• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Navin

MALDREAD
What Sushi said is 100% correct
We already have a small community, why are you coming in and discrediting us? I'm looking at several of you, you know who you are. Negative discussion for a ship that you don't even ship, plus the fact that XY/XYZ is over is completely rude

You do know some of us were here in the very first version of this thread four years ago. I'm not "discrediting" anything. This is the current thing closest to canon, and will be for anytime soon.

If I follow your point , all the others Ash shipping have no Ash's hints?

Not at all. Just that he didn't necessarily show the most here, and it's fine if that is the case. It doesn't matter in the end.

"It ended up the way it did"

There were a lot of missed opportunities. It reached status quo too quickly. There wasn't much banter relatively. I could care less about the kiss - it was fine, but a much better ending would have simply been a May/Drew finale scene.

So XY&Z 45 is just "Ash asking Serena for a battle" ? Did we watch the same episode ? He asked her to "hang out" with him , he tried to cheer her up by doing shopping and going for a "date" (the things Serena normally likes) but he noticed that it didn't work so he asked her for a battle because he only had the battle left since he tried all the things she likes... After the battle was done he complimented her and her Pokemon and said "I will always be rooting for you Serena" meaning that he'll always try to cheer her up when she will again feeling sad and that he will always support her whatever her choice is.So... Is this not a hint for you? Is it just Ash asking randomly Serena to a battle like you described ? Everytime I see you here you try to be negative and reduce this ship as "100% Serena's hints, Ash doesn't even know she exists" so if you don't like the shipping why are you there just to put the shipping down ? Just follow the post above and leave.

I know what happened. Nothing above that is unambiguous. I don't know why you're getting so defensive about a simple point. One can still like something, but free to point out the limitations.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Not at all. Just that he didn't necessarily show the most here, and it's fine if that is the case. It doesn't matter in the end.

There were a lot of missed opportunities. It reached status quo too quickly. There wasn't much banter relatively. I could care less about the kiss - it was fine, but a much better ending would have simply been a May/Drew finale scene.

Just curious, in which ship do you think Ash showed most hints ? I assume it's Misty from the way you seem to give importance to jealousy and bantering/teasing as signs of characters potentially liking each other.

But, we should keep in mind that Ash of Kanto was totally polar opposite to the Ash we knew in XY/XYZ. Based on his personality in XYZ I think he might not have blushed even if Misty or Giselle kissed him like Serena did. Those sparkling eyes means he felt something about it and knows Serena likes him more than a friend. That's the difference between Ash's hints in Amourshipping and other ships. He never knew for instance that Misty liked him, he became too dense from mid-johto and afterwards. I still remember Ash's initial reaction when he came to know that Misty won't be traveling with him anymore. He said something like "It's great, now you got your bike, you get to home faster" ... and I was like seriously Ash? The first friend you made on your journey won't be traveling with you anymore and you don't seem to care ?

This left Misty heartbroken, her dialogue after this scene was "I can't believe how Ash could talk to me like that after all we've been through like it means nothing to him, the worst part.. he isn't even sad about us having to split up".

Yes, it's true that the original trio split was very emotional but I can't ignore Ash's initial reaction which made me ponder over how the split would have gone if Misty didn't get sad ?

Ash might have shown more blatant signs of liking Misty compared to Serena, but then again there were patchy moments like these which made Ash's side in Pokeshipping very complex. Amourshipping compared to other ships (only from Ash's side) is pretty smooth, Ash himself asked her to join the group, Ash never had pointless squabbles with Serena, never emotionally tried to hurt Serena except in XYZ-28 where he thanked her towards the end giving credit to her being instrumental in bringing him back to his sense and almost always found himself in agreement with Serena. This is easily debatable but, I think he showed more care and support to Serena than his previous traveling companions, he was more gentle with Serena like a cavalier. Lack of arguments between Ash and Serena shows the deep level of mutual understanding between them.

To conclude, in my opinion even from Ash's side Amour is the strongest. Maybe because care and support holds more importance for me than jealousy and blushes. A kiss was the best possible ending for Amour, only complaint I guess I have is those sparkling eyes of Ash should have lasted a bit longer. Sparkling eyes have defined many iconic moments in pokemon anime before and for me it was a perfect reaction from Ash to Serena's kiss keeping him in character.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Just curious, in which ship do you think Ash showed most hints ? I assume it's Misty from the way you seem to give importance to jealousy and bantering/teasing as signs of characters potentially liking each other.

