• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Long time no see! Thoughts on Serena potentially coming back?
Very highly doubtful. Not impossible, but if they haven't brought back Dawn in Sinnoh, May in Hoenn, or Iris in well, anywhere, actually Unova, I have a hard time imagining Serena is going to return in Kalos.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Ash and Gou isn't going to be a duo forever, and maybe Serena will be joining them for 100 episodes after they arrive in Kalos. If they're trying to make a series aligned with fans' wishes, that would be pretty good way to do it. I'm just not convinced at all that it'll actually happen.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
When a girl from Kalos with blonde hair is coming back but it's not the certain girl with blonde hair we were all expecting

5e2.jpg

Jokes aside, it's hard to tell if Serena will return in this season. Her telling Ash of her goal from the last episode of XY&Z kinda sets the bar high for any possibility, especially if Ash isn't retiring anytime soon

Last edited:

SatoSere

In Pokémon 2019+, it is very hopeful to see the first physical appearance of a well-known character who traveled with Satoshi (Ash Ketchum), Serena (Serena), Citron (Clemont) and Eureka (Bonnie) in Kalos: Corni (Korrina) has her design and animation of her female character in Pokémon XY, XY&Z with slight changes. Really like the beautiful fighting girl of the Mega Evolution. Citron is really lucky to have met Corni.

We all see Serena reunited with Satoshi in Pokémon 2019+, will be the best Pokémon moments for the world, Serena is going to be incredibly beautiful girl with her grown blonde hair, new hairstyle, new outfits and her blue ribbon (her Satoshi’s gift).
Everyone wishes Satoshi and Serena travel together, fulfill their dreams, Serena witness and accompany live Satoshi's dream come true, get mega rings, mega evolutions, new pokémon (Serena has a female Pikachu in Viridian Forest), save the world and develop their love relationship (SatoSere).

Last edited:
The general opinion here seems on the nose. I don’t expect Serena to return any time soon but they could squeeze a small cameo of her in with say her watching Ash in some championship battle. Maybe Goh will be a way to connect younger audiences and they can age Ash up a bit to connect the older audience? They are bringing Korinna back for Riolu so they are referencing the old show. They did it again with the stand in for Lt. Surge recently with a flashback. Though if I were a betting man I’d put my money on Serena meeting Goh and them having an episode while Ash is away.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Also @Spider-Phoenix, Go actually mentioned the summer camp at Oak's place in the latest episode! Maybe they actually have. At least I think that was the summer camp being mentioned...

Yeah, but episode 1 showed that was not the same Summer Camp Ash and Serena had met.

Ash overslept in the one Go was in.

Also, if you ask me, the Ash from the Serena flashback looked slightly older than the Ash of PM19 episode 1.

I mean, did you ever get a confirmation of how old Ash and Serena were when they first met? We do know that the Summer Camp Go had went and Ash missed were from when they were 5. But what about Ash's and Serena's?

Hm it would be hard for her to make such a casual return after her bold departure. But I was thinking of two scenarios that would be hilarious and fit the comedy of the current show.
1. Have an episode where Serena sees Ash from a distance and tries to hide from him. Maybe she runs into Goh but never runs into Ash.
2. Have an episode where 2-3 of the old girls are in a group and reminisce with Ash as Goh and Koharu’s draws drop in a comedic fashion and maybe add a comment about Ash being a player or scandalous.

Back in the days of SM, I was quite surprised they didn't try to make her cameo a joke episode. Like, Ash just casually meets Serena on Alola one day, they hang out to had a talk, the classmates see from far and assume it's her girlfriend. We could have gotten all the usual gags... Ash being oblivious to everything, Serena blushing, Kiawe being a drama queen and so on...

Sure they could make that with Go and Koharu but I dunno... I could see Koharu either not giving a danm or actually having the same reaction she had from when she heard her mom telling about how she had met her father

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Since Ash is gonna meet up with Korrina in the anime again, I‘m pretty sure he’ll bring up Serena. If that happens, I wonder if there’ll be any references to their kiss, or Serena’s feelings for Ash.

Since Ash is gonna meet up with Korrina in the anime again, I‘m pretty sure he’ll bring up Serena. If that happens, I wonder if there’ll be any references to their kiss, or Serena’s feelings for Ash.
It’s entirely possible. This current season is smashing old rules. Ash with a pseudo yet again and a ghost type to boot. A Riolu that we all knew he needed to have since the mystery of mew movie. I have to wonder if them bringing Korrina in could be a way to point towards XY/XYZ as a way to say, “Oh we didn’t forget.” I mean Serena is pretty heavily pushed as the end game for Ash. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see them give us some reminders here and there.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm doubtful there will be a mention of Serena in the upcoming episode. I think something like that would possibly happen later on in the series, but I'm skeptical knowing how the anime has been going downhill with continuity to past series since DP ended.

