• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

It's the female Ace Trainer as she has that visor-hat thing (don't know what these are called) and the May-esque hairstyle.

As for the ship's future, I really don't care what will happen anymore since the ship is pretty much close to canon. We got what we want (the confession and the kiss) and we pretty much enjoyed most of our time supporting it so it's time to move on and to our own way.

Now, I'm not saying that you guys should jump ship to AshxLillie, AshxMallow, AshxKiawe, or other ships. I'm saying is that we should now move on from this ship while cherishing the memories that Amour had given us in the past three years.

If you support other ships then fine, go ahead. We won't mind. Just don't spam "amour is dead, ashxlillie wins" or something like that in every social media site.

With that, I think I will no longer support any future AshxMainGirl since all hopes of future Ash ships going canon or being close to it is pretty much destroyed by Serena's lips so I guess there's nothing to worry about.

Ok so every amourshippers on Twitter are already going crazy , our community is so funny https://twitter.com/joelanthonyoje1/status/798116426901032960?lang=fr If you have a Twitter please try to calm down these people because that will bring fake hope and people will be disappointed later xD

I feel the same way as you CDVEN , I try to come here when I can but now our "Amourshippers life" is done until Serena come back , no need to worry about others shipping stuff because they will never let Ash kiss another girl imo , that's not in the Japan culture and that will give a negative picture to the Japan kids.

Red Pheonix

Ok so every amourshippers on Twitter are already going crazy , our community is so funny https://twitter.com/joelanthonyoje1/status/798116426901032960?lang=fr If you have a Twitter please try to calm down these people because that will bring fake hope and people will be disappointed later xD

I feel the same way as you CDVEN , I try to come here when I can but now our "Amourshippers life" is done until Serena come back , no need to worry about others shipping stuff because they will never let Ash kiss another girl imo , that's not in the Japan culture and that will give a negative picture to the Japan kids.

CDVEN said it right. Amour had a damn fine run and it got a damn fine ending. We got almost everything of what we wanted when we started shipping the two. And until Serena comes back, I really wouldn't bring Amour's fate in SM.

And I have the same view as you. Probably it's bias, but I can't see the writers setting up another girl with Ash after what they did with Amour. If they do, I probably won't be watching the show at that point.

Besides, I found something new in my Amour adventures. Writing. Even if Serena doesn't come back in SM, I still will be able to enjoy Amour.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Guys, check this out: https://mobile.twitter.com/Momo13265/status/798124006977089536

If this turns out to be true, then Amourshipping might be in more danger than we imagined. But I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday for our fears to be confirmed or dispelled.

I think it may have something to do with Pikachu, I mean, you can see Pikachu at the other side and Ash may have been looking for him. He probably got distracted when he sees Pikachu along with some Pokemon he never saw before and Lillie may just happen to be on the other side as well. (That or he mistaken Lillie for his dear Serena XD)

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

Heekful

Guys, check this out: https://mobile.twitter.com/Momo13265/status/798124006977089536

If this turns out to be true, then Amourshipping might be in more danger than we imagined. But I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday for our fears to be confirmed or dispelled.

That could be true (I knew Aya Matsui being the main writer was not good for us but that's not the case here) but I don't get why the writers let Ash kisses a girl on the lips and then let him have a crush on another girl what is the next step ? Ash kisses Brock when he come back from Alola and then Mr.Mime ? Come on...

If this is true I guess I won't be mad I just leave Pokemon for the rest of my life I don't have time for a troll show , I will just play games like I did before X/Y anime.

The Pikachu theory could be true but I don't see Ash let Pikachu by itself with others Pokemon and not knowing where it is.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
That could be true (I knew Aya Matsui being the main writer was not good for us but that's not the case here) but I don't get why the writers let Ash kisses a girl on the lips and then let him have a crush on another girl what is the next step ? Ash kisses Brock when he come back from Alola and then Mr.Mime ? Come on...

If this is true I guess I won't be mad I just leave Pokemon for the rest of my life I don't have time for a troll show , I will just play games like I did before X/Y anime.

The Pikachu theory could be true but I don't see Ash let Pikachu by itself with others Pokemon and not knowing where it is.

Again, calm down.

With the comedic nature that the show is headed to then it's more likely to be the Pikachu one. It would be so out of character for Ash (even in S/M) to suddenly be attracted to a girl considering his track record when it comes to girls (well except for Giselle but nothing really came out of it, and Serena since she broke through his dense skull using her lips before it regenerated between XYZ and S/M). The scene would probably be similar to the Iron Tail Pikachu moment where Serena thought that Ash is going to confess.So in this scene, Lillie thought that Ash is attracted to her but realizes that he is attracted to the Pokemon that Pikachu was playing with.

Plus, a romance subplot similar to XYZ would seem out of place since S/M is headed for the comedy direction and Harem anime direction

No worries, it's probably just another troll moment like the Iron Tail Pikachu in XYZ28 but instead of Serena, it's Lillie.

