• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wasn't active for the last three months. Something worth to know since that then?

Happy New Years! Don't think anything really important happened apart from random discussions about important episodes and well a bit about the post credits of M20 and the fact that Yajima is directing M21

Serena's crush was mentioned in the profile section for the movie 20 databook that came with the special edition bluray, but it seems like the profiles for the XY characters were reprints originally written for the Volcanion movie.

Does that count as "something"?

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Serena's crush was mentioned in the profile section for the movie 20 databook that came with the special edition bluray, but it seems like the profiles for the XY characters were reprints originally written for the Volcanion movie.

Well it's more than "Something" for me. I know it should go without saying but at least they are still acknowledging Serena's feelings for Ash and only her among all of his companions.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Neat little note but at the end pretty not really something new.

Satoshi no masara

Neat little note but at the end pretty not really something new.

Considering the absence of Serena for a long while, this is the closest we can get for "something" new. Other than that, we get nothing until she gets a reappearance or something.

Rajas

Y'all are exhausting.

This month marks the 1-year anniversary of the close of the XY series in the United States. Discuss your favorite moments from the series.

I'm guessing moments in general so I'd have to say there are quite a few. To be honest, there's moments throughout the series that I loved, so hard to narrow them down. From battles to interactions and even Serena's performances were captivating to me. The battles themselves felt like art at times when watching them. Even the fillers were quite good, loved the Reflection Cave episode, the Jessie focused episode was really good as we saw her vulnerabilities show and she made some decisions that showed growth. Also nearly every Serena/Ash interaction was pretty good to me. It's hard to not get carried away here when going into favorite moments XD.

Hello everyone, new to the amourshipping scene, seems to me to be the most obvious one though, i'm hoping a return of serena soon!

Welcome, you've chosen wisely XD. All jokes aside I do hope we get something from her someday soon. Maybe after SM is over or a separate special for her even. I'd take either as I loved her character in general and she had much room for growth which I'd like to see.

Navin

MALDREAD
This month marks the 1-year anniversary of the close of the XY series in the United States. Discuss your favorite moments from the series.

1. 'Snowball' scene
2. River scene at the camp
3. Maybe the episode where he cheers her up?

#1 and #2 easily top everything.

Also, I'm still a sucker of the 'Laverre City Music ver anime reproduction.' Shame it wasn't played in the last scene.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

1. 'Snowball' scene
2. River scene at the camp
3. Maybe the episode where he cheers her up?

#1 and #2 easily top everything.

Also, I'm still a sucker of the 'Laverre City Music ver anime reproduction.' Shame it wasn't played in the last scene.

Oh man, I thought I was the only one, lolz but yeah, Laverre City's theme was so good. I still remember hearing that for the first time in the anime (during the childhood scene which blew my mind) and when I heard that again while playing Pokemon Y, needless to say, Laverre city has become my most visited city in my entire playthrough. XD

But yeah, I kinda wished it was played during the kissing scene but I think Meloetta's relic song still captured the atmosphere.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Oh man, I thought I was the only one, lolz but yeah, Laverre City's theme was so good. I still remember hearing that for the first time in the anime (during the childhood scene which blew my mind) and when I heard that again while playing Pokemon Y, needless to say, Laverre city has become my most visited city in my entire playthrough. XD

Oh yes I also love the anime version of the track. There are also some "versions" of the song made by fans with some additions and changes. This one is my personal favourite.

[video=youtube;EADBIAQ6pF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBIAQ6pF0[/video]

Also the upload date...perfect.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Oh yes I also love the anime version of the track. There are also some "versions" of the song made by fans with some additions and changes. This one is my personal favourite.

[video=youtube;EADBIAQ6pF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBIAQ6pF0[/video]

Also the upload date...perfect.

That theme really brings tears to my eyes TT_TT
The memories of that first time I saw that particular scene is coming back to me. Oh man, I still remember seeing it for the first time. I was skeptical of the whole romance subplot prior to episode 7 of XY. I remember waking up and I watched this episode first thing in the morning and I have to say, after that, I became a solid Amourshipper. I can't forget the amount of joy that I felt after seeing the childhood flashback, it's always been in my mind for the rest of the day or should I say for the rest of the week. Since then, that had been one of my favorite episodes for the entire Pokemon anime. And hearing that theme again when I got to Laverre city in my Pokemon Y game, I almost didn't want to leave the place, lmao. XD

Ah man, good times, I wish I can relive that moment again, lolz.

Rajas

That theme really brings tears to my eyes TT_TT
The memories of that first time I saw that particular scene is coming back to me. Oh man, I still remember seeing it for the first time. I was skeptical of the whole romance subplot prior to episode 7 of XY. I remember waking up and I watched this episode first thing in the morning and I have to say, after that, I became a solid Amourshipper. I can't forget the amount of joy that I felt after seeing the childhood flashback, it's always been in my mind for the rest of the day or should I say for the rest of the week. Since then, that had been one of my favorite episodes for the entire Pokemon anime. And hearing that theme again when I got to Laverre city in my Pokemon Y game, I almost didn't want to leave the place, lmao. XD

Ah man, good times, I wish I can relive that moment again, lolz.

I listened to the theme today actually, this morning as I woke up, someone posted it on Twitter and in my half asleep state, a few tears formed tbh. Beautiful theme

SatoSere

Time to get this thread on the move!
A. Would you have Serena appear in a cameo in SM?
A: SM cameo: Visit of Ash and all his classmates (vacation school) in every known región (this is part of the extracurricular classes in Alola) to him where are their friends and some time later as a promise: every friend is with Ash in Alola. With said previously, I believe that Serena (Serena) going to participate in the región and SM with Satoshi (Ash Ketchum).

