• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

CDVEN

Average Trainer
No problem. Yeah, she said she'd become a charming young woman.

Her goals are pretty crystal clear now.

1.) To make people smile
2.) To become Ash's waifu

Seriously I still can't get over from that kiss. I'm surprised that the writers were able to go that far.

Serena has already made her mark on her man that would hopefully last forever. I love that confident look she had when she arrived in Hoenn like she's saying to herself along the lines of 'Time to conquer contests and after that, make Ash my husband the next time we meet!'. One thing for sure that their reunion would be quite awkward for Ash because of that kiss while Serena remains cheery as fck or possibly kiss him again since she's now brave enough to do it in front of other people.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Her goals are pretty crystal clear now.

1.) To make people smile
2.) To become Ash's waifu

Seriously I still can't get over from that kiss. I'm surprised that the writers were able to go that far.

Serena has already made her mark on her man that would hopefully last forever. I love that confident look she had when she arrived in Hoenn like she's saying to herself along the lines of 'Time to conquer contests and after that, make Ash my husband the next time we meet!'. One thing for sure that their reunion would be quite awkward for Ash because of that kiss while Serena remains cheery as fck or possibly kiss him again since she's now brave enough to do it in front of other people.

I'm starting to remember all those times I made those chains with everyone..........

As for the Ash reaction, idk, I thought it was unusual that Ash reacted to Serena brining her face close to him. As if he knew what was going to happen but couldn't believe it.

Grephlosion

I'm starting to remember all those times I made those chains with everyone..........

As for the Ash reaction, idk, I thought it was unusual that Ash reacted to Serena brining her face close to him. As if he knew what was going to happen but couldn't believe it.

To be completely honest and to interject reality with the Pokemon anime, sometimes people (especially younger people, inexperienced with feelings of affection) put up a front around someone who likes them. Even if the feelings are mutual. It's like they don't know how to show the affection back. I was that way to a lot of girls in grade school through high school. Even some times now. Ash may reciprocate these feelings more than someone would think going off the surface level of what we see with Ash.

I remember one time a girl told me I was hot, and I acted like I didn't hear her. I was just a shy teenager. What was I supposed to do? This really goes on in life. Not being sure to know how to reach when warm affection is being given to you.

Ashjon07

Never give up until the end!
I came here with some bags to collect salts ready for shipment but goddammit, I didn't expect that I'd get sugar and honey instead. :p

Anyhow, decent closure for the whole season (still salty about the league though....oh look, I still have some salts left to ship :p). As for the canon thing, yeah the kiss is canon and all but I would still argue about the ship itself. I mean, there's more things this shipping needs before it approaches its final destination.

volcanionmaster123

I might have to watch this episode again cause I still can't believe what I just saw with my own eyes lol. Either I'm tripping, or Pokémon just grew some balls

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I might have to watch this episode again cause I still can't believe what I just saw with my own eyes lol. Either I'm tripping, or Pokémon just grew some balls

It's the writers throwing Amourshippers and XY fans a bone after months worth of baiting and trolling
For the frist time in XY's hsitory they had mercy

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
The future is now, thanks to romance!
Amourtic gear on!
I thought we'd encounter a situation precisely like this one!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow colour me impressed regarding Serena kissing Ash. I was always hoping that this would happen in XYZ's finale as a way to strengthen the ship, but I was slowly losing faith in it occurring. I'm glad that things turned out so great tho. I don't know if the kiss implies that Amourshipping will become canon on both sides one day, but I think that it showed how the writing staff still has a chance of changing the status quo of the anime, which is a good sign for Ash and Serena's future. :3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
269 new posts today, and still counting. That's what I call going out with a bang!

There is one thing about the scene that I absolutely hate, if I'm being honest. Think about what Serena is saying to him. "You are my goal", "I will become a more attractive woman for you." As much as I hate to say it, it honestly sounds to me like Serena is saying to him "I'm not good enough for you."

Red Pheonix

It's the writers throwing Amourshippers and XY fans a bone after months worth of baiting and trolling

It wouldn't make sense to troll in the final episode, you know?

I got two-thirds of what I came for in XY. I got the shipping, I got the elaborate villain arc but didn't get the league win.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
269 new posts today, and still counting. That's what I call going out with a bang!

There is one thing about the scene that I absolutely hate, if I'm being honest. Think about what Serena is saying to him. "You are my goal", "I will become a more attractive woman for you." As much as I hate to say it, it honestly sounds to me like Serena is saying to him "I'm not good enough for you."

Isn't that a good scene for Amourshipping though? Saying she's going to get better for him?
I mean sure, from a character perspective it's certainly raised eyebrows (considering it felt like backtracking on her character to me at least), but I imagine that should Serena ever return to the anime, she'll have improved on herself to get Ash to notice her more.

Hey, come on, let the Amourshippers have their day :) I'm not fully convinced that Amourshipping will set sail (since to me, it's unclear about Ash's feelings, also low key AshxLillie shipper RN) but engines are rolling at least and Amourshippers should be happy for doing what most other AshShips never do.

Last edited:

DatsRight

The future is now, thanks to romance!
Amourtic gear on!
I thought we'd encounter a situation precisely like this one!

Careful though, Serena technically hasn't done a full Pokegirl tenure just yet.

That Amourtic gear can still explode in your face, especially with the 'harem' Sun/Moon coming up.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

I don't think it's like that at all; I think she's saying she'll become more attractive and make him fall in love with her. It's not that she's not good enough, she just wants to become more beautiful and change the way he sees her.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Careful though, Serena technically hasn't done a full Pokegirl tenure just yet.

That Amourtic gear can still explode in your face, especially with the 'harem' Sun/Moon coming up.
Crap, you're right. But this isn't Clemont so hopefully no need to worry. We won't let his destructive powers get any wear near this stuff. Especially because he has no idea how to handle romance.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As much as I hate to say it, it honestly sounds to me like Serena is saying to him "I'm not good enough for you."

Hmmm I can see why you'd come to that conclusion, but my interpretation was more like Serena acknowledges her own flaws and will work on improving herself before pursuing Ash's love. Ash is flawed too, which is why whenever I pictured him and Serena ending up as a couple, I imagined them being older and more mature.

DatsRight

Granted the thought of Serena's tenure ending for real and her becoming another non entity after bonding so much with Ash is just a heartbreaking thought.

After all Misty was intended to be Ash's love interest originally, mainly by the same team of writers in fact.

johnermon

Memelord
im practically goinng to break into tears because of the finale. on one hand it was more then i could have ever asked for, but man. seeing her go down the escalator was really sad. it doesnt help that this could be the last substantial amourshipping hint ever.

Last edited: