• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Is SatoSere still popular in Japan, one year after the separation of the XY gang?

Well, seeing as how there are still a bevy of artists and writers creating new pieces of art and literature on a consistent basis, yes; AmourShipping is still on a lot of peoples' minds. I don't think anyone will ever forget what it is.

Rajas

Her new figurine is also available for pre-order on Thursday, same day as the Ash/Lapras figurine as well. I do believe her figurines are highly popular compared to the other companions but I'm not too sure of it.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Her new figurine is also available for pre-order on Thursday, same day as the Ash/Lapras figurine as well. I do believe her figurines are highly popular compared to the other companions but I'm not too sure of it.

If you, or know anyone that will, find a link that leads to pre-ordering that upcoming masterpiece (Serena & Sylveon), please share it here or in a VM!

I ordered the Ash-Greninja figure too and I definitely want this new Serena figurine so the two can be paired together on my shelf. The OTP will live on! :)

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Is SatoSere still popular in Japan, one year after the separation of the XY gang?

While it's not gaining much attention as it used to back in XY days, we are still getting enough fanarts and fanfics. Amourshipping's popularity will remain for as long as people love Serena. No one will easily forget about her and Ash's chemistry which has become a big help for her character growth.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
She's not really that popular in Japan anymore. Japan prefer dawn and May a lot more. However I believe Serena is still quite popular outside of Japan tho

If I may ask, do you have any proof behind this statement? Because from what I've seen, Serena and Amourshipping is still rather popular over there. not to the amount it was during XY/Z, but I still see fanart/fanfics being published frequently

Epicocity

If I may ask, do you have any proof behind this statement? Because from what I've seen, Serena and Amourshipping is still rather popular over there. not to the amount it was during XY/Z, but I still see fanart/fanfics being published frequently

Not to mention the GEM figurine with Sylveon that's coming out in April. But yeah, just a couple weeks ago with the kiss there was a lot of year anniversary artwork popping up all over Twitter from Japanese artists.

Satoshi no masara

She's not really that popular in Japan anymore. Japan prefer dawn and May a lot more. However I believe Serena is still quite popular outside of Japan tho

Amourshipping wise, it got toned down a little but Serena is still as popular as Dawn is. Heck, from what I can tell based on fanarts and fan novels, Serena is still gathering enough of them.

Rajas

If you, or know anyone that will, find a link that leads to pre-ordering that upcoming masterpiece (Serena & Sylveon), please share it here or in a VM!

I ordered the Ash-Greninja figure too and I definitely want this new Serena figurine so the two can be paired together on my shelf. The OTP will live on! :)

I saw it was scheduled to come out the same day as the Lapras and Ash figurine for pre-order but apparently people are struggling to find it to order.

Really? I find this hard to believe for some reason especially May. I think Serena still is above the rest in popularity and she has a strong following that won't change imo.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

I recently did a poll on Google Plus Japanese pokemon community. It may have less votes but here is the result:
https://plus.google.com/118435292856885868395/posts/9bxuz7eWf6b

In west, her popularity is still big, we have a 735 member amourshipping community on G+

That's a pretty huge gap between Serena and Dawn who came in 2nd. I'm surprised to see that May got higher vote than Misty did.

Anyway, we don't really need any poll/survey to tell us Serena's popularity. She won't be forgotten off so easily. She's made her own legacy in the anime and is one of the most well developed character. Amourshipping, hands down, will also be one of the most well known shipping in the Pokemon fandom. I mean, the kiss made a history and that is something that will mark in every fan's memory in the coming years.

(BTW, I voted anonymously there and I think you guys already know who I voted, lolz)

That's a pretty huge gap between Serena and Dawn who came in 2nd. I'm surprised to see that May got higher vote than Misty did.

