• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh sorry forgot about you xD. But I wasn't there in V1 and AshSerena said he was in V1 so I only remembered him in there. But yeah most of the people are gone now... :/

I've been here since Day 1 too lol. I just took a break in the middle.

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
So at what point did many of you become Amourshippers?
I know some of you likely did as soon as Serena was revealed. As much as I wanted to believe it, I was very cautious about becoming one at first because it'd never happened in the past and after the disastrous BW anime I had very low expectations going into XY. When XY started and I realized it was good I began to have more hopes, but again I felt at best we'd get the same level of hints as Misty did. When "A Battle by Any Other Name" aired, that's when I came on board. The scene where Miette asks Ash if he has anyone to "take care of him" and Serena has this deathstare from the side put me over the edge to finally become a shipper, and then when Miette confronts her about it and Serena doesn't even attempt to deny it cemented my belief in the ship going somewhere.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
I know some of you likely did as soon as Serena was revealed. As much as I wanted to believe it, I was very cautious about becoming one at first because it'd never happened in the past and after the disastrous BW anime I had very low expectations going into XY. When XY started and I realized it was good I began to have more hopes, but again I felt at best we'd get the same level of hints as Misty did. When "A Battle by Any Other Name" aired, that's when I came on board. The scene where Miette asks Ash if he has anyone to "take care of him" and Serena has this deathstare from the side put me over the edge to finally become a shipper, and then when Miette confronts her about it and Serena doesn't even attempt to deny it cemented my belief in the ship going somewhere.
Didn't become one 'til last year.

I used to be a Pokeshipper then an Advanceshipper because I mostly grew up with watching the OS and AG. I stopped watching the anime when they changed the voice actors in the dub because I didn't like the new voices. Few years later, I started to watch DP but never really got interested in it because it still has the terrible dub voices. I almost watched BW but thanks to the kind people in the outside world, I didn't because of how terrible BW was. When I started watching XY, I was kinda like meh, knowing the same cycle will continue until at the end of XY001, where Serena seems to knew Ash. After finding out that she has feelings for that idiot, I was immediately transformed to an amourshipper because the idea of a female companion having a canonical crush on Ash is intriguing for me as the concept is new and was never done before in the show. So I started to follow pretty much almost every episode of XY watching the subs until at this point to see where the ship will go. I almost abandoned ship because of the Kalos League fiasco, believing that Serena will suffer the same fate as Ash's previous companions. After the salt has washed away, I decided to make a return and hold on to my hopes to see this ship's conclusion (thanks for the dudes who kept their optimism).

Now that we have that satisfying conclusion that I've (and we've) been longing for, I'm glad I became an Amourshipper to experience and enjoy that wonderful event that happened last week.

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

Well, I think I told this story already a billion times but, let's go again.

I was born in... Okay, wait, not that far. CUT CUT.
I grew up with AG and AP and was aware of OS. I didn't like that too much because I wanted to see new Pokémon so I screwed OS. I did like AG and I watched it entirely I think. I was still young so shipping was far from what I knew what it even was, so I was never a Advanceshipper. (Although I was aware of May blushing into Drew was a sign of... + I didn't took that seriously) Then DP came and I also liked it. I actually developed a hate against Paul but that's just me I hate mean people xD. But in the end I was fine with him because he learned not to be mean anymore. So DP was over, new series game out. This was also the first time Brock wasn't in the maincast anymore eventhough I thought he would last forever. Then BW came out and I had to go to High School so I had fewer and fewer time to watch the Animé still so I stopped.

This summer I heard of Pokémon GO and everybody was playing it like crazy. So I wanted to play it too. Wait what has this to do with the Animé? Hold your Ryhorns, I'm not done yet! So I got interest back in Pokémon and found out about Smogon. I strated playing that and I remembered I use Serebii a lot for Pokémon info and moves etc.. So 1 day I visited Serebii and was looking to the right. I saw that there was a League going on. I was thinking it was still from BW but after some searching I realized this was not BW anymore but a whole new series! I didn't fully got my interest yet but I decided to take a peak at the XY(Z) series. So I watched the 1 episode. And Yay, I was happy there was a new girl (screw Iris sorry) and she seemed to known Ash from before. So I watched till episode 7 I think and realized that this girl had a crush on Ash and holy you should have seen my face that moment xD.

So from that day I rushed through XY and wacthed very episode. I did like 3 hours a day and I liked it. Especially with all those 'Amour' hints I found it pretty interesting. I didn't know this had a name but bumped into PRB and his 'Amour videos' where I learned a lot from. That's when I really got interested because I felt like I was not alone who liked the ship. And I didn't know it had a large fanbase but after a lot of talking here and there I realized most of the people were just like me. They got interested back in the Animé because of this ship. So here we are, today, 3 November 2016. Still can't believe what happened previous week. I wonder what people will think if they get in to this seris id it is already ended but they haven't seen it. BUt they accidentally bumped into a 'Serena kisses Ash' video. I what would have happened if Pokémon GO never came out. It would mean I never came back for Animé and would've never met Amour. Thanks God Niantic for Pokémon GO xD.

sunofdarkchild

Only became one in the past few months. Hearing about how XY was different, including through amoushipping, along with Pokemon Go, got me back into the series after missing almost everything since movie 2.

