• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Time to get this thread on the move!

A. Would you have Serena appear in a cameo in SM?

B. Would you have Serena have her own episode?

C. Would you have Serena appear in Gen 8?

Which one would you guys want?

I think the best way to incorporate Serena's return to the anime would be toawrds the end of Sun and moon, that way she would be able to complete her goals in Hoenn. Maybe have her come back when ash returns to pallet town and have her meet some of Ash's pokemon at Oak's lab and return to the spot where whet she first met Ash. This could also be used to set her up as a companion to for the next gen and allow some possible shipping moments.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hey guys. Keep in mind this is not the Serena fab club. Discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping.

Carry on.

Rajas

Well I believe her return could facilitate actually forming a more solid foundation for said ship but again it's disappointing seeing that they never carry anything through.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Sure, as long as Serena doesn't interact with Ash. We know that in the last episode, Serena would want to be a better person (I know she said "woman" in Japanese but for the sake of avoiding any sexism, I'll just use "person" instead) by the time she reunites with Ash and it would be too early for her to see Ash. If she's to see Ash again in SM then it should be by the end of the anime though I still feel like that would be too early but who knows.

For me, this would be the best option. With a special episode, we'll see how well Serena is doing so far in Hoenn. This would also avoid any direct contact with Ash. In any event that Ash would need to be brought up, she'd probably keep thinking of him as inspiration to keep going or there would be some sort of indirect contact between them like a letter or video message. BTW, considering all the technology that they have, why do these people doesn't have any mobile phones which is very convenient to keep in touch with friends and family? lolz XD

IMO, this option is the least likely to happen. By tradition, new characters are introduced and if any recurring characters would reappear, it would be the characters from the last recent gen (being Gen 7). There's no room for Serena to be here unless the writers really have a solid reason (most likely to promote a new feature in the games or something like that). Serena will need a reason to be in Gen 8 and not just so she could follow Ash again. I loved how the writers handled her character in XY, there was a balance between her goal and admiration for Ash (basically, she wasn't just there just to be Ash's love interest), resulting to a good character development and that is something that needs to happen in Gen 8 if she were ever to reappear. But still, even for Gen 8, I still think it would be too early for her to reunite with Ash but if given a good reasoning then I don't see why she shouldn't.

Overall, I'm okay with all three options with the second being they best one for me. As long as the writers have a solid reason, I'm fine with how she is going to be reintroduced. Misty and Brock were able to return after all these years even for just two episodes and I don't mind waiting for Serena to return as long as the writers handle it well.

Sure, as long as Serena doesn't interact with Ash. We know that in the last episode, Serena would want to be a better person (I know she said "woman" in Japanese but for the sake of avoiding any sexism, I'll just use "person" instead) by the time she reunites with Ash and it would be too early for her to see Ash. If she's to see Ash again in SM then it should be by the end of the anime though I still feel like that would be too early but who knows.

For me, this would be the best option. With a special episode, we'll see how well Serena is doing so far in Hoenn. This would also avoid any direct contact with Ash. In any event that Ash would need to be brought up, she'd probably keep thinking of him as inspiration to keep going or there would be some sort of indirect contact between them like a letter or video message. BTW, considering all the technology that they have, why do these people doesn't have any mobile phones which is very convenient to keep in touch with friends and family? lolz XD

IMO, this option is the least likely to happen. By tradition, new characters are introduced and if any recurring characters would reappear, it would be the characters from the last recent gen (being Gen 7). There's no room for Serena to be here unless the writers really have a solid reason (most likely to promote a new feature in the games or something like that). Serena will need a reason to be in Gen 8 and not just so she could follow Ash again. I loved how the writers handled her character in XY, there was a balance between her goal and admiration for Ash (basically, she wasn't just there just to be Ash's love interest), resulting to a good character development and that is something that needs to happen in Gen 8 if she were ever to reappear. But still, even for Gen 8, I still think it would be too early for her to reunite with Ash but if given a good reasoning then I don't see why she shouldn't.

Overall, I'm okay with all three options with the second being they best one for me. As long as the writers have a solid reason, I'm fine with how she is going to be reintroduced. Misty and Brock were able to return after all these years even for just two episodes and I don't mind waiting for Serena to return as long as the writers handle it well.

I think B and C would be the best options :)

Just a reminder everyone, AmourShipping day in 20 days!

20 days until we reminisce about the fateful day that Serena kissed Ash and when the community was at its peak!

