• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

johnermon

Memelord
i wasnt saying they looked the same, i asked if one represent the other.

No. It may just be that they are going for a better quality animation for the last scene, and also you are looking at her from below, so it will naturally make her look taller.

johnermon

Memelord
...But the conflict was nonexistant, and it really never escalated beyond arguing with ourselves, and most wern't really complaining about it. so i really dont know what to apologize for, and also you weren't a part of it, so i am confused about why you are apoligizing. What is their a ship war going on now that i didn't know about. again. i am sorry that i ever tried talking on the pokeshipping thread, as i never expected other amourshippers to start arguing.
and here is the original post i made

lets get the disclaimer out of the way, because i dont want to be torn a new one
I have at some point supported all the ships in pokemon. poke shipping has been one of my favorites, as other then amour, it has been the only one with any substance to it. currently i am an amourshipper, but again i am a huge supporter of other ships.
now to the responding.

first and foremost, no, amourshipping is not canon im an amourshipper and i think this. serenas crush is canon, and has been canon since the beginning. amourshipping as a whole is not.

next up, at least at this point in time, amour is the most popular ship. i mean, this thread has been going on since 2009, and has 259 pages. The previous amour thread(V2) was started in 2014 and had 650 pages before being closed. the current v3 thread has around 120 pages and has around for a few months. now i know that people may say that it is due to the anime still being aired, and that poke shipping hasn't really had anything since ashes flashbacks in black and white, but this is irrelivant as these things contribute to popularity. the amourshipping community is currently the biggest. and no it wont take a huge poll to figure out the current popularity all you have to do is look at the numbers.

second of all, advanceshipping and pearlshipping still have followers because they were popular. the only ship that really wasnt popular was negaishipping, as no one really liked iris or the b/w anime. i think it is fair to assume that amourshipping will definitely keep a portion of its fanbase just based on serenas popularity, and the fact that some sort of cameo is still highly likely. i mean 4/5ths of the major ships still have active communities. you act like advanceshipping and pearlshipping are exceptions, when they are really the majority.

third, a reddit shipping contest has nothing to do with popularity. i am going to go out on a limb that most of the people on /r/anime are major anime fans. as in they watch more of the "Serious" animes. and the fact is that most of them probably remember the OS from their childhood, but probably dont keep up with the show today. as for the non vocal pokeshippers on /r/anime they probably dont talk about it because they are major anime fans, who fondly remember the OS, but dont participate in the Pokemon community

and lastly, i thought we already have debunked the flowers as representing as being gracious to everyone who made and watched the show, and that it has nothing to do with shipping. and relating it to pokeshipping is a bit of a stretch.

now i'm not attacking anyone, just stimulating discussion.
As you can see, the original post that started the "Ship war" was staunchly opposed to starting it, even going as far as to remind people that it was not an attack on the ship.
can we please just stop with the pokeshipping ship war garbage. it is really wearing me out, and i really dont want to talk about it anymore.
finally, if we keep this crap up, then we may have the thread suspended again, due to getting off topic. I mean even semi related amour parody songs have at some point gotten the thread closed. the last thing i want is an amourshipping v4 thread.

So why not instead of constantly bringing up the "Incident" on the pokeshipping thread, why dont we talk about something relevant.

Last edited:

Feraleaguehater

...But the conflict was nonexistant, and it really never escalated beyond arguing with ourselves, and most wern't really complaining about it. so i really dont know what to apologize for, and also you weren't a part of it, so i am confused about why you are apoligizing. What is their a ship war going on now that i didn't know about. again. i am sorry that i ever tried talking on the pokeshipping thread, as i never expected other amourshippers to start arguing.
and here is the original post i made

As you can see, the original post that started the "Ship war" was staunchly opposed to starting it, even going as far as to remind people that it was not an attack on the ship.
can we please just stop with the pokeshipping ship war garbage. it is really wearing me out, and i really dont want to talk about it anymore.
finally, if we keep this crap up, then we may have the thread suspended again, due to getting off topic. I mean even semi related amour parody songs have at some point gotten the thread closed. the last thing i want is an amourshipping v4 thread.

So why not instead of constantly bringing up the "Incident" on the pokeshipping thread, why dont we talk about something relevant.

