• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

I don't see anyone who hates you (aside from heekful) and saying you are wrong, what people asking is a info/source of what your saying (and be sure it is from japanese site) that the other 2 is more popular than Serena here in japan. I mean you can't expect people to agree with you without source and your saying you are 100% correct and and they must agree with you, there always different opinion

Exactly, the guy is just avoiding posting the " massive " amount of articles he has found of Dawn's poplarity that totally aren't 7-11 yrs old

If he does post good sources, I'll be inclined to apologize

I am trying to avoid drama. Please stop trying to start up the most popular conversation again, as a lot of us will be banned. And about what you said about 11 - 7 year old articles. Serena wasn't around then, she debuted in Pokemon in 2013.

Alright, if so just dump these articles on a pm or my profile. None of can get banned then and everyone is happy.

FYI, I was talking about Dawn's popularity

Anyway, anyone know any more Amour fics I can hit up?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Please don't bother with obvious trolls. I usually sit back and say that we're all equal for the sake of diplomacy, but let's be real here. No one has anything on us, no matter how much they want to act like they do.

Alright, if so just dump these articles on a pm or my profile. None of can get banned then and everyone is happy.

FYI, I was talking about Dawn's popularity

Anyway, anyone know any more Amour fics I can hit up?

I know that Shiron recently posted a fanfic on the S.S. Amour. I'm not sure if it's anywhere else at the moment, but you can at least read it over there if you want something.

Epicocity

You, power up and Heekful are all jerks. Stop calling me names. Oh and because you so badly want a link then I will send you one in a PM. But for now stop being jerks and trying to start the most popular conversation again. You 3 will all hopefully be infracted. Oh and BTW Power up has been attacking all the members of the Pearlshipping Vault. Please ban him from Serbbi as he is a massive jerk.

Not to mini-mod (please no infractions, mods), but we do have rules on the thread that state for people to not come in here to bash Amourshipping or compare it to other ships. This is about Amour and Amour alone. If you don't like it, fine, but don't waste your time here because it produces no good conversation other than you wanting to assert your preferred ship is the correct one. You have your own shipping thread for that. If they're calling you a troll, it's because you break that rule to get a rise out of us Amourshippers. Whether that's your intention or not is irrelevant, as that is how you're being viewed.

Back on topic, Power Up, I always advertise my own fics. Shameless self promotion. My series is heading into its final stages, with something very special starting next week, as Rajas and potat (whenever he comes here) could attest to.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Back on topic, Power Up, I always advertise my own fics. Shameless self promotion. My series is heading into its final stages, with something very special starting next week, as Rajas and potat (whenever he comes here) could attest to.

Probably the most decorated author in AmourShipping, right here. This man is basically a professional. I understand you run a blog as well, Epicocity?

Epicocity

Probably the most decorated author in AmourShipping, right here. I understand you run a blog as well, Epicocity?

Ah, yes, I've been posting up a huge review of XY that I just finished today. Don't talk much about Amour there, though, simply on account of doing that through my writing.

Also, for any other fics to look for, potat finished his "Champions and Crushes" and is looking to start on the sequel and another story (not so Amour based, from what he tells me, at least at first). Then there's AmourshippingCanon and Gotta Catch That One. Lumiose University is also solid and probably exemplifies an "Ash goes to school" fic right, even if it has some pacing issues and a drawn out depression arc. Would still recommend.

Not to mini-mod (please no infractions, mods), but we do have rules on the thread that state for people to not come in here to bash Amourshipping or compare it to other ships. This is about Amour and Amour alone. If you don't like it, fine, but don't waste your time here because it produces no good conversation other than you wanting to assert your preferred ship is the correct one. You have your own shipping thread for that. If they're calling you a troll, it's because you break that rule to get a rise out of us Amourshippers. Whether that's your intention or not is irrelevant, as that is how you're being viewed.

All I did was try to help a guy out because he asked a question. I am not trying to hate on any ship or character. All the characters are just a bunch of pixels, they are not real and are only fictional. Why is their so much ****ing drama over some fictional characters who are just a bunch of pixels? I don't care what people say about Pokemon characters, because they are not real.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Ah, yes, I've been posting up a huge review of XY that I just finished today. Don't talk much about Amour there, though, simply on account of doing that through my writing.

Also, for any other fics to look for, potat finished his "Champions and Crushes" and is looking to start on the sequel and another story (not so Amour based, from what he tells me, at least at first). Then there's AmourshippingCanon and Gotta Catch That One. Lumiose University is also solid and probably exemplifies an "Ash goes to school" fic right, even if it has some pacing issues and a drawn out depression arc. Would still recommend.

I want to have a word with you, if that's ok. This place or mine, your call.

Already read everything and eagerly awaiting the next! xD

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Man, seeing all those fanfics made me jealous, lol. I wish I could write a decent story. I'll try to write a one-shot fanfic that I had thought about before (amourshipping-related of course) and hopefully, I can write a multi-chapter story. I've been meaning to write a Capt. America: Civil War-ish story but with Ash and his friends.

Rajas

I can attest to reading Epicocity's review of XY on his blog and it's worth it. Really helps you spot some brilliant subtle Amour hints as well throughout the series. As for fics, the ones he recommended are really good. Apart from that though, finding ones that don't go to the usual Aura shtick is a bit difficult.

