• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
One thing that has always bugged me, though: is the Pledging Tree itself the same tree that Ramos' Gym is in? It seems obvious when you look at it, but the way Ramos explained it to the gang in the actual episode made it sound like they had never been there before, despite Ash's Gym Battle with him having taken place in the very last episode. It always seemed weird to me, is all.

I'm actually not certain, now that you mention it. I always interpreted it as being similar to the Christmas tree in New York City.

Rajas

In one week, it will have been 3 years since the infamous date episode, Under the Pledging Tree!, first aired in Japan (Can you believe it?). Discuss this episode.

While massive clickbait in a sense, the episode itself was brilliant nevertheless. Even if they didn't spend much time together, the meaning of Ash giving Serena the ribbon and also Serena helping Ash figure out that his Pokemon are basically him were pretty solid points for me. It showed that Serena had an understanding of Pokemon that even Ash never really picked up on or essentially never paid much attention to or maybe she had an understanding of Ash's Pokemon in relation to Ash due to how much she cared about him.
Ash choosing himself to give Serena the ribbon as thanks was also big imo, it showed how much he appreciated her even if it was just because she helped him. More importantly he noticed the ribbon when she used it as part of her attire in the following episode which was cool.
The best part of the 'date' itself was when comparing it to future events such as the episode where they reached the league and Ash was about to battle, Serena had no issue with holding his hand here which imo is growth in her character and coming out of her shell. More importantly for Ash is the episode where he spends the day with Serena aka the real date. Everything he should have done before, he managed to do much better which showed that he actually paid attention to Serena throughout the journey to understand her likes and also to know when something was wrong.
While the episode may have been a meh at first, in retrospect it set up a lot of things that can be seen as development in the future imo which gave me more appreciation for it.

SatoSere

Was Serena born and raised in Kanto? I was always under the impression that she was a Kalos native, and only in Kanto for the summer camp.

In the original universe (animes), Serena (Serena) meets Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) from her childhood in Pallet Town, she remembers moments and many things because Serena has lived in Kanto (she was born and grew up), before she is moving out to Kalos.

In the alternative universe (games), Serena comes from a region (Kanto) and moves to the Kalos region.

The camp in Pallet Town mainly involves people who are related to the region, such as the families and their little childs in the neighborhood.

Pokémon have many important stories that have not been resolved as:
The childhood of Satoshi and Serena is given in the place where it all started in Pallet Town (Kanto), before they both turn 10 years old and choose their first pokémon.

Actually, Pokémon and its creators have made a careful elaboration of the beginning of Pokémon with all its details, let's hope for a continuation and development in their childhood in Pallet Town.

Nothing in the show implies that Serena once lived in Kanto. She's a Kalos native. She only went to the summer camp once where she met Ash but that's it. There's no evidence that she's a Kanto native nor did she ever lived there.

Serena lives her childhood with Satoshi in Kanto when they were little childs, is an important historical fact in the beginning of Pokémon that there is many things in their childhood and neighborhood of Satoshi and Serena in Pallet Town. Pokémon and its creators choose the time and the right moment to start or reveal the story for further development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johtohfiller

Was Serena born and raised in Kanto? I was always under the impression that she was a Kalos native, and only in Kanto for the summer camp.

The game mentions that she moved to Vaniville but IIRC it doesn't mention if it was from elsewhere in Kalos or from another region.

The anime never said whether or not she moved to Vaniville. I think (again going from memory here) that the anime did mention the rival trio being from Vaniville, Serena not meeting them before Sycamore's summer camp could be a sign that she's not originally from there but it's not conclusive.

Epicocity

The game mentions that she moved to Vaniville but IIRC it doesn't mention if it was from elsewhere in Kalos or from another region.

The anime never said whether or not she moved to Vaniville. I think (again going from memory here) that the anime did mention the rival trio being from Vaniville, Serena not meeting them before Sycamore's summer camp could be a sign that she's not originally from there but it's not conclusive.

Actually the anime never once says that Serena is from anywhere but Kalos, merely that she attended Professor Oak's summer camp and met Ash there. The fact that she didn't want to go sort of shows she's not from Pallet Town, at least. I don't think the summer camp trio is mentioned as being from anywhere, though. Maybe Shauna, but not as a whole (and indeed, in the games, they're from all different places to begin with).

