• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

SatoSere

Satoshi and Serena are childhood friends were born in Pallet Town, Kanto.
Serena's Family had to move to Kalos for family reasons.
Kanto (Japan) and Kalos (France) have many things in common in story, Tokyo Tower, Eiffel Tower, customs, traditions and more.
In Pokémon, Kanto and Kalos are the first regions and that originally are the same region in the Pokémon World, so say many people, I believe them.
Everyone would like that Satoshi and Serena together saves the Pokémon World in Kalos, have Mega-Ring (Blue and Red) in Pokémon Generations.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Satoshi and Serena are childhood friends were born in Pallet Town, Kanto.
Serena's Family had to move to Kalos for family reasons.
Kanto (Japan) and Kalos (France) have many things in common in story, Tokyo Tower, Eiffel Tower, customs, traditions and more.
In Pokémon, Kanto and Kalos are the first regions and that originally are the same region in the Pokémon World, so say many people, I believe them.
Everyone would like that Satoshi and Serena together saves the Pokémon World in Kalos, have Mega-Ring (Blue and Red) in Pokémon Generations.

You sound like an artificial intelligence.

Anyways, there is currently nothing that suggests Serena is a native of Pallet Town, or that her prior relationship with Ash lasted for more than five minutes. Given Ash's initial total lack of memory, I'd dare to say that there wasn't an extended friendship.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. French customs and Japanese customs really couldn't be much further apart.

Can you rephrase your fourth line? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns

Anyways, there is currently nothing that suggests Serena is a native of Pallet Town, or that her prior relationship with Ash lasted for more than five minutes. Given Ash's initial total lack of memory, I'd dare to say that there wasn't an extended friendship.
AI..? Lol ok.

See, that was one of the things that disappointed me the most. They had a few occasions where they could've told us more about their backstory or shown more flashbacks, and they didn't. Yeah, Ash and Serena have a history when they were kids (XY007)...and that's all we're going to show you. I'm sure people would've liked to seen more of their past.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
AI..? Lol ok.

See, that was one of the things that disappointed me the most. They had a few occasions where they could've told us more about their backstory or shown more flashbacks, and they didn't. Yeah, Ash and Serena have a history when they were kids (XY007)...and that's all we're going to show you. I'm sure people would've liked to seen more of their past.

Probably that was all, after Ash brought her back to the camp they seperated. That's why Ash didn't rememeber her because he went back to play probably.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Hi guys,
Looks like you're handling things around pretty well and the damage control is good. At least better than before, haha.

Anyways, I just want to drop this picture here that I've found. It reads like a manga btw.
[imgsize=400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyQ6W2hUQAE6zDN.jpg:large[/imgsize]

I'm actually more interested in how Ash and Serena both interact with each other in the Mirror world. I like tsundere Serena and crybaby Ash!

I wonder, how would the kiss actually play out in their world?

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hi guys,
Looks like you're handling things around pretty well and the damage control is good. At least better than before, haha.

Anyways, I just want to drop this picture here that I've found. It reads like a manga btw.

I'm actually more interested in how Ash and Serena both interact with each other in the Mirror world. I like tsundere Serena and crybaby Ash!

It's the mirror world, Ash was the one who kissed Serena...
Now that I think of it, it is possible that the crush itself was mirrored...

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

Lol, I always imagine that M-Serena will be the one to initialize the kiss in a more aggressive way followed by a warning to Ash that he should not cheat on her while they're apart. :D

Red Pheonix

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. French customs and Japanese customs really couldn't be much further apart.

Can you rephrase your fourth line? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Explains everything.

I always like to think that Serena spent the rest of her summer camp with Ashy boy. She would be super shy and find difficult to talk to him and Ashy boy grab her arm and shout out, 'Hey, look! A pokemon! Come with me, Serena!"

Hi guys,

Damage control? The thread is pretty inactive so there's not much "damage" to begin with.

Tsundere Serena and crybaby Ash? Idk Tsundere Serena comes more as a jerk so I'm not a fan of her. As for the mirror world kiss, I remember someone writing up such a scenario in this thread. Gotta find it again.

Red Pheonix

It's that time again.

