• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
What the heck are guys doing in the Pokeshipping thread? Looked like an invasion...honestly come on people, control your emotions.

On a Amour-note, I know it's been discussed already, but I'm really interested in seeing if Ash tells his mom about what happened with Serena. Might get the obvious Ash hint I was previously talking about.
People were in the pokeshipping thread..? oml guys..

I somewhat doubt it, its possible, but I don't know... then again, last week's episode basically did a 'screw you' to all 'I highly doubt that's xD

johnermon

Memelord
i was replying to people as neutrally as possible. then others followed me and posted like 10 posts arguing about whether or not someones comment was civil or not. it was dumb.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

I somewhat doubt it, its possible, but I don't know... then again, last week's episode basically did a 'screw you' to all 'I highly doubt that's xD

Honestly, I have no clue what people were doing in there. I only went there to tell us to back out of there and avoid conflict:

Also, remember that Masuda said that Pokemon will no longer be predictable. He may be in charge of the games, but his point does still apply to all of Pokemon.

I was in there, making good conversation and respecting them

Then some person got in and kinda insulted them sadly ._.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
What the heck are guys doing in the Pokeshipping thread? Looked like an invasion...honestly come on people, control your emotions.

On a Amour-note, I know it's been discussed already, but I'm really interested in seeing if Ash tells his mom about what happened with Serena. Might get the obvious Ash hint I was previously talking about.

What the hell? Poké and Pearlshippers want war? Why? War, itself, is pointless...

Daniel, about Ash telling Delia what happened, I think I can come up with something. But right now, and for the next few days, I'll be busy with What Happens: The Final Chapter. That's not what it's gonna be called, BTW.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Honestly, I have no clue what people were doing in there. I only went there to tell us to back out of there and avoid conflict:

Also, remember that Masuda said that Pokemon will no longer be predictable. He may be in charge of the games, but his point does still apply to all of Pokemon.

Wait what? Like it was predictable already? I bet for 500$ no one knew Serena was gonna kiss Ash. Or do you actually mean something like Ash his denseness is unpredictable and stuff like that? I actually don't like the fact of thinking about that. It could mean that there will be older character returning And claim Ash or stuff like Team Rocket manages to steal some real Pokémon.

And I also tried to back off people who tried to start a war. The writers just dropped a nuke on the othershippings 3 days ago so I wouldn't be surprized that they are pissed on us.

johnermon

Memelord
But i didn't... like i said 100 times that the last thing i wanted was a shipping war. i said that i want to stimulate conversation. it seemed I was arguing with more amourshippers then pokeshippers. and yes. noone saw the kiss coming. the majority of us just thought we would get a confession, or at most a hug.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Wait what? Like it was predictable already? I bet for 500$ no one knew Serena was gonna kiss Ash. Or do you actually mean something like Ash his denseness is unpredictable and stuff like that? I actually don't like the fact of thinking about that. It could mean that there will be older character returning And claim Ash or stuff like Team Rocket manages to steal some real Pokémon.

And I also tried to back off people who tried to start a war. The writers just dropped a nuke on the othershippings 3 days ago so I wouldn't be surprized that they are pissed on us.
I think he ment that Pokémon has been predictable from OS to BW... which is true in a way. Nah, now we have a legit villain team, a wonderful thing called amour, and starting later November, yes, school. So at this point on, we can actually consider Pokémon an anime with a plot other than new region-train-league-lose-repeat.

Oh, and Ash also might as well have a girlfriend xD

Miggersby97

I hope you're right about that obvious Ash hint, but I think the only way for that to happen is if the SM saga doesn't start exactly when they arrive in Alola. From what it seems, next week's episode might just be the final XYZ episode, unless the writers surprise us with one more episode before the SM premiere. But I'm sure they would've done so by now.

Now here's a fun topic: How do you guys think an "Ash Becomes Serena" episode might have played out if the writers actually went through with it? I leave this to you, fan fiction writers! XD

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Up until XY, it was predictable. And even for some parts of XY, it maintained the predictability. Serena kissing Ash literally dropped a bomb because hardly anyone saw it coming. It literally was the anime scene seen throughout the world. It was everywhere and people who don't even watch the show anymore thought it was amazing. And then Masuda said Pokemon is no longer going to be predicative. Which it wasn't considering on top of the kiss, we found out that Red and Blue are returning to Sun and Moon and that Rowlet's final Evo is ghost typing.

Exactly, a lot of other shippers are pissed. They claim it's more because of us who support it, but we already know it is largely because this essentially hands amour the win in the shipping war (even though we were already doing well). That's why I say to not get involved. Don't start anything rash.

johnermon

Memelord
i was about to take the summay of xyz22 and replace the word ash with serena and vice versa, but i realized that i would need to change hes to her and hers to he, and it was too much work for a bad joke. instead im going to let you think about that yourself.

on an unrelated note, why is the avatar system more complicated then just uploading a photo?

Last edited:

DatsRight

Ash has already done plenty of cross dressing episodes, though I'd be interested to see how he plays Serena since he'd likely be intent on trying to be at least a little complimentive to her character.

I'd actually be more interested in the 'caring and doting over Serena while she was sick/injured' aspect of the story though. Especially if Serena was conscious enough to see it and realise how much Ash cared about her.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Up until XY, it was predictable. And even for some parts of XY, it maintained the predictability. Serena kissing Ash literally dropped a bomb because hardly anyone saw it coming. It literally was the anime scene seen throughout the world. It was everywhere and people who don't even watch the show anymore thought it was amazing. And then Masuda said Pokemon is no longer going to be predicative. Which it wasn't considering on top of the kiss, we found out that Red and Blue are returning to Sun and Moon and that Rowlet's final Evo is ghost typing.

