• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

DatsRight

I had some speculation if Serena came to Alola because she actually did rather poorly in Hoenn and didn't even get into the Grand Festival (perhaps due to her battle incompetence). Maybe she wasn't expecting Ash there and tries to hide her failure, though when he finds out he is sympathetic and tries to help out.

This would be an interesting deconstruction of the usual return appearances, rather than appearing showing all they'd learned onscreen, Serena is broken and is having teething troubles working past her flaws and without Ash, needing to start over. I admit this would go against her development and intent to work independently, but it would quite a twist and allow her more opportunity to develop onscreen and bond with Ash in the process (Ash could definitely work as a battle tutor).

It could especially be interesting if Ash himself isn't doing brilliantly at school and tries to still play himself off as the ace he was in Kalos at first.

MysticKnives

I had some speculation if Serena came to Alola because she actually did rather poorly in Hoenn and didn't get into the finals (perhaps due to her battle incompetence). Maybe she wasn't expecting Ash there and tries to hide her failure, though when he finds out he is sympathetic and tries to help out.

This would be an interesting deconstruction of the usual return appearances, rather than appearing showing all they'd learned onscreen, Serena is broken and is having teething troubles working past her flaws and without Ash, needing to start over. I admit this would go against her development and intent to work independently, but it would quite a twist and allow her more opportunity to develop onscreen and bond with Ash in the process (Ash could definitely work as a battle tutor).

It could especially be interesting if Ash himself isn't doing brilliantly at school and tries to still play himself off as the ace he was in Kalos at first.
This would depend mainly on how it's written. If written well, the writers could make this work and further build upon that with Serena's possible appearances in Alola.

DatsRight

If they could better validate her problems over just 'Serena can't function without Ash' it could work, though after the XY ending I could see fans still being all over it.

I would prefer her developing in Alola instead of it all offscreen though, especially if it gave more opportunities for Ash to develop a bond with her this time.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
I had some speculation if Serena came to Alola because she actually did rather poorly in Hoenn and didn't even get into the Grand Festival (perhaps due to her battle incompetence). Maybe she wasn't expecting Ash there and tries to hide her failure, though when he finds out he is sympathetic and tries to help out.

So basically, she's also being reset just like her man.

To be honest, I don't think it's a good idea. Not only it would reset Serena's character to her pre-haircut self, it would also mean that it could also reset her feelings back to a shallow crush. Thus, nullifying everything she learned throughout her journey with Ash. It would be better if she retains the character development she has in XY if she does return to S/M to develop her battling skills with Ash. Plus, those Z-moves would come in handy in contests like in ORAS whenever you fill up the excitement meter or whatever it is called that makes your Pokemon to perform a special move.

Serena isn't that bad of a battler. Just look at her battles with Jimmy and Ash, she was able to hold on to her own but I do think that she would struggle whenever she faces a much tougher opponent.

Last edited:
Well I see some rather insane debates going on. All I can say is, first off, if at all someone is going to other threads and posting stuff, then kindly refrain from doing so. AmourShipping has won, why rub it in on others? If there are people who don't want to believe it, just let them be. How does it affect you? But I kinda see where the rationale behind these actions come from. There was no shortage of OtherShipping baiters who were present here, baiting AmourShippers when things didn't seem good. But revenge isn't worth. The biggest revenge you have gotten against them is from the writers themselves. The very fact that the kiss happened, and AmourShipping is implied-canon/canon (whatever you'd like to believe) is the biggest thing. Anything you say against them yourself holds just about as much credibility as the stuff they say.

As for Serena returning, being the AmourShipper I am, I would dislike it if she returned so early on in SM, assuming that SM is spaced very close after XYZ (as in, no timeskip after XY). Not just because of the trashy animation (I still don't like it), but also because it just seems madness that she decides to go to Hoenn, and then drops into Alola so shortly after going there. I miss Serena in the show, yes. And I even want her to return. But if anything, let her return after the SM saga, for one last saga with Ash before they wrap it up completely, or have a cameo about halfway into SM or towards the end (and also return for Ash's last saga).

I want to clear some stuff up...

I wasn't " rubbing " anything to anyone in Pokeshipping thread, we were making good convo and it was fine until another person came and insulted the thread...that was it.

So there wasn't much to apologize about, but I agree with pokesrni ^

DatsRight

So basically, she's also being reset just like her man.

To be honest, I don't think it's a good idea. Not only it would reset Serena's character to her pre-haircut self, it would also mean that it could also reset her feelings back to a shallow crush. Thus, nullifying everything she learned throughout her journey with Ash. It would be better if she retains the character development she has in XY if she does return to S/M to develop her battling skills with Ash. Plus, those Z-moves would come in handy in contests like in ORAS whenever you fill up the excitement meter or whatever it is called that makes your Pokemon to perform a special move.

