• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You do realize the show's written by basically the same people who did XY, right? All the usual suspects are right there: Atsuhiro Tomioka, Shouji Yonemura, Akemi Omode... Even Aya Matsui who's done the episode of Serena dressing as Ash (which seems a fan favorite). There was Shinzo Fujita as well (he's done the Malamar arc not to mention the Mirage Mastermind special too).

And those are the ones I remember from the top of my head. Bet there's more as well.

If their work doesn't feel up to par with their past stuff, that might be the director's fault since he is the one who makes the guidelines writers are meant to follow. If I recall the director is the same from SM which is kind of polarizing.

Anyway, I wouldn't even blame the director as the anime is just kind of following what the executives - aka the ones who call the shots - see as what constitutes the programming the target audience wants to see.

Still, I think the writers would do a fine work if - and that's a big if - Serena shows up.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
You do realize the show's written by basically the same people who did XY, right? All the usual suspects are right there: Atsuhiro Tomioka, Shouji Yonemura, Akemi Omode... Even Aya Matsui who's done the episode of Serena dressing as Ash (which seems a fan favorite).

And those are the ones I remember from the top of my head. Bet there's more as well.

No, it's only those four. Pokemon had a fairly consistent group of writers up until the end of XY, but both SM and PM2019 did a bunch of replacements for whatever reason.

There was Shinzo Fujita as well (he's done the Malamar arc not to mention the Mirage Mastermind special too).

Fujita hasn't written for Pokemon since XY ended. He moved on to a position as head writer for Puzzle & Dragons and Buddyfight.

If I recall the director is the same from SM which is kind of polarizing.

The director is Maki Kodaira, while SM's Tomiyasu is now executive director and Yuyama is "creative supervisor"... though honestly, looking at various interviews and presentations and such, it seems Tomiyasu is still "in charge" of the show with Yuyama as the big boss ultimately calling the shots, just like in SM when Tomiyasu was director and Yuyama executive director. Kodaira never seems to get any mentions at all.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Cross-post from the Old character thread from Anime spoilers section:

Semi-related but Maki Makiguchi's character on Pazudora is showing up on next week's episode so unless there was some stealth recasting that means Serena wouldn't have VA avabiality problems should the staff be interested on bringing her back.

No, it's only those four. Pokemon had a fairly consistent group of writers up until the end of XY, but both SM and PM2019 did a bunch of replacements for whatever reason.

I think the replacements were because they wanted to "renew" the series since they were trying some different things thus they just kept the best, most consistent writers to remain on board.

Fujita hasn't written for Pokemon since XY ended. He moved on to a position as head writer for Puzzle & Dragons and Buddyfight.

Maybe I'm going crazy but I'm fairly sure I've seen Fujita credited as writer of one episode of Journeys so that's why I counted him despite he not being on SM

Didn't know Fujita was the head writer of the Pazudora anime though. That show was quite good and I'm enjoying the current mini-episodes.

Now, I kind of want him to be Yonemura's sucessor whenever we get a generation change lol

The director is Maki Kodaira, while SM's Tomiyasu is now executive director and Yuyama is "creative supervisor"... though honestly, looking at various interviews and presentations and such, it seems Tomiyasu is still "in charge" of the show with Yuyama as the big boss ultimately calling the shots, just like in SM when Tomiyasu was director and Yuyama executive director. Kodaira never seems to get any mentions at all.

Thanks a lot. I tend to only remember Yajima because of his interviews. Starting to remember Tomiyasu so a little more work and I'll remember Kodaira as well lol

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Semi-related but Maki Makiguchi's character on Pazudora is showing up on next week's episode so unless there was some stealth recasting that means Serena wouldn't have VA avabiality problems should the staff be interested on bringing her back.

There's never been any availability problems. She's an active voice actor, and any claims to the contrary has always just been trolling from the usual suspects.

Thanks a lot. I tend to only remember Yajima because of his interviews. Starting to remember Tomiyasu so a little more work and I'll remember Kodaira as well lol

Tomiyasu has been on Pokenchi and Oha Suta a lot to promote various promotional gimmicks like stunt castings of celebrities. He's the current "face of the franchise" the same way Yajima was during XY, and was on Oha Suta to promote Shimofuri Myojyou's guest roles in PM2019 20 and on Pokenchi twice to promote the PM2019 anime in general and Kasuga's appearance in PM2019 26 in particular. Kodaira I don't think I've ever seen anywhere.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There's never been any availability problems. She's an active voice actor, and any claims to the contrary has always just been trolling from the usual suspects.

