• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
It's being long time since i visited and posted here,

Well I will admit she might not that popular anymore like during XY/XYZ airing day but that because the series already ended, but i feel she's still on the top (maybe? XD)
here's the source,
(From Dephender)
Bandai held an online poll about Pokemon merchandise a while back whee we were, among other things, asked which characters we liked and would like to buy merchanidise for. One of the questions listed a bunch of potential products and asked us which of them we'd be interested in buying, one of which was "A music box that plays DreaDrea, featuring Serena in her Tripokalon dress and Nymphia dancing".

So that upcoming Serena music box figure is specifically being made because people told Bandai they wanted one. That speaks a lot of her popularity

the Poll ranking made by japanese bout asking who they would like to see Ash travel with again, and Serena was on top 2
http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/138950.html
https://s.animeanime.jp/article/2017/05/11/33827.html

There was a ranking bout short hair anime and Serena was on top 18
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...se-poll-ranks-short-haired-anime-girls/.94519

and we have this Serena and Sylveon figurine to come out in few months

and don't forget how Twitter explode during the last episode of Serena And Ash farewell scene xD , like Shoko Nakagawa said(one of the main host for Pokemon show) Serena change the history ( she said it on joking manner :p)

But I'm not saying Dawn and May is not popular specially Dawn was my fav pokegirl bfore Serena, I still seeing lots of fan art of them on twitter :)

So much all of these!

I just want to add up this article that Kotaku made: https://kotaku.com/the-pokemon-anime-character-fans-want-to-return-1787786589

Fanarts-wise, in Pixiv (Japanese art website), Serena surpassed May, Misty and Dawn, generating 7000+ artworks, whereas May got 4000+, Misty got 1000+ and Dawn got 5000+. Shipping-wise, the tag "サトセレ" (SatoSere) is the only Ash-relate shipping fanart that received a 1700+ fanarts, where Poke received 700+, Pearl 300+ and Advance 200+

I'd still love to see an article that says Serena isn't as popular as Dawn and May were. I'm not going to deny the legacy Dawn has made even though I'm not much of a fan of hers and while May is one of my favorite Pokegirl, there's no denying that Serena is the more popular one.

Last edited:

Heekful

You are all feeding a troll... Even the biggest hater of Serena knows that she is the most popular even if he doesn't want to believe it (20 years anime poll , all the merchandises and a new one is coming soon in 2018 again with Sylveon , all the staff support like Shoko Nakagawa , Masuda etc)
Now, the real question is : How long will she stay the most popular ? That's the real question and nobody has the answer for it , I don't think that a 7G character will top Serena's popularity , Lillie is popular because of her game counterpart not really because of the anime (that's my opinion, don't come at me Lillie's fans).

Despite the popularity, she didn't get any Special episode yet

That's the strange part , I don't get why they chose a Clemont special episode instead of a Serena one. Some will say it's because they are planning something for Serena , some will say it's because the kiss was Serena's final moment in the anime but nobody really know why...2018 will give a final answer imo.

Topic: Besides the Kiss, what was one of your favorite Amourshipping moments?

The 2nd date in XY&Z 45 and the fist bump in XY&Z 29.

One moment that is really underrated is XY053 when Ash really paid attention to Serena when she was a bit lost because of her mother, it showed that Ash knows Serena really well and knew something was wrong in her mind.

Rajas

That's the strange part , I don't get why they chose a Clemont special episode instead of a Serena one. Some will say it's because they are planning something for Serena , some will say it's because the kiss was Serena's final moment in the anime but nobody really know why...2018 will give a final answer imo.

If I had to guess, it's because they sent her to Hoenn to become better, they would want time pass before showing her again so she'd do what she promised (be better for Ash and for herself). In a way the writers would probably want her to also be shown to improve for us as viewers too because they took extreme care with developing her.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Despite the popularity, she didn't get any Special episode yet

Quite surprising, really. I'm sure we'll see where the chips lie in due time. I can't imagine that Serena was just forgotten about, at least not this quickly.

You are all feeding a troll... Even the biggest hater of Serena knows that she is the most popular even if he doesn't want to believe it (20 years anime poll , all the merchandises and a new one is coming soon in 2018 again with Sylveon , all the staff support like Shoko Nakagawa , Masuda etc)

I am not a troll. Someone asked a question and I answered it for them in a nice way. I really like Serena as a character and was just trying to help a guy by giving him an answer to a question he asked.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

I am not a troll. Someone asked a question and I answered it for them in a nice way. I really like Serena as a character and was just trying to help a guy by giving him an answer to a question I asked.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was actually poll data for this? In all seriousness, the "Who is more popular than who" discussion is one that we've been having ever since I started posting around these parts over five years ago, and I highly doubt it just started then. We're never going to know who is most popular, plain and simple. Even if we knew, I doubt we would stop fighting over it.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I’m not liking this discussion about who is more popular and who is not. It is not relevant to Amourshipping at all. Stick to Amourshipping since it is the main topic, guys.

