• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Red Pheonix

Well Ash never really learned to 'turn off' his whole upbeat motivational attitude this series.

"I'm going to come back a more attractive woman for you, Ash."
"Awesome, Serena, go for it." *fist pump*
"And then I'm going to find a way to make you my man."
"Great move, Serena. A-Okay." *thumbs up*
"...........And then I'm going to suicide bomb Hoenn."
"A cool direction to take Serena, I'm rooting for you all the way." *winks and V-signs*
*sigh* "Just shut up and kiss me..."

It is annoying it took like the last three episodes for Serena to be able to break Ash from it.

Well, Ash would understand the "better person" part rather than the "attractive woman" part. That was my suggestion.

The fact that Serena even broke Ash's density should deserve some applause. Doesn't matter if she were late.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
That's better than never I guess ? That's why our ship is one of the most popular ship of all time now.

Ash is like the funniest guy ever , I feel like he will every time answer "Yeah awesome" every time Serena says something about love.

"Ash you are my goal"
"Awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's marry"
"Yeah awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's have kids"
"Yeah , let's go Serena" *fist bump*

These kinds of dialogues remind me of Barney Stinson from HIMYM, where he can keep an entire conversation by using titles of 80's sitcoms.

What you guys are going to do in your now spare time without xyz?
What do you mean, without XYZ? I still have at least 4 episodes to watch. I want to watch them all in a row, to get a more concentrated burst of Amour.
And there's also the Specials coming this week.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
That's better than never I guess ? That's why our ship is one of the most popular ship of all time now.

Ash is like the funniest guy ever , I feel like he will every time answer "Yeah awesome" every time Serena says something about love.

"Ash you are my goal"
"Awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's marry"
"Yeah awesome , Serena" *fist bump*
"Ash , let's have kids"

Oh common, we all know he wouldn't be like that xD. Maybe SM Ash will but Ash around Serena = XYZ Ash. Actually we have talked anough that Ash is a wall, but actually every man/boy below 16 is a wall. All they care about is their fun and dream (at least that's what I remembered back when I was 10-12). Although probably if someone said 'I like you in a different way' I would totally understand that, and I think everyone else to. But if you care? No, I probably wouldn't mind. I will continue my fun but keep in mind she likes me. But later you will realize you could have done better with it...

Red Pheonix

"Ash , let's have kids"

---

I don't wanna imagine how their whole time will go with Ash's "Yeah!" and fist-bump response.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
---

I don't wanna imagine how their whole time will go with Ash's "Yeah!" and fist-bump response.

Who knows, maybe she's into that.

Someone asked what we're doing now that XYZ is over. Well, I'm waiting for the side story episodes, then SM right after that. So it's like any other week, really.

Link73

Nos that XYZ is over, I will look forward to see English and Spanish dubs to see how they will interpret all these changes (and see The Kiss on every dub YouTube and similar sites have available :p)

Red Pheonix

What can we do to keep Amourshipping fun and alive now that XYZ is over?

Amourshipping fun and alive? Well, fanfics and casual discussion are a thing.

I'm waiting when completely new people will come here and share their thoughts. The new guys will do a better job at keeping the discussion running.

Grephlosion

Amourshipping fun and alive? Well, fanfics and casual discussion are a thing.

I'm waiting when completely new people will come here and share their thoughts. The new guys will do a better job at keeping the discussion running.
I am one of those new guys. I haven't seen XYZ yet. I've seen the first 5 or so episodes of XY. I haven't watched Pokemon since the Orange League. Serena, her connection with Ash and Ash's Greninja got me interested in the anime again. So I started reading everyone's comments here a few months ago to learn more about amourshipping and the XYZ anime. I'm gonna continue watching XY (and hopefully XYZ if Netflix gets it soon) on Netflix and I'll share my amourshipping thoughts here as I go through the series for the first time

PokeMaster366

With the main part of XYZ over, I'm going to get caught up with it and then get caught up on some other anime while I watch the specials that come up. I'll probably see a few fake pics of Serena in Alola here and there and see some debates on who would travel with Ash when he has his birthday and becomes old enough to take the Island Challenge (have to be 11 to do that business). Other than that, Ill probably just play Color Splash and sit around waiting for the Sun/Moon video games. I won't be surprised if they don't talk about that moment again, but it would be nice if they did.

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
I've been rewatching all of the episodes with major Amour moments in them. It's fun being able to see it progress over the years, and I'm hopeful that the dub will do the farewell and kiss justice.

3vr1m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQdYcZRdfk This sums up pretty much what I witnessed form YouTube xD
Seeing this, Ive another question. How was your reaction during this famous scene ? Ive got to admit, when I went on YouTube that day, I got spoiled by an Thumbnail in which Serena blushed and a text said "she did it!" So I obviously didnt wanted to be spoiled more and looked away but saw something about a kiss in the title, but I thought he would be trolling or something.
Then I watched the episode and when this scene came up I was like "no way they arent going to do this ?" I couldnt belive it first and thought she didnt reached him because the escalator pulled her back but seeing the faces of the others it was clear to me, She really did it ! I was so happy afterwards, especially because my day was rough but this scene cheered me up and I went to sleep with a smile. When a Show does this, you know it has to be good.

