• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Link73

I'm, um, not entirely sure how that would be a spoiler, but we'll roll with it.

Anyways, it is quite an interesting hint, not at all unlike those coming from Oscar and Andi, Lyra, and Miette before them. The thing is that May, Dawn and Lana all denied having a romantic interest in Ash. Sure, that absurd blush might certainly suggest otherwise, but complete absurdity and being over the top is the entire point of the Sun and Moon series. Serena, on the other hand, never actually denied it when Miette accused her of having a crush. That's where the difference lies between Serena and Miette, and everyone else that came before and after at this point.

Let's say it was my way to "hide" what I meant with the asterisk hehehe

Epicocity

Here's the one I had in mind-

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11934023/1/Love-You-Now-Love-You-Always

I really haven't read it yet but it caught my attention because it got a lot of reviews. I never knew people actually read high-school fics.

Speaking of which, words has it that Ash is handling a baby with Lillie. If the rumors reach to Hoenn, a certain someone is definitely coming back..........

And please, someone make a fic list. I need some materials to practice my own writing skills later on.

Ah yes...that fic...I've read it, but a lot of the reviews tend to be the same people spam posting. That said, I don't think as many people read high school AU fics as you think they do in the Pokeani fandom. I find the most popular ones for Amour have the adventure flavor going for them such as mine, FanaticLaguy's, AmourshippingCanon's, potat's, etc. The problem with his story is a lack of conflict. The Amour is strong; lots and lots of Ash and Serena moments...but not much else.

In regards to ratings, romance and Amour: never take a fan site rating as gospel. TV ratings and "what I think of this" ratings aren't the same. In either case, you can always expect them to inevitably dip as it has every saga since. Perhaps Serena's return to fuel the Amour could spike ratings, but no one could say for sure.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Ah yes...that fic...I've read it, but a lot of the reviews tend to be the same people spam posting. That said, I don't think as many people read high school AU fics as you think they do in the Pokeani fandom. I find the most popular ones for Amour have the adventure flavor going for them such as mine, FanaticLaguy's, AmourshippingCanon's, potat's, etc. The problem with his story is a lack of conflict. The Amour is strong; lots and lots of Ash and Serena moments...but not much else.

In regards to ratings, romance and Amour: never take a fan site rating as gospel. TV ratings and "what I think of this" ratings aren't the same. In either case, you can always expect them to inevitably dip as it has every saga since. Perhaps Serena's return to fuel the Amour could spike ratings, but no one could say for sure.

Have to agree with you about that story. It was rather well done, but lacked any sort of conflict. Nothing happened in it at all to try and cause tension or a plot. It just turned into a generic story where everything went right for Ash and Serena. I'm not trying to say it's bad, it was good, just no conflict made it a little boring to me.

As for other stories there are a few I've read in the past:
-An Unexpected Union: A rather older fanfic (published way back in 2014, was completed January 2015) that changes a few events following Ash winning his 2nd Gym badge. The chance encounter of running into an old friend changes his life for the better. Yes, this is Amourshipping.
-Snowbelle of the Ball: A one-shot that is a good read. Though, it made me sad with the ending. Not that it was bad, but because of how it ends. Pretty much the group is in Snowbelle City when a winter festival/dance takes place and they decide to go.
-Lights of Laverre: A slight change of events in Laverre City. Still an excellent read just because of how the characters are written and the overall plot.
-Painful Loss: Another one-shot that is kind of sad but gives a different look on their relationship.
And of course:
-Ancien Series: Triology of stories along with a handful of one-shots. Very well done and exciting read.
-Lumiose University: Still being written but well done. Ash and friends go to a Pokemon school, not a typical AU high school fic.
-Gotta Catch that One: Long story that has a change from the MAster Class on but it is a fun read. Would recommend.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I will forever recommend When Those Sapphire Eyes Shone by Little Miss Midnight. It was one of the very first Amour fanfics, it's hybrid with Advance, it starts out pretty slow, and it certainly shows its age now, but it's still one of my favorites. After the beginning, it's great.

Epicocity

Have to agree with you about that story. It was rather well done, but lacked any sort of conflict. Nothing happened in it at all to try and cause tension or a plot. It just turned into a generic story where everything went right for Ash and Serena. I'm not trying to say it's bad, it was good, just no conflict made it a little boring to me.

As for other stories there are a few I've read in the past:
-An Unexpected Union: A rather older fanfic (published way back in 2014, was completed January 2015) that changes a few events following Ash winning his 2nd Gym badge. The chance encounter of running into an old friend changes his life for the better. Yes, this is Amourshipping.
-Snowbelle of the Ball: A one-shot that is a good read. Though, it made me sad with the ending. Not that it was bad, but because of how it ends. Pretty much the group is in Snowbelle City when a winter festival/dance takes place and they decide to go.
-Lights of Laverre: A slight change of events in Laverre City. Still an excellent read just because of how the characters are written and the overall plot.
-Painful Loss: Another one-shot that is kind of sad but gives a different look on their relationship.
And of course:
-Ancien Series: Triology of stories along with a handful of one-shots. Very well done and exciting read.
-Lumiose University: Still being written but well done. Ash and friends go to a Pokemon school, not a typical AU high school fic.
-Gotta Catch that One: Long story that has a change from the MAster Class on but it is a fun read. Would recommend.

