• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Rajas

Let's not forget to do that they had to travel double the distance and also as Ash conquered the Snowbelle gym, the league was already a coupe weeks away which meant Ash cut it on the line for Serena to do her thing, how genuinely happy he was seeing Serena and her Pokemon happy etc. He may be poor with words but his actions help reinforce he isn't as dumb even if he doesn't realize it.

Epicocity

Let's not forget to do that they had to travel double the distance and also as Ash conquered the Snowbelle gym, the league was already a coupe weeks away which meant Ash cut it on the line for Serena to do her thing, how genuinely happy he was seeing Serena and her Pokemon happy etc. He may be poor with words but his actions help reinforce he isn't as dumb even if he doesn't realize it.

This, really. We've never had the League announcement (to my knowledge) come before Ash earns his final badge, but here it was announced the episode beforehand, showing that Ash just barely made the deadline. If he hadn't done what he did for Serena, he would have had far more time to prepare for the League. On the flipside, though, he may not have mastered Ash-Greninja, if you think about it. But anyway, that cutting close and deferring his own journey for her is why we consider it such a major hint. It's the same reason we consider him giving the ribbon such a big hint: because it was the first time he'd ever given a gift to one of the Pokegirls without prompting from someone else.

Rajas

This, really. We've never had the League announcement (to my knowledge) come before Ash earns his final badge, but here it was announced the episode beforehand, showing that Ash just barely made the deadline. If he hadn't done what he did for Serena, he would have had far more time to prepare for the League. On the flipside, though, he may not have mastered Ash-Greninja, if you think about it. But anyway, that cutting close and deferring his own journey for her is why we consider it such a major hint. It's the same reason we consider him giving the ribbon such a big hint: because it was the first time he'd ever given a gift to one of the Pokegirls without prompting from someone else.

Indeed, I believe the day he arrived the Lumiose was the last day to register, which is why Serena pulled him away from battle, as you said, these tings were a new part of Ash we never saw before. You're right about the Greninja thing though but in a way it sort of shows how necessary they were to each other's growth in XY.

Navin

MALDREAD
Did people really think Ash was going to outright confess his love for Serena?

There are ways to depict mutual affection without having a direct confession.

I don’t really get why people still refer to end of XYZ Serena’s feelings for Ash as a “crush”. I’ve gone more in depth on this in another thread, but I would classify end of XYZ Serena’s feelings as genuine love.

As much as a ten-year-old understands "love." It's "young love", if anything.

Actually, the reason it's talked as it is for a hint is because if we go back to AG, there was a time when Ash complained about putting off his gym battle for May's Contest, but in the end they went to the Contest first even if Ash didn't want to. It was the fact that in XY, without even thinking about it that Ash stated they were going out of their way to the Master Class is why it's treated as such. It showed how Ash was willing to put Serena's goal before his gym battle even though they had already agreed to head to Snowbelle City...

That has more to do with Ash's maturity than with a specific person. Also, Kalos isn't that big either.

Genaller

Silver Soul
There are ways to depict mutual affection without having a direct confession.

As much as a ten-year-old understands "love." It's "young love", if anything.

That has more to do with Ash's maturity than with a specific person. Also, Kalos isn't that big either.

And I would say that Ash did show reciprocation (gawking at Fennikin cosplay, glistening eyes after the kiss, the Amour moments being in his flashback sequence and not Serena’s.not to mention of all things he bothered remembering a supposedly filler scene in XYZ 22 of him falling on Serena), but any anti-Amour person would just spout “ambiguous”.

That’s a meaningless rebuttal to me since I don’t acknowledge either of them as 10 :p.

I thought you thought DP Ash was more mature.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
And I would say that Ash did show reciprocation (gawking at Fennikin cosplay, glistening eyes after the kiss, the Amour moments being in his flashback sequence and not Serena’s.not to mention of all things he bothered remembering a supposedly filler scene in XYZ 22 of him falling on Serena), but any anti-Amour person would just spout “ambiguous”.

It's not "anti-Amour" to say some of those are ambiguous though. They're hints that can be interpreted to your liking, but not anything definitive.

