• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Overreaction to Aureliashipping is still strong here I guess? :confused:

Imo Amourshipping will always be in the lead because unless Lillie or some other girl kisses Ash, there's nothing to worry about. There might be moments with other ships, but Amour has the strongest ones. Don't ever forget the ribbon also.

As for Serena making an appearance, like Epicocity said, she is riciculously popular and also polarizing. I'm in the camp that thinks Serena will make an appearance or we will get some news maybe around the end of March or in April (when the special music box comes out).

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Would anyone say that Amourshipping is under threat from Aureliashipping after today's episode?

"Under threat." I didn't realize it mattered. We had our hints, and Aurelia will have theirs, and Aloha will have theirs, and BlueAngel will have theirs. As far as I'm aware, Serena came closer to a romantic relationship with Ash than anyone else did, and SM008 did not change that.

SatoSere

Pearl, Advance, BlueAngel, Aloha, Aurelia, Poké, Negai and any shipping are good allies to support AmourShipping canonized (be an example in many animes and stories).
Everyone are aware that at the end of the story of Pokémon (anime), Satoshi is going to stay with a girl, we have faith and hope that Serena is the wife chosen for Satoshi. Satoshi and Serena with their actions, words, emotions, concerns, happiness, feelings have shown to everyone, that they really love each other and are happy together. By work and grace of god (Arceus) is reality, as the happy endings that happens most of the stories of anime, manga and games.

Pokémon Movie 20th-Kimi ni kimeta! Serena was born in Pallet Town, she begins travels and story together to Satoshi and Shigeru. This would be Hypeepicclasic! for everyone because we are engaging the past and the present in the anime for a better future. I would also be in favor of many characters that we know or not know that they intervene for that movie for all fans.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Pokémon Movie 20th-Kimi ni kimeta! Serena was born in Pallet Town, she begins travels and story together to Satoshi and Shigeru. This would be Hypeepicclasic! for everyone because we are engaging the past and the present in the anime for a better future. I would also be in favor of many characters that we know or not know that they intervene for that movie for all fans.

Can you please source this information? As far as I'm aware, there has never been any confirmation about where Serena was born or where she grew up. However, it's implied that her interaction with Ash was limited to the camp.

Hys7eriX

You can combine all the "hints" from the SM girls and they still won't hold a candle to how hard Amour got pushed within the same number of episodes (the flashback in XY7 alone beats out everything we've seen put together as far as ship teasing goes). Seriously, the closest they've come to anyone showing direct interest in anyone would be Sophocles' Togedemaru toward Ash's Pikachu. And Ash shrugged off that too and IMO, what he said was more of him being like "So what? Boys and girls can be friends too" rather than being straight up oblivious to love. I took that as kinda what to expect from SM as far as shipping goes: nothing's really gonna get pushed, they're all just friends at the end of the day. Amour was an anomaly as far as shipping in Pokemon goes, in that it enjoyed a lot of push from the writers and official materials; from the looks of how SM is going, it's gonna stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Lol, no offense, but none of the Alolan ships will ever "threaten" Amour IMO. Sure, the girls are cute and all but they're nothing special yet. Maybe they will never be, bar Lillie. There's really no need to worry about anything at this point in time, if at all. Just keep your heads up and don't give up till it's over.

MossDeepThinker

Cosmonaut Trainer
During SM008, during the scene where Ash is wolfing down his macarons, a blue ribbon can be seen on the table (here 10:50). Definitely a nod to AmourShipping.

I don't know any Japanese, sadly, and I can't find any subbed versions of the Episode. I'd love to know what they're saying inb4 I'm told I'll find out on Friday.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
It looks like there was a bit of reference to Serena in SM08. Maybe Omode still cares about AmourShipping in the end.

During SM008, during the scene where Ash is wolfing down his macarons, a blue ribbon can be seen on the table (here 10:50). Definitely a nod to AmourShipping.

I don't know any Japanese, sadly, and I can't find any subbed versions of the Episode. I'd love to know what they're saying inb4 I'm told I'll find out on Friday.

Nice find!
Why didn't I see that? Well, at least I noticed the macrons...

Heekful

Are you still hoping that she will come back as a main character (like me)?

Main character is just impossible imo , I guess people can dream. We can only hope for a little cameo just like Dawn had in B/W (8 episodes) to have some news Amour hints even if the last hint we got is probably the biggest shipping hints we saw in Pokemon history between Ash and a girl... Remember that Iris didn't get a cameo so we can't really predict what will happen in the future (I don't think popularity is the only thing the writers are thinking when they do a cameo) so just enjoy the journey we had and just make it alive forever because like I said before main character is impossible and cameo is unlikely atm.

