• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
It would be one thing to say that Ash being more even-tempered in XY was just a coincidence in the grand scheme of the XY plot. It's another thing entirely to say that Ash was intentionally rewritten in such a way so that it reflects off Serena better.

The directors basically just admitted that they couldn't write Amourshipping in with the Ash that was there in Kanto-Sinnoh, or the Ash in Unova. They had to actively write a different characterization for the boy, and add in (or in this context, fabricate) a flashback for the sole purpose of pushing the ship forward with no regard for characterization or context.

-
At that point, the simple fact is that the ship mattered more to the writers than the characters in the ship themselves. That's....de-legitimizing, from my perspective.

This is why continuity is such a big deal for people. Seeing how a character progresses emotionally can go a long way toward making a ship seem genuinely created, rather than shoe-horned.

Is that how he said it? One could also argue they have written Serena into seeing the more positive aspects of Ash, which were always there since his post-DP development. Ash has been here for nearly two decades and people to remember why they follow him in the first place. The majority of Ash's flaws have already been settled and tone down by the time he reached to XY. Even Sun and Moon didn't really belittle Ash unlike Best Wishes. In that show, he's more of a victim of circumstances and his classmates treat him with respect. So I say the it's the other way around. Ash's glory days was going to be XY with people coming to admire rather than look down upon him, and Serena's crush is just one way of showcasing that. Sun and Moon Ash would still smitten Serena as long as he is not rude to her or anyone else. And given how well he gets along with classmates, I don't think Serena will have that much problem with Sun and Moon Ash aside from him being the butt of the jokes (but I assume Serena is used to that during her adventures in XY).

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Is that how he said it? One could also argue they have written Serena into seeing the more positive aspects of Ash, which were always there since his post-DP development. Ash has been here for nearly two decades and people to remember why they follow him in the first place. The majority of Ash's flaws have already been settled and tone down by the time he reached to XY. Even Sun and Moon didn't really belittle Ash unlike Best Wishes. In that show, he's more of a victim of circumstances and his classmates treat him with respect. So I say the it's the other way around. Ash's glory days was going to be XY with people coming to admire rather than look down upon him, and Serena's crush is just one way of showcasing that. Sun and Moon Ash would still smitten Serena as long as he is not rude to her or anyone else. And given how well he gets along with classmates, I don't think Serena will have that much problem with Sun and Moon Ash aside from him being the butt of the jokes (but I assume Serena is used to that during her adventures in XY).

Ah, you've beaten me to this though I don't know how to explain well myself, lol. But yeah, Ash was treated with respect as XY started. It wasn't just Serena that looked up to him (though she has the highest respect to him out of all). Even the lemon siblings look up to him. Even his rivals, Alain and Sawyer, both paid him respect. Sanpei also treated Ash with respect. Even Miette, Serena's (love) rival, admired Ash at some point (I mean most of her actions were to tick off Serena but still...) Of course, there are still some times when people laughs at him and doubts him. Best examples were while he was practicing his dance move and when he shouted that he'll be the champion at the Kalos league. Regardless, Ash was still treated with a lot of respect in XY and now that he's in Alola, despite the goofiness he has displayed, none of his classmates have belittled Ash. He have matured a lot since XY though it can't be helped that his former self would sometimes appear but it's not the same as he used to on the old days. Bottom line, Serena won't see any major problem on Sun/Moon Ash and like I've mentioned, even Serena herself would be a victim of the slapstick comedy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Actually I'm the one who ask 1guy who bought the book and ask him if there is any topics or mention about Satosere, and he said that there's some , and he said he recommend this book for people who loves or fan of Satosere, still waiting for someone to leak the said interview cause i dont wanna spend a 1,800 yen for it xD,

But I want it and will gladly pay for it.

What's the name of the book? Do you have the ISBN or amazon links?

Help me, please.

BlazeKnight7

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't the interview supposed to also explain why Ash stepped forward before the kiss? Is it going to be in a different interview? Or has that part just not been translated yet?

AshSerena

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't the interview supposed to also explain why Ash stepped forward before the kiss? Is it going to be in a different interview? Or has that part just not been translated yet?

That was mistake on my part, when i still dont have this magazine i ask one of the japanese person who already bought the book and he did not spoil everything but he said it also include about why Ash stepped forward before the kiss , but it seems he is talking about the storyboard where it is written ”サトシ1歩2歩前に来て” means Ash stepped forward in 2 step

also i forgot to mention that some dialogue from the storyboard is actually different if you compare it to the actual last episode of XYZ

After Serena said I'll become a much more charming woman"

(Episode) Satoshi: Yeah!
(Storybord from the magazine) Satoshi : Yeah! That's the spirit!!
------------------------------
After the kiss

(Episode) Serena: Thank you!
(Storyboard from the magazine) Serena: Thank you Satoshi, I can do my best with this

just sharing this,

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Shopping mall one I don't even remember but I'll give you that.

