• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

DatsRight

It won't matter to you, or anyone for that matter. If they say that she struggled, that will suffice. We are not going to see Serena doing contests in Hoenn anyways. And I don't think you can say that suffering and work was missing in XY. She did suffer and work for it, in her own way. A person who wasn't interesting in anything to do with Pokemon going on a journey and suddenly finds it important to have a goal in life works towards something that she thought is what she wants. She then works hard towards that said goal, fails miserably the first time...yada yada yada, and then realizes that it is one part of what she was doing (bringing a smile to people) that she actually liked and wanted, not just the winning and becoming Kalos Queen.

In my opinion, that's damn good development. If you still don't see it that way, I won't argue any further. But it is definitely not like she didn't do any work or didn't suffer at all. Either you haven't been watching the show or you think Pokemon is all about battling- which it's not.

As I've mentioned before on other threads, I think Serena's development was good in terms of her personality growth, she would fit slice of life story lines rather well. But in a storyline that was supposed to still be heavily revolved around action/tournaments and getting stronger, she wasn't remotely impressive or dynamic since she never got better as a battler OR a performer and her skills remained very basic until the very end outside VERY rare occasions, thus the plot had to keep contriving so she didn't look like a total incompetent compared to her more skilled peers (eg. dumbing down Team Rocket or having the plot always intervene). She's not a really interesting character to see in action (even in the showcases she was repetitive and required to be an instant winner unless she made a huge accident on stage, her methods were never surpassed or made to alter or improve) but she was really interesting to see in terms of personality and interaction moments. If Sun/Moon is indeed more comedy orientated than XY she might actually fit that series better.

Concerning the 'leak' I'm not buying anything until we get evidence, even if the calendar is legit it seems odd they would reveal Season Two intentions so early.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
[*]Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping, so episode discussions and speculation of individual characters are not allowed unless it is related back to Amourshipping. Also, discussions involving other ships are not allowed here.

You all can curse me to the next continent should this thread closes. I could care less. Like Ery said:

This is your last warning.

What I do care is that Shigeru's in the game. It doesn't have any direct connection towards Amour, but the thought of Serena meeting him would be such a pleasing scenario for me, and it's likely to happen, taking into consideration her past with Satoshi, that is the summer camp and the legendary-former-female-companion-cameo-appearance gag (which is broken by Iris). I don't know if Shigeru has any connection to their first meeting, but still it would be great to see them interact along with Satoshi.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
You all can curse me to the next continent should this thread closes. I could care less. Like Ery said:

What I do care is that Shigeru's in the game. It doesn't have any direct connection towards Amour, but the thought of Serena meeting him would be such a pleasing scenario for me, and it's likely to happen, taking into consideration her past with Satoshi, that is the summer camp and the legendary-former-female-companion-cameo-appearance gag (which is broken by Iris). I don't know if Shigeru has any connection to their first meeting, but still it would be great to see them interact along with Satoshi.

I agree, you guys don't want this thread to close so please stay away from the Alola topic because it has nothing to do withit right now. Just keep yourselves calm.

Feraleaguehater

I had never thought about it until now, but if there's anything that screams pokémon performances it is the Z-moves. If Serena comes back, picking Z-moves up will most likely be the reason.

They did break some trends with the last episode but i still wonder if they have the guts to make Serena appear again in the middle of a new series and not only at the end of Ash's journey. I say this because with the soft confession + kiss it seems like being open about her love for Ash became part of Serena's character and things could get awkward if they made her return in the middle of a series and backed from that openess.

According to the supposed 'leaks', Serena went to Alola because apparently, the Contest Season was already over by the time she arrived in Hoenn.

This sounds silly xD. I'm pretty sure they won't do this unless they want to turn pokémon into a show full of gags.

If gary did become ash companion then maybe he'll become ash love rival and it'll make ash finally show us his true feelings about serena.
a fanfic of this would be good i think !

Nooo! You can only make this happen if Gary plays the Miette role, which in my book was that of a teaser and not of someone who genuinely liked Ash.

Also, aren't you guys being too hard on us? Other than the shipping wars thing, i think we've never been so much on topic. How is debating whether Serena goes to Alola or not irrelevant to amourshipping? Just give us some breathing space, plz...

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Idk, if Serena goes to Alola, there's more Amour moments. Therefore, discussion about the likelihood of Serena coming to Alola is related to Amour. Don't tell me our every post needs to directly reference the Amour element in this? I'm not defending Gary discusions but Serena4Alola should be fare game to an extent.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Idk, if Serena goes to Alola, there's more Amour moments. Therefore, discussion about the likelihood of Serena coming to Alola is related to Amour. Don't tell me our every post needs to directly reference the Amour element in this? I'm not defending Gary discusions but Serena4Alola should be fare game to an extent.

You think of your own contribution, yet you do not notice that some of your friends here discuss Serena as an individual character, even more so Serena4Alola just to see her because she's a fan favorite. Do not contest your own point of view against my warning.

