• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

I've been rewatching XYZ and there are so many great, underrated moments like when Ash had the group change their route from his 8th gym to Serena's showcase and when Ash sat down with Serena to discuss her loss to Elle.

I have a slightly embarrassing anecdote about Serena.

On 3 occasions when she screamed, I had the speakers turned up high. The 3 times I got scared and in 2 of them I broke two porcelain glasses (dropped). When Miette asked Ash to dance, it was the most traumatic occasion for me. My sister didn't stop laughing for almost 10 minutes that time.

Last edited:

86Pokéfan

On 3 occasions when she screamed, I had the speakers turned up high. The 3 times I got scared and in 2 of them I broke two porcelain glasses. When Miette asked Ash to dance, it was the most traumatic occasion for me. My sister didn't stop laughing for almost 10 minutes that time.

You must have a Dolby Digital THX 22.1 surround sound speaker setup to shatter porcelain glasses. Was it an experiment? Hopefully you were wearing earplugs...

Didn't know Serena had that kind of dynamic range....that's lit.

I've been rewatching XYZ and there are so many great, underrated moments like when Ash had the group change their route from his 8th gym to Serena's showcase and when Ash sat down with Serena to discuss her loss to Elle.

Agreed, XYZ had a lot of great moments and to me, it was one of the rare few addicting seasons that I enjoy watching because the storyline was so well written but to me left some holes (the most recognizable when Serena kissed Ash to pursue a new kind of performing in Hoenn). There was a few great moment when Ash lost during his ice match for his 8th badge, he was irritable and Serena threw a snowball at him at supersonic speeds to wake him up. When she returned to the cabin, she was pissed but then was later happy when Ash returned to his old determined self again. In one of the episodes, she pretends to be Ash (Satoshi) when he catches a bad cold and battles in his place with his Pikachu (however, I wish there was a few more episodes of her doing that). However, this is just one of the few moments that stood out to me as I know there are others...

If I'm missing other key moments, then please feel free to add them...

Last edited:

You must have a Dolby Digital THX 22.1 surround sound speaker setup to shatter porcelain glasses. Was it an experiment? Hopefully you were wearing earplugs...

Didn't know Serena had that kind of dynamic range....that's lit.

Agreed, XYZ had a lot of great moments and to me, it was one of the rare few addicting seasons that I enjoy watching because the storyline was so well written but to me left some holes (the most recognizable when Serena kissed Ash to pursue a new kind of performing in Hoenn. Another time when Ash lost during his ice match for his 8th badge, he was irritable and Serena threw a snowball at him at supersonic speeds to wake him up. When she returned to the cabin, she was pissed but then was later happy when Ash returned to his old determined self again). However, this is just one of the few moments that stood out to me as I know there are others...

If I'm missing other key moments, then please feel free to add them...
I dropped the glass

cf16polo

Hey guys what´s up!!
Its been a long long long time since the last time i commented in this thread even though i constantly check for new posts, today i wanna talk about a pretty weird dream that i had a few days ago and that i cant get out of my mind since it has to do something with amourshipping and the current series, before i start talking i will let u know that this dream is a bit dissapointing especially because i see it totally possible and also pretty bad for amourshipping (i would not want it to happen).