Side note:- it's pleasant to see some traffic on this thread albeit for some debatable reasons recently but it's nice to know there's something special about the whole Amour that keeps it strong.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Man, seeing all those fanfics made me jealous, lol. I wish I could write a decent story. I'll try to write a one-shot fanfic that I had thought about before (amourshipping-related of course) and hopefully, I can write a multi-chapter story. I've been meaning to write a Capt. America: Civil War-ish story but with Ash and his friends.

Please, make the try! You never know, sometimes people end up really liking it!

Does it Make Sense if Serena gets a camio in Alola? I mean, Ash is no longer the same Ash she admires (He is now turned into a comedy gimmick, and is rarely seen pursuing his dreams). The gang is made up of six people and it is impossible for her to fit in such a large group. and there are no Performances in Alola. Her chemistry with Ash was good in XY, but I don't see her fitting with Alolan style.

On the brighter side, She is backed by thousands of people round the world for her return. And since Sun and Moon has lots of fillers, they can bring her as a filler to the series

I Love the way people contradict themselves

Epicocity

Does it Make Sense if Serena gets a camio in Alola? I mean, Ash is no longer the same Ash she admires (He is now turned into a comedy gimmick, and is rarely seen pursuing his dreams). The gang is made up of six people and it is impossible for her to fit in such a large group. and there are no Performances in Alola. Her chemistry with Ash was good in XY, but I don't see her fitting with Alolan style.

On the brighter side, She is backed by thousands of people round the world for her return. And since Sun and Moon has lots of fillers, they can bring her as a filler to the series

I'd rather they bring her back where she has some meaning. The problem with every Pokegirl cameo except for May is that they were just tossed in. I don't want someone like Serena to fall to that. And in any case, if you bring Serena back, you bring back Amour, and that, I think, has no place in SM as it is now.

Rajas

I would rather not have her fall for the SM joke trap tbh, as I also feel it's to early for her to see Ash after wanting to get better for him as well as her own personal goals. As you said, the cast is already packed and I can only see her having decent relations with Mallow and Lillie anyways. As Epicocity said above, I'd always want Serena to have meaning when she comes back and to be around for a while. In SM, she won't have a reason to and that would only give her another strike for haters to attack her.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

I don't see why not, it really depends on how the writers are going to introduce her in the anime. They also don't need to stick with Alola like when the gang went to Kanto and met up with Misty and Brock. After all, the writers are open to explore other regions that Ash and co. can travel to.

My only problem about this is that it would be too early for Ash and Serena to see each other again.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Does it Make Sense if Serena gets a camio in Alola? I mean, Ash is no longer the same Ash she admires (He is now turned into a comedy gimmick, and is rarely seen pursuing his dreams).

If she can't love SM Ash and only loves XY Ash, then she is a vapid prick. Simple as that. You don't love a person if they act only a certain way. That is flat our approval and simply wrong on so many levels.

The gang is made up of six people and it is impossible for her to fit in such a large group. and there are no Performances in Alola. Her chemistry with Ash was good in XY, but I don't see her fitting with Alolan style.

I can understand this sentiment on how SM seems to have a ton of fillers, but that's another discussion. I also refuse to buy into the whole popularity power as a means of getting people back. In fact, I'm strictly against it because fanservice without a good story to go with is ultimately fan disservice.

Epicocity

If she can't love SM Ash and only loves XY Ash, then she is a vapid prick. Simple as that. You don't love a person if they act only a certain way. That is flat our approval and simply wrong on so many levels.

I disagree with this. To say "oh if they don't love him then it's shallow" doesn't account for a few things. For example, the Ash that Serena knew was both driven and altruistic, two qualities that Ash has always had in the series. However, in SM, he's far less driven than ever before, and (at least earlier on) he's less altruistic in the sense that he only decides to help his friends when he can get something out of it or is told to, rather than just because. That's a reversal of some of his regular qualities. Essentially, what you're saying is "if she doesn't love the perceived opposite of Ash, too, then it's shallow" and that's not true. So, it's less only loving Ash if he acts a certain way, but more loving Ash for his qualities, and if those qualities no longer exist, I think it's okay for her to not quite love him, because then he's not the same guy. Hopefully that logic tracks.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I disagree with this. To say "oh if they don't love him then it's shallow" doesn't account for a few things. For example, the Ash that Serena knew was both driven and altruistic, two qualities that Ash has always had in the series. However, in SM, he's far less driven than ever before, and (at least earlier on) he's less altruistic in the sense that he only decides to help his friends when he can get something out of it or is told to, rather than just because. That's a reversal of some of his regular qualities. Essentially, what you're saying is "if she doesn't love the perceived opposite of Ash, too, then it's shallow" and that's not true. So, it's less only loving Ash if he acts a certain way, but more loving Ash for his qualities, and if those qualities no longer exist, I think it's okay for her to not quite love him, because then he's not the same guy. Hopefully that logic tracks.

I think that we're forgetting Serena isn't a real person. Logic doesn't exactly apply here. The writers want Serena to love Ash and guess what? Serena loves Ash. It's as simple as that.

Epicocity

I think that we're forgetting Serena isn't a real person. Logic doesn't exactly apply here. The writers want Serena to love Ash and guess what? Serena loves Ash. It's as simple as that.

I'm not discussing whether she's fictional or not, but the notion that her not loving one version that strikes me as an antithesis to his normal state is not shallow.

Of course, Serena would love him regardless, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't strain credulity, or that I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if, say, Serena saw Ash cheating like he did in SM 24 and giggled at it because she thought it was cute. That would make Serena equally vapid because then it just means she's loving him because he's Ash, no matter what changes there are.