• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Feraleaguehater

Ik this kinda isn't about shipping, but can someone tell me where the Alola is a prequel is coming from? People be claiming that Satoshi's VA said something like that, but I got no idea myself. If this is true, then I think it's kinda obvious that Satosere won't be a thing in Alola at all

I don't where it is coming from myself, but i think the majority of us would be fine with Serena not appearing if it was a prequel. It's just that it being a prequel seems rather unlikely. It would mean no Kalos pokémon could appear in Alola and for some weird reason only Alolan pokémon weren't featured in Kalos. Also Ash wasn't supposed to know about fairy types but there's clearly a bunch of fairy types in Alola... The only thing that the prequel theory has going for it is that Ash didn't meet or mention any of his older pokémon, so that could suggest he had left the pokémon he caught in Alola back at Oak's ranch. That being said, i have some hope that Sun and Moon could take place in an alternative universe. But even if it's a continuation with an higher standalonish feel to it that one of continuity, one still hopes Serena will appear sooner or later.

Now rewatching the episode, I know why I assumed Ash's flashback wasn't Ash's flashback. There was a scene in where Serena and Bonnie were sleeping in their tents and Serena was making a caterpie(for the lack of better words) impression. I don't think Ash was around to see this.

Unless, Ash was secretly a stalker and secretly watched Serena sleep at night...................

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Also, during Serena's "flashback" we heard Ash saying "Serena is strong", something she didn't actually hear him say. Perhaps rather than flashbacks, those were three AMV's produced by the staff.

Red Pheonix

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Also, during Serena's "flashback" we heard Ash saying "Serena is strong", something she didn't actually hear him say. Perhaps rather than flashbacks, those were three AMV's produced by the staff.

I believe Ash said that after Serena's first showcase. Regardless, if we take the flashbacks seriously, there's some..........unpleasant implications.

I can't wait for the post-kiss fanfics to come. It's gonna be fun reading people's intrepation of how Ash took the kiss.

Amphicoelias

Stargazing dinosaur
I live again!!!!! I posted back in the v1 days, maybe even v2 days before being more inactive but nonetheless lurking (due to passwords being forgotten here and on the resetting email address but the story isn't for here or not.)

Anyway, it was quite nice to see Serena being rather bold and making a move on Ash. I was really just expecting her to continue on down the escalator but was surprised and rather happy when she turned around. Clemont's reaction is just priceless and it's the reactions of the others that firmly put it to me that she kissed Ash on the lips.

There is one thing that caught my attention and it might not be all that much; but when she tells Ash that he is her goal (Especially this part.) and right after she kisses him and he has the shimmer in his eyes. Is it just me or does he have that same stare as he did when Serena wore her Fennekin costume? I'll leave that for everyone to take as they will. But my own take is that the "blank" stare was actually more than "blank" in that case and Ash was having some kind of thoughts about Serena and I think it was that he liked what happened.

As for the reactions of surprise from him, I guess that it is possible that Ash was really surprised that Serena had just kissed him and he was caught off guard since he may not have been expecting it. Personally, I think it's possible that shimmer in his eye and how he smiled afterwards was because he felt good about it. If he didn't like it and felt the opposite, I'd imagine he wouldn't smile afterwards or seem as enthusiastic as he did.

Thank you to Dephender and AshSerena for the translations and information; as well as everyone else who contributed in some way to the thread. It'd be a long list otherwise.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

I live again!!!!! I posted back in the v1 days, maybe even v2 days before being more inactive but nonetheless lurking (due to passwords being forgotten here and on the resetting email address but the story isn't for here or not.)

Anyway, it was quite nice to see Serena being rather bold and making a move on Ash. I was really just expecting her to continue on down the escalator but was surprised and rather happy when she turned around. Clemont's reaction is just priceless and it's the reactions of the others that firmly put it to me that she kissed Ash on the lips.