It all start in a journey of ash and go traveling to the Kalos region because this last one wants to catch vivillion´s every different forms, when he is about to catch the last form (and he fails) they decides to follow it, on their way to find that pokemon they decide to split in case someone of them find it, thats when ash while looking for it, sees that a showcase is about to start and he forgets about vivillion so decide to watch the show, a few contestants do their perfomance and that reminds ash of serena and all the fun they had on their journey, thats when (with a smile in his face) he has different flashbacks of their adventure in kalos and the last memory he remembers is the one when she kisses him (at that moment ash has a slightly blush in his face) only to pikachu calling him out that they should keep looking for vivillion, ash was about to get out of the bulding when he hears a familiar voice giving thanks to all the performers for their amazing work, thats when he turns around, AND SEES SERENA!!!, he goes backstage searching for her (by this moment he forgets about vivillion) and when he finds her, he calls her name she turns around and have an extreme blush on her face (similar to the one from the dance episode when she thought about the possibility of her to have a dance with him) she greets him nervously calling his name and ask him what was he doing there, he told her that he was with a friend looking for pokemon when he saw the showcase and decided to watch it, she gets a bit more relaxed and decides to tell him she actually managed to become Kalos queen to which ash gets overjoyed, she tells him that she felt the same way when she found out that he managed to become alola´s champion (ash notices that she stills get nervous when he is close to him and thus, he believes she still loves him) suddenly he decides to talk about what happened the last time they saw each other (the kiss), when yashio (the woman that wanted to take her under her wing) tells her that they have a lot of places to go next, she sees ash and then serena´s face (of how she wants to talk with ash for a moment) so she decides to give her 10 minutes to be with him.
They decide to go outside of the building to continue talking.
Serena tells him that she is so happy to see him and that he has being of a lot of help to her even when he wasnt by her side (because the thought of him and his upbeat attitude would always push her to do her best) and thanks to that she managed to become queen but now she has a lot of duties as queen and realized that she mistook her admiration for him as love, and while she still cares a lot for him, she doesnt see him in a romantical way anymore, ash feels way too dissapointed by her words, then he tells her that since the last time they saw eachother she has been in his mind everyday and how he started to see her different than "just a friend" (serena´s face is stunned) but is not sure yet of the meaning of his feelings, then goh arrives to the place they are, complaining of how ash wasnt of any help at all to catch vivillion (which at the end he managed to catch), then he ask ash the name of the girl he is with and when ash is about to introduce serena to goh..........
someobody woke up....

This particular dream scares me a lot because i usually guess correctly in this kind of stuff, it happened when in a series that i dont want to talk about because "rules" (cof cof... SVTFOE) i dreamt about a couple that rebounded their relationship (Startom) just for that to actually happen 6 months later.
But anyway, what do u think guys? do u see my dream possible or do u think that it is impossible that something like this might happen? i will read all your comments.
Im glad to be back!!!:):):D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey guys what´s up!!
Its been a long long long time since the last time i commented in this thread even though i constantly check for new posts, today i wanna talk about a pretty weird dream that i had a few days ago and that i cant get out of my mind since it has to do something with amourshipping and the current series, before i start talking i will let u know that this dream is a bit dissapointing especially because i see it totally possible and also pretty bad for amourshipping (i would not want it to happen).

It all start in a journey of ash and go traveling to the Kalos region because this last one wants to catch vivillion´s every different forms, when he is about to catch the last form (and he fails) they decides to follow it, on their way to find that pokemon they decide to split in case someone of them find it, thats when ash while looking for it, sees that a showcase is about to start and he forgets about vivillion so decide to watch the show, a few contestants do their perfomance and that reminds ash of serena and all the fun they had on their journey, thats when (with a smile in his face) he has different flashbacks of their adventure in kalos and the last memory he remembers is the one when she kisses him (at that moment ash has a slightly blush in his face) only to pikachu calling him out that they should keep looking for vivillion, ash was about to get out of the bulding when he hears a familiar voice giving thanks to all the performers for their amazing work, thats when he turns around, AND SEES SERENA!!!, he goes backstage searching for her (by this moment he forgets about vivillion) and when he finds her, he calls her name she turns around and have an extreme blush on her face (similar to the one from the dance episode when she thought about the possibility of her to have a dance with him) she greets him nervously calling his name and ask him what was he doing there, he told her that he was with a friend looking for pokemon when he saw the showcase and decided to watch it, she gets a bit more relaxed and decides to tell him she actually managed to become Kalos queen to which ash gets overjoyed, she tells him that she felt the same way when she found out that he managed to become alola´s champion (ash notices that she stills get nervous when he is close to him and thus, he believes she still loves him) suddenly he decides to talk about what happened the last time they saw each other (the kiss), when yashio (the woman that wanted to take her under her wing) tells her that they have a lot of places to go next, she sees ash and then serena´s face (of how she wants to talk with ash for a moment) so she decides to give her 10 minutes to be with him.
Serena tells him that she is so happy to see him and that he has being of a lot of help to her even when he wasnt by her side (because the thought of him and his upbeat attitude would always push her to do her best) and thanks to that she managed to become queen but now she has a lot of duties as queen and realized that she mistook her admiration for him as love, and while she still cares a lot for him, she doesnt see him in a romantical way anymore, ash feels way too dissapointed by her words, then he tells her that since the last time they saw eachother she has been in his mind everyday and how he started to see her different than "just a friend" (serena´s face is stunned) but is not sure yet of the meaning of his feelings, then goh arrives to the place they are, complaining of how ash wasnt of any help at all to catch vivillion (which at the end he managed to catch), then he ask ash the name of the girl he is with and when ash is about to introduce serena to goh..........
someobody woke up....

