• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

3vr1m

How do you think Serena's facial expression was?

She probably closed her eyes before kissing him, since open eyes would have made her more nervouse. It took a lot of confindence to kiss your crush in front of your friends, I can do that only when Im drunk

But whether she did a "o" with her mouth is doubtful for me, since that would look kinda silly and make it obvious what she is going to do next, that could have scared little ash away :p

Hys7eriX

She was making her lips round, like when you say "O". Ash was being surprised for a reason.

The crazy Amourshipper in me likes to think that when he saw Serena making her lips round, he subconsciously knew that and also kept his mouth round for the kiss.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. Ash's eyes widened and shimmered right from the moment Serena started leaning in. While he was obviously surprised, it looked to me like he knew what she was up to.

Besides, it greatly pleases my 100% Amourshipping trash heart to think of it that way :p

Red Pheonix

She probably closed her eyes before kissing him, since open eyes would have made her more nervouse. It took a lot of confindence to kiss your crush in front of your friends, I can do that only when Im drunk

But whether she did a "o" with her mouth is doubtful for me, since that would look kinda silly and make it obvious what she is going to do next, that could have scared little ash away :p

Didn't you hear? Little Ashy grew up. He's a man now. Or Serena made him a man.

Well, if you're trying to kiss, I kinda expect to make the lips round. Although she could do that milliseconds before she landed on the spot.

Now bizzare thoughts entered in my head. When Ash tasted Serena's lips, what did he taste? Tomato? XD

3vr1m

Well, if you're trying to kiss, I kinda expect to make the lips round. Although she could do that milliseconds before she landed on the spot.

Now bizzare thoughts entered in my head. When Ash tasted Serena's lips, what did he taste? Tomato? XD

I think it depends where he liked it or not. If he liked the kiss, it would taste like pokepuffs if not then well... not like pokepuffs xD
Hey Ive an idea, since the way to a man's heart goes through his stomach, Ash HAS to be in love with her, I mean he loves the food she makes, so there it is. Case closed Amour is Canon :p

CDVEN

Average Trainer

We may never know XD. But one thing for sure is that Ash liked it, as evidenced by the glimmering eyes and the smile that he gave afterward. It looks like he wants another kiss...our boy is really growing up.

He's still confused by the feelings he felt after that kiss so he is in stage one of falling in love with her, albeit very slowly.

Just watched a video of a guy trying to climb up an escalator re-enacting Serena climbing up. You can tell how he struggled in the video.
https://twitter.com/tanakakouta731/status/792303896282603520/video/1
Serena has superhumanly strong legs like how Ash can carry heavy very heavy Pokemon with his arms. If she and Ash have a kid, their kid would be Mr. Incredible.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So Ash is in the voice cast for Cilan and Clemont episode. I know it's probably not gonna happen (like 0,1%) but what if Ash thinks about Serena in this episode while he is in Pallet town ? That would be great... If the writers gave us a kiss it's because they also like Amourshipping so maybe we can expect some hints in special episodes.

Really? That's a first, actually. It might just be a flashback. I wouldn't expect much for Amour, but it would be nice. Serena's special should be in about 6 months or under.

I'm going to tell you what I've told you about a million times before. I guarantee we'll know more in about a week.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Really? That's a first, actually. It might just be a flashback. I wouldn't expect much for Amour, but it would be nice. Serena's special should be in about 6 months or under.

I'm going to tell you what I've told you about a million times before. I guarantee we'll know more in about a week.
Not really expecting anything at all. It'll just be a flashback or Ash is starting to leave Kanto for Alola.

Hmm, I think I have something that might tie with a particular theory...

We have that 'Serena gives Ash Alolan clothes' theory that's been circulating many moons ago. Maybe this is where he got his Alolan clothes from Serena who sent it via package from Hoenn? I know it's very unlikely but it's an interesting theory and a cute minor hint. Maybe have a scene with Ash in his Alolan clothes leaves his room ready to start his journey while the camera pans from the door to his bed that has an opened box with a tag that says
'To: Ash
Pallet Town, Kanto
Mauville City, Hoenn'

That would be a cute hint and with Ash wearing his Alolan clothes, somewhat of a counterpart of Serena wearing the ribbon Ash gave her.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Not really expecting anything at all. It'll just be a flashback or Ash is starting to leave Kanto for Alola.

Hmm, I think I have something that might tie with a particular theory...

We have that 'Serena gives Ash Alolan clothes' theory that's been circulating many moons ago. Maybe this is where he got his Alolan clothes from Serena who sent it via package from Hoenn? I know it's very unlikely but it's an interesting theory and a cute minor hint. Maybe have a scene with Ash in his Alolan clothes leaves his room ready to start his journey while the camera pans from the door to his bed that has an opened box with a tag that says
'To: Ash
Pallet Town, Kanto
Mauville City, Hoenn'

That would be a cute hint and with Ash wearing his Alolan clothes, somewhat of a counterpart of Serena wearing the ribbon Ash gave her.

Actually, a postcard would make perfect sense. That's how the SM demo started, with the protagonist getting a postcard, then following his mom into the city. It might as well come from Serena, since Ash isn't going to write a postcard to himself, then forget his identity.

Red Pheonix

We may never know XD. But one thing for sure is that Ash liked it, as evidenced by the glimmering eyes and the smile that he gave afterward. It looks like he wants another kiss...our boy is really growing up.