B. Would you have Serena have her own episode?
B: More than episode, I would like that Serena has her own introductory story in Kanto when she returns to where she was born and grew up at her home in Pallet Town, childhood, chooses her 1st Pokémon (Pika ♀), begin her quest to meet with Satoshi.

C. Would you have Serena appear in Gen 8?
C: I would like very much that the creators and responsibles of Pokémon can make a wonderful continuation of Satoshi and Serena become in protagonists, travel together, new dreams, Pokémon, save world and many things in the next region 8th gen breaking some animes and games traditions participations like happened in Kanto to Johto, Hoenn to Kanto.

Which one would you guys want?
I think it is very important to highlight every point so that we know many things we wish to see in the future about Satoshi and Serena together in their dreams, pokémon and canonical couple (Amour canon).

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
B: More than episode, I would like that Serena has her own introductory story in Kanto when she returns to where she was born and grew up at her home in Pallet Town, childhood, chooses her 1st Pokémon (Pika ♀), begin her quest to meet with Satoshi.

Was Serena born and raised in Kanto? I was always under the impression that she was a Kalos native, and only in Kanto for the summer camp.

Satoshi no masara

Was Serena born and raised in Kanto? I was always under the impression that she was a Kalos native, and only in Kanto for the summer camp.

Nothing in the show implies that Serena once lived in Kanto. She's a Kalos native. She only went to the summer camp once where she met Ash but that's it. There's no evidence that she's a Kanto native nor did she ever lived there.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
In one week, it will have been 3 years since the infamous date episode, Under the Pledging Tree!, first aired in Japan (Can you believe it?). Discuss this episode.

Really, I consider this group of episodes to be one of the most important Amour mini-arcs in the entire series. I could see someone making an argument for the time between the start of this episode to the end of the next to be even more important for AmourShipping than XYZ45 and 47.

Last edited by a moderator:

necris14

Protect that smile
In one week, it will have been 3 years since the infamous date episode, Under the Pledging Tree!, first aired in Japan (Can you believe it?). Discuss this episode.

I love a lot about this episode, even if it did fake us out with the 'date' tease a bit leading up to its release. For one, taking the Serena from this episode (and the next, as mentioned above) and putting her up against mid-late series Serena shows a growth of character that we rarely get to see in Pokemon. And, you can even say the same for Ash to some extent; look how he acts around her in The First Day of the Rest of Your Life compared to here and tell me he hasn't matured in his behavior. I've also always been a huge fan of the ribbon Ash gives her as well, given that she actually wears it on her person for the entire rest of the series. Again, that's a bit of character progression that we don't usually get on this show.

And, if I can go off on a tangent for a bit, when Serena cuts her hair in the next episode, Ash is not only the most positive voice in the group by far regarding the change (Bonnie was heartbroken that she cut it so short, and Clemont seemed more surprised by it than anything), actually agreeing with her when she said she thought it looked good, but he's also the one who notices that she's wearing the ribbon he gave her in the previous episode. She didn't have to point it out to him and fish for a compliment like how it might've gone down in the past.

Overall, these are some of my favorite episodes from XY, and I adore both of them, both from a shipper's perspective and an objective anime fan as well. They're pretty significant if only for the fact that they did so much with Serena's character - she's still the only character to date that has ever permanently changed her appearance in the middle of her own series. I almost feel like Lillie was copying her when she did her Z-Powered form in the games, haha.

One thing that has always bugged me, though: is the Pledging Tree itself the same tree that Ramos' Gym is in? It seems obvious when you look at it, but the way Ramos explained it to the gang in the actual episode made it sound like they had never been there before, despite Ash's Gym Battle with him having taken place in the very last episode. It always seemed weird to me, is all.

Navin

MALDREAD

Really, I consider this group of episodes to be one of the most important Amour mini-arcs in the entire series. I could see someone making an argument for the time between the start of this episode to the end of the next to be even more important for AmourShipping than XYZ45 and 47.

One of the most infamous hype-baits in the entire anime series. Pages upon pages in the Spoilers speculation thread...only for utter disappointment. Ash literally abandons Serena and that "gift" is a ribbon that he didn't even buy, but got for free and had no use for it. It's like they wanted to minimize the "date" as much as possible. But I guess some people would say in retrospect that it was to contrast with how he did better in that last Serena focus episode as growth and hints from his side. Though I don't think the writers intended it for that way.

Satoshi no masara

One of the most infamous hype-baits in the entire anime series. Pages upon pages in the Spoilers speculation thread...only for utter disappointment. Ash literally abandons Serena and that "gift" is a ribbon that he didn't even buy, but got for free and had no use for it. It's like they wanted to minimize the "date" as much as possible. But I guess some people would say in retrospect that it was to contrast with how he did better in that last Serena focus episode as growth and hints from his side. Though I don't think the writers intended it for that way.

Lol, I still remember how prior to the episode, this thread, twitter and maybe some other sites exploded. The amount of hype was real. I still remember how people speculated that the suppose "date" episode will be an actual date (like eating together out and stuff like that) and that this would lead to a big step up to Ash and Serena's relationship. Personally, I had minimal expectation when the episode was revealed (though I was also caught in the hype at first, lmao), especially since a small summary mentioned that Ash and Serena are going shopping for presents.

Anyhow, I was still satisfied with the episodes' conclusion even though Ash kept running away from Serena and abandoned her at the end. He still managed to give her something, to which she have found use for on later episode so it's all good. Besides that, they DID have a date at near end of XY&Z, (well, still not the "date" everyone hopes for but it's something lolz).