• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
At the end of the episode they showed the flashbacks of each character right ? so the fact that ash remembered so many shipping moments, like the river scene, ribbon scene or the snowball scene, shows that he did enjoyed their time together too. And maybe that he does feel something about her. I mean she just kissed him and he remembers all the nice moments they have. Isnt that a hint as well ? just my thoughts after rewatching it. Man I still cant belive it^^

Yeah, I've noticed most of his flashbacks involved Serena.

Granted, most of his interactions with Clemont were used on his flashback already and there were any memorable moment between Ash and Bonnie, but it's still very meaningful considering what just happened.

One thing we see from episode 45 is that Ash understands Serena in a way he didn't understand Misty or May (can't speak for the others as I haven't seen those seasons yet). So while he may have been surprised by the confession and kiss (and even Ash has to know what being kissed on the lips means-he has seen movies and tv shows in his life), I think his reaction means he reciprocates Serena's feelings.

Ash and Dawn had a great partnership and I'd say both understand each other very well. Whether it's romantic or not, it's up for the viewer.

Also, I wouldn't say Ash reciprocates Serena but I'd say he finally realized her feelings for him. And you can see that her kiss finally broke his dense shell. Maybe that's a sign he'll see her in a new light when they finally meet again.

Red Pheonix

Also, I wouldn't say Ash reciprocates Serena but I'd say he finally realized her feelings for him. And you can see that her kiss finally broke his dense shell. Maybe that's a sign he'll see her in a new light when they finally meet again.

If that's the case, he definitely did not friendzone Serena. Otherwise he would have a different reaction to that kiss. So he's considering Serena as an option?

sunofdarkchild

Ash and Dawn had a great partnership and I'd say both understand each other very well. Whether it's romantic or not, it's up for the viewer.

Was he able to tell that something was bothering her even though she was smiling at the time, and then give her good advice? It would be one thing if Serena had turned to him for advice, but that he did all that on his own is shocking for someone as dense as Ash normally is.

Red Pheonix

I noticed this now thanks to a random comment in youtube. Ash actually steps aside to take Serena's kiss. He put one of his foot in the side. He also actually let Serena kiss rather than moving away out of disgust or something. That would mean he enjoyed Serena's kiss. And that's a miracle considering Ash is denser than a blackhole.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I am just glad that we got that scene. There is nothing more to say about it. A finale is the most important thing in a story for me. It can ruin everything for me. And this one scene saved it for me.

xyzash

Unbeatable
i still keep thinking what this all words means from the episode? i cant find the answer yet!

1:Serena saying Ash is her goal
2:Till they meet again, she will become more and more attractive woman
3: and that ending.. they did not use the usually "New Beginning" or something but ended with "And to our own way"

I'll try my best to answer these questions, though I think it might be based of interpretations I have found to be present in other anime.

1) I think while that line might directly translate to that, it's more meant in a way that Ash is Serena's idol, and she hopes to catch up to him one day. It can also be taken as the fact that Ash is a very dense guy, and this was Serena's way of confession, by mentioning Ash as her goal.

2) Again this may be from the fact she wants her confession to be as simple as possible for Ash to understand, or it can be taken as Serena wanting to be a better woman in general.

3) This one's a bit difficult, but this is my personal belief on the topic. First of all, it symbolises that the gang has their own path or 'way' to take. But that's the case with every season, isn't it.
The fact is this episode is not only a diverging road for the characters, but the staff as well. The Character Designers for XY animated major events of this episode, and we all know they are not present in SM. Tetsuo Yajima, the series director for XY is not in SM.
Finally Tomioka, after 20 years of Pokemon will no longer be in charge of this series. I think this is the reason " And to our own way " was used.

Cetra

It doesn't really matter what she said right before. We already knew she was in love with him and that kiss was the cherry on top. She got the courage to do it and that is what counts.

Red Pheonix

I'll try my best to answer these questions, though I think it might be based of interpretations I have found to be present in other anime.

1) I think while that line might directly translate to that, it's more meant in a way that Ash is Serena's idol, and she hopes to catch up to him one day. It can also be taken as the fact that Ash is a very dense guy, and this was Serena's way of confession, by mentioning Ash as her goal.