He and Mamane were running through a dark shopping mall where many of the passages were closed due to shutter doors, and Mamane was reading a map and shouting out directions for how to turn. The problem is that neither of them knew that the shutter doors had kept closing after they had gotten the map, so the map wasn't entirely correct, and several of the directions he was given made him run straight into closed shutters.

It was slapstick, but what happened wasn't portrayed as anyone's fault, or even anyone being careless. It's not very different from, say, the ingenuity festival episode. It's not something Serena would have criticized him for. Even Satoshi yelling at Mamane for giving him bad instructions comes across as reasonably justified anger.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Obviously there's no discussing this because...well, she didn't flip.

I think throwing a bunch of snowballs, nearly bursting into tears, and running away because Ash showed one of the very few instances of being mopey/immature...is flipping out IMO.

It would be one thing to say that Ash being more even-tempered in XY was just a coincidence in the grand scheme of the XY plot. It's another thing entirely to say that Ash was intentionally rewritten in such a way so that it reflects off Serena better.

The directors basically just admitted that they couldn't write Amourshipping in with the Ash that was there in Kanto-Sinnoh, or the Ash in Unova. They had to actively write a different characterization for the boy, and add in (or in this context, fabricate) a flashback for the sole purpose of pushing the ship forward with no regard for characterization or context.

-
At that point, the simple fact is that the ship mattered more to the writers than the characters in the ship themselves. That's....de-legitimizing, from my perspective.

This is why continuity is such a big deal for people. Seeing how a character progresses emotionally can go a long way toward making a ship seem genuinely created, rather than shoe-horned.

Basically sums it for me. Doesn't change the fact the ship is the most likely to be canon right now, but it just adds to how they handled this as a whole.

volcanionmaster123

Since for some reason everyone wants to talk about the snowball scene, I might as well add my take on it

Anyways, I think the snowball scene was both their faults. Yes, Serena snapped, but Satoshi did snap at her first (again, not intentionally), but if we were to take any "irl" lessons here, it's that most of the time, no one is right in arguments. The main thing was that they made up in the end, and Serena realized her mistake by the end. If she didn't, then we would've had an issue here

As for the XY Satoshi supposedly was written on purpose for Serena, Idk about that, I took it as they only started off as having him be an inspiration for Serena and THEN went from there and anything else in his personality is coincidental. And, besides, even if that were true, guys, we've been through this before. All Satoshi's are the same yet slightly different. Did everybody forget DP Satoshi where he imo was the most serious version yet? A drastic departure from AG. Did they do that cause they felt Dawn couldn't handle his goofy and stupid side? Of course not. BW Satoshi was way more goofy and childish and Dawn still handled him fine. Sure, their interactions could changed a bit, but it's not like she couldn't "handle" him. We've been through this before. I'm not so sure why it's a big deal now

Last edited:

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I think throwing a bunch of snowballs, nearly bursting into tears, and running away because Ash showed one of the very few instances of being mopey/immature...is flipping out IMO.

Basically sums it for me. Doesn't change the fact the ship is the most likely to be canon right now, but it just adds to how they handled this as a whole.

For me, Amour was handled better than it's predecessors and the lack of bantering feels a fresh change, makes the relationship look more mature. It shows the level of mutual understanding they have where they'd keep aside their differences and are willing to settle for something that the other one prefers without any conflict, like the moment where Ash postpones his gym battle with Wulfric, is patient with Serena and seems to be enjoying shopping which is definitely not which interests him (XYZ-45).

By standard definition Serena did flip out seeing Satoshi in a depressed state and when he refused to take her consultancy. But, I think she took quite a while before losing her control. Do you think any of the past main girls would have waited this long before flipping out ? Note that, Serena did leave him for around 6-10 hours alone (the whole night) to let him figure out himself how to get out of this predicament. But seeing the weather getting worse the next morning, she took the pain of finding Ash on herself without telling anybody else. Following scene shows her running out of breath searching frantically for Ash. When she finally ends up finding him and gently offers to help him, he refused and moreover snapped out at her angrily. Serena is not a saint, she got a personality and IMO had every reason in the world to get angry at him. Who knows how longer had it taken for Ash to snap out of it by himself without Serena's help ? Because to me, it seemed he was just sitting on the log doing nothing for hours.