Carry on.

Rajas

Speaking of Amourshipping, do you guys think that after finally going down the romance hole in Pokemon, would they ever try it again with another character other than Serena? Or do you think that she'd have to return to continue any possible romance? Personally I want Serena to return in a future gen (maybe 8?) and stay on as a permanent companion.

Can we just end this popularity conversation. It is starting to get ugly. All I tried to do was help someone out by answeing their question. And then I get a bunch of posts back telling me I'm wrong. I have read plenty of articles online to give my answer. Oh and Heekful no need to bully someone just because you don't like what their saying. Anyway I didn't mean to start any arguments or drama. And lets just end that popularity conversation now. I like all 3 of the girls (Dawn,Serena and May)

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I’m not liking this discussion about who is more popular and who is not. It is not relevant to Amourshipping at all. Stick to Amourshipping since it is the main topic, guys.

Carry on.

Can we just end this popularity conversation. It is starting to get ugly. All I tried to do was help someone out by answeing their question. And then I get a bunch of posts back telling me I'm wrong. I have read plenty of articles online to give my answer. Oh and Heekful no need to bully someone just because you don't like what their saying. Anyway I didn't mean to start any arguments or drama. And lets just end that popularity conversation now. I like all 3 of the girls (Dawn,Serena and May)

Bollocks, I could've sworn we just ended it.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Speaking of Amourshipping, do you guys think that after finally going down the romance hole in Pokemon, would they ever try it again with another character other than Serena? Or do you think that she'd have to return to continue any possible romance? Personally I want Serena to return in a future gen (maybe 8?) and stay on as a permanent companion.

There's a possibility that they can introduce another romantic subplot involving Ash but for now, Amourshipping is the closest we can get, romance-wise.

Bollocks, I could've sworn we just ended it.

It did not end. But now it has. This is the last post I am making mentioning the 'who is the most popular' disscussion.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It did not end. But now it has. This is the last post I am making mentioning the 'who is the most popular' disscussion.

It ended when the admin said it did.

There's a possibility that they can introduce another romantic subplot involving Ash but for now, Amourshipping is the closest we can get, romance-wise.

After what they put together for XY, it would be quite a feat to top it.

Rajas

I personally would find it weird to go there again with another character because it seemed like they really took their time with Ash/Serena. I generally hope they don't though.

After what they put together for XY, it would be quite a feat to top it.

My thoughts exactly plus I always felt that once they put any romance sub plot into the anime, it shouldn't be repeated. Especially if they show Ash to have some form of reciprocation even if it's by little actions here and there.

There are plenty of articles online proving my statement is true. BTW I never said she isn't popular, I just said she isn't as popular as May or Dawn. BTW I like all 3 of those girls.

All we really asked for you to mention these articles. We gave you our sources and we hoped you would return the favor.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I can see we all suck at topics. Here's one.

Considering how the Alola gang visited Kanto and gave Misty and Brock an unexpected return, do you think it's more likely for Serena to meet Ash in Alola, or Ash to meet Serena in Hoenn?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Considering how the Alola gang visited Kanto and gave Misty and Brock an unexpected return, do you think it's more likely for Serena to meet Ash in Alola, or Ash to meet Serena in Hoenn?

I think it's more likely for Serena to come to Alola. I mean they could cook up some vague reason, like maybe Alola is known for dancing, and Serena wants to learn some new dance routines, and maybe implement Z Moves as well into her performances.

AshSerena

If I do. All I will get back is loads of hate from people who will just say I'm wrong. And plus this conversation is done.

I don't see anyone who hates you (aside from heekful) and saying you are wrong, what people asking is a info/source of what your saying (and be sure it is from japanese site) that the other 2 is more popular than Serena here in japan. I mean you can't expect people to agree with you without source and your saying you are 100% correct and and they must agree with you, there always different opinion

Sorry if I'm sound rude , I'm just explaining

Last edited:

Rajas

I think we could more likely see her if they travel to Hoenn. I really don't see a reason for her to come to Alola any time soon tbh. I'd also rather see her succeeding in Hoenn as well than her just popping into Alola unless it's related to contests.