Well, yeah, it seems a sensible post to me. Whatever happened afterwards, happened. Let's get with the program...

https://twitter.com/pokemon_memo/status/792615309911830528 So apparently the petition was at the very least acknowledged in Japan. Even if it's ineffective, it's still nice to see it reached 27000 signatures.

johnermon

Memelord
Well, yeah, it seems a sensible post to me. Whatever happened afterwards, happened. Let's get with the program...

https://twitter.com/pokemon_memo/status/792615309911830528 So apparently the petition was at the very least acknowledged in Japan. Even if it's ineffective, it's still nice to see it reached 27000 signatures.

Eh, i never really understood the point of the petition. It is guaranteed to not do a thing because the company isnt't mandated to look at it. it seems like wasted effort if you ask me. but hey. it cant hurt right?

shinosora

#BonnieKnows
Last edited:

johnermon

Memelord
Probably just fake. it is unlikely that this actually happened, so i will say that it is a fake.
On a separate note, why does alola ash seem to be less tanned then everywhere else ash. you'd think that being in the Pokemon equivalent of Hawaii would give you a darker tan. but nope, apparently that isnt how it works

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
i found this image guys https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvN1U5UW8AAQ5sk.jpg:large
do they really change ash face again? or its just being edited?
if the image quality changed again like that i really hope for serena returning in S&M

Sadly i'm pretty sure it's edited, though it loooks better

Crazy theory time. It was leaked a while back (thpugh itoaght be false) that gary will be coming back. I the games blue comes back, but he is older. So what of the games and the anime exist on a with like15 years appart. Grenija gets sent from pallet town, has one ribbon (witch is ment to conmemorate a special ocasion). Of course this theory has one problem:cynthia. Unles she found the the azothphilosofers stone and got eternal youth.
Also worth notticing, the character's name in the demo is a homonim for son
#ThankULys
#LysandreDidNothinWrong
#Tomato&Ketchum

PokeMaster366

Eh. Even if she did come back, I would appreciate if we got at least a year or two without seeing her. She's got things to do in Hoenn, and her coming back so quickly after leaving just to be with a guy seems rather...inane. I just wouldn't buy her coming back unless she was looking for something else as well, like Alola forms or the Z-Ring (which is essentially a makeshift, albeit more accessible, Key Stone as well, so perhaps Ash will now be able to use Mega Evolution, but that's a different thread and section entirely).

Feraleaguehater

Eh, i never really understood the point of the petition. It is guaranteed to not do a thing because the company isnt't mandated to look at it. it seems like wasted effort if you ask me. but hey. it cant hurt right?

Yeah, it's not like it is a referendum. Still, it's nice to see some big numbers behind it.

i found this image guys https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvN1U5UW8AAQ5sk.jpg:large
do they really change ash face again? or its just being edited?
if the image quality changed again like that i really hope for serena returning in S&M

Don't quote me on this, but apparently when the episodes are released they were finished a really good time before and there is no room to polish them after that. If this is indeed true, i guess having Serena kiss Ash was really not a last minute decision. Still, if only whoever edited that image worked for them...

Crazy theory time. It was leaked a while back (thpugh itoaght be false) that gary will be coming back. I the games blue comes back, but he is older. So what of the games and the anime exist on a with like15 years appart. Grenija gets sent from pallet town, has one ribbon (witch is ment to conmemorate a special ocasion). Of course this theory has one problem:cynthia. Unles she found the the azothphilosofers stone and got eternal youth.
#ThankULys
#LysandreDidNothinWrong
#Tomato&Ketchum

It's only natural Red and Blue would age if they were 10 years old in the first games and appeared 20 years later, but it would feel a little weird if every other returning character aged in the same way. Imagine the older ones...(R.I.P. Agatha). I don't think that dismisses your theory. On the other hand, if the games and the anime were set 15 years apart a lot of stuff would always be happening twice(like the evil teams always attacking and almost destroying the world and...Lysandre dying twice?).

I don't think Sun being an homonym for son is a hint, but it certainly cracked me up whenever i mistakenly read "Son" during the demo.

Btw, i always forget to ask you this, is your avatar fanart or from an actual episode/movie/special?

Eh. Even if she did come back, I would appreciate if we got at least a year or two without seeing her. She's got things to do in Hoenn, and her coming back so quickly after leaving just to be with a guy seems rather...inane. I just wouldn't buy her coming back unless she was looking for something else as well, like Alola forms or the Z-Ring (which is essentially a makeshift, albeit more accessible, Key Stone as well, so perhaps Ash will now be able to use Mega Evolution, but that's a different thread and section entirely).

I agree. It would hurt her character if there was no time skip between the ending of XYZ and the beginning of S&M and she appeared immediately in episode 2 or something. A lot of people speculate about the whole school thing being just a arc and Serena having the possibility to return after that's finished... don't know about that...

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Some thoughts about the Amourshipping canon thing, it's confirmed on Serena's part and unconfirmed/implied on Ash's part. So it's semi-canon, not canon.

And seriously, what's this thing about "winning" a war? Shipping is something you like, not something you "win". Rubbing your "victory" into other people's faces is just stupid and immature.

Since I got that off my chest, I'll talk more positive-

Now that we know that Ash is not so oblivious and Serena musters the courage to kiss him, how would you intrept all past Amour moments?

CDVEN

Average Trainer

#ThankULys
#LysandreDidNothinWrong
#Tomato&Ketchum

Gary returning would not be far off since Gary appeared in Blue's FR/LG outfit in DP so I wouldn't be surprised if he did return with Blue's SM Outfit.

I would be fine too to wait a year and a half for Serena's return if she does. Just like you said, she has other things to focus now so she has to put her Ashy in the back for a while. Because, her returning in a short period of time would be ridiculous and would make her decision in XYZ45 kinda pointless. If she does return, then the time before she can do so will depend on how she's doing with contests since I doubt she'll sweeping all of them. Can anyone tell me how long did May got all 5 ribbons and competed to the Grand Festival?

If she did return like 15 episodes later then maybe it's because she wants to hone her skills as a competent battler with Z-moves as she struggled in the battle section of contests? I know that she's not that weak of a battler but not great too as she hasn't being able to finish a battle despite being able to hold on to her own.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Meh, I think 1-2 years is a bit too long. Keep in mind, if she is focused 100% on contests, she may not spend as much time in Hoenn as you think. In Kalos, she really didn't spend a long time performing. She could easily go to Hoenn, compete in a season of contents while spreading her goal of making people smile and then when the season is done, move onto the next region where she decides to meet up with Ash in Alola. My bet is that she comes back somewhere into the 15-35 episode range. Latest I'd expect is the end of season one or start of season two.

-----------------------

Also, I think I developed a good theory on why the kiss wasn't shown on screen. Our current belief is that they didn't show it because it was a kiss on the lips. While this is all true, a lot of kids shows have shown kisses like that. Two examples that immediately come to mind are How to Train Your Dragon (it had a TV show) and Ninjago (which actually had a whole season dedicated to romance). So why did they not show Serena's kiss? My opinion is because they are not ready yet for kids to know. Sure some kids will be very aware that Serena kissed him but some may not. I showed the scene to my 8 year old brother and he basically understood it but that was probably because I told him it happened. Anyways, if they showed Serena's kiss on screen, a lot of kids would fully assume that Serena and Ash were an item, which yes they are coming to that. This would lead to questioning when she is not in the first episode of Sun and Moon. So essentially, until Serena comes back, which she will, they don't want to make it blatantly apparent for kids.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
15-35 episodes is hardly enough time to get introductions and solid characterizations and initial starts on goals for characters, let alone add in pre-existing characters into the fold for an arc.

Misty showed up in AG 50 episodes into the series, May arrived in DP 70 episodes, Dawn showed up 100+ later in BW. Assuming Serena does not get the Iris/Cilan treatment (a plausible scenario, given that Iris/Cilan did not receive cameo arcs of their own by virtue of being two characters needed to juggle separate arcs with, and Serena would subsequently have to juggle arc screentime focus with Clemont), then shoot for an arc 60 episodes in, or shoot for a long-winding arc 100+ in once the S/M series has gotten a full grasp on where it's headed in terms of plot and flow.

And tbh Serena coming back after just one Hoenn Contest Circuit sounds pretty damn weak. That gives off the impression that the Contests were just a liability to prove her point, and that her going full speed to see Ash once the circuit was done would just be a tepid attempt at seeking third-party gratification for doing what she said she would do, regardless if she wanted to do it or not. If she's coming back, have it be directly related to her current ventures, ala Misty with the Togepi Festival invite or May with the Wallace Cup.

