• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Guys I might be breaking some hopes but about the tweet of the flowers and eternal love, they said a secret hint. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ-1elq_N8
It's the first special of XYZ, and it's probably about the 2 persons getting together in the end. I think that's the secret message they wanted to send, that it goes about the next episode.
Maybe I'm just overthinking, but I don't see other possibilities.

Is that... Bonnie?! I think the Special might be a 1-3 year transition or something. Between that time, Serena could probably be finished with Hoenn, and decides to look for Ash or something. On a side-note: the people depicted are probably ancient figures or something, judging from their usage of togas. Perhaps they're mirroring what could happen between Ash and Serena?

Navin

MALDREAD
Hmmm...no offense, but your objective view seems rather biased to me. To be fair, if we look objectively at his reaction to the kiss we have no idea what he thought of it,

Contradiction much?

And just to be clear, I'm all for a mutual ending, except I'd have preferred an actual conversation rather than something that might just be fake hype if her character is never referenced again.

though i'd argue the glistering of his eyes means his heart was racing for a moment or the kiss had an emotional impact on him that surpasses surprise.

Common sense buddy. There was no way that scene was going to be animated without some type of reaction from him (glistening eyes).

It comes down to interpretation. People here say it's reciprocity.

A neutral observer would say glistening eyes = surprise/flattery, and the positive response = him being nice about it + typical chemicals going off in his brain.

The crush is one sided? The officiality of the crush(love) only being on Serena's side, yeah. But if they just announced Ash reciprocates her feelings it wouldn't be something all that surprising. His awareness of those feelings at this stage is what would shock me. And as someone who watched every episode of this series, i fail to see how the hints and interactions between them were one sided. He didn't blush or anything of the sort(well, actually there's that one reaction to seeing Serena in the fennekin costume), but he played a huge role on Serena's dream, gave her a present unprovoked, put her needs and requests before his multiple times specially in XYZ, understood Serena's doubts and gave her the confidence to move forward(XYZ045), acknowleged how much she helped him... Just saying.

You nailed it in the second sentence. The rest is interpretation, which is fine, but not official.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Is that... Bonnie?! I think the Special might be a 1-3 year transition or something. Between that time, Serena could probably be finished with Hoenn, and decides to look for Ash or something. On a side-note: the people depicted are probably ancient figures or something, judging from their usage of togas. Perhaps they're mirroring what could happen between Ash and Serena?

I don't think it is Bonnie but like a parallel version of her. And yes there is a chance it is parallel to the XYZ gang, but it is still part of the XYZ series so I don't think it's them.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Do you remember when the thread would explode 10 pages a day because some small detail popped up? Those were good times, but then again, those were also the times in which I didn't have to worry about midterms and finals lurking around in the corner of my eye...

Are we seriously going to go into nostalgia mode, now that Amour is canon?
Nope, not me. I'll keep writing...

And we still have 2 episodes left... I'm rather curious towards them...

volcanionmaster123

I think people here have different definitions of "canon". If you consider canon as showing definitive physical affection, then yes, the ship is undoubtedly canon. If you consider it as the two legit getting in a relationship... that remains to be seen. No one knows, the sparkling eyes (from Satoshi) could mean anything. I personally think he at least felt something, yet I'm not so sure, but I think they'll wait to address that in the future if Serena's character is ever referenced again, which is possible

Knowing the history of Pokemon, I definitely knew that the writers were gonna tease and bait about the pairing right until the end when this series first started cause at the end of the day, it's a kids show. I fully expected just an "emotional" goodbye between those two akin to the Misty farewell. So yes, the kiss shocked and broke my former Pokeshipping heart (lol), but I don't mind other shippings as long as they're done right. Yes, they shouldn't have baited so much, but that's their choice I guess. I'm more happy that they actually grew a set of balls for once and didn't bait us for the first time in the XY series

siopaulo

Can I see it, please?

Unfortunately i wasn't around then. Can you show me the poster you're talking about?

http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20130915_smash_xyanimeposter2.jpg

It was posted on the very first page of the first amourshipping thread, so I guess you could call it the first hint we ever got since it came before the anime. I think back then everyone went crazy for the promotional posters, because IIRC there was also one where Ash and Serena were on a boat holding drinks, and one where Serena was holding a heart and looking at Ash.

