORE ON THIS BOARD IN THE FUTURE!!!

nah dont do it, i think we should dont bother the writers after giving that scene for us
we should just celebrate that in all Pokegirls, its only Serena who has courage to do that and it proves that even last episode, it show that she still feelings for Ash
altho i hate how Ash did not said anything , he just said farewell Serena on last scene...

now the question still remain, they did that scene... if Serena returning in S&M ... i dont know how it work out there(She probably shy and Ash keep asking about why she kiss him lol)
anyway i hope we see her again in future! you guys dont know how much i keep searching some evidence or watching youtuber about her going in SM and i cant still find the legit one..

3vr1m

OH MY F**** GOD !! I just watched the episode and fell almost of my chair. I came back from university, moody and stuff, didnt wanted to talk to anyone (you know when you get home at 5 pm and your brain hurts). Then I remebered the epsiode and was like "nah they wont do crap (as I said I was very moody ^^)" but then I couldnt stop smilling and laughing at the same time. This moment brightend my HOLE F*** Day so much, I still cant belive it. I was never actually so much into the anime until xy and did always ship the current pokegirl with ash (you know as a kid, except Negai because I didnt cared much about BW) but with Serena and Amour everything changed. I cant remember when the last time was that I was so happy about a canon ship (probably with the last airbender)

We got a (kind of) Confession ! "Satoshi, you are my goal" Is Pretty much a confession for me. But then they beat THAT ! She really kissed him... Wow, just.. I cant belive it.. Im sooo happy right know..

Cant wait for that Serena cameo in alola

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

OH MY F**** GOD !! I just watched the episode and fell almost of my chair. I came back from university, moody and stuff, didnt wanted to talk to anyone (you know when you get home at 5 pm and your brain hurts). Then I remebered the epsiode and was like "nah they wont do crap (as I said I was very moody ^^)" but then I couldnt stop smilling and laughing at the same time. This moment brightend my HOLE F*** Day so much, I still cant belive it. I was never actually so much into the anime until xy and did always ship the current pokegirl with ash (you know as a kid, except Negai because I didnt cared much about BW) but with Serena and Amour everything changed. I cant remember when the last time was that I was so happy about a canon ship (probably with the last airbender)

We got a (kind of) Confession ! "Satoshi, you are my goal" Is Pretty much a confession for me. But then they beat THAT ! She really kissed him... Wow, just.. I cant belive it.. Im sooo happy right know..

I have a confession to make. I actually jumped from my chair when I watched the kiss.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I work as a lawyer and do not have much time to share my thoughts with you, like when we populated pearlshipping threads and had our hopes in the hand of PK0082's spoilers, but I do read you almost everyday. Silently, but I do it. Today is a historical day. I am to busy to worry about that kind of thing, but I cannot pretend I am not happy with this moments. It really happened.

That's actually pretty cool, and it's nice to see that the anime still has impact on the older generation of viewers. :)

What will you do now?

1. 11/10 would recommend, but have to admit that it was a roller coaster until the end.

2. Wait until a new episode.

---
I love how this thread exploded, kinda like the old thread. Hello people I've never seen before! :)

Last edited:

DeepSeaDragon

Wow. I was absolutely not expecting that. It was almost certainly a kiss on the lips. As others have pointed out, they've shown cheek-kisses several times before. Amourshippers can definitely take this as a victory. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The only thing is what happens moving forward. While I can appreciate giving the subplot proper attention, will this be the extent of it? I'll wait for subs and the dub to go further. For now, I'm satisfied with the ending. Serena is a great character, she took that scary leap and put her feelings out there. Let's just hope that wasn't the end of this story. It certainly doesn't have to be, even assuming they want to largely ignore continuity in SM.

3vr1m

By the way, did anyone noticed that Ash blushed too a bit after the kiss ? I mean when the hole gang blushed I think Ash did too a bit, but it was hard to see because of his light brown skin and the blushing beeing red. But I think it could just be the video quality. BUT IN MY HEAD HE BLUSHED OK !? :p

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Let us face the reality: This moning: Page 90. Now 97. New members/returning members to the ship: +-50. This was the greatest explosion of this thread since Amour V1. It's actually funny that only a few remained positive all this time. All the others just came back because of, today. The bad thing actually I think they won't show her in Alola because that would change everything. It just doesn't fit it because it's a comedy. I rather see her back in Gen 8 where Ash finally wins a league or so and stops his career for Serena. Although I'm not sure if Ash is still a brick because he's more confused than anything else.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Wow. I was absolutely not expecting that. It was almost certainly a kiss on the lips. As others have pointed out, they've shown cheek-kisses several times before. Amourshippers can definitely take this as a victory. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The only thing is what happens moving forward. While I can appreciate giving the subplot proper attention, will this be the extent of it? I'll wait for subs and the dub to go further. For now, I'm satisfied with the ending. Serena is a great character, she took that scary leap and put her feelings out there. Let's just hope that wasn't the end of this story. It certainly doesn't have to be, even assuming they want to largely ignore continuity in SM.

It's heavily implied for the lip kissing. So... I take it Amour has kinda taken the cake and shrekted the entire shipping community?

Now, as for the future of Amour, I really dunno how S/M is gonna play out. I'm starting to think that it's more of a prequel or something, because I don't see Ash suddenly forgetting everything he's learned and going full derp mode.

By the way, did anyone noticed that Ash blushed too a bit after the kiss ? I mean when the hole gang blushed I think Ash did too a bit, but it was hard to see because of his light brown skin and the blushing beeing red. But I think it could just be the video quality. BUT IN MY HEAD HE BLUSHED OK !? :p

I don't think it was a blush, but more of a "glittery eyes"/"what just happened" type of reaction. Judging from his reaction, I think that he doesn't fully understand what happened, but he knows, without a doubt, that he's one-of-a-kind to Serena, because I'm sure that even he understands that kisses aren't prevalent in everyday life.

Perhaps he did blush, who knows. Might just be bad lighting or something, but we know for sure that everyone was shocked, and because of that, the lip kiss is heavily reinforced.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
It's been one hell of a ride, hasn't it? I can't say it wasn't a bittersweet moment, since ultimately I wanted to see them in a canon relationship but I think we can agree Amour has gone above and beyond any expectations any reasonable human could have had pre X/Y.

Come back soon, Serena. :')

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Let us face the reality: This moning: Page 90. Now 97. New members/returning members to the ship: +-50. This was the greatest explosion of this thread since Amour V1. It's actually funny that only a few remained positive all this time. All the others just came back because of, today. The bad thing actually I think they won't show her in Alola because that would change everything. It just doesn't fit it because it's a comedy. I rather see her back in Gen 8 where Ash finally wins a league or so and stops his career for Serena. Although I'm not sure if Ash is still a brick because he's more confused than anything else.

Well, for me, it's mostly because I've been swamped with classwork, but I can say that I was keeping up some form of hope for the past couple of weeks. :)

1. Explosions are generally good, and this is a good explosion, given the context. :D

2. I'm starting to think that Alola is just a prequel or an alternate universe, where Ash is a noob and nothing in the aired series has ever happened (except Pikachu).

3. He's just a log who understands feelings, and is probably going to respond to them feelings by telling her how he feels. One day.