Last edited:

CDVEN

Average Trainer
15-35 episodes is hardly enough time to get introductions and solid characterizations and initial starts on goals for characters, let alone add in pre-existing characters into the fold for an arc.

Misty showed up in AG 50 episodes into the series, May arrived in DP 70 episodes, Dawn showed up 100+ later in BW. Assuming Serena does not get the Iris/Cilan treatment (a plausible scenario, given that Iris/Cilan did not receive cameo arcs of their own by virtue of being two characters needed to juggle separate arcs with, and Serena would subsequently have to juggle arc screentime focus with Clemont), then shoot for an arc 60 episodes in, or shoot for a long-winding arc 100+ in once the S/M series has gotten a full grasp on where it's headed in terms of plot and flow.

And tbh Serena coming back after just one Hoenn Contest Circuit sounds pretty damn weak. That gives off the impression that the Contests were just a liability to prove her point, and that her going full speed to see Ash once the circuit was done would just be a tepid attempt at seeking third-party gratification for doing what she said she would do, regardless if she wanted to do it or not. If she's coming back, have it be directly related to her current ventures, ala Misty with the Togepi Festival invite or May with the Wallace Cup.

This is why I think the best way for Serena to return is when Ash's journey is ending for good. At that point, both have already fulfilled their goals. Returning to Sun and Moon very shortly after the departure would kinda feel forced. Sure they can bring back Serena because money but story-wise, there's no reason for her to come to Alola unless there's also contests/showcases or something like that so I might okay with that but like I said, it would make her decision to travel alone to other regions in XYZ45 pointless.

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
This is why I think the best way for Serena to return is when Ash's role being the main protagonist is coming to an end. At that point, both have already fulfilled their goals and would be matured enough to understand each other's feelings (if that ever happens). Returning to Sun and Moon very shortly after the departure would kinda feel forced. Sure they can bring back Serena because money but story-wise, there's no reason for her to come to Alola unless there's also contests/showcases or something like that so I might okay with that but like I said, it would make her decision to travel alone to other regions in XYZ45 pointless.

Well we don't know how she will do in Hoenn contests, but only completing one circuit wouldn't surprise me. She only did one in Kalos. Perhaps she could do more, but either way I feel like she would show up around the time the school ends and Ash travels throughout the region. By then, all the classmates would get off to the right track and then obviously to get their development in bursts as personally I don't see any of them as being full-time companions, except for maybe Lillie.

Hys7eriX

If Serena were to show up in SM, I'm pretty damn sure one way or another it would just be a happy accident, not something intentional on her part. Maybe she's a transfer student into Ash's class. Maybe she's in Alola because she's studying their version of Contests/Performances, or maybe she wants to see the pokemon there because she thinks she might find some good ones to add to her team. FFS, didn't we talk for pages about how some of the pokemon in Alola just scream Contests/Performances? Either way, I'm sure that if she shows up in SM (cameo or late party member or something), it would be for that reason.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
So I got back from that 'person' who speaks Japanese as his main language and I got the rundown to his translation of things if anyone still cares about it.

He translated Serena saying to:
"It was good I met you Satoshi. You're my goal from now on."
"Until I meet you next time, I'm gonna become much more of an attractive woman."

So it pretty much lines up to what @AshSerena and the other translators have been saying.

He said and I paraphrase: that the first two sentences don't seem to match with each other well since the first line is about Serena's admiration for Ash while the second one sounds like she's only appealing to him.
On the other hand, he also said that due to him not watching the anime, he doesn't quite understand the situation going on either.

I guess it's one of the negative sides to having someone who doesn't watch the anime translate it. I guess Serena intentionally did confess to Ash but it was through a way for him to be able to understand it.

Red Pheonix

I guess it's one of the negative sides to having someone who doesn't watch the anime translate it. I guess Serena intentionally did confess to Ash but it was through a way for him to be able to understand it.

As I said, you need to take account the context. So you need to watch the anime to make a better translation. Anyway, the moot point is Serena confessed in a very clever way so that Ash could understand and she vowed to grow up till the next time they reunite.