AdvancedGenGenesect

All of you should understand that its not a MUST for ash to marry or be in a relationship with Serena because
1. Ash has shown an unplatonic liking towards a girl thats not a main charachter in the indigo league saga and has a high chance he may find another girl he may like
2.all the amourshipping ash may be in love with Serena hints are easily debunkable and if anyone argues with this the can reply and show me their proof.
3. Even ADVANCEDSHIPPING has more ash could like may hints more than amourshipping and some ofthe hints arent debunkable.
But remember Serena Is much better than Amourshipping in a whole and im not saying amourshipping is totally debunkable but some amourshippers need to calm down on the stupid talk so hope everyone understands im not trying to hate.

Epicocity

All of you should understand that its not a MUST for ash to marry or be in a relationship with Serena because
1. Ash has shown an unplatonic liking towards a girl thats not a main charachter in the indigo league saga and has a high chance he may find another girl he may like
2.all the amourshipping ash may be in love with Serena hints are easily debunkable and if anyone argues with this the can reply and show me their proof.
3. Even ADVANCEDSHIPPING has more ash could like may hints more than amourshipping and some ofthe hints arent debunkable.
But remember Serena Is much better than Amourshipping in a whole and im not saying amourshipping is totally debunkable but some amourshippers need to calm down on the stupid talk so hope everyone understands im not trying to hate.

I'm not sure whether you came in here just to try the ol' "Amourshipping is dead" routine or to simply tell us that we don't need to meet requirements to ship them...Either way.

1. Considering Ash has not shown any kind of attraction in that sense since Episode 9, one can easily assume and write it off as Early Installment Weirdness. In fact, there was a lot in OS that isn't in today's stuff such as the Sleep rule at the League, giving away badges being common practice, Pikachu hurting Ground-types, etc. So...generally that doesn't work.

2. Just as they are with any other ship, no? Unless Ash outright states something definitive, all we have for any ship is speculation.

3. I would argue the other way. There are a lot of hints such as...Ash agreeing to go look at clothes and go shopping for Serena, putting off his Gym Battle for her (unprecedented), generally being overprotective of her in any situation. Lots of little things. They may not be overt, but they don't need to be at the same time.

Regardless to say, we ship Amourshipping not necessarily because of Ash's side of things, but because we like it, and because Serena, at the very least, is confirmed canon on her side with no real competition within her saga (Tierno and Miette for either side were both debunked pretty quick), more than anything else. So....yeah.

AdvancedGenGenesect

I'm not sure whether you came in here just to try the ol' "Amourshipping is dead" routine or to simply tell us that we don't need to meet requirements to ship them...Either way.

1. Considering Ash has not shown any kind of attraction in that sense since Episode 9, one can easily assume and write it off as Early Installment Weirdness. In fact, there was a lot in OS that isn't in today's stuff such as the Sleep rule at the League, giving away badges being common practice, Pikachu hurting Ground-types, etc. So...generally that doesn't work.

2. Just as they are with any other ship, no? Unless Ash outright states something definitive, all we have for any ship is speculation.

3. I would argue the other way. There are a lot of hints such as...Ash agreeing to go look at clothes and go shopping for Serena, putting off his Gym Battle for her (unprecedented), generally being overprotective of her in any situation. Lots of little things. They may not be overt, but they don't need to be at the same time.

Regardless to say, we ship Amourshipping not necessarily because of Ash's side of things, but because we like it, and because Serena, at the very least, is confirmed canon on her side with no real competition within her saga (Tierno and Miette for either side were both debunked pretty quick), more than anything else. So....yeah.

well said epi but the thing is ive been on internet and ive kinda started to get annoyed with Amourshipping is canon and youve got to a agree there are people talking about Serena and ash marrying and treating the subject as something thats not fanfiction even on this thread.
the most ive seen other ships go for example im an AdvancedShipper and people are debating who may would choose ash or Drew.
its a good thing that people like serena shes my second fav pokegirl but ive really got to do something before other ships start to die or amourshippers go stupidity Rogue on the poke community.
and you mentioned how serena was helped by ash with the hints but weve got more of that for may too. anyways mostly its speculation but some people are taking it way too seriously and nowadays those are most of the youtube amourshippers lol.

Epicocity

well said epi but the thing is ive been on internet and ive kinda started to get annoyed with Amourshipping is canon and youve got to a agree there are people talking about Serena and ash marrying and treating the subject as something thats not fanfiction even on this thread.
the most ive seen other ships go for example im an AdvancedShipper and people are debating who may would choose ash or Drew.
its a good thing that people like serena shes my second fav pokegirl but ive really got to do something before other ships start to die or amourshippers go stupidity Rogue on the poke community.
and you mentioned how serena was helped by ash with the hints but weve got more of that for may too. anyways mostly its speculation but some people are taking it way too seriously and nowadays those are most of the youtube amourshippers lol.

Most of it comes from the fact that, by all rights, Amourshipping so far is the closest to canon any Ash ship will come in the show because one side of it is confirmed and did something about it. Considering we will likely never get confirmation elsewhere regarding Ash's feelings for anyone, this is what happens. Even if I WASN'T an Amourshipper, I'd still say this.