Feraleaguehater

Contradiction much?

And just to be clear, I'm all for a mutual ending, except I'd have preferred an actual conversation rather than something that might just be fake hype if her character is never referenced again.

Common sense buddy. There was no way that scene was going to be animated without some type of reaction from him (glistening eyes).

It comes down to interpretation. People here say it's reciprocity.

A neutral observer would say glistening eyes = surprise/flattery, and the positive response = him being nice about it + typical chemicals going off in his brain.

You nailed it in the second sentence. The rest is interpretation, which is fine, but not official.

Well, i don't see how that is a contradiction. What you described as being an objective view was an interpretation of its own. Objectively i don't see how we can describe his take on the kiss without interpreting it subjectively. You can say he was being polite, i can mention the glistening eyes and the way he enthusiastically screamed Serena at the end. We don't have much to work with to say our views are 100% confirmed unless the writers themselves tell us so. You can just say that was how you interpreted it rather than claim that's how a neutral viewer would interpret a smiling face.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, i don't see how that is a contradiction. What you described as being an objective view was an interpretation of its own. Objectively i don't see how we can describe his take on the kiss without interpreting it subjectively. You can say he was being polite, i can mention the glistening eyes and the way he enthusiastically screamed Serena at the end. We don't have much to work with to say our views are 100% confirmed unless the writers themselves tell us so. You can just say that was how you interpreted it rather than claim that's how a neutral viewer would interpret a smiling face.

By smiling, he is being plainly nice. He didn't react negatively. That's all.

You are right though. It depends on the writers bringing it up in S&M (or anytime in the future), otherwise it doesn't mean all that much if he knows but it's never brought up again.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I'm going to write my thoughts and feelings regarding Amour right now. #nofilter

Last Tuesday, I checked this thread whenever there was a new post, but didn't really read them. I didn't know the most recent hints as the fansub I followed had some problems. The last episode I saw was the end of the battle for Kalos. And I was okay with this. I knew that Serena would leave, and I didn't know how they'd address the ship. As long as they did, I was a happy man.
I've been playing this Portuguese game on Steam, called Quest of Dungeons. It's fun. And NOT OFFTOPIC.

Last Wednesday, the same thing. I had been trying to get back into writing. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

I wake up on Thursday, and I thought, "Serena left." I check my phone, see a text from a friend about Robin from HIMYM going to Comic Con Portugal, and turn on Facebook. All I see are images of Serena, blushing, going down the stairs. I knew something had happened.
I get to the PC, go on Facebook and see the GIF of the kiss. I crashed. As in: RobSp1derp1g.exe has stopped working. Error at memory address 0x4C4F5645. After a talk with my good friend Pokesrini, I managed to reboot, and wrote the little drabble on top of page 100.
Now, at this point in time, I only know that Serena kissed Ash, nothing else. But here's the twist.

At the end of every generation, we get the traditional "Next time, a new beginning!". We didn't this time. We got a mysterious "And to our own way." That, coupled with the lack of sound of that part of the clip, the only house we see lit up is Ash's, and now the secret Language of Flowers message, all of that gives me a feeling of uneasiness I find rather strange...
Oh, and now I can't play. I mean, I can, but I get the feeling I should be writing. And that's what I'm doing right now. Completing What Happens.

BlazeKnight7

So I'm kinda new to fanfics when it comes to this particular ship. Is there anywhere I can find some decently written fics? Ideally, one that covers the aftermath of XYZ47 from Ash's side but if there's some others set post XYZ those would work too but would prefer something directly covering the kiss.

Feraleaguehater

http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20130915_smash_xyanimeposter2.jpg

It was posted on the very first page of the first amourshipping thread, so I guess you could call it the first hint we ever got since it came before the anime. I think back then everyone went crazy for the promotional posters, because IIRC there was also one where Ash and Serena were on a boat holding drinks, and one where Serena was holding a heart and looking at Ash.