But, we should keep in mind that Ash of Kanto was totally polar opposite to the Ash we knew in XY/XYZ. Based on his personality in XYZ I think he might not have blushed even if Misty or Giselle kissed him like Serena did. Those sparkling eyes means he felt something about it and knows Serena likes him more than a friend. That's the difference between Ash's hints in Amourshipping and other ships. He never knew for instance that Misty liked him, he became too dense from mid-johto and afterwards. I still remember Ash's initial reaction when he came to know that Misty won't be traveling with him anymore. He said something like "It's great, now you got your bike, you get to home faster" ... and I was like seriously Ash? The first friend you made on your journey won't be traveling with you anymore and you don't seem to care ?

This left Misty heartbroken, her dialogue after this scene was "I can't believe how Ash could talk to me like that after all we've been through like it means nothing to him, the worst part.. he isn't even sad about us having to split up".

Yes, it's true that the original trio split was very emotional but I can't ignore Ash's initial reaction which made me ponder over how the split would have gone if Misty didn't get sad ?

Ash might have shown more blatant signs of liking Misty compared to Serena, but then again there were patchy moments like these which made Ash's side in Pokeshipping very complex. Amourshipping compared to other ships (only from Ash's side) is pretty smooth, Ash himself asked her to join the group, Ash never had pointless squabbles with Serena, never emotionally tried to hurt Serena except in XYZ-28 where he thanked her towards the end giving credit to her being instrumental in bringing him back to his sense and almost always found himself in agreement with Serena. This is easily debatable but, I think he showed more care and support to Serena than his previous traveling companions, he was more gentle with Serena like a cavalier. Lack of arguments between Ash and Serena shows the deep level of mutual understanding between them.

To conclude, in my opinion even from Ash's side Amour is the strongest. Maybe because care and support holds more importance for me than jealousy and blushes. A kiss was the best possible ending for Amour, only complaint I guess I have is those sparkling eyes of Ash should have lasted a bit longer. Sparkling eyes have defined many iconic moments in pokemon anime before and for me it was a perfect reaction from Ash to Serena's kiss keeping him in character.

WOW, this post is phenomenal! Great job and thank you! Wish more people argued as clear and concise as you.

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer

Very well said I agree completely with your point about Ash treating Serena differently. He consistently was putting his own goals aside for her like with the showcases and really seemed to have a connection with her. Granted it may be the XYZ character development but they just seem to share a special bond that was consistent. Now I'm not bashing other ships but Amour just seemed to be much more consistent with a very obvious set of hints from Serena and some pretty solid ones from Ash especially considering his character. Granted I don't expect her to pop up anytime soon until at least maybe Gen 8 but whenever she does it would maybe be a great thing if we get to see how Ash treats her versus other female companions.

Navin

MALDREAD

OS Ash showed the most blatant stuff. That being said, I think Ash/Dawn had the best overall bond. In the end, it doesn't matter: this is the closest-to-canon pairing, and it's at the very least a likeable one.

Being dense or aware doesn't mean all that much. Especially when the latter happens at the very last scene, so the consequences of that are never explored.

Yes. However, I agree it may not have worked This is easily debatable but, I think he showed more care and support to Serena than his previous traveling companions, he was more gentle with Serena like a cavalier. Lack of arguments between Ash and Serena shows the deep level of mutual understanding between them.

The issue with BW/XY/SM Ash is that he's almost 'manipulated', for lack of a better word, to be a certain way each series. XY Ash was the 'cool', 'inspirational' guy who would act knightly; however, would the snarkier, more immature BW Ash have acted similarly, or the hyper enthusiastic SM Ash?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
The issue with BW/XY/SM Ash is that he's almost 'manipulated', for lack of a better word, to be a certain way each series. XY Ash was the 'cool', 'inspirational' guy who would act knightly; however, would the snarkier, more immature BW Ash have acted similarly, or the hyper enthusiastic SM Ash?

Heh, maybe he shaped up for Serena.