Please don't jump into conclusions.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Again, calm down.

With the comedic nature that the show is headed to then it's more likely to be the Pikachu one. It would be so out of character for Ash (even in S/M) to suddenly be attracted to a girl considering his track record when it comes to girls (well except for Serena since she broke through his dense skull with her kiss before it regenerated between XYZ and S/M). The scene would probably be similar to the Iron Tail Pikachu moment where Serena thought that Ash is going to confess so in this scene, Lillie thought that Ash is attracted to her but realizes that he is attracted to the Pokemon that Pikachu was playing with.

Plus, a romance subplot similar to XYZ would seem out of place since S/M is headed for the comedy direction and Harem anime direction

No worries, it's probably just another troll moment like the Iron Tail Pikachu in XYZ28 but instead of Serena, it's Lillie.

Please don't jump into conclusions.

I'm sincerely hoping that you're right as right now, I have never been more worried about Amour's fate. The pictures on that tweet just seem to match up too well IMO. Here's hoping it's just a troll like you said but I guess we'll find out for certain on Thursday.

Heekful

I'm sincerely hoping that you're right as right now, I have never been more worried about Amour's fate. The pictures on that tweet just seem to match up too well IMO. Here's hoping it's just a troll like you said but I guess we'll find out for certain on Thursday.

Yeah I really hope he is right too. I guess we'll find out thursday...
If you want to feel better remember that Ash looks still really dense in this picture http://imgur.com/PnR5L83

I don't think Ash would react like this if he had a crush on Lillie... But yeah that's Ash we're talking about so...

3vr1m

Guys chill down, we havent watched the episode yet didnt we? Remember the first preview of xyz47 and when everyone thougttheir goodbye would be a simple wink ? We know how that turned out right ? I don get why you panic here, we got a freaking kiss, when the writers would do something like making ash crushing on a other girl AFTER he got his first kiss from another girl, than gg. No exec can be so stupid, that would be ruining their fandom they got back after x&y.

Imo this could go from "wow is that serena? She looks like her!" To "I smell delicious food!" Or "wow whats that kind of pokemon?"

Moral of the story calm down and watch the episode before making any new theories

Epicocity

Guys chill down, we havent watched the episode yet didnt we? Remember the first preview of xyz47 and when everyone thougttheir goodbye would be a simple wink ? We know how that turned out right ? I don get why you panic here, we got a freaking kiss, when the writers would do something like making ash crushing on a other girl AFTER he got his first kiss from another girl, than gg. No exec can be so stupid, that would be ruining their fandom they got back after x&y.

Imo this could go from "wow is that serena? She looks like her!" To "I smell delicious food!" Or "wow whats that kind of pokemon?"

Moral of the story calm down and watch the episode before making any new theories

Thank you for this! Though I doubt many will listen, sadly. More likely than not, it's the latter. He sees Popplio, Bounsweet and Togedemaru and is standing there like "whoa, what are those?" At worst, maybe he sees Lillie recoiling from the Pokemon and wonder what the heck is going on with this weird chick. None of these are a threat to Amour in any way, shape or form. You guys are taking unofficial sources and extrapolating them to suit your worst fears.

Please stop spreading rampant fear in the community over unknown things. It's not healthy for any of us.

Neatolzy

Less than three weeks after Serena runs up and plants one on Ash out of nowhere (ok well she did have feelings but no one really expected it), we're back to the whole "Amourshipping is dead" state. Where's Omegaz when you need him. Given the fact that Serena, who's arguably more popular than Clemont and Bonnie, didn't get a special, I think it's fairly safe to assume she'll make some kind of appearance in Sun and Moon. This could be a cameo at least or, as I hope, she returns to stay and travel with Ash throughout Alola. Even if it is just for a cameo, I have a hard time imagining that they try to ignore the fact that the kiss happened so I think it will be addressed. And again, shy girl Serena ran up and kissed Ash; I'm not too worried about the new girls with Ash unless they surpass that or Ash starts showing that he has feelings for them. I think it would be funny to have a shipping war with the new characters until Serena comes back and is like "he's mine!". Although I enjoyed the moment with Serena kissing Ash, I have a hard time appreciating it as "resolved" until the two of them acknowledge it and talk about it (i.e., Ash either reciprocates or not).

I've seen that guy post stuff before, he tends towards the trolling Amourshippers camp. I wouldn't dismiss what he says relating to Pokemon shippings out of hand but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

THANK YOU!

As I've mentioned before, I *highly* doubt the writers would try to push a new romance with Ash, because of a few reasons. The most prevalent ones are:

1) It wouldn't be fresh or unique since we just experienced one of the best ships ever (IMO) between Serena & Ash.

2) I don't think the fandom would react as positive as they'd probably think. I know their target audience is children in Japan but still, even then, their attention spans aren't that short & they'd probably be like, "Wait, what about Serena?"

