• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

lane

A Giant Goldfish
dudes just chill, if a character like cilan whom had a mixed reception is going to return, just what you expecto from serena?, he is a character somewhat weird but im happy that he will return, we should be happy because his appearance on the special only confirm or give us higher possibilities to see serena once again :D

Oh, definitely. Even if there isn't a dedicated special episode for Serena, she'll probably have a cameo or a flash role in it (or something like that). Besides, she's a highly popular character even in Japan (similar, equal to, or slightly higher, depending on your preference, to Dawn), so I would imagine that she'll pop up sooner or later in some form or fashion.

I'd have it as 50/50, between the Gary+Serena as companions rumor looking like it could be true and the way they left amour in XYZ.

That'll be really interesting, seeing Gary and Serena as part of the gang - especially when seeing how Gary is gonna tease Ash and Serena, if he catches wind of their budding relationship together. I wonder how that's gonna end up. :p

DatsRight

Something to consider, what if Serena comes back to Alola and, not only is Ash more emotive and devoted to Serena this time, there's an outright role reversal?

I mean obviously Serena would still be a smitten little tomato around Ash when she's directed towards him, but as a result of being more fixated on her performance quest now (especially if contests prove more taxing than showcases) maybe she has cases SHE doesn't notice ASH'S emotions as much. After all, Serena has proven capable of being as dense as Ash at times (eg. running off a cliff Ash tried to warn her about in XY40, or the Jeeves incident). I expect Ash might be a little more flustered and awkward around Serena after that little revelation in Kalos as well.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

Something to consider, what if Serena comes back to Alola and, not only is Ash more emotive and devoted to Serena this time, there's an outright role reversal?

I mean obviously Serena would still be a smitten little tomato around Ash when she's directed towards him, but as a result of being more fixated on her performance quest now (especially if contests prove more taxing than showcases) maybe she has cases SHE doesn't notice ASH'S emotions as much. After all, Serena has proven capable of being as dense as Ash at times (eg. running off a cliff Ash tried to warn her about in XY40, or the Jeeves incident). I expect Ash might be a little more flustered and awkward around Serena after that little revelation in Kalos as well.

So oblivious Serena this time? Ash desparatly trying to get Serena's attention? Senpai reversal?

3vr1m

Yesterday I wild thought apeared in my head. I used thinking, it was very effective. Jokes aside, what if Ash and Serena keep in touch with their Video Communication devices in the Pokemon Centers (dont know the exact name, let us call it skype) and have a conversation now and then about their whereabouts and their adventures, kinda like a long distant relationship. This could help developing their relationship/amorushipping and she wouldnt be forced out of hoenn.

What do you think about this ?

Last edited:

DatsRight

Not to mention Ash is not used to romantic feelings, he'd likely feel rather....odd around Serena now.

Of course Serena is used to them and still very much in love with Ash, so this would only make the times Serena IS noticing how much more concerned and fixated Ash is towards her more endearing.

Imagine TWO tomatoes now. :p

Yesterday I wild thought apeared in my head. I used thinking, it was very effective. Jokes aside, what if Ash and Serena keep in touch with their Video Communication devices in the Pokemon Centers (dont know the exact name, let us call it skype) and have a conversation now and then about their whereabouts and their adventures, kinda like a long distant relationship. This could help develop their relationship/amorushipping and she wouldnt be forced out of hoenn.

Makes sense, though I would have expected them to do it with other companions (except Delia and Oak) by now.

Heekful

Yesterday I wild thought apeared in my head. I used thinking, it was very effective. Jokes aside, what if Ash and Serena keep in touch with their Video Communication devices in the Pokemon Centers (dont know the exact name, let us call it skype) and have a conversation now and then about their whereabouts and their adventures, kinda like a long distant relationship. This could help developing their relationship/amorushipping and she wouldnt be forced out of hoenn.

I don't think the writers have time to do that in the S&M anime because they have to focus on the new things (aka Z-moves etc) / new pokemon / new characters , especially with the design changes that will look weird imo. Maybe at the end of the saga or close to the end but definitely not in the first season.

DatsRight

One other subtle thing I just noticed now. While Ash has pretty much been a gullible broken record around Team Rocket all throughout Kalos, notice the one time he was savvy and no nonsense about the trio (and their awesome motto :p) was when they were holding Serena hostage.

Last edited:

Hys7eriX

Yesterday I wild thought apeared in my head. I used thinking, it was very effective. Jokes aside, what if Ash and Serena keep in touch with their Video Communication devices in the Pokemon Centers (dont know the exact name, let us call it skype) and have a conversation now and then about their whereabouts and their adventures, kinda like a long distant relationship. This could help develop their relationship/amorushipping and she wouldnt be forced out of hoenn.