Jorgesnoopy

Hey all, haven't been around since XYZ ended. Any news at all on Serena? I've been trying to keep up with SM but it really isnt anywhere near as good as last year. I feel like its going no where, and the insane number of fillers is boring me to death. How's the community holding up? I assume there's a lot of people like me.

Heekful

Hey all, haven't been around since XYZ ended. Any news at all on Serena? I've been trying to keep up with SM but it really isnt anywhere near as good as last year. I feel like its going no where, and the insane number of fillers is boring me to death. How's the community holding up? I assume there's a lot of people like me.

Aside from the interview by Yajima and the 20th anniversary pokenchi which talked a lot about Serena (and the kiss scene) there's no news about Serena this year and it will probably last till 2019 depending of the special episodes they choose to do. About SM I won't talk much since it's not the topic but I feel you, it's the same for me.

The community is doing great , still crazy active on Twitter/FB and every social medias but here it's not the same since everytime someone wants to talk some guys come here to shoot Amourshippers down for no reasons. A lot of Amourshippers who used to be here moved on to the SS Amour , the others just left until something happen.

Jorgesnoopy

Aside from the interview by Yajima and the 20th anniversary pokenchi which talked a lot about Serena (and the kiss scene) there's no news about Serena this year and it will probably last till 2019 depending of the special episodes they choose to do. About SM I won't talk much since it's not the topic but I feel you, it's the same for me.

The community is doing great , still crazy active on Twitter/FB and every social medias but here it's not the same since everytime someone wants to talk some guys come here to shoot Amourshippers down for no reasons. A lot of Amourshippers who used to be here moved on to the SS Amour , the others just left until something happen.

What did the interview say? And anyone know how ratings are doing compared to XY?

Mr. Guy

Banned

Why on earth would you compare the end of one series to the beginning of another?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
What did the interview say? And anyone know how ratings are doing compared to XY?

They're roughly the same. SM ratings on July 6 2017 were 3.6 (whatever that means. I don't know if it's millions of viewers or percentage of viewers or what), XYZ ratings on July 21 2016 were 3.4, and XY ratings on July 30 2015 were 3.6.

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer
Anyone else heard about that interview where they confirmed Ash 10 forever? I heard it on a Youtube video and wanted to get a more reliable source? Also it would obviously affect Amour as it would counter the point of Serena coming back a more mature woman.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Anyone else heard about that interview where they confirmed Ash 10 forever? I heard it on a Youtube video and wanted to get a more reliable source? Also it would obviously affect Amour as it would counter the point of Serena coming back a more mature woman.

Literal years have passed in the anime while Ash has remained 10, so I'm not entirely sure how much it even matters anymore. But here you go, since you wanted it.

SatoSere

You have to remember that the kiss was covered up because this is a show meant for children and just having a kiss like that is already a big deal. Tetsuo Yajima stated that in his interview, this was the best that he can do in terms of kissing. The staff cannot show them directly kissing and instead, he went to the idea of showing Serena's feet leaning upwards to imply the kiss. That alone is already a big deal. It's more than enough to be classified as a "class S".

This was the first time that they have to censor a kiss. Ash has been kissed before but those were in the cheeks and this was the first time that they heavily implied that Ash actually had his first kiss.

The feelings and love between Satoshi and Serena have formed a special bond between them being a beautiful canon couple.
Regardless of the difficulties along the way. There are good hopes that they are going to be reunited and be together in Alola and region(s).

Ash especially considering his character.

There is no perfect male character, because he has his way of being and express his feelings.
The protagonists boys are sometimes distracted types in many things beyond their dreams. However, when a boy and a girl demonstrate with their actions, words, moments, thoughts, worries manage to realize their true feelings, happiness, love to each other and they lips kiss, become a couple. This is seen in most of the animes, a similar situation occurs in pokémon with Satoshi&Serena. I believe as many in the near future, Satoshi and Serena live together as love couple, teach their children about Pokémon and many important things for everyone.

Rather than there already being showcases in Alola, I think what would be even better is if Serena is in Alola specially to promote Showcases, where there could be an event. All the characters and Ash hear about this and go to the event, and that's how Ash meets Serena again. With this, I feel it gives Serena a better reason to stay for a longer period of time if she returns.

Also, I would like to see Serena catches some new Pokémon, has Z-Ring, learns Z-Moves, new dreams that relates to Showcases or Contest, save the world with Satoshi and her friends.