Last edited:

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
When I went to bed the night before the episode aired I was extremely nervous about it. When I got up the next morning for class, I immediately went to Twitter to see what had happened, and one of the first things on my feed was the scene. Even though I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs in joy, it was 7:30 in the morning and my parents were asleep so I had to keep my reaction very minimal. But when I was driving to school I was laughing maniacally while having V-Volt blaring from the speakers. It was certainly a great start to my day.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Well since the main Story line ended with xyz and Sun & Moon are somewhere in the future, I would know, what you guys are going to do in your now spare time without xyz ?[/B] As for me, Im going to watch first the english dub of the major amour scenes again and then the german dub.

What do you mean by that exactly?

To answer your question, I'll be studying for midterms. :(

Feraleaguehater

Japanese savvies aware of the context, what do you think of the correct translation to what Serena said before the kiss being "You are what motivates me. When we meet again, i'll be a much more attractive/mature woman". I'm slightly indecisive between the mature and attractive because it seems quite plausible she means attractive and is flirting with him, with the winking and all. In any case, this sounds more natural to me and still a soft confession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQdYcZRdfk This sums up pretty much what I witnessed form YouTube xD
Seeing this, Ive another question. How was your reaction during this famous scene ? Ive got to admit, when I went on YouTube that day, I got spoiled by an Thumbnail in which Serena blushed and a text said "she did it!" So I obviously didnt wanted to be spoiled and looked away but saw something about a kiss in the title, but I thought he would be trolling or something.
Then I watched the episode and when this scene came up I was like "no way they arent going to do this ?" I couldnt belive it first and thought she didnt reached him because the escalator pulled her back but seeing the faces of the others it was clear to me, She really did it ! I was so happy afterwards, especially because my day was rough but this scene cheered me up and I went to sleep with a smile. When a Show does this, you know it has to be good.

Sounds like you too were pleasantly surprised. Before being just happy, the first two times i watched i almost teared up as i felt joy for the confession/kiss and sadness that Serena was leaving. When i first read the first translation of Serena's goodye to Ash i was astonished by it. Also, i really liked how they didn't show the actual kiss. I don't think they'd be prosecuted or something if they had showed a kiss on the lips and i also don't care if some people will use the fact they didn't show it to claim the kiss was on the cheek. I do like the (i'd say fake) ambiguity of the whole scene. If you think about how they could go about making Serena kiss Ash it seems like they came up with one of the most(and there weren't many) satisfying ways to me.

Lastly, can we talk about how romantic the whole scene was? Climbing the escalator, giving the quick kiss and then being taken away by the escalator. The upside down kiss scene from Spiderman has got nothing on this.

Last edited:

3vr1m

What do you mean by that exactly?

To answer your question, I'll be studying for midterms. :(

Well, english isnt my native language, so I might expressed wrongly here. What I meant was, that Sun and Moon is starting in two Weeks and that can be a pretty long time. Furthermore we still dont know if and when Serena will show up again, it could be in a Month, in April (20th anniversary) in two years or never again, we dont know.

But who knows, maybe the theory about ash beeing 11 could be true (I think you thought I was refering to that right ?)

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Seeing this, Ive another question. How was your reaction during this famous scene ? Ive got to admit, when I went on YouTube that day, I got spoiled by an Thumbnail in which Serena blushed and a text said "she did it!" So I obviously didnt wanted to be spoiled more and looked away but saw something about a kiss in the title, but I thought he would be trolling or something.

Hehe, that's exactally how my days was too. I went to Youtube after school but the first thing I accidentely saw was 'She did it!' from ou Rangerboy. I didn't want to believe and tried not to look at the thumbnail and clicked on a random video. I watched it till 10:00 and was lik: 'Oof, that was probably a troll, ther's no hype sscene, hehe.' I spoke too soon, because a minute after we heared this: Latias Airlines flight H71 is about to depart (I didn't know back then but now I know) and I was like, ohhh, Serena's gonna leave. Let's try not to cry. Okay, everything seemed normal, saying something to Clemont and to Bonnie.

But then she focused on Ash, saying stuff I didn't understand but in the background I heard that noticeable music, and at the same time Serena was winking. I thought 'is this the confession? IS this real happening? I didn't know because I didn't understand but looking at Bonnie and Clemont giggling after spoiled it kinda. Then I was like 'Okay, she confessed, Ash was not confused or surprized, but he made a fist'. The she went downwards on the escalator and thought this is our last moment with her.

Suddenly out of nowhere, she turns around and runs up the escalator (that was cute :3) and.......... MOM GET THE CAMERA, HURRY. And you know, then we got that blushing scene I saw this morning and was like 'No this is no true, this coudln't have happened. It's the unthinkable. So the title of our Rangerboy wasn't a bait, I went to that video and watched it. His reaction was so funny xD. 'I'm fanboying so hard guys I'm sorry.'

Then I went to this thread, added 8 pages?!? A miracle just happened. I comments everywhere of people from anywhere posting 'Conrgatz, Amour won!' And I still couldn't believe it. Even people who didn't support the ship said we won, I was very surprized. Looks like peoples mind changes when something big had happened.
So here we are, 3 days after and still quite active. I'm proud I was on this train, it was a fun ride with ups and downs. I will never jump ship, I'm too loyal (and I really like them being together) Ash is such a lucky boy, but he doesn't realize it himself. Most of the time boys have to fight for their girl :)

(PS: Maybe there will be a returning parody, now XYZ is over I can finally finish the story ;) )