Anyway, we don't really need any poll/survey to tell us Serena's popularity. She won't be forgotten off so easily. She's made her own legacy in the anime and is one of the most well developed character. Amourshipping, hands down, will also be one of the most well known shipping in the Pokemon fandom. I mean, the kiss made a history and that is something that will mark in every fan's memory in the coming years.

(BTW, I voted anonymously there and I think you guys already know who I voted, lolz)

tbh her popularity will keep on decreasing as time goes . Amourshipping is not a canon, but has the most chance to happen. But if Ash never wins a league and keeps continuing his journey; after a decade or so, Serena and well as amourshipping will become more and more unpopular.

Satoshi no masara

tbh her popularity will keep on decreasing as time goes . Amourshipping is not a canon, but has the most chance to happen. But if Ash never wins a league and keeps continuing his journey; after a decade or so, Serena and well as amourshipping will become more and more unpopular.

I really doubt that, as I've said, Serena has become one of the most well developed character in anime and her relationship with Ash just stands out among the rest. Dawn and Misty are as popular as today as ever then so can Serena (even Poke and Pearl ships are quite popular today). I mean, Dawn and Misty are well known characters for how many years now due to the legacy they've made for themselves. Serena has also made a history for herself in the anime, being the first one of Ash's companions to actually met him during childhood, being the only girl so far to have been confirmed of having strong feelings for Ash and of course, her kissing Ash. Those are amour related samples and there are still more reasons outside of Amourshipping that made her character stands out among the rest. Her popularity will still stand out.

I really doubt that, as I've said, Serena has become one of the most well developed character in anime and her relationship with Ash just stands out among the rest. Dawn and Misty are as popular as today as ever then so can Serena (even Poke and Pearl ships are quite popular today). I mean, Dawn and Misty are well known characters for how many years now due to the legacy they've made for themselves. Serena has also made a history for herself in the anime, being the first one of Ash's companions to actually met him during childhood, being the only girl so far to have been confirmed of having strong feelings for Ash and of course, her kissing Ash. Those are amour related samples and there are still more reasons outside of Amourshipping that made her character stands out among the rest. Her popularity will still stand out.

Pearlshipping (or Dawn's popularity) was super high during the DP era as compared to the present

Yes, I got to know some of you voted. Anyways, we have a big amourshipping community on G+: https://plus.google.com/communities...bsp3MoZWbqRXdiJDbjNGNwU2Z0QGewVXcwgnZiNGNzEje

Last edited:
There are plenty of articles online proving my statement is true. BTW I never said she isn't popular, I just said she isn't as popular as May or Dawn. BTW I like all 3 of those girls.

Epicocity

There are plenty of articles online proving my statement is true. BTW I never said she isn't popular, I just said she isn't as popular as May or Dawn. BTW I like all 3 of those girls.

Dude, you have to link these articles for us to see. Anyone can make a statement and say it's true, but it doesn't mean it is. I could say Serena will come back in SM 54, because something online said so, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Truth is, we see a lot of Amour fanart still, and Serena still has tons of merchandise. But we'd need more quantifiable data to prove this stuff.

Actually her popularity in Japan remains strong. I remember seeing a poll asking who they would like to see Ash travel with again and Serena was placed second only to Brock. Surprisingly Misty was third over May and Dawn as from what I understood she was not as popur there, as she was here, and Dawn's popularity was super high.

Topic: Besides the Kiss, what was one of your favorite Amourshipping moments?

Personally one of my favorites was when Serena threw the snowballs at Ash, as it showed that Serena would not be afraid to stand up to ash, when she felt like he was wrong. It also helped snap Ash from his funk that he was in.

Satoshi no masara

I won't argue much about Serena not being as popular as Dawn was (but there were times that she was on the peek of popularity as Dawn did). On the other hand, I don't think that May is as popular as Serena was. I personally loved May prior to Serena but her popularity was always overshadowed by Misty and Dawn. It was only until the early days of ORAS that her character have gained enough popularity but even then, she was still overshadowed by Serena. I'd really like to see these articles because I find what you've said hard to believe.