Anyways tbh I think I would have found it interesting if Serena was introduced in the SM series instead of the XY series. I think she would have worked better as a character in SM and I think it would have made amourshipping more entertaining and lively, since I found it to be more like a gag instead of a serious subplot in XY.

D

Deleted member 384931

We shall see alright? I wont get my hopes up for nothing,but it will be a present surprise if there is any mention. Tbh I think romance as humor, is like Brocks or Bonnies gags is boring, give me drama lol

Satoshi no masara

Well if you guys wanna walk down memory lane, the official Pokemon Youtube channel is re-airing the episodes of the XY gang's adventure with Korrina and Lucario. It's available in Japan only though so unless you have VPN or something, you won't be able to watch them.

Anyways, I'm keeping my expectations low for any Serena cameo. Best I can hope for is Korrina mentioning the photos that they took during their journeys together

D

Deleted member 384931

Well if you guys wanna walk down memory lane, the official Pokemon Youtube channel is re-airing the episodes of the XY gang's adventure with Korrina and Lucario. It's available in Japan only though so unless you have VPN or something, you won't be able to watch them.

Anyways, I'm keeping my expectations low for any Serena cameo. Best I can hope for is Korrina mentioning the photos that they took during their journeys together
The surprise is even better then if they surprise us.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah Serena wasn't referenced, neither were Clemont or Bonnie, but that was expected since there was no time for them to get a reference in the episode.

I still doubt she'll return, but I honestly would like to see her return again with some kind of update on her contest journey. I don't know what they would do with amourshipping though.

86Pokéfan

I still doubt she'll return, but I honestly would like to see her return again with some kind of update on her contest journey. I don't know what they would do with amourshipping though.

In my opinion I think the only way for that to happen if they, The Pokémon Company (Pokémon Intl'), made a spin-off anime series to help evolve/bridge the original series' storyline since the Pokémon franchise revolves the adventures of Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) on his path to becoming a Pokémon Master, which to me will never come true since he's stuck being 10 years old, among other factors. That's a good question about the Amourshipping as I wouldn't know as there's various paths that idea could take. It would've been cool to see Serena's contest progress in Hoenn instead of landing it as a cliffhanger in the XYZ series...even if it was just awhile.

I'm doubtful there will be a mention of Serena in the upcoming episode. I think something like that would possibly happen later on in the series, but I'm skeptical knowing how the anime has been going downhill with continuity to past series since DP ended.

Has it been that long? I would've thought since SM due to the dramatic change in its animation and storyline. I've watched it and I loved some of the characters (e.g. Mallow and Lana) but the rest....let's just say it was weirdly interesting. I felt that the school, Z-Ring, and superhero story as I thought that idea was just slapped together and had no meaning to it.

Satoshi no masara

I desperately need a translation for the second one.

Wish granted though it's a rough translation since the artist used Google translate

It goes like this:
Brock: Look, Ash! May is on TV!
Ash: Yeah, and Serena too.
Brock: Serena?
Ash: She's a friend who I traveled with back in Kalos
Brock: Well, she's quite pretty (small text: As expected from Kalos girls)
Ash: (Small text: May is the girl I traveled with in Hoenn)
Go : (Small text: Hmmm)
Announcer: Next is a question for Serena.
Announcer: You always wear that blue ribbon. Is it something special?
Ash: That's the ribbon I gave her
Serena: This is...
Serena: It's an important treasure that I received from my most important person
Ash: (feeling flustered)... W-well Pikachu. Let's go battle
*Brock and Goh seems to stop Ash from going*

Rune Knight

Wish granted though it's a rough translation since the artist used Google translate

It goes like this:
Brock: Look, Ash! May is on TV!
Ash: Yeah, and Serena too.
Brock: Serena?
Ash: She's a friend who I traveled with back in Kalos
Brock: Well, she's quite pretty (small text: As expected from Kalos girls)
Ash: (Small text: May is the girl I traveled with in Hoenn)
Go : (Small text: Hmmm)
Announcer: Next is a question for Serena.
Announcer: You always wear that blue ribbon. Is it something special?
Ash: That's the ribbon I gave her
Serena: This is...
Serena: It's an important treasure that I received from my most important person
Ash: (feeling flustered)... W-well Pikachu. Let's go battle
*Brock and Goh seems to stop Ash from going*

Thank you, that touched a string.

My next wish is for this to be canon.

To be honest, I'd be sincerely considered with how this series would treat Serena's character and her relationship to Ash since it seems like the writing is only getting worse. I really want to see her back though and interact with Ash so I don't know how I can reconcile those two things