Exactly, a lot of other shippers are pissed. They claim it's more because of us who support it, but we already know it is largely because this essentially hands amour the win in the shipping war (even though we were already doing well). That's why I say to not get involved. Don't start anything rash.

Wait Red and Blue whaaaat? Returning? From what? They were never from Animé. And did Masuda say that after 47 or somewhere else? Because the kiss was the most unexpected thing in Poké History. Who knows Gen 8 is about Love and Hate (I still believe in my theory) and Serena plays a part :D

johnermon

Memelord
New topic. Has anyone else noticed that the three characters in the xyz special kind of look like ash serena and bonnie. Plus the guy who looks like ash has a talonflame like ash and the girl who looks like bonnie has a dedenne? Dou you think it could be drawing a parallel between the past and present? will it have any parallels to amourshipping. Discuss

Last edited:

Feraleaguehater

It's ridiculous that some amourshippers feel the need to insult other ash shippers and get into drama right now(or ever)... Since the last episode aired that our community has plenty of reasons to celebrate and be happy and, if anything, it is the salty members of other shippings(which mind you aren't all of them) who might feel the need to "attack" us. When and if that happens it's best to ignore them, as there is no point to enter discussions that are moved by hatred and where neither part is interested in reaching any sort of middle ground. That being said, there's always room for fair criticism in spite of ship "affiliation". Just don't forget to keep it civil and remind yourself that we're fighting over fiction, a realm where your interpretations and beliefs are good as long as they satisfy you(no need to rub it in others faces).

Though i must confess it does annoy me to frequently see amourshipping get a lot of hate for no reason other than its popularity. For instance, there's some youtubers, unrelated to pokémon, or who play just pokémon games or TCG and are not involved in anything anime related, whose followers also don't follow the anime. Often times these youtubers will do a video hating on amour just for the sake of hating and a lot of their fans will just jump on the bandwagon of that hate at face value, without even be willing to give the Kalos saga a chance or to understand the side of the coin of those who support the ship. It's basically hating on amourshipping by default.

Some will never give the XY series or amourshipping a try because they thought Ash had a chemistry with one of the previous characters and they just won't move on from that. To be fair, i think this is how i'd react if they suddenly gave Ash another love interest in the next series. I just didn't react like this to amourshipping because i never thought one of the previous female companions had an equally good chemistry with Ash and i didn't think any of them "officially" loved him like Serena does. Then there's the "they're 10 years old" argument that's used to outright dismiss the shipping, which i'm willing to accept even if the age of fictional characters is just a number, specially in pokémon where age doesn't affect their actions or feelings. But don't use that argument if you ship Ash with another person...

I just wish we could keep getting bigger and behave in a way that will prompt the execs/writers to make amour canon because it's a good business decision(if there's a lot of demand for it) and they truly want to satisfy us. Obviously the way the story between Ash and Serena was written until now also could lead them to make amour go canon simply because it makes sense. Now the definition of us being a toxic community would be having amourshipping go canon simply because the writers are afraid of being killed.

And i did it again, i wrote another bible.

Last edited:

johnermon

Memelord
I am legitimately sorry for what i have started... Because i had to post in another ships thread, people now think their was some kind of ship war. I didnt want to start a ship war. and i dont really think that anything happened, except for the amourshipping thread constantly going on about it. jeez that'll teach me for trying to talk to people. i mean come on guys, lets talk about amourshipping, not what happened on the pokeshipping thread.

Last edited:

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
New topic. Has anyone else noticed that the three characters in the xyz special kind of look like ash serena and bonnie. Plus the guy who looks like ash has a talonflame like ash and the girl who looks like bonnie has a dedenne? Dou you think it could be drawing a parallel between the past and present? will it have any parallels to amourshipping. Discuss

well the ash guy ins't waay to similar and serenas' hair color is off, but yeah i think they look similar
Specially bonnie, she's identical
I'ts like Amour was canon before they were born!

#Tomato&Kechum
#ThankULys

Unrelated note, Am i the only one who thinks serena after getting off the plane at the end looks...
Older? Somehow? IDK

Last edited:

Feraleaguehater

Wait Red and Blue whaaaat? Returning? From what? They were never from Animé. And did Masuda say that after 47 or somewhere else? Because the kiss was the most unexpected thing in Poké History. Who knows Gen 8 is about Love and Hate (I still believe in my theory) and Serena plays a part :D

I always thought he was just referring to the games but... Like MotorBug mentioned, Masuda tweeted a picture of someone cosplaying Serena yesterday. Kinda interesting given the pertinence of the topic. Plus he had retweeted an amourshipping drawing before. Who knows if he has more influence than just in the games and if him being an amourshipper actually carries a lot of weight?

The blonde girl definitely resembles Bonnie and i'm hoping that's more than a coincidence. Though claiming that the guy and the other girl look like Ash and Serena still seems a bit of a stretch. If i'm allowed to delve into a lot of wishful thinking, i hope it's a mythological episode that suggests that Ash and Serena are united by fate or something(even though in real life i hate the idea of fate xD).

I am legitimately sorry for what i have started... Because i had to post in another ships thread, people now think their was some kind of ship war. I didnt want to start a ship war. and i dont really think that anything happened, except for the amourshipping thread constantly going on about it. jeez that'll teach me for trying to talk to people. i mean come on guys, lets talk about amourshipping, not what happened on the pokeshipping thread.

In the post i just wrote i wasn't targeting you or anyone in particular, but yeah, i've noticed some people in the amourshipping community have gotten involved in shipping wars.