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Serena lives her childhood with Satoshi in Kanto when they were little childs, is an important historical fact in the beginning of Pokémon that there is many things in their childhood and neighborhood of Satoshi and Serena in Pallet Town. Pokémon and its creators choose the time and the right moment to start or reveal the story for further development.

Um, I'm not getting what you're trying to say here (sorry >.<)

Anyway, as much as I loved cliched childhood friends being in love, I am satisfied with Ash and Serena's childhood backstory. In fact, I'm glad they went with this decision rather than the cliched one.

I think it's safe to assume that the game protagonist is from a different region but we're not exactly sure. If he/she just moved from another town/city in Kalos, there should have been a minor event about the protagonist's hometown when you visit it in the game.

As per anime, Serena is the only one who is confirmed living in Vaniville town. Shauna, Trevor and Tierno's hometown was never mentioned.

SatoSere

Top 7 Amour Moments:
I love many favorite moments of Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Serena (Serena) that for now I only consider up to Top 7 (or later I would like to increase the Top). Anyway, there are many more moments that support each other:

# 7. Kalos League and Master Class arcs: Satoshi gives his support at all times to Serena in her dream in the Master Class (XY&Z 19-20). Serena gives her unconditional support, she worries and she gets very happy for Satoshi to achieve his dream in the Kalos League (XY&Z 32-38).
# 6. XY 45: On their second date, Satoshi invites Serena to be together, they walk in the Lumiose City, they hold hands, Serena blushes and have their first pokémon battle together.
# 5. XY&Z 22: Satoshi embraces the Serena’s body, both blush, he takes her hand, he declares with love words towards her, Ai (愛している、アイアンテール). Serena takes care of Satoshi and battle for him.
# 4. XY 59 and 60: Satoshi and Serena have their first date, Satoshi gives a gift of a beautiful blue ribbon to Serena, she puts this on with her new outfit and she blushes for Satoshi's words.
# 3. XY 07: Satoshi and Serena met since childhood in the place where it all began in Pallet Town. Serena blushes and gets very happy for Satoshi to have remembered her.
# 2. XY 03 to 07: Serena begins her story to be reunited with Satoshi, he receives support, concern and feelings from her, Satoshi invites Serena to be together in the travels.
# 1. XY&Z 47: Serena confesses her feelings of love and happiness towards Satoshi, they give their first kiss on the mouth, become in canon couple around the world.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

[imgsize=450]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/797/126/14b.jpg[/imgsize]

Happy Valentines to all. Share the Amor with everyone, lovers, friends and family.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
wow

The Pokemon Company said that? When XYZ is over? When they could have used SM?

This is awesome

Well, to be fair, the only material from SM they really could've used would've been some Kukui/Burnet scenes, and considering the dub isn't even up to Burnet's introduction yet, it makes sense they'd stay away from those at the moment.

Well, to be fair, the only material from SM they really could've used would've been some Kukui/Burnet scenes, and considering the dub isn't even up to Burnet's introduction yet, it makes sense they'd stay away from those at the moment.

Still the relevance is there. The Pokemon Company just straight up endorsed Amourshipping xD.

Epicocity

Could they have used the couple from SM 40, though?

But otherwise, yeah, I suppose so. Still nice that they acknowledged it happened, strange as it is to say, especially considering the prevalence for other ships in the west.

Satoshi no masara

Lolz. this was also posted in their official FB page.

About the bashings, let's just ignore them all. The fact that the tweet got 9k+ likes and 2k+ retweets just shows that there are still more fans.

EDIT: As of this edit, that tweet already have 11k+ likes and nearing 3k for retweets. It's clear that there are still a lot of fans out there that supports the shipping much more than the haters. So again, let's just ignore them.

Last edited:

Rajas

Lolz. this was also posted in their official FB page.

About the bashings, let's just ignore them all. The fact that the tweet got 9k+ likes and 2k+ retweets just shows that there are still more fans.

EDIT: As of this edit, that tweet already have 11k+ likes and nearing 3k for retweets. It's clear that there are still a lot of fans out there that supports the shipping much more than the haters. So again, let's just ignore them.

Over 10k and growing XD