Never said she was but I think I recall not finding much current roles she was doing (but then it's been a long while since I did that).

Mizuki from Pazudora barely counts since she was an infrequent gag rival. She did cameo on episode 100 but it was pretty much voiceless only with some grunts that any sound-alike could have made.

All in all, I'm just glad she is still working in the industry as I really appreciate her work on Serena.

Come to think of it, I've like her since Beyblade 4D where she has played Yuuki (that was way before XY by the way)

86Pokéfan

I know this sounds silly but I'm having dreams about Serena returning. :'(

Is it wrong for me to have those dreams as well? I wonder if we're having the same dreams though.

Sidenote: I wrote fan-fiction for some years and it's tingling my writing senses...

D

Deleted member 384931

Is it wrong for me to have those dreams as well? I wonder if we're having the same dreams though.

Sidenote: I wrote fan-fiction for some years and it's tingling my writing senses...
Tbh the possibilities are endless now

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Semi-related but... After learning Fujita is the main writer of the Puzzles & Dragons anime and that Maki Makiguchi is there, I can't unsee Mizuki from that show as a Serena/Amourshipping parody. In a way they mixed Serena with some bits of Mairin and then feed the clone some crazy drugs to make her a creepy stalker of the main character's rival. I'm really suspecting it's intentional lol

(for anyone interested, you can watch the episode with Makiguchi's character on the copyright holder's official YT channel. It'll last up until next thursday though)

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Whatever season or episode Serena returns, I just hope they treat her cameo as something special and that it has a big impact to Ash

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Question for you guys, do you want Serena to come back? I’m having a hard time deciding.

I want it. Chloe as the series' female cast member just isn't doing it for me. I don't even mind if they won't touch on the kiss. Just give me more Serena lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... In the trade about the most recent episode an user claimed Rika has said on Twitter that Ash pretends to be dense because he's focused on his journey. It's probably a misunderstanding or just a plain fake claim. @Dephender may help with this one. Had you heard anything about that?

But for the sake of speculation, if it was true - and not saying it is - it'd sure shed a different light into his dynamic with Serena. Maybe he was aware of her feelings either before or after the kiss but probably doesn't feel mature enough to answer to her accordingly?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So... In the trade about the most recent episode an user claimed Rika has said on Twitter that Ash pretends to be dense because he's focused on his journey. It's probably a misunderstanding or just a plain fake claim. @Dephender may help with this one. Had you heard anything about that?

Pretends to be dense? That really doesn't sound like anything Rica would've said. Satoshi has always been written as a pretty straight forward dude who says what he means, and this is generally how he's described in the various character profile blurbs too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, I'm not buying it too hence why I ask. I'll throw it on "nonsense people throws around"

86Pokéfan

Question for you guys, do you want Serena to come back? I’m having a hard time deciding.

Personally, I'd like for her to return but as someone else has stated, it depends on how they use/write her. If they write her in a different dumb way and the writers give us the meme: "WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING??!!" moment, I'd say don't bother.

Sidenote: To me, I liked Lyra who thought Ash was "a catch" [What 10 year old says that? lol] and liked him but she went for the other guy. However, Serena was the one who liked him and really kissed him even though we didn't get to see it (but we knew).

However if I had to be impartial, there's going to be countless girls in the Pokémon series so we yet to see the results. Anyways, that's just my thinking...

Whatever season or episode Serena returns, I just hope they treat her cameo as something special and that it has a big impact to Ash

I'm hoping for that as well because for some odd reason, cameos and reoccurring characters end up being an after-thought. I'm hoping Serena helps him grow as a person that is capable of developing feelings for a person. Having driving ambitions is great but some things are more important than that. For example, he doesn't know what love is so he makes it some sort of a comic relief which great for writing and not boring your audiance but it gets old sometimes (or constantly - depending on how you look at it). I'm hoping when Serena come back, she teaches him that.

Even if he doesn't fall in love with her (even though I want him to), I'd be happy that she changed him for the better permanently even though it's a kids show. I don't know how you would write it though...

Last edited:
Hello amourshippers, i come to see the thread since the others are a bit inactive, serena seems decent to me, so I will be around here hidden some times

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why hide yourself?

I'm normally as enthusiastic for shipping as most people but I don't mind visiting this thread every once in a while. Serena's love for Ash is a part of her character and I really like how the show handled it.