• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

PokeMaster366

We're still seeing those spoilers. Those who replied to the spoilers should edit their comments or delete it. I haven't read it yet thank Arceus but I fear someone else will by accident.

Amourshipping wise, Lillie will not post a threat, not unless Serena's seal is broken by Ash himself.

The spoiler is finally covered; luckily, there weren't any severe spoilers in regards to the plot of the game.

sunofdarkchild

If the story of Sun and Moon is good enough that it's actually worth getting upset over spoiling the plot of a Pokemon game then maybe amourshipping does have something to worry about.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I want to highly apologize for not putting the spoiler tags on mutiple spots. I hope you'll all forgive me. I got hyped so I wasn't aware of what I was doing so my first reaction was to post the news. Put I realized I could have spoiled so many stuff (luckily I didn't went full spoil mode) but I forgot many of you will still play the game.

Anyway, we need to go back on topic before this thread will shut down again. So what are your thought on it right now?

Navin

MALDREAD
You shouldn't be surprised if they start teasing ships in S&M or subsequent generations. It has been done before, and they'll keep doing it if it interests people to keep watching.

volcanionmaster123

You shouldn't be surprised if they start teasing ships in S&M or subsequent generations. It has been done before, and they'll keep doing it if it interests people to keep watching.

Normally I'd agree with you, but that kiss kinda ruined that, at least for all the "future" Satoshi "ships" lol

They could choose to have Serena not appear, but what she did aka dat lips peck unfortunately can't be retconned, no matter how much you and I (me as a former salty Pokeshipper), want it to

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Normally I'd agree with you, but that kiss kinda ruined that, at least for all the "future" Satoshi "ships" lol

They could choose to have Serena not appear, but what she did aka dat lips peck unfortunately can't be retconned, no matter how much you and I (me as a former salty Pokeshipper), want it to

nah, i don't let the events of one ship ruin my enjoyment of another. i shipped ash and serena (sorta) during xy, and now i'm gonna ship ash with his harem during s/m. the joys of being a multishipper :p (so far my favorite is pearl).

Navin

MALDREAD

As long as they don't ever confirm Ash's side to anyone, then they are free to keep doing whatever they want in this gen and all future gens.

It doesn't have to be retconned. It happened, but it could just not mean anything.

volcanionmaster123

As long as they don't ever confirm Ash's side to anyone, then they are free to keep doing whatever they want in this gen and all future gens.

It doesn't have to be retconned. It happened, but it could just not mean anything.

The issue with that is considering that this IS the first lips kiss in the history of this kid's show, it not meaning anything in the end IS a retcon in a way, otherwise what was the point of it even existing? Bait? A lips kiss isn't really bait cause that rarely happens in shows like these, if ever. So there's really no conceivable way to brush it aside without it feeling forced. They might as well not have had that scene in the first place

For what you said first, any shipping in any show is just view bait unless the writers actually do something with it (again unfortunately, Satosere barely escaped that fate with the kiss). Bait usually doesn't last long... so they can't pull off a Serena every single time before people get tired of it

As for future gens, I do see ship teasing from other characters, just not with Satoshi until they feel it's time to address the kiss (which I personally think they will considering the way it was done)

Feraleaguehater

The issue with that is considering that this IS the first lips kiss in the history of this kid's show, it not meaning anything in the end IS a retcon in a way, otherwise what was the point of it even existing? Bait? A lips kiss isn't really bait cause that rarely happens in shows like these, if ever. So there's really no conceivable way to brush it aside without it feeling forced. They might as well not have had that scene in the first place

For what you said first, any shipping in any show is just view bait unless the writers actually do something with it (again unfortunately, Satosere barely escaped that fate with the kiss). Bait usually doesn't last long... so they can't pull off a Serena every single time before people get tired of it

As for future gens, I do see ship teasing from other characters, just not with Satoshi until they feel it's time to address the kiss (which I personally think they will considering the way it was done)

Also, this was the first time the love of a female companion for Ash was "officialized". (Also, once again...a freaking kiss happened). But yeah, i don't want to discuss why AshxSerena is different all over again...(i know i can't win).

Suffice it to say, if they are intent on repeating stuff and make the crush/love of another character towards Ash as obvious as it was it Serena, then i just won't take it seriously unless he blatantly reciprocrates those feelings.

If S&M is indeed a sequel and not an alternative universe i can see them doing some ship teasing but not officializing any crush towards Ash. I don't think they'd actually add the harem genre to the show.