There is one thing that caught my attention and it might not be all that much; but when she tells Ash that he is her goal (Especially this part.) and right after she kisses him and he has the shimmer in his eyes. Is it just me or does he have that same stare as he did when Serena wore her Fennekin costume? I'll leave that for everyone to take as they will. But my own take is that the "blank" stare was actually more than "blank" in that case and Ash was having some kind of thoughts about Serena and I think it was that he liked what happened.

As for the reactions of surprise from him, I guess that it is possible that Ash was really surprised that Serena had just kissed him and he was caught off guard since he may not have been expecting it. Personally, I think it's possible that shimmer in his eye and how he smiled afterwards was because he felt good about it. If he didn't like it and felt the opposite, I'd imagine he wouldn't smile afterwards or seem as enthusiastic as he did.

Thank you to Dephender and AshSerena for the translations and information; as well as everyone else who contributed in some way to the thread. It'd be a long list otherwise.

You are correct. Not only the fennekin costume, I think he also did the blank stare right before Serena snowball'ed him.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
she's the only person in the entire series who has history with Ash (besides his mom but that doesn't count).

Gary exists, buddy.

Also, what's the difference between screenplay and storyboard?[/B]

Screenplay is the actual writting for an episode while the storyboard it's the story with imagery (aka it's the story told via drawings just so animators know how the story will flow).

Hope that helps.

However, am I the only one who saw the elevator temporarily halting when Serena leaned for the kiss? Could that mean… #ElevatorKnows?

Thank you! I laughed so much with this haha

Seems like even machines are supporting Serena :p

He mentioned that to the staff and to the audience, so for the staff, it could be for gratitude while for fans, it could be relating to amourshipping. I mean, if it was only for the staff, why would he also hide a message for the audience? But then of course, it's also a gratitude for the loyal viewers or it could really mean something for the shipping.

But why couldn't it be gratitude for the fans as well? I mean, after all, it's been, what? 3 years with 140 episodes + 6 specials (4 mega evo and the 2 upcoming ones) + 3 movies + 2 shorts. It was a long time so it's possibly a "thank you" for us sticking with them for so long.

im more interested about if Serena is really the pokegirl who will get married to Ash when the writers decided to end Ash journey, i mean they cant continue this forever
plus Ash's VA is getting old (sorry if im sound rude rika-san~) she is 47 now if im correct

plus the writers leave promises on Ash and Serena farewell scene, i wonder if they really have plan to return her back later on with "more and more attractive woman" that we never seen before :p

The anime has gotten to the point where, should Rika ever be unavaliable, they'll just cast someone else to play Ash.

I like how in other animes, girls struggle to tell their feelings to their crush while Serena just straight up told him (although subtle) and even kissed him like a boss. XD.
I guess we could say that she wrecked his density. Serena has really gone bold in these last episodes.

I'd say it's a great slap to the idol industry where the girls should remain "pure" and have no love interests.

I mean, the showcases did paralel the whole idol things, didn't they?

Red Pheonix

I'd say it's a great slap to the idol industry where the girls should remain "pure" and have no love interests.

I remember zeldafan128 bringing this up months ago. I'm glad that they didn't do something stupid like introducing a crush and later abondoning it by saying, "I'm a Performer! I can't date!" logic. My god, that would be stupid.

I wonder when people watched the shy Serena came to meet Ashy boy did ever wonder she would just kissed him in front of her friends when she leaves him? Speaks a lot of how much Serena and this ship came.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Ik this kinda isn't about shipping, but can someone tell me where the Alola is a prequel is coming from? People be claiming that Satoshi's VA said something like that, but I got no idea myself. If this is true, then I think it's kinda obvious that Satosere won't be a thing in Alola at all

It's wishful thinking more than anything else.

Link73

I remember zeldafan128 bringing this up months ago. I'm glad that they didn't do something stupid like introducing a crush and later abondoning it by saying, "I'm a Performer! I can't date!" logic. My god, that would be stupid.