And please do, as much as possible, directly relate your posts towards Amour. Thank you very much.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Well, we can still speculate about that "leak" as long as it is related to Amour, right? In fact, I have a question for you all: "If the leak were true, how would the interactions between the four characters (Ash/Serena/Gary/Lillie) go?"

I can actually imagine Gary teasing Ash about him having a "girlfriend", once he figures out that Serena has feelings for Ash, triggering some evident reactions from Serena and some puzzled/not-so-evident reactions from Ash. Otherwise, I could even see him teasing Serena about feeling something for Ashy-boy, which could trigger some interesting interactions. Basically, Gary could become a sort of Miette 2.0, in a sense. Also, that could open the possibility of more flashbacks about the summer camp and give more insight of their chidlhood.

Regarding Lillie, that would depend of how her character will turn out. She seems a rather reserved character in-game, so she may not meddle too much with Amour. However, she could become a silent supporter, or simply notice the development from a distance.

Last edited:

sunofdarkchild

I could see Gary being the catalyst that gets Ash to act on his feelings towards Serena. That's been his role in the plot since their league battle. It could happen a number of ways, such as by being Ash's rival for her affections or teasing him for his obliviousness.

Red Pheonix

You think of your own contribution, yet you do not notice that some of your friends here discuss Serena as an individual character, even more so Serena4Alola just to see her because she's a fan favorite. Do not contest your own point of view against my warning.

And please do, as much as possible, directly relate your posts towards Amour. Thank you very much.

That's more specific and helpful. You should specifically point out like this what off-topic discussion we're having and how it's off-topic. This helps rather than giving plain warnings about closing the thread. Still, even regarding the Serena's character discussion, it's said to support Serena4Alola discussion which in turn is related to Amour. If people say she'll back because she's a fan favourite, that too is supporting Serena4Alola discussion which in turn related to Amour. Although no defense for I want to see Serena because she's fan favourite.

I understand it's stretching here but the two are still related or linked back to Amour.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Well, we can still speculate about that "leak" as long as it is related to Amour, right? In fact, I have a question for you all: "If the leak were true, how would the interactions between the four characters (Ash/Serena/Gary/Lillie) go?"

I can actually imagine Gary teasing Ash about him having a "girlfriend", once he figures out that Serena has feelings for Ash, triggering some evident reactions from Serena and some puzzled/not-so-evident reactions from Ash. Otherwise, I could even see him teasing Serena about feeling something for Ashy-boy, which could trigger some interesting interactions. Basically, Gary could become a sort of Miette 2.0, in a sense. Also, that could open the possibility of more flashbacks about the summer camp and give more insight of their chidlhood.

Regarding Lillie, that would depend of how her character will turn out. She seems a rather reserved character in-game, so she may not meddle too much with Amour. However, she could become a silent supporter, or simply notice the development from a distance.

I don't see Gary being the gen 1 Gary again. Since DP he has grown up and started to do serious things. I don't think he'll be the little bully he was. He could maybe tell Serena about how dumb Ash used to be and stuff like that but teasing her about her crush, since Serena already confessed she won't be teased I think because she isn't affraid to show her feelings now. And about Lillie: we don't have much information about them but she looks like a shy girl. Maybe she has a crush on someone else too and Serena notices this and helps her out? That would be funny. She could help her since she has the same experience.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh boy. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this thread gets shut down, at this point.

I'm not entirely sure how the possibility of Serena returning isn't related to AmourShipping, but sure, we'll roll with it.

So, since the last time I asked this was right after the League and people asked me if I was joking,

What do you think Ash and Serena will do for their wedding or honeymoon, should it happen?

I would absolutely love it if SM opened with them on a honeymoon in Alola, and the series is Ash telling her the story of his previous time in the region.

sunofdarkchild

Another question? Where should they settle down after getting married. It's hard to picture Ash settling down anywhere at the moment, but maybe as he matures he'll be ready to do so. I doubt they'd settle in Pallet Town, seeing how Ash never spends any time there before rushing off someplace else and Serena has no connection to the place. So that pretty much leaves Kalos, where Serena is from, or Alola, which might be able to provide Ash with the sense of adventure he needs even when raising a family. Or a future region, but those are the only currently revealed regions that I think they could conceivably settle in.

matthew11

8000 MMR
That's more specific and helpful. You should specifically point out like this what off-topic discussion we're having and how it's off-topic. This helps rather than giving plain warnings about closing the thread. Still, even regarding the Serena's character discussion, it's said to support Serena4Alola discussion which in turn is related to Amour. If people say she'll back because she's a fan favourite, that too is supporting Serena4Alola discussion which in turn related to Amour. Although no defense for I want to see Serena because she's fan favourite.

I understand it's stretching here but the two are still related or linked back to Amour.

We have been giving out helpful warnings since then, especially me, yet you still go on your merry ways. Me and Ery are really tired from taking care of this thread. And I've already said it many times; you aren't children anymore, and I don't think I have to explain further what was going on. Keep on contesting your own arguments, it matters not. When I said directly, I mean your posts has direct relation towards Amour. It doesn't matter whether or not a posts that sports only Serena going to Alola and doesn't have the word Amour in it means it's pointed towards Amour, the idea is to have the essence of Amour in it.