Hys7eriX

I guess it depends on your standard for what constitutes an Amourshipper? XD I was late to the Amourshipping party, so my first taste of it was from fanarts of Ash and Serena. Standard fare for his traveling companions, but I liked all of his ships with his female companions (never shipped any seriously though until Amour). So I guess in the broadest sense, that's when I became an Amourshipper. After XY7 was when it first occurred to me that she genuinely seemed interested in Ash, and when I actually started rooting for her. And the end of XY26, after Miette gave Serena her parting shot about Ash, I was fully expecting the standard blushing, stammering "I-I-It's not like that!" or some variation. So imagine my surprise when Serena made no attempt to deny her feelings. That was definitely when I became a hardcore Amourshipper.

Ah, and also, XY11, during the handhold scene. It was such a small moment, but watching Ash be so gentlemanly toward her made me wonder if they were actually planning to go somewhere with the ship for once.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

BUt they accidentally bumped into a 'Serena kisses Ash' video. I what would have happened if Pokémon GO never came out. It would mean I never came back for Animé and would've never met Amour. Thanks God Niantic for Pokémon GO xD.

Funnily enough, I remember bumping into a fake Dawn kisses Ash video back about 4-5 years ago. I thought this actually happened in the show but later discovered it was a fake.

Now, if someone bumps into a Serena kisses Ash video, they'll discover that video was actually legit and they might become interested in the ship. I think.

As for my Amourshipping venture, I was late to the party. I started watching XY/Z in April after watching a shipping video for some reason and a XYZ review. I became interested in Amour from episode 2. After Serena watched Ash in TV. There was something in how Serena watched Ash that got me really intrigued in her character and her relationship with Ash. I never looked back and I became an Amourshipper. I watched the episodes and I held a hope that one day Serena will get together with her Ashy. There was ups and downs and I finally finished the dub. Then the subs and finally caught up with everyone around XYZ28. I joined the forums around this time and become an active shipper, a first for me. If my sig didn't tell you, I'm a very positive person. So I never truly lost hope, even after that league fiasco. I held on to my hopes that the ship will get a conclusion. Well, my wishes became true.

I probably said too much.

3vr1m

So a new pairing in todays special ? Well, slowly I get a feeling that since Kalos is set in France and France is famous for "love" the hole shippings in the xy&z Saga were just a running gag alongside with the France motive. How many couples we had ? 4 ? That must be a new highscore for the anime. I hope that this wasnt just a one time deal with the anime, especially because of amour.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Funnily enough, I remember bumping into a fake Dawn kisses Ash video back about 4-5 years ago. I thought this actually happened in the show but later discovered it was a fake.

Now, if someone bumps into a Serena kisses Ash video, they'll discover that video was actually legit and they might become interested in the ship. I think.

As for my Amourshipping venture, I was late to the party. I started watching XY/Z in April after watching a shipping video for some reason and a XYZ review. I became interested in Amour from episode 2. After Serena watched Ash in TV. There was something in how Serena watched Ash that got me really intrigued in her character and her relationship with Ash. I never looked back and I became an Amourshipper. I watched the episodes and I held a hope that one day Serena will get together with her Ashy. There was ups and downs and I finally finished the dub. Then the subs and finally caught up with everyone around XYZ28. I joined the forums around this time and become an active shipper, a first for me. If my sig didn't tell you, I'm a very positive person. So I never truly lost hope, even after that league fiasco. I held on to my hopes that the ship will get a conclusion. Well, my wishes became true.

I probably said too much.

Ha, I know the feeling. Back in the Advance days, there was a (very poorly made) image of Ash and May kissing, and I remember debunking it.
I also remember not signing a petition to Advance to, well, advance, and being insulted for not doing that. Good times.

So a new pairing in todays special ? Well, slowly I get a feeling that since Kalos is set in France and France is famous for "love" the hole shippings in the xy&z Saga were just a running gag alongside with the France motive. How many couples we had ? 4 ? That must be a new highscore for the anime. I hope that this wasnt just a one time deal with the anime, especially because of amour.

Your feeling is at least 3 years late. It had been confirmed that Kalos is indeed based on France.

A feeling I get is that we're starting to discuss seniority in the Amour fleet (isn't that an awesome name?)
I've been here since before the series started, but my first post in the first Amour thread was deleted, for some reason. I came back after XY007, like many people here. I've done so much for this pairing, it's amazing they haven't made me a character. Looks like I'm gonna have to do that too.

3vr1m

Ha, I know the feeling. Back in the Advance days, there was a (very poorly made) image of Ash and May kissing, and I remember debunking it.
I also remember not signing a petition to Advance to, well, advance, and being insulted for not doing that. Good times.

Your feeling is at least 3 years late. It had been confirmed that Kalos is indeed based on France.