This particular dream scares me a lot because i usually guess correctly in this kind of stuff, it happened when in a series that i dont want to talk about because "rules" (cof cof... SVTFOE) i dreamt about a couple that rebounded their relationship (Startom) just for that to actually happen 6 months later.
But anyway, what do u think guys? do u see my dream possible or do u think that it is impossible that something like this might happen? i will read all your comments.
I don't think it happens that way
But it was a nice dream

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hey guys what´s up!!

someobody woke up....

Zero chance of that happening. If they really wanted to kill off Amourshipping, they'd use the tried n' true strategy of 'let's just completely ignore it and hope the fans have moved on, or forgotten about it'. Having Serena acknowledge that something like that happened, and for Ash to not only recognise the meaning behind it, but to say he actually felt something for Serena, after she denies feeling anything romantic towards him...

Honestly, that sounds like something you wouldn't even see in most shonen anime (which is geared towards a slightly older audience), so I don't see it happening in a show that's primarily aimed at kids and isn't even bold enough to give its main character a love interest.

cf16polo

Zero chance of that happening. If they really wanted to kill off Amourshipping, they'd use the tried n' true strategy of 'let's just completely ignore it and hope the fans have moved on, or forgotten about it'. Having Serena acknowledge that something like that happened, and for Ash to not only recognise the meaning behind it, but to say he actually felt something for Serena, after she denies feeling anything romantic towards him...

Honestly, that sounds like something you wouldn't even see in most shonen anime (which is geared towards a slightly older audience), so I don't see it happening in a show that's primarily aimed at kids and isn't even bold enough to give its main character a love interest.

Okay so here are a few question to u:

1.- Do u think that Serena have any chance to make an appearance on this series?
2.- In case she doesnt, do u think that if Bonnie/clemont do appear, would they bring back what happen in the airport?
3.- If serena happens to come back, how do you think the interaction between her and ash, would be like? would they be nervous or will they ignore what happen?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
1.- Do u think that Serena have any chance to make an appearance on this series?

I'd say it's not very likely, unfortunately

3.- If serena happens to come back, how do you think the interaction between her and ash, would be like? would they be nervous or will they ignore what happen?

Writting wouldn't make it a deal though it could let slide some ambiguous scenes as a blinks to people who've watched the season

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Because the show tends to avoid too much continuity and also because I feel that from the staff's perspective, Serena's story is over and bringing her back would kind of push them to either go to a direction the show wasn't supposed to go OR handle her in a way that wouldn't make justice for her character.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Okay so here are a few question to u:

Sure, I'd say the number of cameos in this series, along with the level of continuity we've seen so far, makes me think Serena's far more likely to make an appearance than she was in S/M. I wouldn't expect anything major though.
2.- In case she doesnt, do u think that if Bonnie/clemont do appear, would they bring back what happen in the airport?

No, I doubt it'll be brought up unless Serena is there too. Even if she is, I see a 1% chance of them actually bringing up the kiss.

99% chance of the kiss getting ignored entirely, though if she does appear, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that she reaffirms her love for Ash in her own mind.

D

Deleted member 384931

Happy Amourshipping day! Last episode of the XYZ anime (specials not counted). Time flies fast! I find this ship special in the first place because:

-The way Satoshi and Serena interact
-They can count on eachother
-Serena admires Satoshi
-Satoshi rooting for Serena in a special way
-Serena being worried about Satoshi
-Satoshi inspires Serena

It doesnt matter what other people think about Amourshipping. I will respect other shipping equally. Attacking someone cause you like something is never a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh that's the anniversary of the kiss episode on Japan isn't it? Man, can't believe it's been 4 years. Time certainly flies.

I'll give Yajima this: I never expected that kiss scene. Back in the day when someone would speculate about Serena kissing Ash or some variation of that I'd just roll my eyes and feel pity for the person wishing the impossible. Now, here we are.

Yajima is certainly something. I really wonder what he would have done in a proper Sword and Shield anime series.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Hey y'all. Happy Amourshipping day to everyone in this thread. That kiss (which I'm proudly using as my Avatar, lol) still to this day, gives me Butterfrees in my stomach. Shoutout to Yajima for making this moment possible and historical to the entire Pokemon anime.