Both Unexpected Union and Lights of Laverre are phenomenal fics. Both had me hooked from beginning to end. Especially Laverre. That story and the writer has such wonderful and beautiful diction with his words that the emotions just come flowing off of the page. Really a beautiful Amour story from start to finish. Haven't read his other story, Heartbeat, yet, but I've heard it's really freaking good.

Hmm...maybe I'll just do an Amour quick look this weekend. Do we want to compile a list of both oneshots, short fics, and long fics?

Both Unexpected Union and Lights of Laverre are phenomenal fics. Both had me hooked from beginning to end. Especially Laverre. That story and the writer has such wonderful and beautiful diction with his words that the emotions just come flowing off of the page. Really a beautiful Amour story from start to finish. Haven't read his other story, Heartbeat, yet, but I've heard it's really freaking good.

Hmm...maybe I'll just do an Amour quick look this weekend. Do we want to compile a list of both oneshots, short fics, and long fics?

I totally forgot about Lights of Laverre! Thanks for reminding me! It's been on my 'to read' list, but I forgot about it with all the other fics I've read lately. I need to go read it right now!

My Amour passion can still live through fanfics! I don't think it's a bad thing, though!

Epicocity

I totally forgot about Lights of Laverre! Thanks for reminding me! It's been on my 'to read' list, but I forgot about it with all the other fics I've read lately. I need to go read it right now!

My Amour passion can still live through fanfics! I don't think it's a bad thing, though!

I'm sure there are a lot of great fics out there to spend our time and keep our Amour passion alive that some just haven't heard of. I mean, I know there's a set group that have become popular recently (myself included) but I'm sure there are also some very good ones. For example, if anyone wants a fic that kind of changes up the lore but still has some nice Amour moments, read "Ash's Realization". Very slow going but interesting in its take.

And in a few week's myself and potat's collaboration, "Ships, Schemes and Other Sweet Sights" will drop, so hopefully you guys can all take a read.

I'm sure there are a lot of great fics out there to spend our time and keep our Amour passion alive that some just haven't heard of. I mean, I know there's a set group that have become popular recently (myself included) but I'm sure there are also some very good ones. For example, if anyone wants a fic that kind of changes up the lore but still has some nice Amour moments, read "Ash's Realization". Very slow going but interesting in its take.

And in a few week's myself and potat's collaboration, "Ships, Schemes and Other Sweet Sights" will drop, so hopefully you guys can all take a read.

So you and potat are doing a collaboration, huh? Can there be any spoilers on what the plot might be about? If you've already stated it I must've missed it. I have writer's block right now for my own fanfic so I'm trying to read some other amour fanfics to get me out of my slump. I haven't written anything on my series in almost a week.

Epicocity

So you and potat are doing a collaboration, huh? Can there be any spoilers on what the plot might be about? If you've already stated it I must've missed it. I have writer's block right now for my own fanfic so I'm trying to read some other amour fanfics to get me out of my slump. I haven't written anything on my series in almost a week.

Yes, we've been planning one for some time and now that the Ancienverse has (presumably) finished, it was the right time to get to work on it. No plot spoilers, however. We're going to drop a summary on Tuesday, and I've started work on it already but it should be good. In terms of other Amour fanfics, well, Lumiose University if you haven't already. But I would highly recommend "Wanderlust" and "Falling Between Worlds" by esharpthat. Both are strong Amour fics so far while the latter is incomplete. The first one features an older Ash and Serena, while the latter is set right after the Reflection Cave episode. or you could always reread fics, ha ha.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I wouldn't call it a crush anymore, in my opinion at least. Serena is in love with him (although we already know that). The kiss confirmed it. .

I guess that's a good point, although I still think that Serena loving Ash when she's just ten years old herself seems kind of excessive since by that age girls aren't usually mature enough to have serious romantic feelings for boys in the first place. That's kind of why I think that Ash being oblivious to her crush on him was understandable in X&Y cuz it seemed appropriate for his age group, even if it stalled the ship a bit when he wasn't responsive to Serena's advances. ^^;

Red Pheonix

I guess that's a good point, although I still think that Serena loving Ash when she's just ten years old herself seems kind of excessive since by that age girls aren't usually mature enough to have serious romantic feelings for boys in the first place. That's kind of why I think that Ash being oblivious to her crush on him was understandable in X&Y cuz it seemed appropriate for his age group, even if it stalled the ship a bit when he wasn't responsive to Serena's advances. ^^;

You're asking for logic in a world where people can trap 100 foot tall uber monster in a poket sized ball and 10 year olds are tasked with beating terrorists?