Leaving Ash to follow her dreams was the best possible outcome for Serena's character.

If you're a fan of Serena, you should be glad her story was given a satisfying conclusion.

For a lot of people, is important that Satoshi and Serena make their dreams come true with their pokémon like all. Also, SatoSere's relationship, their feelings and love as humans&couple in pokémon story. Both things are equally important for everyone.
Everyone believes with all their hearts in Pokémon going to give a happy ending to Satoshi and Serena with their dreams fulfilled and become in canonical couple in the world.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
The feelings and love between Satoshi and Serena have formed a special bond between them being a beautiful canon couple.
Regardless of the difficulties along the way. There are good hopes that they are going to be reunited and be together in Alola and region(s).

There is no perfect male character, because he has his way of being and express his feelings.
The protagonists boys are sometimes distracted types in many things beyond their dreams. However, when a boy and a girl demonstrate with their actions, words, moments, thoughts, worries manage to realize their true feelings, happiness, love to each other and they lips kiss, become a couple. This is seen in most of the animes, a similar situation occurs in pokémon with Satoshi&Serena. I believe as many in the near future, Satoshi and Serena live together as love couple, teach their children about Pokémon and many important things for everyone.

Also, I would like to see Serena catches some new Pokémon, has Z-Ring, learns Z-Moves, new dreams that relates to Showcases or Contest, save the world with Satoshi and her friends.

For a lot of people, is important that Satoshi and Serena make their dreams come true with their pokémon like all. Also, SatoSere's relationship, their feelings and love as humans&couple in pokémon story. Both things are equally important for everyone.
Everyone believes with all their hearts in Pokémon going to give a happy ending to Satoshi and Serena with their dreams fulfilled and become in canonical couple in the world.

I'd love for things to work out like that as much as the next guy, but at this point, I think that we need to take what we got and be happy with it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. From here on out, there's not going to be a lot handed to us, if at all. Everyone who came before knows it to be true, and we will too if we don't already. I honestly feel like you've been banging this drum since October.

Honestly, I really do wish that SM was a traditional series like the rest. I do really miss the Serena4Alola days last year. I heard the theory and I thought that y'all were completely nuts, but it grew on me. They do say that uSM is in an alternate universe. I wonder how alternate, and whether or not it will extend into the anime. Imagine if this entire school plot ends and gets written off as an alternate universe for Ash, and the series starts again with him traveling through Alola.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
While it may be hyperbole to assume the producer's statement that M20 diverged from the main anime via Ho-Oh feather (there were more differences within those two universes), it did make me wonder about M20 Ash and Serena's relationship considering that (in theory) they would have met the same way back in Oak's Summer Camp years ago. The difference now is that Ash has taken a different route of Kanto with new encounters of Pokémon and people. How would M20 Ash met the M20 version of Serena? And would it play out differently?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
While it may be hyperbole to assume the producer's statement that M20 diverged from the main anime via Ho-Oh feather (there were more differences within those two universes), it did make me wonder about M20 Ash and Serena's relationship considering that (in theory) they would have met the same way back in Oak's Summer Camp years ago. The difference now is that Ash has taken a different route of Kanto with new encounters of Pokémon and people. How would M20 Ash met the M20 version of Serena? And would it play out differently?

I've been thinking the same as well. Considering Ash was travelling alone in that universe (and the fact he has three badges implies he's passed Pewter and Cerulean gyms already thus not travelling with the other two) sure shows that universe things will play out different.

Considering TR doesn't seem to be into Pikachu that could mean they wouldn't be chasing Ash all the time and, by consequence, not follow him to Kalos (supposing he goes there) which would prevent Serena from seeing him on TV and all.

I mean, for all we know, seeing Ash on TV was what pushed Serena into going to Lumiose to get her first pokémon. Would she still go to a journey if she didn't see Ash? Or maybe she'd find him earlier?

Torterraaaa

So anyone else feel that Misty and Brock's appearances make the odds for a Serena mini-arc in the future look significantly better?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So anyone else feel that Misty and Brock's appearances make the odds for a Serena mini-arc in the future look significantly better?

I said it on the SS earlier, and I'll say it again here. You'd have to be nuts if you think they would bring back Misty from 15 years ago and not Serena from ten months ago.