I think the Japanese Amourshipping community pretty much figured this was how it would be (off-screen, and this was also before the kiss IIRC). I'm pretty onboard with the idea. And if she cameos in SM, she could tell him ahead of time over the phone that she's planning to visit for a bit. Or Ash invites her if she says she has free time? Something like this:

Ash: So the Hoenn Contest season is over now, huh? What are you planning to do now?
Serena: Hm... Well, I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it...
Ash: Why don't you come to Alola?
Serena: Alola?
Ash: Yeah! There's a lot of cool pokemon here that you could add to your team! And... *smiles nervously and scratches cheek* Uh... it'd be really nice to see you again.

Yeah, I pretty much ripped off Ash's initial invitation to her. I liked that invitation, sue me! XD

And a role reversal would be kind of nice between them, but I think something I'd really like is for Serena to have a playful streak when it comes to Ash. Like, if she meets him again in Alola, something along these lines:

Ash: Serena! It's good to see you again!
Serena: *tilts head to the side* Hm? Do I know you?
Ash: *blink* Huh? Uh... Serena, it's me! Ash! ...from Pallet Town?
Serena: *thoughtful* Pallet Town...? Mm... I did go there once when I was younger...
Ash: *sweatdrop* We... traveled together? Through Kalos?
Serena: Mm... I do remember traveling through Kalos...
Ash: Yeah! With Bonnie and Clemont, remember?!
Serena: *brightens up* Oh, I remember Bonnie and Clemont!
Ash: *brightens up too* Right?! Weren't those great times?!
Serena: *thoughtful* Mmm... But I don't remember you, though...
Ash: *falls over* S-Serena!
Serena: Oh! Now I remember you! You're the boy with the Pikachu!
Ash: *sweatdrop* ...Serena, were you just messing with me?
Serena: *wink* Maybe?
Pikachu: *laughing at Ash's expense*

I had entirely too much fun with that. Probably a bit OOC, though. To be honest, it strikes me as more of a joke she would pull when they're a couple (and Pikachu would probably make exasperated Pika-comments about how shamelessly they flirt).

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Not to mention Ash is not used to romantic feelings, he'd likely feel rather....odd around Serena now.

Of course Serena is used to them and still very much in love with Ash, so this would only make the times Serena IS noticing how much more concerned and fixated Ash is towards her more endearing.

Imagine TWO tomatoes now. :p

I tried to imagine two tomatoes. This is what I got.

[imgsize=300]http://fotopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Two-Red-Tomatoes-825x510.jpg[/imgsize]

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Ash would actually blush at some point, and I can see him mostly staring blankly at Serena than other things. Which... I personally wouldn't mind, since a blank stare is still a reaction and would fit his character better. However, I wouldn't mind if they pulled something akin to Phineas and Ferb's "Act Your Age", where the boy is initially oblivious to the girl's advances and starts developing feelings only when the girl actually stops said advances. It would be interesting if Serena started focusing more on her career and kept her emotions more in check, and in that precise moment Ash starts developing his own feelings and Serena doesn't notice. It would be quite ironic.

Otherwise, I suppose we could get a Love Revelation Epiphany, with Ash's stunned expression and shimmering light being an indicator of that. Of course I don't expect him to have a crush for Serena right now after being kissed, but more to have his feelings start to develop after the revelation. Whether the show will address that or not is up to be seen. I hope it is addressed in some way, even if subtle, though.

3vr1m

I don't think the writers have time to do that in the S&M anime because they have to focus on the new things (aka Z-moves etc) / new pokemon / new characters , especially with the design changes that will look weird imo. Maybe at the end of the saga or close to the end but definitely not in the first season.

well, it doesnt have to be every episode, and when they have time to show their pokemon beeing healed in the PokC. they could show them atleast talking to each other

Heekful

One other subtle thing I just noticed now. While Ash has pretty much been a gullible broken record around Team Rocket all throughout Kalos, notice the one time he was savvy and no nonsense about the trio (and their awesome motto :p) was when they were holding Serena hostage.

Yeah I actually thought about that , look how he got mad when they hurt Serena back in XY021 , same when they stole Fokko in XY047 , he sent his bird like hyper fast.

EDIT : I made a gif about this moment : http://www.noelshack.com/2016-44-1478022596-cwbv3m.gif

I'm surprise no body really noticed that.

