• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Morax

King of heroes
Let's be honest here, ash is literally goku ( i know i've said this a dozen times already but people still don't get it ). These characters are kept oblivious for a reason, because the target audience viz pre-teen boys care little about emotional affairs with girls and more about finding their own sense of identity. That’s why identity and the effort to become stronger (that is, carve out a place of meaning in the world) drive these shonen protagonists.

if a story’s protagonist is brash, impulsive, and dumb, it’s easier for boys to identify with them and laugh at them. Dumb and emotionally dense characters make the viewer feel smarter than the character as opposed to feeling inferior as they would with the knowledgeable, thoughtful character. All of this increases the likeability of the protagonist. Not to mention boys often wish they could act out as shonen heroes do

Now pull this idea toward love. We don’t want a capable protagonist for love. If he is brain-dead or bumbling with the ladies (I am going to stick with heterosexual relationships), the audience can again sympathize, identify, and feel superior to the character. In short, the character becomes more likeable. Relationships are awkward, especially in their early phases. Characters that struggle with this awkwardness provides a sense of relief for boys who’s interest in girls is just awakening

Let's be honest here, ash is literally goku ( i know i've said this a dozen times already but people still don't get it ). These characters are kept oblivious for a reason, because the target audience viz pre-teen boys care little about emotional affairs with girls and more about finding their own sense of identity. That’s why identity and the effort to become stronger (that is, carve out a place of meaning in the world) drive these shonen protagonists.
YEs, Morax, most of us get it, you don't have to become the teacher here. Everything you say is fine, but knowing that in the first place, why are you on a shipping thread? It's just a doubt

Vchanfan

YEs, Morax, most of us get it, you don't have to become the teacher here. Everything you say is fine, but knowing that in the first place, why are you on a shipping thread? It's just a doubt
That's what I was going to say. While you're not wrong about Satoshi being the typical oblivious shounen protag, why say all of this in a shipping thread? XD

Lets make Anipoke great again with a plan for Amour to become canon

Morax

King of heroes
Lets make Anipoke great again with a plan for Amour to become canon
I mean they better have a good reason to bring her back and ruin what was otherwise a perfect climax to her character arc.

I can't imagine her coming back and ash being clueless again. That's a middle finger to continuity. But then again Ash is too immature and preoccupied with his goal to notice someone who yearns for him therefore it's pointless for her to return right now.

There's nothing more they can do with amourshipping other than to have ash accept or reject her. Unless they are ready to answer that question they better not touch serena.

I mean they better have a good reason to bring her back and ruin what was otherwise a perfect climax to her character arc.

I can't imagine her coming back and ash being clueless again. That's a middle finger to continuity. But then again Ash is too immature and preoccupied with his goal to notice someone who yearns for him therefore it's pointless for her to return right now.

There's nothing more they can do with amourshipping other than to have ash accept or reject her. Unless they are ready to answer that question they better not touch serena.
As much as I do want Serena to return to Journeys, I do know that if she does, it kinda is gonna get ruined just because Pokemon is kid-friendly

But at this point, why is Pokemon TV-Y7 (at least in the US)?

Also, there are other TV-Y7 shows in the US that allow showing kissing youth and their relationships, for example How to Train your Dragon (The TV show version)
Although I guess they were teens, while Ash and Serena "are not"

Morax

King of heroes
As much as I do want Serena to return to Journeys, I do know that if she does, it kinda is gonna get ruined just because Pokemon is kid-friendly

But at this point, why is Pokemon TV-Y7 (at least in the US)?

Also, there are other TV-Y7 shows in the US that allow showing kissing youth and their relationships, for example How to Train your Dragon (The TV show version)
Although I guess they were teens, while Ash and Serena "are not"
Unlike the US, kissing is considered an intimate act in japan and is shameful in public. That is why you don't get a lot of kissing and relationships in anime aimed at kids because they save these acts for endgame ships only. Pokemon falls under the same category as Sazae-san, Doraemon and Chibi-maruko chan meaning it's family friendly so kissing on the mouth is a pretty big deal.

Unlike the US, kissing is considered an intimate act in japan and is shameful in public. That is why you don't get a lot of kissing and relationships in anime aimed at kids because they save these acts for endgame ships only. Pokemon falls under the same category as Sazae-san, Doraemon and Chibi-maruko chan meaning it's family friendly so kissing on the mouth is a pretty big deal.
Oh...

At least it happened in the Kalos region, which is based on France

2:38, it's pretty cute how ash specifically defends serena

PREACH! Ash isn’t dense! Amour isn’t one sided!

THEY ARE SO CUTE AHHHHHHH ❤️

PREACH! Ash isn’t dense! Amour isn’t one sided!

THEY ARE SO CUTE AHHHHHHH ❤️
Honestly, I've known that Amourshipping wasn't one-sided since pretty much when I started liking it, so this isn't a surprise for me...