Heekful

RedPheonix made a good point here , there's no logic in this show especially when you see a boy who travelled around 6 regions and got runner up in a league final with a unique powerful Pokemon going to class after all that to learn about Pokemon with beginners trainers , that make no sense.

Anyway our Amourshipper artist who did the fanart copyrighted by Pokemon is back with a new project what do you think ? https://twitter.com/_NoVaNoah/status/804931442585272325
She is amazing imo.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
RedPheonix made a good point here , there's no logic in this show especially when you see a boy who travelled around 6 regions and got runner up in a league final with a unique powerful Pokemon going to class after all that to learn about Pokemon with beginners trainers , that make no sense.

Anyway our Amourshipper artist who did the fanart copyrighted by Pokemon is back with a new project what do you think ? https://twitter.com/_NoVaNoah/status/804931442585272325
She is amazing imo.

*amp breaks while playing guitar*

Well, there goes my amp. Great, can't play any Queen riffs from now...

Anyway, it's been a while since I posted. Been busy with school and rocking out listening to Queen.

I had a classmate who already had a boyfriend when they were 13 and they're still together to this day. Just like Phoenix said, you can't apply real world logic (and Physics) in the world of Pokemon where 10 year olds are treated as adults with powerful creatures that can beat mafias and other crime organizations.

As for that fanart, I'm really looking forward for the final product. I've always loved her amour fanarts.

Speaking of fanfics, haven't updated mine since the kiss happened.

Last edited:

Epicocity

So, I went searching through the fanfic catalog for good Amour fics, and I'm no expert, I'll tell you, but there were some I found, sifting through it.

Pretty much anything by PurimPopoie, though I'd recommend "The ABC's of Love". Despite some OOC moments at one point and some Calem inserting, it's well written an enjoyable.
One Day Off by 123pearlshipping (haven't read, but I've heard good things about most of their work up to a point)
Memories by 11JJ11: Really sad story, but tugged at the heartstrings big time.

These last two, I haven't really read but from a glance they looked well-written enough.
Tradition Together by Younger P
Delicacies by johnny3gud

So, if we want to start some kind of Amour Book Review, let's all just gather ones people would want to read and then maybe hold a poll to decide what the first one would be. Everyone up for that?

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
So, if we want to start some kind of Amour Book Review, let's all just gather ones people would want to read and then maybe hold a poll to decide what the first one would be. Everyone up for that?

Oh, yes, I'm absolutely up for this. Need some good stories to help me keep the flame burning strong. :)

So, I went searching through the fanfic catalog for good Amour fics, and I'm no expert, I'll tell you, but there were some I found, sifting through it.

Pretty much anything by PurimPopoie, though I'd recommend "The ABC's of Love". Despite some OOC moments at one point and some Calem inserting, it's well written an enjoyable.
One Day Off by 123pearlshipping (haven't read, but I've heard good things about most of their work up to a point)
Memories by 11JJ11: Really sad story, but tugged at the heartstrings big time.

These last two, I haven't really read but from a glance they looked well-written enough.
Tradition Together by Younger P
Delicacies by johnny3gud

I like that idea, too. As long as we keep finding books, we'll keep our amour appetite satisfied. Would we hold the poll here in the thread or would we start it somewhere else?

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Since we're doing fanfic recommendations, let me recommend something that I've read recently and absolutely loved it:

"The Girl in the Straw Hat" by Pocketbook - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11993406/1/The-Girl-In-the-Straw-Hat

I feel like this is the most "Amour" amourshipping fanfic up to date - overall story is phenomenal and really, really touching (I actually teared up a couple of times while reading this).

Oh wow, that was so good. The beginning with Delia and Ash swearing off love at first was really good.

Hey guys! Usually don't do posts on the forums but I thought it would be interesting to share that, while not significant by means of YouTube, but still pretty significant to us Amourshippers the kiss scene has hit the 1 million views mark on PokeAnime's channel. https://twitter.com/avigreninja/status/805229561759854592

I'd still like to believe there are quite a lot of signs for the future of Ash and Serena it's just a matter of when will it happen in my honest opinion.

Epicocity

I like that idea, too. As long as we keep finding books, we'll keep our amour appetite satisfied. Would we hold the poll here in the thread or would we start it somewhere else?

We should probably do it through Straw Poll or something like that (not familiar enough with it). But I think we should choose 4 fics/series/etc. to begin with to put in the poll and go in that order of whatever gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, you know? I think that'd be the easiest way. Maybe have a separate poll for oneshots because they're less time consuming for everyone and we'd burn through discussion quicker.