In conclusion, let's all take a deep breath, relax, and wait for the premiere. :)

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

The only theory that I can think of is: Serena broke Ash his denseness and now he starts to liking other girls. So not only Serena, but more xD. Would be funny if it really turns out but IF Ash breaks, he'll not break for one person because that's not how love works.

Anyway, it's funny how this thread is getting ups and downs because yesterday was kinda quite.

(Also, if Ash ends up with crushing on Lillie anyway, it doesn't mean Lillie loves him back. So Ash gets rejected and realizes he has another option left xD)

Red Pheonix

The only theory that I can think of is: Serena broke Ash his denseness and now he starts to liking other girls. So not only Serena, but more xD. Would be funny if it really turns out but IF Ash breaks, he'll not break for one person because that's not how love works.

Anyway, it's funny how this thread is getting ups and downs because yesterday was kinda quite.

(Also, if Ash ends up with crushing on Lillie anyway, it doesn't mean Lillie loves him back. So Ash gets rejected and realizes he has another option left xD)

I got better. They love each other but Lilie dies(idk if it happens in the games). Then Ash loves Serena. It would be like in Avatar: The Last Airbender, how Sokka loves the white haired girl, then she's gone, and later he gets it on with Suki.

Okay, we should keep Ashlie discussion to a minimum. So something something Amour. Idk, I ran out of topics.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I got better. They love each other but Lilie dies(idk if it happens in the games). Then Ash loves Serena. It would be like in Avatar: The Last Airbender, how Sokka loves the white haired girl, then she's gone, and later he gets it on with Suki.

Okay, we should keep Ashlie discussion to a minimum. So something something Amour. Idk, I ran out of topics.

Lol Ashlie is not even confirmed name yet, it's just winning by 5%, but I like it. (Where does Aurelia come from anyway?)

And about Amour topics, someone who has a new fanfic? That will keep the people busy xD. I currently have no time to do something but writing looks fun to me.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Lol Ashlie is not even confirmed name yet, it's just winning by 5%, but I like it. (Where does Aurelia come from anyway?)

And about Amour topics, someone who has a new fanfic? That will keep the people busy xD. I currently have no time to do something but writing looks fun to me.

As it sits, neither of them will be confirmed on the 18th when the poll ends. It's way too close to call, so it's just going to go into a runoff between the two. Aurelia comes from a species of jellyfish, if I'm not mistaken. Exactly who submitted it, I don't have the slightest idea.

Pheonix just wrote a new fanfic, if memory serves. It's up on the SS Amour, and probably on FF.net.

sunofdarkchild

Less than three weeks after Serena runs up and plants one on Ash out of nowhere (ok well she did have feelings but no one really expected it), we're back to the whole "Amourshipping is dead" state. Where's Omegaz when you need him. Given the fact that Serena, who's arguably more popular than Clemont and Bonnie, didn't get a special, I think it's fairly safe to assume she'll make some kind of appearance in Sun and Moon. This could be a cameo at least or, as I hope, she returns to stay and travel with Ash throughout Alola. Even if it is just for a cameo, I have a hard time imagining that they try to ignore the fact that the kiss happened so I think it will be addressed. And again, shy girl Serena ran up and kissed Ash; I'm not too worried about the new girls with Ash unless they surpass that or Ash starts showing that he has feelings for them. I think it would be funny to have a shipping war with the new characters until Serena comes back and is like "he's mine!". Although I enjoyed the moment with Serena kissing Ash, I have a hard time appreciating it as "resolved" until the two of them acknowledge it and talk about it (i.e., Ash either reciprocates or not).

My thoughts exactly.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh Lord, which one of you is saying that Serena not getting a special prior to Sun and Moon means she will make an appearance? Whoever you are, you should familiarize yourself with the airing patterns of Pokemon specials, particularly Iris' special after Best Wishes. That episode aired in late March of 2014, nearly 6 months after Cilan's special. Yet, Iris remains the only traveling companion to never appear on-screen again after the end of her series and its derivative specials, except for Max.

Heekful

Oh Lord, which one of you is saying that Serena not getting a special prior to Sun and Moon means she will make an appearance? Whoever you are, you should familiarize yourself with the airing patterns of Pokemon specials, particularly Iris' special after Best Wishes. That episode aired in late March of 2014, nearly 6 months after Cilan's special. Yet, Iris remains the only traveling companion to never appear on-screen again after the end of her series and its derivative specials, except for Max.

Don't get me wrong , I think the same way but Iris is not really a good example because her episode was announced in August 2013.
Look : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SS028 (check the preview thread in the credits if you don't believe me)
I heard that her special was airing during X/Y because of TVs problems (we should ask Dephender about that) so if Serena is going to have a special in the near future it would already be announced.

So maybe the writers is trying to change their way to announce special episode but that will sounds weird to announce another XY&Z special when the serie is done since 6 months or they want us to forget about Serena ... Or ... I don't know.