I wonder when people watched the shy Serena came to meet Ashy boy did ever wonder she would just kissed him in front of her friends when she leaves him? Speaks a lot of how much Serena and this ship came.

On Amour, I expected at the very beggining a Misty-style farewell, to be honest; as I watched more chapters, some indirect confession, maybe in a letter or something... I reckon I have not expected anything like what actually happened.

Feraleaguehater

Gary exists, buddy.I'd say it's a great slap to the idol industry where the girls should remain "pure" and have no love interests.

This is a really good observation. At some point i thought the biggest threat to amourshipping was the way japanese culture perceives its own idols. Whereas Serena kissing Ash was expected(writers letdowns aside) because of her love for him and her character growth, it was unexpected because of the whole pure idols thing.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Granted, Serena made the choice to leave the idols industry when she rejected Palermo's offer to train for showcases. She still wanted to perform in some way, so she ended up participating in Pokemon contests, but there's nothing in contests that even implies you can't have a romantic partner. Even if Ash won't be by her side in Hoenn, she chose her own life interests over her career. Not quite family interests, but the point still stands.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Here's a little scenario I dug up from the old threads:

One day, Ash asked Serena something: "How do you kiss a girl?". You are Serena, how are you going to respond!?

I prefer it like this:

One day, Ash and the gang encounter, by chance, a couple and they kiss in front of the group. Ash notices and starts to wonder: How do you kiss a girl? He asks the people closest to him.

I've had better scenarios.

sunofdarkchild

It's great to go back and see all those little things I missed the first time around, like Ash's eyes glimmering and his foot moving during the kiss.

Like I said when defending XY Ash against charges that he is bland compared to Sun and Moon Ash, the little details matter so much more than the over-the-top movements and expressions.

I think of Ash and Serena as teenagers, not 10 year olds. I watched Season 1 and the first 2 movies when they came out, and I've since seen the Johto and Hoen anime. Especially now I feel that Ash has gotten older along with me, and he's ready to be in a romantic relationship.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Granted, Serena made the choice to leave the idols industry when she rejected Palermo's offer to train for showcases. She still wanted to perform in some way, so she ended up participating in Pokemon contests, but there's nothing in contests that even implies you can't have a romantic partner. Even if Ash won't be by her side in Hoenn, she chose her own life interests over her career. Not quite family interests, but the point still stands.

You know, this explanation made me remember of Miho Azuki from Bakuman who's had a very similar struggle, even if both works are unrelated.

Miho wanted to be a voice actress, yet she wanted to do it without taking short-cuts just as doing "sexy photos".

And the final arc kinda does social commentary on the idol industry: when her relationship with Mashiro, the main character, is revealed it kinda becomes a scandal to the point Mashiro gets death threats (!) just for being Miho's boyfriend.

So, yeah, if Serena were an idol, kissing a boy and making her romantic interest for him very clear would be a scandal that could screw her character.

All in all, this makes Serena decision be even more bolder.

siopaulo

Member when everyone was freaking out because Serena was looking up and blushing at Ash in the XY poster before the anime even came out? I member!

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Member when everyone was freaking out because Serena was looking up and blushing at Ash in the XY poster before the anime even came out? I member!

I think there was a mini explosion on this thread when that particular preview came out. Well, it didn't disappoint us, right? :)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
It's so much fun browsing through V1 and even V2, thinking about the future of Amour, guessing how it would end.

Do you remember when the thread would explode 10 pages a day because some small detail popped up? Those were good times, but then again, those were also the times in which I didn't have to worry about midterms and finals lurking around in the corner of my eye...

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Guys I might be breaking some hopes but about the tweet of the flowers and eternal love, they said a secret hint. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ-1elq_N8
It's the first special of XYZ, and it's probably about the 2 persons getting together in the end. I think that's the secret message they wanted to send, that it goes about the next episode.
Maybe I'm just overthinking, but I don't see other possibilities.