That’s a meaningless rebuttal to me since I don’t acknowledge either of them as 10 :p.

Well they are "10", whatever that means in PokeWorld.

I thought you thought DP Ash was more mature.

Yeah...? My point is AG Ash behaving like that doesn't mean he doesn't like May as much compared to Serena, but that was just a lack of maturity on his part. IIRC XY Ash wanted to train instead of helping Serena with Pokevision, and only reluctantly agreed later.

Genaller

Silver Soul
It's not "anti-Amour" to say some of those are ambiguous though. They're hints that can be interpreted to your liking, but not anything definitive.

Well they are "10", whatever that means in PokeWorld.

Yeah...? My point is AG Ash behaving like that doesn't mean he doesn't like May as much compared to Serena, but that was just a lack of maturity on his part. IIRC XY Ash wanted to train instead of helping Serena with Pokevision, and only reluctantly agreed later.

Never said you were man. Being anti-Amour => spouting ambiguous. I made no claim about what any non anti-amour person would do.

Sure they’re “10”; however, in this case you can’t apply emotional norms of 10 year olds in our world to the pokeword.

Well Ash would obviously have been the 1 to more gradually gain feelings (what kind of feelings would be subject to interpretation), so him being reluctant in XY 21, but putting Serena’s goal over his without any hesitation all the way in XYZ does show progression (at least in terms of his friendship if nothing else).

Last edited:

Heekful

IIRC XY Ash wanted to train instead of helping Serena with Pokevision, and only reluctantly agreed later.

This is a proof that there was an improvement in their relationship. In XY021, Ash wanted to train instead of helping Serena and about 80 episodes later in XY&Z 16 he moved his gym battle for her... It definitely show a development between them. You can actually see exactly the same thing in "the first date" in XY059, 80 episodes later in XY&Z 45 : Ash improved, this time he didn't run off and he helped Serena. It shows that Amourshipping had a develoment after all even if it lacked of genuine moments (especially in XY&Z).

Rajas

I'd always say that the moment when they had the second date, was genuinely a proper one even if Serena was struggling at the time. He did everything for her there, even realized she wasn't there Serena he usually knows, battled her to help her understand what she had to do, to help him get her to open up to him as well and eventually gave her the push she needed. All these are genuine signs that he cared about her more than he usually showed to anyone.

Epicocity

I'd always say that the moment when they had the second date, was genuinely a proper one even if Serena was struggling at the time. He did everything for her there, even realized she wasn't there Serena he usually knows, battled her to help her understand what she had to do, to help him get her to open up to him as well and eventually gave her the push she needed. All these are genuine signs that he cared about her more than he usually showed to anyone.

The irony when you realize the more proper date wasn't even advertised or explicitly stated/hinted at compared to the disastrous first one.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Do you think Hypno is going to show something Serena-related while hypnotizing Ash in the next next episode?
As awesome as that would be, I doubt Hypno is going to show Ash anything Serena-related. There's no reason to bring Serena—even a flashback of her—into the current SM storyline.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
As awesome as that would be, I doubt Hypno is going to show Ash anything Serena-related. There's no reason to bring Serena—even a flashback of her—into the current SM storyline.

This.

There's no reason to bring back Serena right now. It wouldn't make sense for the plot and be nothing more than fanservice...which I'm already tired of from the Kanto two-parter (but that's a different story).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Do you think Hypno is going to show something Serena-related while hypnotizing Ash in the next next episode?

No, because it doesn't make any sense why she should be in the dream. Besides, Hypno hypnotizes you and makes you have nightmares, and pretty sure Serena wouldn't be in such a dream.

Navin

MALDREAD
This is a proof that there was an improvement in their relationship. In XY021, Ash wanted to train instead of helping Serena and about 80 episodes later in XY&Z 16 he moved his gym battle for her... It definitely show a development between them. You can actually see exactly the same thing in "the first date" in XY059, 80 episodes later in XY&Z 45 : Ash improved, this time he didn't run off and he helped Serena. It shows that Amourshipping had a develoment after all even if it lacked of genuine moments (especially in XY&Z).