And don't extrapolate the community from what you may hear or see. I know there's drama going on right now, but most normal Amourshippers are people who will treat all other ships with equal measured respect. We enjoyed what we got, and in terms of what the show is, feel we can call it "canon". At the same time, a lot of us have decided to enjoy the current ships. Don't judge your opinion of the community based on a few people stirring up trouble.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

some people are taking it way too seriously and nowadays those are most of the youtube amourshippers lol.

Lol, it's just something we'd like to see happen. Why do you let it bother you? Like you said, it's only fanart/fanfiction. (for now)

Idk what this "something" is that you're planning to do, but if it's attacking AmourShippers or putting us down, kinda like what you're doing rn , then just stop and go outside for some fresh air.

And please don't be ignorant and just assume the entire community is bad simply because of a few nutcases you encounter. Which AmourTubers are you talking about? I'd very much like to know.

Most of it comes from the fact that, by all rights, Amourshipping so far is the closest to canon any Ash ship will come in the show because one side of it is confirmed and did something about it. Considering we will likely never get confirmation elsewhere regarding Ash's feelings for anyone, this is what happens. Even if I WASN'T an Amourshipper, I'd still say this.

And don't extrapolate the community from what you may hear or see. I know there's drama going on right now, but most normal Amourshippers are people who will treat all other ships with equal measured respect. We enjoyed what we got, and in terms of what the show is, feel we can call it "canon". At the same time, a lot of us have decided to enjoy the current ships. Don't judge your opinion of the community based on a few people stirring up trouble.

Couldn't have said this better myself, good sir. ^^

AdvancedGenGenesect

Lol, it's just something we'd like to see happen. Why do you let it bother you? Like you said, it's only fanart/fanfiction. (for now)

Idk what this "something" is that you're planning to do, but if it's attacking AmourShippers or putting us down, kinda like what you're doing rn , then just stop and go outside for some fresh air.

And please don't be ignorant and just assume the entire community is bad simply because of a few nutcases you encounter. Which AmourTubers are you talking about? I'd very much like to know.

Couldn't have said this better myself, good sir. ^^

Thank you for your opinion but Im not going to judge just because a few caused a bit of shipping war mayhem nor do I want to end amourshipping.
though I apologize for the comment about fanfiction I think what came to me was the fact that before we didnt really have pokeshippers or AdvancedShippers talking about the kind of fanfiction that talked about what some amourshippers talk about for example genwunners may not like a new system even though theres no problem with a new system.
And no im not gonna judge the whole community because of a few who rant stupidly about something that didnt matter much.
and about the amourtubers theres one called theChornick who literally had to go ahead in a video where he talked about why misty probably wont come back and put in the comments how amourshipping is canon.
signalling a kind of pokeshipping is not gonna happen kind of thing.
and im not a pokeshipper but it kinda offended me because of the fact that hes giving a big message in a video where serena wasnt mention the comment section.
but yes I agree that amourshipping is close to canon but that doesnt mean people can openly
try to make other ships look like total fanfiction
thats never gonna happen.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Jeez, there's a lot of warmongering spreading around these days.

Assuming Serena makes her return, what circumstances will bring her to Alola?

May came to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup, and Dawn came to Unova en route to Johto for the same reason. It would be absolutely hilarious if Serena comes to Alola for the Wallace Cup too, and they do some plot about bringing contests into Alola the same way they handled the League in the games.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Jeez, there's a lot of warmongering spreading around these days.

Assuming Serena makes her return, what circumstances will bring her to Alola?

May came to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup, and Dawn came to Unova en route to Johto for the same reason. It would be absolutely hilarious if Serena comes to Alola for the Wallace Cup too, and they do some plot about bringing contests into Alola the same way they handled the League in the games.
Indeed, this is a tricky one, considering Alola is a region without a coordinator/performer venue. Unless that was going to be a regional first exclusive to the anime, then by all means, I can totally see Serena flying to Alola were it chosen to host the Wallace Cup.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Indeed, this is a tricky one, considering Alola is a region without a coordinator/performer venue. Unless that was going to be a regional first exclusive to the anime, then by all means, I can totally see Serena flying to Alola were it chosen to host the Wallace Cup.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Showcases were essentially materialized out of nothing, at least in the context of XY, the only games of the generation released at the time. I know that ORAS had something similar when re-vamping the contests in Hoenn, but ORAS simply wasn't out when showcases were formally introduced in Three Day Blockbusters, much less when a few of the building blocks for them were put in place during A PokeVision of Things to Come. I remember that in the beginning, people were thinking that Serena might go into Ryhorn racing as her goal. Not entirely unfounded, considering the early episodes like XY007.

3vr1m

Maybe she makes holidays there, Alola is kind of Hawaii after all. My prediction is still, that she chills at the beach, enjoys the sun with her pokemon and hears suddenly a familiar voice running around.