A feeling I get is that we're starting to discuss seniority in the Amour fleet (isn't that an awesome name?)
I've been here since before the series started, but my first post in the first Amour thread was deleted, for some reason. I came back after XY007, like many people here. I've done so much for this pairing, it's amazing they haven't made me a character. Looks like I'm gonna have to do that too.

Well I know that this has been confirmed, but what I was saying is, that the writters did put so many romances into the series on purpose because of that france theme, so now with that alola theme, romance could be cut down since it doesnt fit into the theme of the region anymore.

I wish I would be here since the beginning. I started watching the anime again when I viewed a Video about the most popular shipping in Pokemon and was kinda surprised that Amour was first and I didnt know who she was back then. So I started watching xy on german netflix about 6 months ago. After a while I wanted to know how other people see this ship and with my search I found this thread and yeah the rest is history ^^

Red Pheonix

You want roles in the SS Amour ship? The first guard wasn't assigned any names in the SS Amour ship so far.

I sometimes wonder how the post xyz Amour fandom will turn out like. It's been just one week and it remains how it will turn out in the future.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
You want roles in the SS Amour ship? The first guard wasn't assigned any names in the SS Amour ship so far.

I sometimes wonder how the post xyz Amour fandom will turn out like. It's been just one week and it remains how it will turn out in the future.

Just a question but what is SS Amour actually? I've seen it from zeldafan and tried to open it but I need a account for that. What's it all about?

Red Pheonix

Just a question but what is SS Amour actually? I've seen it from zeldafan and tried to open it but I need a account for that. What's it all about?

No not that ship! I mean remember calling Omegaz a captain? Ship musicians? That ship.

Why don't you ask zeldafan128 about it? And you don't need an account to look at it, you need an account to post something.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

It stands for "Single-Screw Steamship", what that means, I don't know, it's just a naval prefix we've taken hold of. Similar to S.S. Anne, S.S. Aqua or S.S. Tidal.

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
Something on my mind earlier is that whenever Serena eventually returns (for a few episodes, permanently, whichever), it will be funny to see the reactions of the other people in the SM anime. They'll all have only known the goofy comic Ash that we're getting in SM and then suddenly Serena shows up and starts acting all lovey-dovey around him (and hopefully Ash will be this way too). I would imagine people like Mallow will be entirely dumbfounded by this change in atmosphere.

Red Pheonix

Something on my mind earlier is that whenever Serena eventually returns (for a few episodes, permanently, whichever), it will be funny to see the reactions of the other people in the SM anime. They'll all have only known the goofy comic Ash that we're getting in SM and then suddenly Serena shows up and starts acting all lovey-dovey around him (and hopefully Ash will be this way too). I would imagine people like Mallow will be entirely dumbfounded by this change in atmosphere.

I don't think Ash will act all lovey-dovey though I expect him to act.................interesting. It would be funny if Ashy boy acted a little awkward thought that's really OC for him to do. I expect him to act a little calmer around Serena. The others get surprised why he suddenly is less goofy.

Or you know, the usual happens. Idiot Ash + Facepalm Serena or Oblivious Ash + Tomato Serena.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I don't think Ash will act all lovey-dovey though I expect him to act.................interesting. It would be funny if Ashy boy acted a little awkward thought that's really OC for him to do. I expect him to act a little calmer around Serena. The others get surprised why he suddenly is less goofy.

Or you know, the usual happens. Idiot Ash + Facepalm Serena or Oblivious Ash + Tomato Serena.

= Cuteness overload. Actually how many times did we get a facepalm? Maybe 5 times. XYZ 46 was the last time we got one xD. (If you count that one)

And I hope the SM reputation get's higher and less comedic. If not I don't see Serena coming back because it would also ruin her reputation.

Red Pheonix

= Cuteness overload. Actually how many times did we get a facepalm? Maybe 5 times. XYZ 46 was the last time we got one xD. (If you count that one)

And I hope the SM reputation get's higher and less comedic. If not I don't see Serena coming back because it would also ruin her reputation.

Can you count them up for me? I can't seem to remember them. And what facepalm in XYZ46?

Let's judge SM after watching the first few episodes, okay? If you don't like Ash, pick a character to look out for. I decided that to be Lana. Cuz she has blue hair and another reason I'm keeping a secret now.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Can you count them up for me? I can't seem to remember them. And what facepalm in XYZ46?

Let's judge SM after watching the first few episodes, okay? If you don't like Ash, pick a character to look out for. I decided that to be Lana. Cuz she has blue hair and another reason I'm keeping a secret now.

That facepalm when Greninja got hit by a car (but he didn't). But it's not a facepalm actually but a... I don't have a name for that xD.

And I for people to look out for? Hmmm. Since everybody is going with Lillie I should pick someone else. I'll go with Sophocles. I kinda like his Pokémon (forgot name but it was cute ;) )

Actually if Serena still joins in I hope they don't make it a comical gag where she hopelessly tries to get his attention, that would ruin her last episode in XYZ.

BTW talking about that scene, it's funny how Versilify made that video about it hating on us, he keeps getting more and more dislikes. Even people who are subscribed to him are unsubbing. This shows of that even people who are neutral kinda see the ship as something to respect. It's nice that people show respect to the ship even they are not supporting it.