Looking up to Ash while blushing. Tells a lot about her character especially until she found her other goal. And so this is the first of all hints, huh? Worthy of being in a museum.

You are right though. It depends on the writers bringing it up in S&M (or anytime in the future), otherwise it doesn't mean all that much if he knows but it's never brought up again.

Yes, if Sun and Moon and future series featuring Ash are confirmed to take place post-Kalos and don't refer back to amourshipping, then an eventual AshxSerena will just be forever up in the air, unless they put him in a relationship with someone else, which i quite frankly can't see them doing.

I'm going to write my thoughts and feelings regarding Amour right now. #nofilter

Last Tuesday, I checked this thread whenever there was a new post, but didn't really read them. I didn't know the most recent hints as the fansub I followed had some problems. The last episode I saw was the end of the battle for Kalos. And I was okay with this. I knew that Serena would leave, and I didn't know how they'd address the ship. As long as they did, I was a happy man.
I've been playing this Portuguese game on Steam, called Quest of Dungeons. It's fun. And NOT OFFTOPIC.

Last Wednesday, the same thing. I had been trying to get back into writing. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

I wake up on Thursday, and I thought, "Serena left." I check my phone, see a text from a friend about Robin from HIMYM going to Comic Con Portugal, and turn on Facebook. All I see are images of Serena, blushing, going down the stairs. I knew something had happened.
I get to the PC, go on Facebook and see the GIF of the kiss. I crashed. As in: RobSp1derp1g.exe has stopped working. Error at memory address 0x4C4F5645. After a talk with my good friend Pokesrini, I managed to reboot, and wrote the little drabble on top of page 100.
Now, at this point in time, I only know that Serena kissed Ash, nothing else. But here's the twist.

At the end of every generation, we get the traditional "Next time, a new beginning!". We didn't this time. We got a mysterious "And to our own way." That, coupled with the lack of sound of that part of the clip, the only house we see lit up is Ash's, and now the secret Language of Flowers message, all of that gives me a feeling of uneasiness I find rather strange...
Oh, and now I can't play. I mean, I can, but I get the feeling I should be writing. And that's what I'm doing right now. Completing What Happens.

Nice to hear your own experience. In general we had lowered our expectations so much that a "you're my goal" + kiss was too much to swallow. That's why even though i wanted to wait until i could watch the episode subtitled i didn't think i'd be completely blown away by spoiling myself in this thread. But even after being spoiled, the first two times i watched the scene i almost cried while simultaneously feeling joy and sadness.

Those things you mentioned coupled with a complete departure when it comes to art style in Sun and Moon makes me question in which way that series is related or unrelated to XY and XY&Z. The final scene after Ash arrives in Pallet Town gives me strong teaser trailer vibes.

So I'm kinda new to fanfics when it comes to this particular ship. Is there anywhere I can find some decently written fics? Ideally, one that covers the aftermath of XYZ47 from Ash's side but if there's some others set post XYZ those would work too but would prefer something directly covering the kiss.

I'm also rather new to fanfics, but you might wanna try CDVEN's fanfic which is set postXYZ and funnily enough is compatible with the ending we got: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12158739/1/Reunited-An-Amourshipping-Story

I'm not sure if he has written amourshipping stories set post XYZ but you might also wanna check Epicocity's fanfics, which i only started reading recently. It's just a matter of browsing through the links in his signature and finding something that meets your tastes.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Member when everyone was freaking out because Serena was looking up and blushing at Ash in the XY poster before the anime even came out? I member!

What a good time to be an AmourShipper! I remember as if it were yesterday when we got our first look at our girl Serena on what used to be GetTV I believe. She was described as having known Ash in the past. That's when all the excitement began.
I remember thinking she was originally from Pallet Town and was the anime counterpart of FRLG's female player Leaf who had moved to Kalos since and had her look change to the XY protagonist's outfit. :p

This poster, along with the early flashbacks of Serena and Ash's past, really set in stone the ship's birth. Good times!

Jorgesnoopy

Now that The season is over, shall we do another top 5 amour moments/episodes list?