That's practically calling the ship dead, unless you want to think other ships involving Ash are also in hibernation (they're not; they are very well dead too). Unless the writers/staff actually does something to at least further Ash's progress, then we'll be seeing no Amour in the future. In what is going on right now, Ash is running around in circles, and as long as the staff continues to have him run around in circles, then Amourshipping won't happen; thus it can be declared dead.

Your explanation almost sounds like damage control.

And who cares about what the anti-shippers think? I don't. It's their loss if the petition upsets them. What I do care about is what the writers/staff thinks, and what exactly they're trying to do with the show; someone or some group was responsible for making Ash lose the Kalos final after all. The anime would've taken a very different direction had they decided to have Ash win that, but apparently the writers had no plans to make such a great change to the show.

That's what I mean by dead. And yes, every Ash ship has died thanks to the other character getting written out of the anime. So in that regards, Pokéshipping is dead. Advanceshipping is dead. Pearlshipping is dead. While we're at it, Goggleshipping, Fireshipping, Abilityshipping, Imaginationshipping, and Poffleshipping are all dead too (And those ships had some actual basis I believe). And chances are Aureliashipping will die not too long from now. With the direction the anime has continued to take, every ship involving Ash will die. People can certainly support them, but that makes them zombie ships, not alive.

I am not concerned about other ships. I think that many Aureliashippers concede that the chances of their ship happening are practically zero. The real concern is how much longer the staff is willing to take Ash and the anime to go on and on. This major issue is relevant to whether or not they'll actually fulfill Amour. You know all that talk about Bonnie and others having dreams of their own that they want to pursue and fulfill? Are the writers actually going to ever fulfill them, or was all that talk about peoples' dreams just empty talk? Are they going to write episodes on these characters actually achieving their goals or purposely leave some unfinished business? The S&M anime does not look very promising in this regard.

This is why I feel Ash losing the Kalos League was a spectacular failure for the anime and for Amour as well. It was also a failure on the part of the writers, producers and executives. They must take note of the reaction by fans, or at the very least the animators who weren't pleased with the result of the match, and actually do something to reverse its effect. For apparently no other reason then to see this anime continue, the writers had Ash-Greninja never overcome Mega Charizard, resulting in Ash's third consecutive loss to Alain. As I said before, the anime would've been quite different had Ash won that match.

I'm gonna ask you a question:

Did you or someone you know ever ship two characters back when you were young?

I will give a follow up post tomorrow.

Your points essentially boil down to the same thing, Pokemon is going to continue forever and therefore Amour is dead. Can't argue with your definition of "dead" but I have a question for you.

Why are you still here?

I get the thing about how pokemon anime is a zombie series. Hell, this is why I strayed away from the anime and got excited about XYZ in the first place. I also get that the Kalos league final was the most stupidest thing the anime ever concieved. But what do you wanted from Amourshipping? Do you wanted canonization or a semi-canon decent ending? If your answer is the former then I don't have anything to say. But what I don't understand that why are you still complaining about it? Normally, I don't get aggressive but when you repeatedly complain about the same things over and again, it just feels to me that you're getting too serious about Amourshipping and the anime in general.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
*another amour dead post*

Look, not trying to be mean or anything but if you're just here pushing us to call this ship dead then you should stop these "amour dead" posts. You're just bringing some negativity in this thread.

If you call this ship dead then go ahead, we respect your opinion but don't try to persuade us to call it dead too because we all have different opinions.

Sure, Serena is gone for good but that doesn't stop us from shipping the two. That's why we don't declare it as dead especially after that kiss scene. In our eyes, the ship will only be dead if Serena/Ash is dating with someine else or are literally dead.

If your posts are going to be arguements of how the ship is dead then don't even bother to put it up. Our answer will never change. We all just want to relax and ship on these two till the day we fcking die.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Look, not trying to be mean or anything but if you're just here pushing us to call this ship dead then you should stop these "amour dead" posts. You're just bringing some negativity in this thread.

If you call this ship dead then go ahead, we respect your opinion but don't try to persuade us to call it dead too because we all have different opinions.

Sure, Serena is gone for good but that doesn't stop us from shipping the two. That's why we don't declare it as dead especially after that kiss scene. In our eyes, the ship will only be dead if Serena/Ash is dating with someine else or are literally dead.