Feraleaguehater

Yeah but they can dorp off Amour at any point. Why? Because they can if they want. XYZ failed HORRIBLY in ratings so there isn't much to lose there

You could say that they can do whatever they want at any point regarding anything. I'm not sure where you got the info about ratings but other than ratings there's also a built fanbase(also there's likely no relation between not-positive ratings and amourshipping itself). The fanbase can be attracted to a show or demoved from watching it depending on the show's decisions. And there's a huge fanbase around amourshipping, that's all i'm saying. Story-wise it makes sense, marketing wise it makes sense. If anything, i think the ratings would go lower if a show whose main characters are 10-13 years old introduced harem as one of its genres. Yes, we can say "they can do anything, they don't have to follow any logic", but that discussion leads us nowhere.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I see Amourshipping as a mere experiment for what works and doesn't. It is something not within the comfort range of anyone in the anime department, so they needed to get their feet wet just in case they wanted to create a more serious scenario, which is why the one-sided aspect was emphasized. Making a two-sided canon runs the risk of limiting future options and marketing opportunity for those characters. Yes, there are always ways around these holes, but why would you create these avoidable holes in the first place. I don't think anything romantic will happen in SM, because the numbers don't lie whether you think it is relevant or not and the department is in the hot seat and is pressured to get some changes in immediately. After SM, the cycle might continue and we get some plethora of changes again that leads to an actual two-sided romantic plot which might involve Ash. However, they will only do this if they intend to wrap up Ash's run and attempt to milk up some last-minute attention and give a good impression for the next protagonist. Point is, the writers/producers will do whatever the heck they want with Ash, as long as it meets these criteria: profit, flexibility, and attention. As far as I see it, starting a fresh ship enables more flexibility, potentially captures more attention, and creates more profit by showcasing the new character better.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
To be completely honest, I just can't see the writers pulling Serena's shtick off with Lillie, Mallow, Lana, etc. Sure, they CAN if they want to, but in the long run, the idea would not be well received IMO. Yeah, the children who watch the show may think it's funny, cute, w.e, but older fans, like myself and many others, would frankly feel like we've been slapped in the face. The way the finale played out and Serena's last words to Ash really has me believing that we'll see their story progress together again sometime in the future. One can dream, right? :p

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Em you don't write the naime, I may soudn rude but jsut because "you won't like it" doesn't means it won't happen, sory to be so mean but we don't produce this anime let alone manage its decisiions, they can easily hint more pairings with Ash as long as he's obliviosu to love.
And the anime ahs left plotshanging in the air before so it won't be much of a surprise if Amour also joins the ranks

Do you think a ksis will stop that? Let's be realistical they can kill off any plot they setted up if they wish to. It's their anime not ours

You're right the anime is theirs not ours. We have no control over it. They can easily kill off the kiss by simply making another ship canon. They can just forget about amourshipping in the long run as well.....But who's to stop them from making it happen either?They've already made a lot of things that makes amourshipping stand out compared to the rest. The childhood, the crush, the 'suppose' date, the 'suppose' confession, Serena's goal and of course the kiss. Not to mention, Ash and Serena's interaction throughout the series remains one of the best chemistry between Ash and a main heroine.

Maybe you see it that Amour will lose someday but for most of us here would say it's the other way around. I'm not saying that there's a guarantee that the shipping will go canon but you can't say it will sink either. The point is, none of us know what will happen in the future because none of us have the control over the anime because as you've said, Anipoke has the control all over it. They can hint more romantic shipping with Ash but they can't either. No one can really say. Maybe your idea is that they can easily create a new girl that can destroy Amourshipping but for us, amourshipping is the highest peak that they have created between Ash and a main heroine. Of course, none of these at the moment are a 100% guarantee and that's why we speculate.

You see it in a different way than us. I'm not saying that your idea is wrong but it does contradict to what most of us are thinking for the ship, after all, this thread won't be named amourshipping for nothing. And I'm not saying that your are not allowed to give a negative idea about the shipping but you should expect that most of us will tell you otherwise. ;)

My last thought, as of now, no one at the moment can top off what Serena have done and it's not just the kiss or the goal she have revealed. Serena have shown a lot of hints that Ash is an important person to her and as of now, no other Pokegirl can reach what she have achieved with Ash. So until then, Amourshipping will stand strong.

Last edited:

volcanionmaster123

Em you don't write the naime, I may soudn rude but jsut because "you won't like it" doesn't means it won't happen, sory to be so mean but we don't produce this anime let alone manage its decisiions, they can easily hint more pairings with Ash as long as he's obliviosu to love.
And the anime ahs left plotshanging in the air before so it won't be much of a surprise if Amour also joins the ranks

What's with the apology lol I ain't even a Satosere shipper

I never disagreed with you that they can technically kill off the plot if they so choose. But it also goes the other way, it was also their choice to add in that scene that the episode definitely could've have gone without. Doing a bold move like that and then forgetting about it is in my eyes just a waste of effort. Forget the fanbase for a sec, making it harder on yourself is just not logical. They definitely could've killed the shipping so much easier through normal means. Again, as much as I didn't want it to happen and mean something, it did, and I'll call it as I see it

Navin

MALDREAD
I see Amourshipping as a mere experiment for what works and doesn't.