And yes, I believe you're stretching things a bit too far. Good to know you're actually aware of it.

If the leak were true, how would the interactions between the four characters (Ash/Serena/Gary/Lillie) go?"

I've already said it before, I can see interactions between Satoshi, Serena, and Shigeru, especially if they bring up their past experience in the summer camp. But with Lillie, she doesn't really contribute to Amour, unless Serena goes Juvia mode and says "Another love rival?!" out of nowhere.

Red Pheonix

We have been giving out helpful warnings since then, especially me, yet you still go on your merry ways. Me and Ery are really tired from taking care of this thread. And I've already said it many times; you aren't children anymore, and I don't think I have to explain further what was going on. Keep on contesting your own arguments, it matters not. When I said directly, I mean your posts has direct relation towards Amour. It doesn't matter whether or not a posts that sports only Serena going to Alola and doesn't have the word Amour in it means it's pointed towards Amour, the idea is to have that word in your posts.

And yes, I believe you're stretching things a bit too far. Good to know you're actually aware of it.

If the leak were true, how would the interactions between the four characters (Ash/Serena/Gary/Lillie) go?"

I've already said it before, I can see interactions between Satoshi, Serena, and Shigeru, especially if they bring up their past experience in the summer camp. But with Lillie, she doesn't really contribute to Amour, unless Serena goes Juvia mode and says "Another love rival?!" out of nowhere.

Btw, your warning in this page didn't say what was the topic that was off-topic. Just said that we're going off-topic.

Anyway, I guess that's the source of confusion. Point taken. We won't be stretching topics.

Oh God, not actual shipping wars in the anime. Although it would be pretty funny to see Serena overreact to Lillie.

Hys7eriX

What do you think Ash and Serena will do for their wedding or honeymoon, should it happen?

I would absolutely love it if SM opened with them on a honeymoon in Alola, and the series is Ash telling her the story of his previous time in the region.

Oh man, I really like your idea. Bonus points if they'd cut back to present day Ash and Serena every so often.

As for the wedding, I always imagined they'd probably do it at Professor Oak's ranch, with a ceremony consisting of family and friends. Not the most romantic of locations, but I think they'd like that since they'd like the privacy, and I also imagine Ash's pokemon would riot if they weren't present for such an important day in their trainer's life. Maybe TRio crashing the party for old time's sake (I always imagine they bury the hatchet somewhere along the way and become good friends of his), though for some reason, I can also imagine them blubbering like idiots during the ceremony. Not sure why, I just do. XD

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Has it ever been confirmed that Gary was even at the summer camp? I mean, it's a fair bet, but I don't recall anyone actually saying that was the case.

I'd love to see Gary's reaction to their relationship, actually. Of course, he's got his cheerleaders. Maybe we'll get to see him make some joke about how long it's taken Ash. 20 years!

sunofdarkchild

Oh man, I really like your idea. Bonus points if they'd cut back to present day Ash and Serena every so often.

As for the wedding, I always imagined they'd probably do it at Professor Oak's ranch, with a ceremony consisting of family and friends. Not the most romantic of locations, but I think they'd like that since they'd like the privacy, and I also imagine Ash's pokemon would riot if they weren't present for such an important day in their trainer's life. Maybe TRio crashing the party for old time's sake (I always imagine they bury the hatchet somewhere along the way and become good friends of his), though for some reason, I can also imagine them blubbering like idiots during the ceremony. Not sure why, I just do. XD

It depends on how famous they become as master and performer. I don't know if an idol can manage a small wedding.

And you just know Team Rocket is going to show up to wreck their wedding....

matthew11

8000 MMR
Btw, your warning in this page didn't say what was the topic that was off-topic. Just said that we're going off-topic.

A warning means a rule was being broken. That alone brings awareness, and further explanation exhausts me, especially when I get carried away and blurt out names, which I discourage. Please don't tell me you're still children and wants me to explain warnings in rich detail.

Has it ever been confirmed that Gary was even at the summer camp? I mean, it's a fair bet, but I don't recall anyone actually saying that was the case.

I'd love to see Gary's reaction to their relationship, actually. Of course, he's got his cheerleaders. Maybe we'll get to see him make some joke about how long it's taken Ash. 20 years!

We all don't know if Shigeru was in the summer camp. I just want to know more on their background during the summer camp, how Shigeru knew of Satoshi and Serena's relationship (if that is even possible, given how the flashback in XY007 tells us). The most likely Amour moment would be a teasing from Shigeru.

And please don't contribute to the death of this thread.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Oh boy. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this thread gets shut down, at this point.

I'm not entirely sure how the possibility of Serena returning isn't related to AmourShipping, but sure, we'll roll with it.

So, since the last time I asked this was right after the League and people asked me if I was joking,

Well, since SM is a School Musical (Yes it is) I can see them singing a love song together expressing their feelings and at the end an uncensored kiss xD. Lol my ideas are getting out of hand.
To be honest I don't think they will show us a marriage between people because it is not Pokémon related then...