That's fair. I just think too much of his side was too subtle or subject to interpretation, when they should have just straight-up been more direct about things (like have him get jealous, he did in OS, why not now; or in OS/AG/DP Ash x Female Companion were openly teased, yet strangely that doesn't happen in XY). Also, the amount of wasted opportunities (the "date" episode; the "dance" episode).

Rajas

The irony when you realize the more proper date wasn't even advertised or explicitly stated/hinted at compared to the disastrous first one.

Depressingly ironic tbh, the second one had so much substance.

The best chance they had of something remotely related to this imo would be Nebby teleporting Ash to the airport while in the background they're calling boarding for a flight to Hoenn. I say this because I don't think Nebby has the power to go that far.

That's fair. I just think too much of his side was too subtle or subject to interpretation, when they should have just straight-up been more direct about things (like have him get jealous, he did in OS, why not now; or in OS/AG/DP Ash x Female Companion were openly teased, yet strangely that doesn't happen in XY). Also, the amount of wasted opportunities (the "date" episode; the "dance" episode).

Well with relation for it being subtle on Ash's side, it's mostly because they had his character built like that in XY , they did not want to make anything full blown especially considering we all know Serena would not become a main companion anytime soon (if she became a multi region companion things would be different probably then but also considering the restrictions the show has in general with showing a kiss on the lips there would only be so much further progress to show that won't lead to more kisses etc). Also the lack of teasing openly was not done because they showed how Serena dealt with Miette, she would not handle being publicly called his girlfriend in front his face then that would lead to the slope of Ash either scoffing at it like previous regions or just smiling which would again put them in a predicament. The dance I would agree was a waste though as well as the first date until the last 5 minutes or so. He also did not have a reason to get jealous as Serena only had eyes for him, she swatted away Tierno without even considering anything else.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Woh wait a moment ash never got jealous in OS it was more like those gym leaders didn't gave him attention and reply to his challenge. If anything that was classical ash showing his classic cocky attitude he had in OS and AG.

Though you are right about wasted chances, especially the flashbacks should have been more fleshed out and explained and hype titles of date and dance episodes were also bait and watch. Though in so called date episode he did gave her a gift which is first for him and they do spent a time in another unofficial date episode XY&Z 45.

sunofdarkchild

New news about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seems pretty exiting. With so many villains returning, could past heroes be included as well? And could this transfer to the anime? If so then the games may have provided a way for Serena (and every other ally like May and Dawn) to come back. Even if this doesn't happen, it could still be interesting to see if the anime follows the new games' story at all. Also, according to Nintendo's recent reports, it is trying to get Pokemon Switch finished by the end of 2018. It will probably be delayed, but this could be another short generation like XY was, and that would mean fewer Sun/Moon seasons. Odds are still against a return, but there may be a bit more hope for amourshipping than previously thought.

I finished my watch-through of the Diamond and Pearl seasons. Skipping black/white except for the movies. Just going by those movies, I really don't like Ash's companions in B/W. The food joke got old immediately, and Iris was just annoying. Next week I'll finally get to XY and will see how amourshipping all began.

Rajas

New news about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seems pretty exiting. With so many villains returning, could past heroes be included as well? And could this transfer to the anime? If so then the games may have provided a way for Serena (and every other ally like May and Dawn) to come back. Even if this doesn't happen, it could still be interesting to see if the anime follows the new games' story at all. Also, according to Nintendo's recent reports, it is trying to get Pokemon Switch finished by the end of 2018. It will probably be delayed, but this could be another short generation like XY was, and that would mean fewer Sun/Moon seasons. Odds are still against a return, but there may be a bit more hope for amourshipping than previously thought.

I finished my watch-through of the Diamond and Pearl seasons. Skipping black/white except for the movies. Just going by those movies, I really don't like Ash's companions in B/W. The food joke got old immediately, and Iris was just annoying. Next week I'll finally get to XY and will see how amourshipping all began.

While that would be awesome, the characters are already stacked in SM so it may be difficult. Unsure if they would fully use the USUM plot but I could see them make a watered down version. If anything, I still don't see Serena returning soon although I wish she did.
Also enjoy XY! Probably one of the two series I can watch over and over again :D