Thing is, it wasn't even an experiment. They wrote romantic subplots, and better handled ones at that, between Ash/Misty (especially in Orange Islands) and May/Drew in Hoenn back when the series started. They could have easily done a better job with SatoSere, but chose to leave it one-sided all series with a hopeful tease at the very end that they could always just conveniently forget about if necessary.

I never disagreed with you that they can technically kill off the plot if they so choose. But it also goes the other way, it was also their choice to add in that scene that the episode definitely could've have gone without. Doing a bold move like that and then forgetting about it is in my eyes just a waste of effort. Forget the fanbase for a sec, making it harder on yourself is just not logical. They definitely could've killed the shipping so much easier through normal means. Again, as much as I didn't want it to happen and mean something, it did, and I'll call it as I see it

They threw a bone to the shippers who waited all series for something. It won't stop them for doing more of these in the future if they wanted, especially if her character pulls an Iris and doesn't show up in the main series in S&M (or beyond).

They aren't going to follow the "logic" if they don't care about it enough to keep referencing it.

Feraleaguehater

What's with the apology lol I ain't even a Satosere shipper

One of the reasons why i wanted it to happen but did not expect the confession + kiss(especially after previous letdowns) was because it felt like doing so would be a compromise with either the following series being an unparallel break with every series which came before it or Serena eventually reappearing in the future.

They could have just wanted to satisfy amourshippers to make them interested in the next series, but in that case it wouldn't make any sense to ship Ash with another person in said next series. While i am satisfied with the conclusion we've got even if Serena no longer appears in the show, from the perspective of the writers it would have been easier not to push the whole thing so far and to endure some temporary saltiness from amourshippers like myself.

It could be a test to tell the viewers that "what you got is just a sneak peek, reciprocate love will definitely be a thing in the next series with the next ship", but this is a message directed to a specific type of viewers: mainly those who just want to see characters in a relationship regardless of who the characters are or pairing of a character is and their respective personalities and character development. As i don't consider myself this kind of viewer, this "experiment" would have an impact opposite to the desired one on me...it would make me not believe in the ship in the next series. Truth be told, i can understand if some pokeshippers(apparently specially those who watched the dubbed version) felt this way about future Ash ships when Misty left, but i don't think any remaining ship other than AshxSerena was pushed to the extent i'm talking about.

volcanionmaster123

Thing is, it wasn't even an experiment. They wrote romantic subplots, and better handled ones at that, between Ash/Misty (especially in Orange Islands) and May/Drew in Hoenn back when the series started. They could have easily done a better job with SatoSere, but chose to leave it one-sided all series with a hopeful tease at the very end that they could always just conveniently forget about if necessary.

They threw a bone to the shippers who waited all series for something. It won't stop them for doing more of these in the future if they wanted, especially if her character pulls an Iris and doesn't show up in the main series in S&M (or beyond).

They aren't going to follow the "logic" if they don't care about it enough to keep referencing it.

Yeah um am I watching the same show as you? I'm pretty sure they have a pretty terrible track record with romance especially how badly they handled Satoshi/Misty, which again still pisses me off to this day and which was why I gave up on shipping altogether. They pretty much retconned the ship in Johto. Point is all of them were handled bad, including Satosere to a certain extent. Hell, I consider the teases with Satosere actually similar to Satoshi/Misty just with more frequency with the added kiss and without the "I now understand how you feel about me" ending in the bad way. In a way, Satoshi/Misty ironically felt even more one-sided from her saying that

As for the last thing you said, you're absolutely right, but they DID care enough to add it in, so take that as you will lol

EDIT: I completely understand if you were one of the old Satosere shippers that ended up being disgruntled by the teases, trust me, I know the feeling with Misty, but this is Pokemon. I never expected this shipping to go anywhere at least in the beginning. I fully expected them to constantly tease and **** with us and then wait until the VERY end to do something. That happens all the time with these types of shows. Expecting a kiss mid-series is just setting your expectations way too high and leads to to disappointment

Last edited:

volcanionmaster123

I've been hearing people saying Serena will not return/ Satosere will be killed off just because of the different art style. I have no clue where this nonsense/Bull**** came from. If they want to bring back Satosere/Serena, it's because it's their choice. If her character and subplot can be deemed to fit in the SM/future anime story, they'll bring it back. If not, they won't. Simple as that. Y'all are only saying this cause you don't wanna see her art style change lol. If they do kill off Satosere, that's also their own choice

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I've been hearing people saying Serena will not return/ Satosere will be killed off just because of the different art style. I have no clue where this nonsense/Bull**** came from. If they want to bring back Satosere/Serena, it's because it's their choice. If her character and subplot can be deemed to fit in the SM/future anime story, they'll bring it back. If not, they won't. Simple as that. Y'all are only saying this cause you don't wanna see her art style change lol. If they do kill off Satosere, that's also their own choice

This is what I'm tryign to get across Amour isn't "Safe" or "Endangered" because its up to the writers.
I honestly recomend to be ready fro the worst