Serena isn't that bad of a battler. Just look at her battles with Jimmy and Ash, she was able to hold on to her own but I do think that she would struggle whenever she faces a much tougher opponent.

It's still a concern that she has NEVER won a battle without some sort of interruption or the opponent submitting it as enough (besides a TR curb stomp, and even those were all a group effort). I'd like this to be an actual factor in her development that comes back to haunt her, rather than just badly done plot armour they try to ignore. No other twerp was THAT overprotected by the plot. They were forced to improve to some significant level, even against Team Rocket.

I do admit it would preferable if she didn't entirely need Ash to improve in that area, but unless they give her one hell of a special, I don't know if they can pull all that off during Hoenn with so little focus, at least not without nearly all of it being offscreen, which isn't as fulfilling.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

I want to clear some stuff up...

I wasn't " rubbing " anything to anyone in Pokeshipping thread, we were making good convo and it was fine until another person came and insulted the thread...that was it.

So there wasn't much to apologize about, but I agree with pokesrni ^

I checked and nothing big. Before things could roll out, everyone stepped in. Good job. Just ship on with whatever ship you like. Canon/Non-canon shouldn't be an issue.

And Serena failing in Hoenn and coming to Alola? That would be stupid imo. I mean she just got to journey by herself and she fails? That would ruin her charecter! And btw, the famous kiss scene couldn't have happened if Serena's charecter didn't become stronger. So her character is also important for the shipping.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
It's still a concern that she has NEVER won a battle without some sort of interruption or the opponent submitting it as enough (besides a TR curb stomp, and even those were all a group effort). I'd like this to be an actual factor in her development that comes back to haunt her, rather than just badly done plot armour they try to ignore. No other twerp was THAT overprotected by the plot. They were forced to improve to some significant level, even against Team Rocket.

I do admit it would preferable if she didn't entirely need Ash to improve in that area, but unless they give her one hell of a special, I don't know if they can pull all that off during Hoenn with so little focus, at least not without nearly all of it being offscreen, which isn't as fulfilling.

I don't think her incompetency in battles would haunt her that much. Serena would just simply take cues from Ash's battling style to improve. As of now, she wants to be fully independent. She has now grown to accept defeat so it won't be that big of deal to her. Throwing all of that for her return to Alola would make her decision in XYZ45 pointless and would be far more worse than Ash's reset in BW and SM.

Last edited:

DatsRight

What I mean is that I don't just want her to turn out to be great at battling after all and cleaning house in the contests like she was the showcases. I want her to suffer a little moment of struggling at least, especially since showcases play out differently in style. Something like Dawn where poor choices and inexperience led to her suffering a small losing streak but did eventually manage to climb the ladder through mustering improvement. I want her to work and suffer for something this time, something that was blatantly missing in her XY arc.

Seriously, I like Serena, but everything just conveniently coming to her throughout the series really repelled me from her.

Last edited:

sunofdarkchild

Do showcases feature battling? It never sat right with me that the contests were decided by battles. Even if the rules were slightly different, it always seemed more about power than style. I don't feel that battling should be important for people who aren't trying to become masters or compete in leagues.

What I mean is that I don't just want her to turn out to be great at battling after all and cleaning house in the contests like she was the showcases. I want her to suffer a little moment of struggling at least, especially since showcases play out differently in style. Something like Dawn where poor choices and inexperience led to her suffering a small losing streak but did eventually manage to climb the ladder through mustering improvement. I want her to work and suffer for something this time, something that was blatantly missing in her XY arc.

It won't matter to you, or anyone for that matter. If they say that she struggled, that will suffice. We are not going to see Serena doing contests in Hoenn anyways. And I don't think you can say that suffering and work was missing in XY. She did suffer and work for it, in her own way. A person who wasn't interesting in anything to do with Pokemon going on a journey and suddenly finds it important to have a goal in life works towards something that she thought is what she wants. She then works hard towards that said goal, fails miserably the first time...yada yada yada, and then realizes that it is one part of what she was doing (bringing a smile to people) that she actually liked and wanted, not just the winning and becoming Kalos Queen.