It's the childhood flashback that really stands out for me since that's where it all started. My other favorite would be their second date (the one where Lumiose city was being rebuilt after TF's attack). While it wasn't addressed as a date, it definitely felt like an actual date (compared to the suppose "date" that they had prior) even for just a short while.

Last edited:

AshSerena

It's being long time since i visited and posted here,

Well I will admit she might not that popular anymore like during XY/XYZ airing day but that because the series already ended, but i feel she's still on the top (maybe? XD)
here's the source,
(From Dephender)
Bandai held an online poll about Pokemon merchandise a while back whee we were, among other things, asked which characters we liked and would like to buy merchanidise for. One of the questions listed a bunch of potential products and asked us which of them we'd be interested in buying, one of which was "A music box that plays DreaDrea, featuring Serena in her Tripokalon dress and Nymphia dancing".

So that upcoming Serena music box figure is specifically being made because people told Bandai they wanted one. That speaks a lot of her popularity

the Poll ranking made by japanese bout asking who they would like to see Ash travel with again, and Serena was on top 2
http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/138950.html
https://s.animeanime.jp/article/2017/05/11/33827.html

There was a ranking bout short hair anime and Serena was on top 18
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...se-poll-ranks-short-haired-anime-girls/.94519

and we have this Serena and Sylveon figurine to come out in few months

and don't forget how Twitter explode during the last episode of Serena And Ash farewell scene xD , like Shoko Nakagawa said(one of the main host for Pokemon show) Serena change the history ( she said it on joking manner :p)

But I'm not saying Dawn and May is not popular specially Dawn was my fav pokegirl bfore Serena, I still seeing lots of fan art of them on twitter :)

Last edited:

Rajas

I'd like to see evidence as others are posting their share of polls etc that's splattered across the internet to support Serena.

I have a few tbh but I like the ones where Ash shows a different side to him. His walking to her when sick, giving her the Ribbon as a thank you, the second date where he read her worry by himself and took it upon himself to help her. Also the snowball scene was iconic and when he immediately postponed his gym run for her Masterclass.

It's being long time since i visited and posted here,

Well I will admit she might not that popular anymore like during XY/XYZ airing day but that because the series already ended, but i feel she's still on the top (maybe? XD)
here's the source,
(From Dephender)
Bandai held an online poll about Pokemon merchandise a while back whee we were, among other things, asked which characters we liked and would like to buy merchanidise for. One of the questions listed a bunch of potential products and asked us which of them we'd be interested in buying, one of which was "A music box that plays DreaDrea, featuring Serena in her Tripokalon dress and Nymphia dancing".

So that upcoming Serena music box figure is specifically being made because people told Bandai they wanted one. That speaks a lot of her popularity

the Poll ranking made by japanese bout asking who they would like to see Ash travel with again, and Serena was on top 2
http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/138950.html
https://s.animeanime.jp/article/2017/05/11/33827.html

There was a ranking bout short hair anime and Serena was on top 18
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...se-poll-ranks-short-haired-anime-girls/.94519

and we have this Serena and Sylveon figurine to come out in few months

and don't forget how Twitter explode during the last episode of Serena And Ash farewell scene xD , like Shoko Nakagawa said(one of the main host for Pokemon show) Serena change the history ( she said it on joking manner :p)

But I'm not saying Dawn and May is not popular specially Dawn was my fav pokegirl bfore Serena, I still seeing lots of fan art of them on twitter :)

Honestly did not know about some of these but it's nice to see the variation in her popularity as well. It'll be hard for her to ever disappear imo as people are too fond of her (her fans anyways) and rightly so. She was amazing as an all round developed character.

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
Japan < Global

But Serena definitely is the most popular globally; you can't deny that fact.

Might check that out. Serena is definitely the best female companion of them all for Ash.

Too bad that kiss had to be censored because the writers weren't allowed to show it. :(