• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Epicocity

The new movie trailer just came out. That girl at the end most probably resembles Serena...

Not really. I don't see any similarities and if anything she'd vaguely resembled Melody from M02.

Just remember guys, just because GOAT Yajima is at the helm doesn't mean that Amour exists in this universe, or if it does, it doesn't mean we'll see it. Be aware of that.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Not really. I don't see any similarities and if anything she'd vaguely resembled Melody from M02.

Just remember guys, just because GOAT Yajima is at the helm doesn't mean that Amour exists in this universe, or if it does, it doesn't mean we'll see it. Be aware of that.

I was going to say a young Elesa, personally.

Honestly I don't think the movie has anything to do with AmourShipping in the slightest.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusion that the new girl is Serena or somewhat related to her. Let's take every info that we have for now as a grain of salt. Otherwise, we'll get too "salty" if we're to be proven wrong, lolz. XD

necris14

Protect that smile
I don't think it's Serena, or anything to do with her. I would rather them not bring her back in S/M or anything related, as I feel like that would downplay the significance of her actually returning. The way they sent her off at the end of XY seemed to imply that if she does return one day, it will be treated as a big deal and will probably take place at some point in the distant future.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

I was going to say a young Elesa, personally.

Honestly I don't think the movie has anything to do with AmourShipping in the slightest.

Melody? I don't see it tbh.

Elesa is also pretty random (I guess the eyes, maybe?).

If anything, she reminds me a bit of Mina, because of the blonde hair and randomly dyed strands, giving that painter vibe that Mina has.

I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusion that the new girl is Serena or somewhat related to her. Let's take every info that we have for now as a grain of salt. Otherwise, we'll get too "salty" if we're to be proven wrong, lolz. XD

I honestly don't know why people are talking about Serena and Amour in this movie. This is why others in the fanbase laugh at us; either because we have some legit idiots running around saying that Serena is back or just some trolls trying to incite more senseless Amour hate. My bet is on the latter, since that's been the bulk of the drama lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi no masara

I just want to share this here:
[imgsize=500]http://blog.pokemonbbs.com/poke/171213/1513150028-1.jpg[/imgsize]

Serena and Ash in USUM documentation? XD

Some more images:
[imgsize=300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ7a6jdVoAArdNJ.jpg[/imgsize]
[imgsize=300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ7a2vBUQAArvSX.jpg[/imgsize]
Source: http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/154380.html

Big thanks to my friend, AshSerena for finding out the pics.

Last edited:

Epicocity

I honestly don't know why people are talking about Serena and Amour in this movie. This is why others in the fanbase laugh at us; either because we have some legit idiots running around saying that Serena is back or just some trolls trying to incite more senseless Amour hate. My bet is on the latter, since that's been the bulk of the drama lately.

It's most certainly the latter. Except for some potentially overzealous fans, no one actually thinks Serena and Amour would even touch this movie. It's ludicrous at best.

I also agree that this movie more than likely will have nothing to do with Serena. It is great to see Yajima at the helm though, because I liked what he did with the xy series as a whole. Not just amour. It could possible be good for us that he is still actively involved with the series, because Serena's along with amour developments were so carefully handled by him and the xy writers. I don't think they will completely forget about this, so we may still get our chance for future amour moments. Just not this time though.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Are people seriously thinking that the girl in this movie is Serena? Come on, guys. Serena was in the ending credits of the 20th movie, there is no way the girl in the movie is her. My guess, this girl is going to be a new character made specifically for the movie. The most I could see Amour getting is a Serena refrence and even then, that’s unlikely since the Ash in the movie is not the same Ash in the anime.

Epicocity

Are people seriously thinking that the girl in this movie is Serena? Come on, guys. Serena was in the ending credits of the 20th movie, there is no way the girl in the movie is her. My guess, this girl is going to be a new character made specifically for the movie. The most I could see Amour getting is a Serena refrence and even then, that’s unlikely since the Ash in the movie is not the same Ash in the anime.

No, I'm fairy certain no one is, but people seem to claim that we are, or that we're complaining about her not being there, and we're just taking the moment to remind everyone we're not actually delusional.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

It's most certainly the latter. Except for some potentially overzealous fans, no one actually thinks Serena and Amour would even touch this movie. It's ludicrous at best.

Are you aware of Poe's Law: Any significantly extreme examples are indistinguishable from satire or parody.

I'd treat all the people who say Serena's back with a huge grain of salt because knowing the difference between their sarcasm and their genuine feelings based on text is impossible without them outright saying it's sarcasm.

necris14

Protect that smile
I just want to share this here:

SNIP

The only one I can make sense of is the Clemont one; looks like they're implying that he helped develop the Rotom Dex or something? Maybe the Bonnie one is just showing off part of Zygarde 10% that you normally wouldn't see in the games. But the Bewear one seems pretty strange; it looks like it's just a flavor art page for him, but why choose such a random Pokemon's page to have an Ash and Serena cameo?

Don't get me wrong, I like the artworks, and the Bewear picture in particular is kind of funny. It just seems weird is all.

Satoshi no masara

Well I think the girl represents all the main heroine that Ash have traveled with. Serena's outfit color scheme, Lillie's hairstyle, She could be a coordinator like May and Dawn, has a tomboyish personality like Misty and she likes to tease Ash and call him "childish" like Iris does, lolz JK.

The only one I can make sense of is the Clemont one; looks like they're implying that he helped develop the Rotom Dex or something? Maybe the Bonnie one is just showing off part of Zygarde 10% that you normally wouldn't see in the games. But the Bewear one seems pretty strange; it looks like it's just a flavor art page for him, but why choose such a random Pokemon's page to have an Ash and Serena cameo?

Don't get me wrong, I like the artworks, and the Bewear picture in particular is kind of funny. It just seems weird is all.

I think it's just for illustration purposes and doesn't really mean much. BTW, AshSerena said there's more illustrations of Serena from the USUM encyclopedia, from which these images came from.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

Please point to me where you saw someone on this thread legitimately say that Serena is back for the next movie, lol. I beg of you.

And if you saw someone anywhere else but here say that Serena's coming back, that does not mean ALL AmourShippers think the same way. Christ. this is literally like the 1000th time I've had to explain this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epicocity

Please point to me where you saw someone on this thread legitimately say that Serena is back for the next movie, lol. I beg of you.

And if you saw someone anywhere else but here say that Serena's coming back, that does not mean ALL AmourShippers think the same way. Christ. this is literally like the 1000th time I've had to explain this.

Erm, so you think Epicocity and I are feigning sincerity in our posts?

Well, sorry to say but you are very wrong. Then again, what should I expect from a child? Carry on.

While I agree with the general point here that, no, most Amourshippers haven't said anything and no, even if they have we're not like that, can you please be less...insulting. I may not agree with U.N. Owen's opinions on Amourshipping (in fact, I doubt many of us here do) but to call him a child? Come on, we're better than that.

Respect his views and debate them in kind. Let's not resort to ad hominem because you may just prove his points.

My bad guys, but seeing this is AU Ash I'm going to have to ship the girl from the movie and Ash lol.

Still a hardcore AmourShipper tho xD

If the writers do introduced a romance plot, how would that impact Amour?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm not an Amourshipper, but I do want to respond Power Up's question.

would it even impact Amourshipping in any way? Since it's a movie and not the main anime?

Epicocity

I'm not an Amourshipper, but I do want to respond Power Up's question.

would it even impact Amourshipping in any way? Since it's a movie and not the main anime?

I would say "no". It's sort of it's own thing. Now, if Ash and Serena explicitly had interactions that weren't relegated to credits, I'd say yes, but as it stands...the movie's its own thing