In my opinion, that's damn good development. If you still don't see it that way, I won't argue any further. But it is definitely not like she didn't do any work or didn't suffer at all. Either you haven't been watching the show or you think Pokemon is all about battling- which it's not.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well I see some rather insane debates going on. All I can say is, first off, if at all someone is going to other threads and posting stuff, then kindly refrain from doing so. AmourShipping has won, why rub it in on others? If there are people who don't want to believe it, just let them be. How does it affect you? But I kinda see where the rationale behind these actions come from. There was no shortage of OtherShipping baiters who were present here, baiting AmourShippers when things didn't seem good. But revenge isn't worth. The biggest revenge you have gotten against them is from the writers themselves. The very fact that the kiss happened, and AmourShipping is implied-canon/canon (whatever you'd like to believe) is the biggest thing. Anything you say against them yourself holds just about as much credibility as the stuff they say.

Probably because people have to shut down garbage posts that talk about non-existent "baiting", "revenge", and saying it has "won" when it really hasnt lmao. It's still as canon one-sided before the kiss, since Ash's reaction can be interpreted in a non-romantic way and they never have a talk about it. And the major caveat is if she's never referenced or seen again, it'll become as dead as all the other pairings that came before. That's the problem with having this ending instead of a definitive conversation like in Contest.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Do showcases feature battling? It never sat right with me that the contests were decided by battles. Even if the rules were slightly different, it always seemed more about power than style. I don't feel that battling should be important for people who aren't trying to become masters or compete in leagues.

Showcases, no.

In contests, the battle stage is more of a test on how Coordinators balance their Pokemon's skill and power. If I remember correctly from AG, the battle stage is on a timer set to five minutes. The goal of each participant is to decrease their opponents points by landing their attacks, gave an appealing move while attacking, made the opposing Pokemon faint or it is called off by the judges before the timer goes to zero.

While Serena can perform well in the Appeal rounds, she would definitely struggle in the battle stage but I'm sure she can manage to pull through that stage by taking cues from Ash's battling style to build and develop her own style. She did it before during her battle with Jimmy so she can do it again.

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
From what I've been hearing, there was a leak from the 2017 Pokemon Calendar which showed some details of the upcoming S/M anime.

Apparently, Serena comes back after season 1 and she seems to represent one of the four Hawaiian gods: Tapu Lele.
Why she comes back? apparently she got trolled by the writers and they threw in a random reason for it.

They also mentioned something about Gary Oak returning but that doesn't belong here.

This is still a grain of salt but hey, it was a pretty interesting theory for me to talk to you guys about.

Hys7eriX

Fully agree with this. I for one was glad there were no battles in showcases. Even if Pokemon is a shounen anime with its main character pursuing a life of battling, that doesn't mean every pokemon or trainer in the world wants to pursue a life where battling is important to them.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Serena pull a fast one in a battle that would seem like something Ash would pull. Bonus points if it's a good idea, but the execution was a little sloppy, since even if she's watched Ash's battles closely, that doesn't mean she has his skill to pull it off. But ultimately, even if that never happens, so what? I honest to God don't give a ****.

EDIT: And for the record, just in case anyone thinks I'm being sexist (which would be ****ing inane, but since we have people actually thinking Serena's lines in XYZ47 were sexist, it's pretty obvious that we have some insanely ****ing stupid people in this fandom), even if the genders of every character were swapped, I'd feel the same way about the battling.

Last edited:

CDVEN

Average Trainer
From what I've been hearing, there was a leak from the 2017 Pokemon Calendar which showed some details of the upcoming S/M anime.

Apparently, Serena comes back after season 1 and she seems to represent one of the four Hawaiian gods: Tapu Lele.
Why she comes back? apparently she got trolled by the writers and they threw in a random reason for it.

They also mentioned something about Gary Oak returning but that doesn't belong here.

This is still a grain of salt but hey, it was a pretty interesting theory for me to talk to you guys about.

According to the supposed 'leaks', Serena went to Alola because apparently, the Contest Season was already over by the time she arrived in Hoenn.

I would be fine with her returning for Season 2 as long as they do it properly and retains her character development in XYZ. If she does return, I wonder how their reunion would be like. I'm expecting some awkwardness between the two, with Ash asking about the kiss Serena gave her.

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

What doo you mean she got trolled? And who confirmed that? It's a fan prediction I think...

And people stay on topic, it's about Amour and not about Serena4Alola or whatever.

Link73

Let's leave this single question here:
How would have XYZ47 ended on Mirror World?

My opinion: I have the theory that Mirror Ash was the one with the crush on Mirror Serena so I see some kind of confession from him but one-on-one (no Mirror Clemont, no Mirror Bonnie, no Mirror Pikachu present); afterwards, a "stolen kiss" to her before Mirror Ash runs away with tears.

Mirror Serena's reaction would be an extreme blushing because some things will never change (?)