Me:
5. Childhood flashbacks/shy serena
4. XY59/60 with the ribbon/outfit compliment
3. XYZ 22 infatuated Ash/ultimate waifu
2. XYZ 45 better/more proper date
1. XYZ 47 THE KISS/confession

Clearly the last couple episodes have been good to us :)

Last edited:

Epicocity

I'm not sure if he has written amourshipping stories set post XYZ but you might also wanna check Epicocity's fanfics, which i only started reading recently. It's just a matter of browsing through the links in his signature and finding something that meets your tastes.

No, I've yet to write anything post-XYZ as my series is entirely set within canon but branches off with the last story from XYZ 43. I'm not entirely sure if I will write anything post that, actually, because I feel it would simply become cliche for me. Though I may write things to fill in some time gaps of mine.

To the original poster, however, if you go to the tags for Ash and Serena as characters on fanfiction.net then you'll find plenty of stories, though there's only a few set post series at the moment.

Red Pheonix

I think people here have different definitions of "canon". If you consider canon as showing definitive physical affection, then yes, the ship is undoubtedly canon. If you consider it as the two legit getting in a relationship... that remains to be seen. No one knows, the sparkling eyes (from Satoshi) could mean anything. I personally think he at least felt something, yet I'm not so sure, but I think they'll wait to address that in the future if Serena's character is ever referenced again, which is possible

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. He must've felt something, something a bit more complicated than mere surprise, to get that glistening eye. That's different from Ash having zero feelings about the kiss.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Now that The season is over, shall we do another top 5 amour moments/episodes list?

Me:
5. Childhood flashbacks/shy serena
4. XY59/60 with the ribbon/outfit compliment
3. XYZ 22 infatuated Ash/ultimate waifu
2. XYZ 45 better/more proper date
1. XYZ 47 THE KISS/confession

Clearly the last couple episodes have been good to us :)

1. The kiss
2. The kiss
3. The kiss
4. The kiss
5. The kiss

XD. But seriously these are my actual top 5.

1. XYZ47: "You are my goal" and the kiss
2. XYZ45: The 'second date'
3. XYZ28: Snowball Fight
4. XY060: Serena wearing the ribbon
5. XY007: Childhood Flashback

Honorable mentions:
XYZ22: The Iron Tail Pikachu moment, Serena cosplay
XY059: First date, ribbon
XYZ35: The blush after Ash won against Sawyer

Last edited:

Being nice can have different meanings:

1. He just playing/acting nice. He has a negative feeling about the kiss but don't want to discourage Serena thus he act nice by smiling at her.

I don't think this is the case tough, Ash pointed multiple times that Serena is strong that she can handle every bad things that come towards her. So Ash doesn't need to play/acting nice just not to discourage her.

2. He is naturally nice and always give a positive reaction whether he have positive or negative feeling, thus we can't understand his true feeling about the kiss.

I think it has a chance of being what really happened. He doesn't always give a good response tough, he reacted angrily when Serena tries to encourage him in the snow after he lost his gym battle.

3. He appreciate the kiss, that is why he smile afterwards.

I think it also has a chance of being what really happened. Just look at Ash's face after Serena said "You are my goal". He has a shocked face, not a confused face, that means he really understand what Serena means. He then smile and walk towards the elevator, if he just playing nice, he doesn't need to walk towards the elevator. Seems to me that he give a positive reaction about he being her goal, so he might have a positive feeling about the kiss, of course that is arguable, but one thing for sure, just like you said he didn't have a negative reaction.

Well, I agree that definitions of "canon" are varies. For me, personally I think amour is canon when the two are in a relationship, so I think it is not yet canon. But we can breakdown the"canon" to different parts:

1. Serena love Ash. This is of course already became canon long ago.
2. Ash love Serena. There are only ambiguous hint, so it is not canon yet, it remains to be seen whether the writer will give more direct hint.
3. Serena is a very special person for Ash. We can say that this is canon, Ash always give special treatments for Serena, I don't remember he gave that kind of special treatments for Misty and I don't really watch Advance, DP, & BW, so I can't compare it with May, Dawn, or Iris.