• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Oddly enough, I knew this was a joke before even opening the spoiler. It’s kind of crazy that April Fool’s Day also falls on Easter as well.

I also kinda hope that Serena comes back. It’d be interesting to have Ash and his classmates learn about Kalos and Showcases from Serena. Not likely but who knows.
Honestly, I don't see Serena meeting Ash this early, considering the "farewell talk" they had in the last XY&Z episode but I can see Serena interacting with Ash's classmates when Ash leaves Alola, sorta like how Cilan met Clemont and Bonnie.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Honestly, I don't see Serena meeting Ash this early, considering the "farewell talk" they had in the last XY&Z episode but I can see Serena interacting with Ash's classmates when Ash leaves Alola, sorta like how Cilan met Clemont and Bonnie.
Granted, everyone except for Iris had an appearance in the series following their own. I think that's what the hope is for Serena.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator

I agree with this completrly. I would like to believe that Serena would have a cameo in SM but the fact that Iris didn’t get a cameo, I don’t even think she was mentioned at all in XY, I find it unlikely. But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us.

Epicocity

I agree with this completrly. I would like to believe that Serena would have a cameo in SM but the fact that Iris didn’t get a cameo, I don’t even think she was mentioned at all in XY, I find it unlikely. But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us.

One does have to take popularity into account, along with other things. Iris didn't cameo partly because she just couldn't work feasibly into Yajima's plot, but also that she just wasn't that popular (regardless of whether one likes her or not). Serena and Amourshipping were both pretty popular in their heyday to the point of special merchandise being made of them. I'm not saying she'll appear in SM, but she's more likely to get another quick appearance before Iris; or rather, Iris' non-appearance in XY shouldn't hurt her chances.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
One does have to take popularity into account, along with other things. Iris didn't cameo partly because she just couldn't work feasibly into Yajima's plot, but also that she just wasn't that popular (regardless of whether one likes her or not). Serena and Amourshipping were both pretty popular in their heyday to the point of special merchandise being made of them. I'm not saying she'll appear in SM, but she's more likely to get another quick appearance before Iris; or rather, Iris' non-appearance in XY shouldn't hurt her chances.

I am fully aware of the fact that Serena and Amourshipping are very popular but that’s still no guarantee she’s going to appear. I’d love it if she did but at the moment, I think it’s too soon. But since we had Ash reunite with Misty and Brock, who knows.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
She could possibly return near the end of the series I imagine. What I would like to see is that Amour becomes more comical if she ever does return and I think there are a number of ways for that to happen like overreactions and super red blushes/funny facial expressions etc, which I can definitely see happening in the current series. This is most likely the last chance that she'll ever return as well so I would like it to be as enjoyable and entertaining as possible.

Epicocity

She could possibly return near the end of the series I imagine. What I would like to see is that Amour becomes more comical if she ever does return and I think there are a number of ways for that to happen like overreactions and super red blushes/funny facial expressions etc, which I can definitely see happening in the current series. This is most likely the last chance that she'll ever return as well so I would like it to be as enjoyable and entertaining as possible.

I'd rather not.

While the ship was occasionally played for laughs, it also tied directly into Serena's character development. To devalue it into something used for a gag would just be disrespectful to Serena's character, really.

Rajas

I rather this not happen, amour and the relationship Serena developed with Ash is not comical in any sense and there was blushing added etc in XY. To reduce her being in love with Ash to a joke with be insulting to what they built through XY. SM could keep their comedy with what they use it for right now. I'd rather her not return at all and I keep a respectable memory of her and what was built.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Exactly what's going to happen with Serena is just completely unknown. On one hand, she kissed Ash, boarded a plane to Hoenn, and we haven't heard from her since. On the other hand, SM brought Misty back after about a decade, so acting like Serena's return is impossible is just ridiculous. I don't know when Gen VII will end, but if it's only after two years as some are predicting, seeing Serena in Gen VIII isn't an impossibility. We would literally be at the point where a full series took about half the time of Diamond and Pearl. I guess DP was a lot longer ago than I realize, though. I feel old.

necris14

Protect that smile
With how Serena left the series, I always thought that a return episode would be tricky to handle. I don't see how you could have a reunion of her and Ash without addressing their potential relationship in some way, between Serena's last words to him, and of course the kiss. She essentially confessed to him through her actions there, while at the same time saying that she wanted to go off and improve herself before pursuing any kind of relationship between them. If you just bring her back for a few episodes without addressing that at all, you completely invalidate the subtext of that scene.

Now, if they actually paid attention to all of that, and wrote the episodes correctly, I think it'd be really interesting to explore. But somehow, I feel like that isn't going to happen, at least not any time soon. If they give Serena anything within the next few years, I think it'll be more of a special focusing on her alone, and perhaps some other returning character, like the Brock/Cilan episode.

