• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Spoilers for today's episode:

Ash rejecting Rose's offer to sponsor him really made me remember of Serena turning down Palermo's offer to train her. Seems like she learned more from him than it appeared :)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
@Dephender Do you think Yajima will ever return to directing the main show? Or do you think he's more relegated to the movie role?
Unfortunately we doesn't know but it is likely he is relegated to the Pokemon au movie

Epicocity

@Dephender Do you think Yajima will ever return to directing the main show? Or do you think he's more relegated to the movie role?
Honestly, he's probably on the movies, and while I'd love to see him flex on a series again, I also like that he gets to play in the sandbox of the movies and do what he does best without the limitations of the show.

That said, I'd be over the moon if he was given the opportunity to storyboard a Serena/Clemont/Bonnie return to the show in the same way Tomiyasu got to storyboard his baby.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

I believe Yuyama mentioned he appointed Yajima his permanent successor as movie director, so unless that changes, it's very unlikely he'd be able to juggle directing both the movies and TV series at the same time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I believe Yuyama mentioned he appointed Yajima his permanent successor as movie director, so unless that changes, it's very unlikely he'd be able to juggle directing both the movies and TV series at the same time.

Yeah, it was something like that. At least, if it's the same interview I'm thinking about then it's the same where the inteviewer joked about Yajima having half of Yuyama's age but double of his weight lol

Seems like Yuyama finally set his mind on who his sucessors would be (Yajima taking on the movies, Tomiyasu taking on the show).

But I dunno, nothing is really set on stone specially if OLM eventually figures Yajima's style fit more the TV show.

Epicocity

Yeah, it was something like that. At least, if it's the same interview I'm thinking about then it's the same where the inteviewer joked about Yajima having half of Yuyama's age but double of his weight lol

Seems like Yuyama finally set his mind on who his sucessors would be (Yajima taking on the movies, Tomiyasu taking on the show).

But I dunno, nothing is really set on stone specially if OLM eventually figures Yajima's style fit more the TV show.
A tad unrelated to the topic, but I always felt like Tomiyasu was a bit more the exec pick than one handpicked by Yuyama. He lacks a little bit on the creative side of things and, in my opinion, understanding past characters very well (like thinking a 6-region-vet Ash needed a father figure). And to bring it back on topic, this is why I hope Serena never returns under Tomiyasu's tenure unless Yajima has a hand in it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Honestly, he's probably on the movies, and while I'd love to see him flex on a series again, I also like that he gets to play in the sandbox of the movies and do what he does best without the limitations of the show.

That said, I'd be over the moon if he was given the opportunity to storyboard a Serena/Clemont/Bonnie return to the show in the same way Tomiyasu got to storyboard his baby.
ngl I kinda feel like Yajima's style works better for the movies, due to not really having to adhere to neither game nor executive mandates aside from "promote this mythical"

Epicocity

ngl I kinda feel like Yajima's style works better for the movies, due to not really having to adhere to neither game nor executive mandates aside from "promote this mythical"
And I love that he's on the movies, but his general follow-through on writing can work just as well for a series, and I'd love to see what he can do with another one. Not a particular fan of the Tomiyasu era.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I feel like Yajima has more freedom with the recent movies. He was even able to take the opportunity to
mention Ash's dad
There's a possibility that it will be relevant in the future entries. Provided that the movie version of Ash mature even further compared to the anime, I would love to see Yajima have Serena included in his future movie projects and maybe develop her relationship with Ash better.

D

Deleted member 384931

Since it is all but confirmed that serena will be returning in the new season, how do you suppose writers will handle amourshipping? I don't want them to go back to status quo. Ash being oblivious again would feel like a slap in the face after the kiss.
Or Ash reactions odd like a running gag around her,

Since it is all but confirmed that serena will be returning in the new season, how do you suppose writers will handle amourshipping? I don't want them to go back to status quo. Ash being oblivious again would feel like a slap in the face after the kiss.

Personally, I wouldn't say it's confirmed at all, but honestly I'd imagine they might not mention it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh if she comes back I'm almost sure they'll let Yajima and Tomioka handle her episode

Morax

King of heroes
Personally, I wouldn't say it's confirmed at all, but honestly I'd imagine they might not mention it.
Her crush is an inextirpable part of her character, it is one of her defining traits. When you ask "who's serena"? The immediate reply is "that girl who kissed him". What i'm trying to say is that she is Ash's ONLY love interest. I doubt they won't capitalize on that.

Hello fellow Amourshippers
Valentines Day is coming up soon so hopefully the Pokemon Company will tweet The Kiss

Romaíos

Man, too bad i didn't watch xyz series on its original run. Didn't bother to watch anipoke again since ash lost to harrison; xyz ignited the og anipoke fan in me. Sobering that the anime went downhill from there.