• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
yeah and im sure I need not explain anything, but amourshipping is the only shipping with ash which works, serena was the only girl accepted by ash...!!
Misty: had a crush on ash but ash didn't share back feelings
May: no doubt she loves drew more than ash and she will choose drew over ash, and was not shown to have a crush
Dawn: no need to explain, its a sibling relationship for sure...!!
Iris: no need to explan they dont love each other
Serena: the girl who clearly showed to have a developed crush on ash, the only girl who kissed ash and the only girl accepted by ash(last episode of xyz after the kiss ash nodded) I guess that enough......!!
So its clear amourshipping wins...!!!

Morax

King of heroes
yeah and im sure I need not explain anything, but amourshipping is the only shipping with ash which works, serena was the only girl accepted by ash...!!
Misty: had a crush on ash but ash didn't share back feelings
May: no doubt she loves drew more than ash and she will choose drew over ash, and was not shown to have a crush
Dawn: no need to explain, its a sibling relationship for sure...!!
Iris: no need to explan they dont love each other
Serena: the girl who clearly showed to have a developed crush on ash, the only girl who kissed ash and the only girl accepted by ash(last episode of xyz after the kiss ash nodded) I guess that enough......!!
So its clear amourshipping wins...!!!
Eh...that's a reach. Serena wins by virtue of being the only girl who wants to be his wife ( pokemon and CotDs don't count ). This is not a harem anime.

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
Eh...that's a reach. Serena wins by virtue of being the only girl who wants to be his wife ( pokemon and CotDs don't count ). This is not a harem anime.
Really....??
Whatever...!!

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
WHAT?????????????

Are you sure? Poke and Advance have much more time
Depends how and where you want to see it.

I usually check pixiv for fanart for japanese stuff, and well amourshiping is basically on another level there. Plus the tags make it a bit easier.

Amour: 2280
Poke: 686
Pearl: 313
Advance: 264
Aurelia: 169

You have to take into account that pixiv wasn’t even a thing until like 2007, so the other ships were past it’s prime for the site anyways. So take that as you will.

I’m pretty sure the only pokemon shippings thag has a higher total than amour on pixiv are the raihan ones and hilda/N. Though hilda/N is more that it got a lot during it heyday and barely any now.

Morax

King of heroes

I usually check pixiv for fanart for japanese stuff, and well amourshiping is basically on another level there. Plus the tags make it a bit easier.

You have to take into account that pixiv wasn’t even a thing until like 2007, so the other ships were past it’s prime for the site anyways. So take that as you will.

I’m pretty sure the only pokemon shippings thag has a higher total than amour on pixiv are the raihan ones and hilda/N. Though hilda/N is more that it got a lot during it heyday and barely any now.
i think pixiv is a better source of popularity than websites like gelbooru and danbooru because almost all of japanese artists post their fanart on pixiv. So yeah ,if we're talking about japan then pixiv is the one.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
i think pixiv is a better source of popularity than websites like gelbooru and danbooru because almost all of japanese artists post their fanart on pixiv. So yeah ,if we're talking about japan then pixiv is the one.
Lol the boorus are a terrible place if you want to measure how much fanart there is of a certain character, since it relies on someone else being willing to reupload there instead of the artist themselves posting.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Oh yeah on the topic of pixiv, people also upload fanfic or classified as ‘novels’ there. Though when you look for it there it’s shown per chapter, as in each search hit is each singular chapter.

That said, if we’re still going by number of stuff there is on there, amour crushes it even more in this regard with 5747 hits. This time with only leon/raihan beating it out at 6604 damn fujos be scary.

Most pokemon ships, including ash ships (aside from pearl which is at 1176) are in the low hundreds. Which just shows how far ahead those two are. Sidenote, while not coming close to the two at the lead all the popular raihan ships are all above the 1000 mark damn fujos be reeeeeal scary.

That said, i don’t actively search out japanese fanfic so don’t know where their main hub for it in the japanese side is. So take the numbers I brought up as you will. I just found it an interesting observation, especially in regards to the top two.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh yeah on the topic of pixiv, people also upload fanfic or classified as ‘novels’ there. Though when you look for it there it’s shown per chapter, as in each search hit is each singular chapter.

That said, if we’re still going by number of stuff there is on there, amour crushes it even more in this regard with 5747 hits. This time with only leon/raihan beating it out at 6604 damn fujos be scary.

Most pokemon ships, including ash ships (aside from pearl which is at 1176) are in the low hundreds. Which just shows how far ahead those two are. Sidenote, while not coming close to the two at the lead all the popular raihan ships are all above the 1000 mark damn fujos be reeeeeal scary.

That said, i don’t actively search out japanese fanfic so don’t know where their main hub for it in the japanese side is. So take the numbers I brought up as you will. I just found it an interesting observation, especially in regards to the top two.
Even more evidence that Amour is the best ship

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

サトセレ (SatoSere) also wins by a large margin when it comes to fan novels in Pixiv.

As of this post, the totals are as follows:

SatoSere: 6117 novels
SatoHika: 1177 novels
SatoKasu: 382 novels
SatoHaru: 386 novels

SatoHika (Pearlshipping) is quite popular as well but not as popular as SatoSere

Among the listed ships above, SatoSere's encyclopedia also contains the most hints and trivia (much longer than Bulbapedia's list) https://dic.pixiv.net/a/サトセレ

As of today, the total browsing for SatoSere in Pixiv is 24271780 and still counting

Random trivia:
Japan holds a poll every year for kiss day [キスの日]. The poll is about "What is your favorite kissing scene in anime?", In 2018, Ash and Serena's kiss scene is in top 3 spot (SAO won 1st spot). In 2019, Pokémon XY dropped to no. 8 losing the no. 3 spot to Naruto: The Last movie and in 2020, it dropped to no. 10

Source:

NOTE: there may be some spoilers from other anime so beware

Last edited: