• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Red Pheonix

Has anyone noticed that during the flashback montage, all the main amour moments (The cosplay episode; The date episode, The fight episode, estc) Were on Ash's flashbacks, rather than Serena's?

This ship is so two-sided now

Wait, Serena had a flashback? Did I miss something?

Another thing I realized. Ash actually noticed that Serena liked him in a different way all this time but he couldn't completely grasp it. Remember all the "Huh?" response from Ash? In the river scene, #Shaunsknows and the night talk? He noted that Serena's response was strange and brushed it off as a "friendly" thing. Even more evidence that Ash is not so oblivious.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Has anyone noticed that during the flashback montage, all the main amour moments (The cosplay episode; The date episode, The fight episode, estc) Were on Ash's flashbacks, rather than Serena's?

This ship is so two-sided now

It's not official 2 sided, but maybe Ash realizes what he did for her and what she did for her and realized 'So she loved me all this time?' I think our Ashy boi is aware of her love but he doesn't know if he feels the same way to, because he never experienced it. Maybe he feels something good inside, which made him smile after the kiss.

BTW watch that scene again and keep looking at Bonnie, it's funny in the end xD. #MissionAcomplished

RionoCean

TheWatcher
Nice to meet you all, Amourshipper. Well, you could say that I am new here and it's my first post considering how long I have been watching this thread since V2.

That elevator scene really makes me satisfied no matter how many times I watched it and I didn't expect that. Back to the topic, I wonder what Ash gonna reply if Bonnie asking innocently like 'Hey, Ash! Did you like Serena, too?'

matthew11

8000 MMR
No, he doesn't mean he doesn't understand Serena's feelings. He doesn't understand his own feelings.

It's true he's not as oblivious as we knew. But in this case, saying he doesn't understand his own feelings doesn't add up to the result. If he really doesn't, it would be similar to being confused, which he didn't display obviously.

AshSerena

Can we please talk about the Baby's Breath Flowers at the very end? In flower language they mean, well, everlasting love.

im more interested about if Serena is really the pokegirl who will get married to Ash when the writers decided to end Ash journey, i mean they cant continue this forever
plus Ash's VA is getting old (sorry if im sound rude rika-san~) she is 47 now if im correct

plus the writers leave promises on Ash and Serena farewell scene, i wonder if they really have plan to return her back later on with "more and more attractive woman" that we never seen before :p

MysticKnives

I just realized that Serena kissed Ash before she even gave him a hug. Unless that accidental one from back when they were kids counts as one :p

I've heard weirder things, like Goku never kissing Chichi. There will be hugs for Serena and Ash if Serena returns later on.

Red Pheonix

It's true he's not as oblivious as we knew. But in this case, saying he doesn't understand his own feelings doesn't add up to the result. If he really doesn't, it would be similar to being confused, which he didn't display obviously.

By not understanding his feelings, I meant that he's feeling something new. Since it's new, he doesn't completely understand it.

matthew11

8000 MMR
By not understanding his feelings, I meant that he's feeling something new. Since it's new, he doesn't completely understand it.

That's plausible.

For me, all the actions leading up to this point doesn't add up to only one result. Those glimmering eyes can mean several things. I'd say, it was just mere surprise because of the following sigh. Saying he developed feelings is another thing.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
Wait, Serena had a flashback? Did I miss something?

Another thing I realized. Ash actually noticed that Serena liked him in a different way all this time but he couldn't completely grasp it. Remember all the "Huh?" response from Ash? In the river scene, #Shaunsknows and the night talk? He noted that Serena's response was strange and brushed it off as a "friendly" thing. Even more evidence that Ash is not so oblivious.

not new material, flashbacks to previous chapters from serena, clemont, bonnie, and ash looking back, and all the amour scenes where in Ash's compilation, that's what i ment

Red Pheonix

That's plausible.

For me, all the actions leading up to this point doesn't add up to only one result. Those glimmering eyes can mean several things. I'd say, it was just mere surprise because of the following sigh. Saying he developed feelings is another thing.

Said feelings can be anything. I didn't say "love" for a reason. Also I was referring also to the dumbfounded reaction as well as the glimmering eyes.

Although I disagree with the glimmering eyes being mere surprise. People don't cry or nearly cry when they are surprised as far as I know. If we're being neutral, perhaps something else.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I can't believe I forgot to do this.

So, I was browsing my post through the old threads and I found an image of Ash giving Serena the ribbon. The camera placement is THE EXACT SAME as the one used in the kiss. This, my friends, is priming.
Also, something else.

[IMG139]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll174/Sp1derp1g/Amour.gif[/IMG139]​

Link73

I've heard weirder things, like Goku never kissing Chichi. There will be hugs for Serena and Ash if Serena returns later on.

I was going to address that... I remember a scene during the Cell/Androids saga: when Goku finally got better from his heart disease at Kame House, he holds Chichi/Milk (his wife) and kiss her on a scene that was cut to their feet (and drew a bloody-nose-surprise by Roshi Master/Kame Sennin).

The Serena Kiss Scene make me reminiscent of that very scene, and is one of the reasons I'm sure her kiss to Ash was on the lips.
-----
On a personal note, I found it very powerful when Serena says "Ash: You're my goal": because she learned that it takes a lot of determination and upbeat attitude like his Pallet Town Ashy Boy to start unknown ventures; on Ash's case, save his beloved Pokémon off a building or a volcano and on Serena's one, gather up courage to confess her feelings before going to unknown waters on her own for her first time.

Taking his League performance jokes aside, I assume Serena said that to make a stand on the fact that it takes to be like Ash to succeed on Performance (and sentimental) grounds.

Even though I am an recent Amourshipper, I must confess I enjoyed the ride a lot (besides it reconnected me with the Anime after I gave up of it when Harrison defeated Ash on Johto)... I'm not sure if I will watch SM, but I will try to contribute to Amour with fanfics or something... Thanks everyone for your thoughts, speculation and even the low expectations.

Red Pheonix

I was going to address that... I remember a scene during the Cell/Androids saga: when Goku finally got better from his heart disease at Kame House, he holds Chichi/Milk (his wife) and kiss her on a scene that was cut to their feet (and drew a bloody-nose-surprise by Roshi Master/Kame Sennin).

The Serena Kiss Scene make me reminiscent of that very scene, and is one of the reasons I'm sure her kiss to Ash was on the lips.
-----
On a personal note, I found it very powerful when Serena says "Ash: You're my goal": because she learned that it takes a lot of determination and upbeat attitude like his Pallet Town Ashy Boy to start unknown ventures; on Ash's case, save his beloved Pokémon off a building or a volcano and on Serena's one, gather up courage to confess her feelings before going to unknown waters on her own for her first time.

Taking his League performance jokes aside, I assume Serena said that to make a stand on the fact that it takes to be like Ash to succeed on Performance (and sentimental) grounds.

Even though I am an recent Amourshipper, I must confess I enjoyed the ride a lot (besides it reconnected me with the Anime after I gave up of it when Harrison defeated Ash on Johto)... I'm not sure if I will watch SM, but I will try to contribute to Amour with fanfics or something... Thanks everyone for your thoughts, speculation and even the low expectations.

So Serena, inspired by Ash's boldness, approaches Ash's density by boldness?

Low expectations? Did people forgot the high hopes part? Oh well, the motto took a retirement. Since now everything is over.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
So Serena, inspired by Ash's boldness, approaches Ash's density by boldness?

Low expectations? Did people forgot the high hopes part? Oh well, the motto took a retirement. Since now everything is over.
I like how in other animes, girls struggle to tell their feelings to their crush while Serena just straight up told him (although subtle) and even kissed him like a boss. XD.
I guess we could say that she wrecked his density. Serena has really gone bold in these last episodes.

I guess Ash doesn't have to worry about proposing to her to get married in the future. She'll just straight up say 'yes' the moment Ash shows her the ring before even saying the words.

Red Pheonix

I like how in other animes, girls struggle to tell their feelings to their crush while Serena just straight up told him (although subtle) and even kissed him like a boss. XD.
I guess we could say that she wrecked his density. Serena has really gone bold in these last episodes.

I guess Ash doesn't have to worry about proposing to her to get married in the future. She'll just straight up say 'yes' the moment Ash shows her the ring before even saying the words.

Kissing is one thing, kissing on front of all of your friends though..........at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Ashy boy started admiring and taking inspiration from Serena. Roles switched?

No, no, she'll appear right in front of him when Ashy boy go buy the ring.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper

well, considering they almost died quite recently in the flare arc (really, if it wasn't for puni-chan, they'd be dead) well... i guess i'd get a bit bolder too

As i see it, when yo have a speculatory detail, it's really just that, but when you've got a heap of em, and every detail points in the same direction, well, you've got something in your hands. After reading this thread lately i'm pretty confident, since we've got enough stuff, raging from flower language to, camera angles, to ash's arrival, etc we could write an enciclopedia on speculation

#Amourisreal
#Amour4alola

Romeo&May

I was quite disappointed with Ash's reaction to Serena's kiss,he just shrugged it off as if he meant to say 'I am still not ready for love'.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I was quite disappointed with Ash's reaction to Serena's kiss,he just shrugged it off as if he meant to say 'I am still not ready for love'.

You call that disappointed? The shines in his eyes, the happy face after. Yes maybe he isn't ready for love but when he is, he knows who he can look for. Imagine you're a boy of 10 and you travel around a region with some friends. At the end of the journey you decide to go another path but just if you wanna leave, a 'friend' kisses you. I don't think you will be like 'Yeeees', you would be more like confused and surprized at the same time. And considering Ash is that dense boy he kinda looked cracked up a little bit. So... I don't know what you think is disappointing about that. Did you expect like a confession from Ash or what? :p