So many many memories! Just going back to the pages of the day of the kiss makes me miss the old days

Sigh....

Epicocity

I think B and C would be the best options :)

Just a reminder everyone, AmourShipping day in 20 days!

20 days until we reminisce about the fateful day that Serena kissed Ash and when the community was at its peak!

So many many memories! Just going back to the pages of the day of the kiss makes me miss the old days

Sigh....

Amourshipping Day is in 9 days, not 20/19. It's the day that XY first aired on October 17th. I don't know where all of these other dates come from...other than Amourshipping Week, but that's something else. So, yeah, about a week before that whole thing.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don't exactly understand this sentiment of why fans want Gen 8 to be Serena's return rather than the current one.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Amourshipping Day is in 9 days, not 20/19. It's the day that XY first aired on October 17th. I don't know where all of these other dates come from...other than Amourshipping Week, but that's something else. So, yeah, about a week before that whole thing.

I figured that we could just take the 17th to the 27th and call it AmourShipping Week.

Rajas

I don't exactly understand this sentiment of why fans want Gen 8 to be Serena's return rather than the current one.

Think it has to do with the amount of characters already existing and they want a full proper build for Serena. That would be my reason anyways.

Epicocity

I figured that we could just take the 17th to the 27th and call it AmourShipping Week.

Amourshipping week is actually January 1st-7th. Don't ask me why; I didn't make these rules, so...that's sadly how it is. And that would be 10 days anyway.

Johtohfiller

SM's art style is controversial and some fans don't want to see her with that look.

If she does come back this gen I'm betting on some #MallowKnows.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
SM's art style is controversial and some fans don't want to see her with that look.

This logic runs on the assumption that Gen 8's art is superior to Gen 7's. Which makes no sense.

Janovy

Banned
I thought Amourshippers would want Serena back as soon as possible for more shippy interactions.

Do you find the art that much more important?

I think Serena and SM Ash would have great interactions.

Rajas

I thought Amourshippers would want Serena back as soon as possible for more shippy interactions.

I want her back mainly because I liked her character. The romance with Ash was actually pleasant as well but I wanted her to be a full time character similar to what I wanted for Brock. That being said, she can easily be incorporated into SM if necessary, I just want her to be better when she comes back.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Hopefully not where she's still looking up to him like he can do no wrong. I'd like for them to have a little more playful banter and to actually see something from Ash's side so that it stops looking so one sided.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Personally want Iris to appear first so more time passes by between XY and her return. Better save the episodes long cameo for Gen 8 and maybe even the special episode if she'll get one.

My headcanon would be the special episode somewhere near the beginning of the Gen 8 anime with her already having some experience for contest, her deciding to participate on the 8th gen region's contest, her meeting Ash multiple times in the series and after Ash winning the 8th gen league a flash forward with Ash marrying Serena and write him of for good.
Sadly won't happen.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Time to get this thread on the move!

Which one would you guys want?

A. SM doesn't deserve to have Serena appear. Let the series sink already; even Misty and Brock couldn't save the ratings, lmao.

B. This is my top choice. Although we won't get to see any physical interaction between our favorite couple, I'd love to see how Serena is doing on her own in Hoenn. Like someone else said, maybe the two could video-chat each other or something. Better than nothing.

C. I would be fine with this too. Honestly, I'd want a special in Hoenn and from that to tie into a physical reunion for the pair in Gen VIII. I say this because apparently, there are rumors going around of the next region being set in Europe again and based off of a combination of Spain and the U.K. Seeing as how we didn't get to see Kiloude City in the anime (or any of Southern Kalos, for that matter), this makes a lot of sense and could possibly end up being a neighbor to Kalos, kind of like Kanto and Johto, except it'd be north and south, not east and west.

Oh hey, you're alive.

Did you forget what happened on Oct. 27, 2016 or...?

Please read my response to PowerUp's question A on this same post.

Hopefully not where she's still looking up to him like he can do no wrong. I'd like for them to have a little more playful banter and to actually see something from Ash's side so that it stops looking so one sided.

I still don't know where in XY/Z did Serena ever look up to Ash as if he's some perfect god or something. Can you give me an example please?

Janovy

Banned
A. SM doesn't deserve to have Serena appear. Let the series sink already; even Misty and Brock couldn't save the ratings, lmao.
Hey hey hey, just because you hate SM doesn't make it right to make up stuff about ratings.

Rating-wise, SM is doing better than XY. :eek:

Heekful