2) Again this may be from the fact she wants her confession to be as simple as possible for Ash to understand, or it can be taken as Serena wanting to be a better woman in general.

3) This one's a bit difficult, but this is my personal belief on the topic. First of all, it symbolises that the gang has their own path or 'way' to take. But that's the case with every season, isn't it.
The fact is this episode is not only a diverging road for the characters, but the staff as well. The Character Designers for XY animated major events of this episode, and we all know they are not present in SM. Tetsuo Yajima, the series director for XY is not in SM.
Finally Tomioka, after 20 years of Pokemon will no longer be in charge of this series. I think this is the reason " And to our own way " was used.

You must take into account the second statement when considering the first. She said that she wants to become more pretty that would mean when she said Ash was her goal she meant the romantic way.

You know, the thing about some people saying that Ash's reaction was not satisfactory. And that his reaction was more of "meh" than anything else, that's not right. I mean when someone kisses you, there are two possible reactions. Revulsion, or the reaction of Ash. What did you expect then? He'd jump in joy? He'd run after her? His reaction was a mature and balanced one. And I say it again. The amount of suggestion makes it practically canon. What remains to be seen is if Serena makes a return. Either in a time skip or otherwise. But probably not in Alola

Cetra

You must take into account the second statement when considering the first. She said that she wants to become more pretty that would mean when she said Ash was her goal she meant the romantic way.

You are taking it too literally though. It does not necessarily need to mean that. And even if it doesn't, trust me, it does not change anything about how she feels for him and that she kissed him as a sign.

Red Pheonix

You know, the thing about some people saying that Ash's reaction was not satisfactory. And that his reaction was more of "meh" than anything else, that's not right. I mean when someone kisses you, there are two possible reactions. Revulsion, or the reaction of Ash. What did you expect then? He'd jump in joy? He'd run after her? His reaction was a mature and balanced one. And I say it again. The amount of suggestion makes it practically canon. What remains to be seen is if Serena makes a return. Either in a time skip or otherwise. But probably not in Alola

Although I would say it's semi-canon/implied canon rather than full canon. But yeah, saying that Ash is unchanged after that kiss is missing some stuff. Notably, why did Ash and took that kiss? He could have take away his face or something.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Although I would say it's semi-canon/implied canon rather than full canon. But yeah, saying that Ash is unchanged after that kiss is missing some stuff. Notably, why did Ash and took that kiss? He could have take away his face or something.

He did say practically...

Satoshi's perspective of what happened is inarguable. Staying with the facts; at most, from his reaction after the kiss (glimmering eyes), you can say he appreciates it without evidence of change (default meaning). You can't say outright he developed feelings for her, or the pair being canon, because there is no proof of such. You can say things with his glimmering eyes, but those come out subjectively.

The thing is, I'm arguing with myself whether or not Satoshi has realized Serena has feelings for him, even after the kiss. Until he explicitly say he just did, I'm gonna rack my brain. But that doesn't changed the fact that Serena confessed through action, not word, and as they say; action speaks louder than words but not loud enough to break Satoshi's density. That's more than enough to conclude this pairing.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Fufufu, what you guys do not realise is that you are all focusing on Serena's moment and not on Ash.
Did you notice that Ash had accepted Serena's proposal with enthusiasm?

Serena: "Ash, you are my goal!"
***Ash is shocked***
Serena: "When we meet again, I will become a much more attractive girl"
Ash :"Yes!"
***Ash clenches his fist***

This shows that Ash understood the situation. He knew the circumstance and accepted it without ease.
Not only that but when Ash got kissed, he looked shocked. He then felt happier and waved even more. Most people would looked shocked and then shrugged it off with a smile so I'm pretty sure Ash knows what's going on.

Now that Serena gave her first kiss to Ash. Ash needs to take responsibility for making her feel that way. Which means future dates to come in the near future that we'll never get to see...

Red Pheonix

@mathew11, That's the mystery. We know he's oblivious. But by your own words, he "appreciated" it. This changes things quite a bit. You don't appreciate a kiss unless well.......you had something inside you. And yet again, he is oblivious. How did he have something inside him? Sub-conscious feelings?