Attachments

• cwBV3m.jpg
    cwBV3m.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

sunofdarkchild

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Ash would actually blush at some point,

Ash did blush in that season 1 episode at the school. He was actually attracted to the antagonist that episode. How would amourshipping or any of the other shippings have gone if they hadn't made Ash so clueless about girls afterwards?

sunofdarkchild

well, it doesnt have to be every episode, and when they have time to show their pokemon beeing healed in the PokC. they could show them atleast talking to each other

It would be great if Ash calls Serena for support when he suffers a really bad loss or is really worried about one of his Pokemon's health.

DatsRight

Yeah I actually thought about that , look how he got mad when they hurt Serena back in XY021 , same when they stole Fokko in XY047 , he sent his bird like hyper fast.

EDIT : I made a gif about this moment : http://www.noelshack.com/2016-44-1478022596-cwbv3m.gif

I'm surprise no body really noticed that.

The only thing that would have sealed that further is if he clenched Serena behind him and took TR's attacks like he has for so many Pokemon....Well he's fallen down a cliff for her. :p

Seriously though, between abusing Ash for rescuing her and hesitating to help Serena, both for the sake of dirt, Fennekin just looked like an ******* that episode. :p

Last edited:

Hys7eriX

Seriously though, between abusing Ash for rescuing her and hesitating to help Serena, both for the sake of dirt, Fennekin just looked like an ******* that episode. :p

Was this the Pokevision episode? I figured the reason why Fennekin was being a jackass to Ash was that she was still salty about Ash saying Aria's Fennekin was cute. XD Serena relaxed once she realized Ash was complimenting Aria's Fennekin and not Aria, but Fennekin was still mad. :p

Feraleaguehater

Serena calling Ash now and then would be one way to make her a recurring character without messing up with her training in Hoenn. Obviously they could have done this before with other characters, but here's hoping that Clemont's "call us now and then" was foreshadowing a change.

I wonder what her reaction to Ash's new face would be... maybe something like "Ash?! D-Did i do this??".

Red Pheonix

I tried to imagine two tomatoes. This is what I got.

[imgsize=300]http://fotopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Two-Red-Tomatoes-825x510.jpg[/imgsize]

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Ash would actually blush at some point, and I can see him mostly staring blankly at Serena than other things. Which... I personally wouldn't mind, since a blank stare is still a reaction and would fit his character better. However, I wouldn't mind if they pulled something akin to Phineas and Ferb's "Act Your Age", where the boy is initially oblivious to the girl's advances and starts developing feelings only when the girl actually stops said advances. It would be interesting if Serena started focusing more on her career and kept her emotions more in check, and in that precise moment Ash starts developing his own feelings and Serena doesn't notice. It would be quite ironic.

Otherwise, I suppose we could get a Love Revelation Epiphany, with Ash's stunned expression and shimmering light being an indicator of that. Of course I don't expect him to have a crush for Serena right now after being kissed, but more to have his feelings start to develop after the revelation. Whether the show will address that or not is up to be seen. I hope it is addressed in some way, even if subtle, though.

plz dont crush my dreams about tomato Ash

Honestly, I could argue that Ash already started developed feelings. Though it would be untapped since she just left him. We can already Serena focusing on her career. I mean she just left Ash for Hoenn. And even she was with Ash, she focused on her career, evidenced by the low tomatohint frequency. She still found some time with Ashy boy. And I just can't see Serena ignore the dork.

It's the very primary stage of love or the Ash Ketchum version of it. Because Ashy boy has it's own way or "rythym" regarding everything. He's method of cheering up Serena is having a freaking battle for example. I expect Ash to feel unsure about the whole thing at first. Later as he talks and hangs out with Serena, he will slowly discover her and only then he can fall in love with her.

DatsRight

Was this the Pokevision episode? I figured the reason why Fennekin was being a jackass to Ash was that she was still salty about Ash saying Aria's Fennekin was cute. XD Serena relaxed once she realized Ash was complimenting Aria's Fennekin and not Aria, but Fennekin was still mad. :p

Still a petty reason for her attacking him after he saved her, as well as her wavering over getting her feet dirty or letting Serena take a beating. Her Braixen limelight episode did a better job with her ratty, OCD elements while keeping it in sympathetic circumstances (even if James stole the show a bit in that one :D).

Anyway, back on topic so I don't get the mods onto us again. :p

I see Ash having very typical methods of dealing or trying to analyse potential new found feelings and butterflies in his stomach.

"Maybe I'm sick....or I'm hungry?....But I just ate fifty rice balls...is it the upcoming battle....what the hell is going on???? IT MUST BE A BOMB! I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!!"