Satoshi no masara

With how Serena left the series, I always thought that a return episode would be tricky to handle. I don't see how you could have a reunion of her and Ash without addressing their potential relationship in some way, between Serena's last words to him, and of course the kiss. She essentially confessed to him through her actions there, while at the same time saying that she wanted to go off and improve herself before pursuing any kind of relationship between them. If you just bring her back for a few episodes without addressing that at all, you completely invalidate the subtext of that scene.

Now, if they actually paid attention to all of that, and wrote the episodes correctly, I think it'd be really interesting to explore. But somehow, I feel like that isn't going to happen, at least not any time soon. If they give Serena anything within the next few years, I think it'll be more of a special focusing on her alone, and perhaps some other returning character, like the Brock/Cilan episode.
I agree with this. As much as I wanted Serena to come back, more specifically, reunite with Ash, it will be risky since it would be too early for that. With Serena's confession, it will be tricky to handle Serena in Alola or even in Gen 8 without ruining her main goal and why she even went to Hoenn in the 1st place. Sure Misty and Brock returned but to be fair, we haven't seen them for a very long time, Misty in particular. Plus, their return has a purpose and it's to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the anime.

Anyway, A special episode dedicated for her is more likely an option at the moment with some brief mention of Amourshipping (e.g. Serena remembering Ash's words for encouragement).

Out of this subject, but
I would love to see Serena in PCU (Pokemon cinematic universe) though should ever it gets more continuity. Hopefully with the same backstory in the anime or maybe something better.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I rather this not happen, amour and the relationship Serena developed with Ash is not comical in any sense and there was blushing added etc in XY. To reduce her being in love with Ash to a joke with be insulting to what they built through XY. SM could keep their comedy with what they use it for right now. I'd rather her not return at all and I keep a respectable memory of her and what was built.
I disagree with this sentiment entirely. If love cannot be in comical or dramatic moments, light and dark, happy and sad, etc, then it is poor melodrama at best and a parody of drama at worst. Love is not dramatic buildup; love is a habit that becomes second nature.

Epicocity

I disagree with this sentiment entirely. If love cannot be in comical or dramatic moments, light and dark, happy and sad, etc, then it is poor melodrama at best and a parody of drama at worst. Love is not dramatic buildup; love is a habit that becomes second nature.
That completely misses the point of what we're saying, though. It's not that we wouldn't want something that's constant or non-dramatic, but that we don't want the feelings Serena has used for a cheap gag. We want it to be remembered that this is a core of her character and what helped her become who she is; not something solely to get some good laughs out of.

Johtohfiller

I wouldn't mind some degree of Amour comedy (#Mallowknows?) but I wouldn't want it to get the full blown gag treatment either - for instance, I thought Alolan Oak pulling off his overdone gag at the wedding was too much.

Time for a topic, to breathe some life back into this ship.

What amour moment or potential amour moment would you have liked to seen alternated?

I know for many alot people go to changes would be probably be changing the outcomes of the dance party or what occurred during the first date episode or as simple as showing us the in screen kiss.

I want to go in a different direction with this and expand upon the moment where Ash's mom had invited the XY gang to visit Pallet town anytime they like. It would of been interesting to have had to Take up the offer before they all parted ways to continue with their goals.Ash and Serena could have revisited the spot they originally met and along with being introduced to the rest of his Pokémon, and work through Serena's dilemma on what she was going to do next. After an episode maybe two, they could still have their airport scenes with Serena going off to Hoenn to compete in contests (surprising ash with the kiss) and clemont and Bonnie back to Kalos, and Ash's mom potentially weeping about how he is growing up and has a girlfriend

Sounds more like fanfiction but I wanted to be different then the standard answers

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Ash and Serena could have revisited the spot they originally met and along with being introduced to the rest of his Pokémon, and work through Serena's dilemma on what she was going to do next. After an episode maybe two, they could still have their airport scenes with Serena going off to Hoenn to compete in contests (surprising ash with the kiss) and clemont and Bonnie back to Kalos, and Ash's mom potentially weeping about how he is growing up and has a girlfriend
"All the different faces that compete to share your heart.
Make my wish come true to be home at last with you" -- Every Side of Me

Satoshi no masara

The fact that it made 3rd place is already a big deal. The top 2 have obvious romance in it but for an anime like Pokemon to be on 3rd spot, despite having a lot of big contenders, is really surprising but in a good way. Quite understandable given that it's rare for Pokemon to have heavy romance and the kiss is something nobody expected and blew up our minds. What's even great is that it's not sharing any spot with other anime compared to the ones below the list. (Also kudos to one of my favorite pairing, NagisaxKaede for making it to the list. Too bad that NaruHina was lower but I'm still glad it was there)