Personally, I like to think he started to have some feelings though not fully developed. Like he gets it but doesn't get it.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
@mathew11, That's the mystery. We know he's oblivious. But by your own words, he "appreciated" it. This changes things quite a bit. You don't appreciate a kiss unless well.......you had something inside you. And yet again, he is oblivious. How did he have something inside him? Sub-conscious feelings?

Personally, I like to think he started to have some feelings though not fully developed. Like he gets it but doesn't get it.

The drabble I wrote on page 100 demonstrates that quite well.

Red Pheonix

Oh yeah, speaking of celebration, Polygon reported Ash getting a kiss. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or it's a slow news day or said reporter is also an Amourshipper.

Satoshi's perspective of what happened is inarguable. Staying with the facts; at most, from his reaction after the kiss (glimmering eyes), you can say he appreciates it without evidence of change (default meaning). You can't say outright he developed feelings for her, or the pair being canon, because there is no proof of such. You can say things with his glimmering eyes, but those come out subjectively.

The thing is, I'm arguing with myself whether or not Satoshi has realized Serena has feelings for him, even after the kiss. Until he explicitly say he just did, I'm gonna rack my brain. But that doesn't changed the fact that Serena confessed through action, not word, and as they say; action speaks louder than words but not loud enough to break Satoshi's density. That's more than enough to conclude this pairing.

Make peace with yourself. Accept it is canon :p Hahahahah.

So I saw this post...

Fufufu, what you guys do not realise is that you are all focusing on Serena's moment and not on Ash.
Did you notice that Ash had accepted Serena's proposal with enthusiasm?

Serena: "Ash, you are my goal!"
***Ash is shocked***
Serena: "When we meet again, I will become a much more attractive girl"
Ash :"Yes!"
***Ash clenches his fist***

This shows that Ash understood the situation. He knew the circumstance and accepted it without ease.
Not only that but when Ash got kissed, he looked shocked. He then felt happier and waved even more. Most people would looked shocked and then shrugged it off with a smile so I'm pretty sure Ash knows what's going on.

Now that Serena gave her first kiss to Ash. Ash needs to take responsibility for making her feel that way. Which means future dates to come in the near future that we'll never get to see...

And I think, yeah. We have all been too focused on the kiss, we forgot to see what happened before it. When Serena said those lines and Ash replied positively, he knew exactly what was going on. Now he's not that dense that he wouldn't understand when she made it blatantly clear to him that he is her goal/dream. He knew, and accepted it. And stepped forward to see her go down the escalator. The kiss came after that, to which the reaction was not negative, hence positive. As I mentioned before, there are only two possible reactions to a kiss. Either you hate it and move away in disgust, or you stand and take it calmly like a champ.

He didn't go away disgusted. In fact, he leaned to it. So I'm content with thinking he does have feelings for her.

3vr1m

Also, when serena went first down the escalator, ash stepped forward. Do you think that ment something ? like he wanted to se a last glimpse of her before she leaves for a while.

Edit: yeah like pokesrini said, i think the fact that he stepped towards her is also sign of attraction

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
You don't appreciate a kiss unless well.......you had something inside you. And yet again, he is oblivious. How did he have something inside him? Sub-conscious feelings?

I beg to differ. In a general context, you appreciate anything given to you unless you don't want it.

Satoshi developing feelings is beyond mere speculation. But thinking that he does develop feelings, taking his sparkling eyes after the kiss as primary evidence, doesn't stretch beyond.

Make peace with yourself. Accept it is canon :p Hahahahah.

Then there's going to be no fun if I did lol :p

Red Pheonix

I beg to differ. In a general context, you appreciate anything given to you unless you don't want it.

Satoshi developing feelings is beyond mere speculation. But thinking that he does develop feelings, taking his sparkling eyes after the kiss as primary evidence, doesn't stretch beyond.

Then there's going to be no fun if I did lol :p

I see. But consider this. Ash is a ten year old kid who has no interest in girls. Definitely doesn't understand the significance of a kiss. How did he appreciate something he has no proper understanding of?

Also consider this. Usually, he clutches his fist or laughs off or something after something happens. Yet He's dumbfounded after that kiss. What's going on?

Ash having feelings or not, I'm starting to seriously thimk he's not as oblivious as we thought.