He's still confused by the feelings he felt after that kiss so he is in stage one of falling in love with her, albeit very slowly.

Just watched a video of a guy trying to climb up an escalator re-enacting Serena climbing up. You can tell how he struggled in the video.
https://twitter.com/tanakakouta731/status/792303896282603520/video/1
Serena has superhumanly strong legs like how Ash can carry heavy very heavy Pokemon with his arms. If she and Ash have a kid, their kid would be Mr. Incredible.

Or he just love tomatoes.

Really, is it that hard? I remember running up an escalator. It's not that hard. Serena doesn't need super human strength. and their babies? I bet their baby is gonna be.........

*drum roll*

A tomato ketchup.

Genaller

Silver Soul
So I was looking at the AMW of the events that played after we saw Ash on the plane and I'm certain that Ash was in all of them except the 1 where Sereena and Bonnie are about to sleep in which case I'm not sure if Ash could see them or not? Can someone tell me what episode that scene was in so I can analyze that scene for myself. If that final AMW truly was Ash's flashbacks then that would be huge since it would mean that Ash actually remembered all the major amourshipping moments (and even falling on Serena) which would imply that Ash did in fact have feelings for Serena.

3vr1m

So I was looking at the AMW of the events that played after we saw Ash on the plane and I'm certain that Ash was in all of them except the 1 where Sereena and Bonnie are about to sleep in which case I'm not sure if Ash could see them or not? Can someone tell me what episode that scene was in so I can analyze that scene for myself. If that final AMW truly was Ash's flashbacks then that would be huge since it would mean that Ash actually remembered all the major amourshipping moments (and even falling on Serena) which would imply that Ash did in fact have feelings for Serena.

I dont think they were flashbacks from the protagonists, like this person is thinking of that event. I belive that this was just a scene from the writers to show what the character did in the past 3 years. Of course, this way would also be pro amourshipping since the writers would see Ashs greatest evens have to do with amour moments. So either way its good for us

Red Pheonix

I already brought this very matter up, Ash apparently had a flashback about Serena and Bonnie going to sleep. Either Ash is a perv or the AMV isn't completely about Ash's flashbacks.

Heekful

The Bonnie & Serena scene was from the beginning , a episode where Clemont's chespin leave to fight a Delphox I think (that's the only episode where Serena is worried about Clemont).
Back to the topic , I don't think the AMV is Ash's memories but in the Amourshipping Bulbapedia page , they are listed as "Ash's hints" so I guess we will never know until maybe a staff member confirm this one day... If it's confirmed one day , Ash is definitely the best stalker ever.

Red Pheonix

The Bonnie & Serena scene was from the beginning , a episode where Clemont's chespin leave to fight a Delphox I think (that's the only episode where Serena is worried about Clemont).
Back to the topic , I don't think the AMV is Ash's memories but in the Amourshipping Bulbapedia page , they are listed as "Ash's hints" so I guess we will never know until maybe a staff member confirm this one day... If it's confirmed one day , Ash is definitely the best stalker ever.

Or the worst. He intentionally acted like an oblivious to get an upper hand on Serena. That bastard!

Or he was a stalker and oblivious at the same time. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Link73

Nope, Serena is the best on that...

Red Pheonix

Epicocity

Atleast Ash was outside. Serena was inside her tent and Ashy boy just had to sneak up on her. Although hormones make people weird........

It's more likely that Ash could hear Serena and Bonnie through the tent and was listening, but they're not gonna animate something extra for an end of series flashback/recap. Still would count since it seems that Ash cared enough to listen and see if Serena was okay sleeping outside.

Jorgesnoopy

Just a thought, anyone curious to see if Cartoon Network will advertise/tease the kiss scene like they do for romance in other shows that they air? (Their Twitter) Or how the dub will handle it in general?

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
I'm hoping the dub keeps the dialogue pretty much the same (although I could see them changing the "more beautiful woman" line because even in subs it was confusing people). I feel in some instances I like the dub's dialogue more than the sub, so I would happy if this could be one of those times.

PokeMaster366

Out of curiosity, if it did happen, what do you think Ash's second kiss with Serena would be like?

I can kind of imagine it. Serena is coming to visit Ash in Alola, and she shows up a few episodes before Ash takes on an island challenge or one of the Kahunas (likely taking on a Kahuna). After defeating the island's Kahuna, it's night, and Ash is outside, unable to sleep because he's the thinking about the next island he's going to tomorrow. Serena comes out to check on Ash, and they talk for a little bit about the new people they've seen and the challenges they've had to face in the new regions they've been to. Eventually, Ash brings up the kiss that happened back at the airport in Kalos, and while they're both embarrassed about it (Tomato Girl, especially), they let that conversation continue on. Ash spends some time talking about his confusion when it happened and how it made him feel. He can't help but think about that moment. He wants to share another kiss with Serena because it was an experience he was unfamiliar with. Serena is shocked and embarrassed that he would ask so suddenly, but Ash brings up that he would feel weird if he did it with any other girl. Serena eventually submits to his request, and they get ready to share another kiss. Their hearts are pounding and both of them feel nervous about what's about to happen, and soon, it happens. When their lips part, Serena asks Ash how he feels now. All he tells Serena is that he feels...happy, but also a little confused. He wonders if this was how Serena felt when she did it the first time, but he knows he feels happy because he was sharing this moment with her.