As for how Ash from a past region would have worked with Serena, I think DP Ash would work, AG and Alola ones would probably work too. But, I don't see Unova/Kanto Ash working with Serena, I doubt Serena would even have crush on Ash from those regions to begin with. I mean it could work, Serena would have to adjust her personality traits accordingly, but then again Amour would lose it's charm to me.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Serena always showed a deep affection, admiration and care for Ash. No one else believed in Ash so much and admired him to that extent in my opinion. Ash was more important to her than anything else- she travelled 40 episodes with Ash without a goal, because she enjoyed travelling with Ash. When she eventually found a goal, Ash was still more important to her. After her first showcase loss, Ash played a role in her inspiration and motivation- I was evident when she wore the ribbon given by Ash. Ash was always an inspiration to her- she always was motivated by Ash give-up attitude. The winding woods episode showed how much Serena cared for Ash- even after Ash acted coldly towards her out of depression, she still was concerned for Ash sometime after. During the Kalos League, she was confident that Ash would always win, and even when Ash lost to Alain eventually in the finals, she smiled as she saw that Ash was smiling as he was satisfied with the battle. In the final episode of XY, she told that Ash was her goal and gave him a kiss, and left. I will never forget Serena! Serena's crush and admiration for Ash, Amourshipping overall always made me watch XY with double interest! It will always remain the best shipping to me.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I found a suspicious image. It's a fake, isn't it? There's no way Serena would suddenly appear in a "leak" for the Sun/Moon anime.

It's also not o the Serebii news page, meaning it's most likely fake.

Yeah that's definitely fake. I'd just wait and keep an eye on the anime spoilers forum to see if there are any Serena or Amourshipping news.

I guess if Serena does return we may get more moments but I'm hoping that they're more comedic or maybe one of Ash's classmates can play off of Amourshipping well with teasing or whatever.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
First off, just want to say that everyone has their own opinion on what "flipping out" actually is to them.

To me it was standard situation with genuine reactions because it was the first time they really reacted harshly to one another. This is what happens when you care a lot for someone, Serena was just trying to do whatever she could to get him out of his mood. It looked more like that Plan A failed, so she quickly went with plan B. I was actually glad to see that Serena stood up to him as she had every right to do so and I expect nothing less from her because of the person she is.

Also, it's not like she ran up to him to slapped him or pushed him down, it was snowballs. Nearly bursting into tears was normal too, because again...she cares a lot for him and felt hurt at the time because of what just occurred. It's called realism.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I found a suspicious image. It's a fake, isn't it? There's no way Serena would suddenly appear in a "leak" for the Sun/Moon anime.

If you didn't see it here first in Serebii then it's obviously fake.

But I have to admit, Serena looks so cute here. A big kudos to the artist.

Navin

MALDREAD

Even "mature" relationships need to have light-hearted banter. It shouldn't always be serious or polite. I felt they pushed one side well, but completely forgot about the other side.

But, I don't see Unova/Kanto Ash working with Serena, I doubt Serena would even have crush on Ash from those regions to begin with. I mean it could work, Serena would have to adjust her personality traits accordingly, but then again Amour would lose it's charm to me.

That's why I'd have preferred Serena using the camp flashback to meet Ash, but not necessarily already be head over heels for him by episode 7. Maybe devote like the first year for her to accept his strengths and flaws. It would have been better than status quo from the beginning, and not much afterwards.

Not saying it was unjustified, but the point was people criticize Misty/Iris for calling out Ash when he was mopey/immature (in series where he behaved more like that), and when it happened in XY, Serena acted similarly. Which begs the question how the ship would have worked in any other series.

I guess if Serena does return we may get more moments but I'm hoping that they're more comedic or maybe one of Ash's classmates can play off of Amourshipping well with teasing or whatever.

If the whole point was for Serena to gain XP about the world, they might as well have had her go with Ash. But I guess that would have taken focus from Lillie.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Not saying it was unjustified, but the point was people criticize Misty/Iris for calling out Ash when he was mopey/immature (in series where he behaved more like that), and when it happened in XY, Serena acted similarly. Which begs the question how the ship would have worked in any other series.

DP? Pretty much replace Ash vs Wulfric with Ash vs Paul (lake) and done though the former was more about Ash not being himself while the latter was about Paul just being that good so maybe the 2 aren't quite parallel but still DP Ash seems fine as far as Serena compatibility goes.

ZGMF-X666S Legend

Spatial Awareness

I had seen this image going on instagram a few days ago (well actually a few days before the New Year). I can also tell that it was fake although it's hard to prove to tell (which I think that whoever created this leaked image deserves a full credit for a good creativity). Anyways despite knowing that this is indeed fake, I'm still curious about the meaning of those texts written all over. It will be great if someone can translate those.

SatoSere

Serena meets Satoshi in Alola Region, travel together with new dreams and develop her love relationship. They are protagonists and heroes saves the world.
On the way Shigeru and Lillie travel with them. We all have faith that these moments happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45b4Cfbz9Ck

Pokémon Movie 20th - Kimi ni kimeta!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Serena meets Satoshi in Alola Region, travel together with new dreams and develop her love relationship. They are protagonists and heroes saves the world.
On the way Shigeru and Lillie travel with them. We all have faith that these moments happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45b4Cfbz9Ck

Pokémon Movie 20th - Kimi ni kimeta!

... Can you please give your source? Or the video's source? This rumor has been circulating since the details of the Sun and Moon series were known, and no one ever sourced it.