If your posts are going to be arguements of how the ship is dead then don't even bother to put it up. Our answer will never change. We all just want to relax and ship on these two till the day we fcking die.

Ignore him and report him, if he gets the ban we can all talk normally and friendly back again.

SatoSere

Pokémon has demonstrated us that besides the goals, capture pokémon, have friends, Pokémon Battle, save the world, there are important things like the amour, it will live forever in our hearts of everyone, Satoshi and Serena.

Heekful

Your post was the best , let's enjoy Amourshipping even without Serena in the show , Misty has not been in the show since almost 10 years and Pokeshippers are still there , that's why I respect this ship.

Anyway , with Akemi Omode writing the next Ash & Lillie episode I have a really bad feeling about this... I have already seen this , Omode writing an episode who is airing early in the new show about a new girl with a lot of shipping hints... If she switched side, Amourshippers will go hard on her on Twitter like before even if she is a troll I'm still a little bit scared.

Edit : Some Amourshippers have already the same feeling as me... https://twitter.com/_TASOfficial_/status/806552259760779264

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh boy. That's just wonderful. I hope that all of you here are better than that. This community doesn't need the plagues of the past. We don't need to have a day where we look like PokeShippers at the start of the Advanced Generation, AdvanceShippers at the start of Diamond and Pearl, PearlShippers at the start of Best Wishes and XY. The AureliaShippers will have their time just like we had ours, and we need to accept that without hostility.

Red Pheonix

Your post was the best , let's enjoy Amourshipping even without Serena in the show , Misty has not been in the show since almost 10 years and Pokeshippers are still there , that's why I respect this ship.

Anyway , with Akemi Omode writing the next Ash & Lillie episode I have a really bad feeling about this... I have already seen this , Omode writing an episode who is airing early in the new show about a new girl with a lot of shipping hints... If she switched side, Amourshippers will go hard on her on Twitter like before even if she is a troll I'm still a little bit scared.

Edit : Some Amourshippers have already the same feeling as me... https://twitter.com/_TASOfficial_/status/806552259760779264

And we're back to freaking about episodes again. Yay.

Heekful

Oh boy. That's just wonderful. I hope that all of you here are better than that. This community doesn't need the plagues of the past. We don't need to have a day where we look like PokeShippers at the start of the Advanced Generation, AdvanceShippers at the start of Diamond and Pearl, PearlShippers at the start of Best Wishes and XY. The AureliaShippers will have their time just like we had ours, and we need to accept that without hostility.

I never said I will attack her on Twitter , I don't really care , I'm just saying that I'm scared of Omode teasing again (she's about to release her XY007 2.0 in 2 weeks) and people attack/troll us after this episode...

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I never said I will attack her on Twitter , I don't really care , I'm just saying that I'm scared of Omode teasing again (she's about to release her XY007 2.0 in 2 weeks) and people attack/troll us after this episode...

What do you mean by this?

Epicocity

They're writers. They're employed to do a job. Sometimes ship preferences has nothing to do with it, but there is one cold, hard truth in this world: shipping sells. So, whether Omode supports this ship or that ship, she's going to create shippy moments because she can and should because that will inevitably draw people to the show.

And if it still doesn't convince you...well...you do realize the summary has all but said Ash couldn't care less and is more focused on a battle? In either case, zeldafan is right. Unless this moment leads to a suddenly hot and steamy makeout session (which it won't) just embrace the ride.

Red Pheonix

They're writers. They're employed to do a job. Sometimes ship preferences has nothing to do with it, but there is one cold, hard truth in this world: shipping sells. So, whether Omode supports this ship or that ship, she's going to create shippy moments because she can and should because that will inevitably draw people to the show.

And if it still doesn't convince you...well...you do realize the summary has all but said Ash couldn't care less and is more focused on a battle? In either case, zeldafan is right. Unless this moment leads to a suddenly hot and steamy makeout session (which it won't) just embrace the ride.

Hot and steamy makeout session? Hmm.....
Serena erupted hot steam from her ears......several times even......maybe she was thinking-

---

IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Last edited: