• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Morax

King of heroes
Just let have my crackpot tinfoil theory man. Something something big tech lol.

Not that I’m complaining though. Gems like these are always a nice find. The song and MV were always adorable, but even more so with serena. I like how for this parody the creator actually put the effort to insert more serena relevant things rather than following the original MV more closely like most parodies do.
I'm surprised how perfectly that song fits amourshipping. That last bit "kawaiku naru kara mitsukete ne" is literally serena. I wonder if it was inspired by amour??

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I'm surprised how perfectly that song fits amourshipping. That last bit "kawaiku naru kara mitsukete ne" is literally serena. I wonder if it was inspired by amour??
Eh i doubt it. Honeyworks always make really sappy and cute love songs, and this is also just part of their interconnected song universe.

But like i said, i did think fits serena super well because it’s about a shy girl who wants the guy she likes to notice her by being cute.

Too bad ash is probably to dense to fit in with the counterpart song Kakkoyoku Naritai.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Serena's whole crush subplot is a very classic love-story trope so of course, love songs that deal with similar themes would make someone remember her lol

Huh it’s sometimes a wonder how YouTube algorithm works.

I just recently had a thought that the honeyworks song Kawaikunarita, that has it’s MV get parodied a lot, would suit serena. Then of course youtube algorithm would suddenly decide to tell me that a serena parody has existed for a year.

Are we sure youtube doesn’t have crazy mind reading technology?
Ah yes, I remember that video, a masterpiece

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Next week is the last episode of XYZ cycle, I hope XY147 will come up. It was great to see Serena vs Aria again.

What is it? Is it official?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
What is it? Is it official?
Yeah, they’ve been posting 7 episodes from each series for a few months now. Well aside from OS that had 15, though all but two were kanto stuff and the two non kanto ones were the charizard eps lol. Gen 2 got done hella dirty.

So the next XY one should be the last before SM. They actually did a pretty decent job in choosing the XY ones to balance things out actually, since i think clemont has been the only third wheel they seem to care about. We got the 1st ep, ep4 for bonnie, 2 eps each for clemont and serena (Luxio+Gym and Skido+Master class). The last one will probably either be league finale, flare finale, or goodbyes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah, they’ve been posting 7 episodes from each series for a few months now. Well aside from OS that had 15, though all but two were kanto stuff and the two non kanto ones were the charizard eps lol. Gen 2 got done hella dirty.

So the next XY one should be the last before SM. They actually did a pretty decent job in choosing the XY ones to balance things out actually, since i think clemont has been the only third wheel they seem to care about. We got the 1st ep, ep4 for bonnie, 2 eps each for clemont and serena (Luxio+Gym and Skido+Master class). The last one will probably either be league finale, flare finale, or goodbyes.
What is it? I dont understand. Is it a continuing of the series? Is it by the official writers of the anime?

I can't believe I actually can use my history knowledge on something like Amourshipping...

Anyways, I found this Amourshipping AMV that uses Viva la Vida a while ago:

Now one may think that Viva la Vida might not exactly fit amourshipping at all (although it probably still does somewhat)

But then a part of the song gave me a revolution... I mean revelation
"Revolutionaries wait for my head on a silver plate"

The song is basically King Louis XVI of France in a nutshell, because of the French Revolution that was happening during his reign

Now I take it a step deeper by thinking that Kalos is based on France and that Serena wants to become Kalos Queen

Meaning that, in a sense, the husband of Serena when she is Kalos Queen is kinda technically Kalos King

and let's take it an even bigger step deeper is Alain and his Guillotine Bisharp, which caused for Ash to lose 2 assets of his team in the Finals, which could've even cost him the tournament

and, well, the French Revolution is known for it's Guillotines, that is how Louis XVI died

I can't believe I actually can use my history knowledge on something like Amourshipping...

Anyways, I found this Amourshipping AMV that uses Viva la Vida a while ago:

Now one may think that Viva la Vida might not exactly fit amourshipping at all (although it probably still does somewhat)

But then a part of the song gave me a revolution... I mean revelation
"Revolutionaries wait for my head on a silver plate"

The song is basically King Louis XVI of France in a nutshell, because of the French Revolution that was happening during his reign

Now I take it a step deeper by thinking that Kalos is based on France and that Serena wants to become Kalos Queen

Meaning that, in a sense, the husband of Serena when she is Kalos Queen is kinda technically Kalos King

and let's take it an even bigger step deeper is Alain and his Guillotine Bisharp, which caused for Ash to lose 2 assets of his team in the Finals, which could've even cost him the tournament

and, well, the French Revolution is known for it's Guillotines, that is how Louis XVI died
Wow. Amazing fact but I just have to make an Oversimplified reference here... TO THE GULLIOTINE

Morax

King of heroes
I wonder why some people want serena to abandon her feelings, give up on ash and move on? Like what's the thought process behind that?

What's up with people wanting realism out of pokemon of all anime?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I wonder why some people want serena to abandon her feelings, give up on ash and move on? Like what's the thought process behind that?

It's mostly just people who want to like Serena, but either dislike Amourshipping or Amourshippers enough to completely write off the character as long as she's in love with Ash. They feel that if Serena moved on from him, the writers could focus on the parts of her character which aren't tied to Ash himself. Of course, this would never happen because (as much as some people might deny it), becoming Ash's 'ideal woman' is to Serena what becoming a Pokémon Master is to Ash. Whether or not that's a good thing is entirely dependent on an individual's perspective.

Also, there's some people who just post comments like that to bait an aggressive response from shippers.

Morax

King of heroes
It's mostly just people who want to like Serena, but either dislike Amourshipping or Amourshippers enough to completely write off the character as long as she's in love with Ash. They feel that if Serena moved on from him, the writers could focus on the parts of her character which aren't tied to Ash himself. Of course, this would never happen because (as much as some people might deny it), becoming Ash's 'ideal woman' is to Serena what becoming a Pokémon Master is to Ash. Whether or not that's a good thing is entirely dependent on an individual's perspective.

Also, there's some people who just post comments like that to bait an aggressive response from shippers.
And then there's those who think serena declaring ash as her goal flushed her development down the drain. How does having a crush ruin a character???

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Its not about wanting realism when it comes to me. I just personally believe the romance was undercooked and I dont really think in my point of view that Serena as a character fits what a love interest should be to Ash. And even if im supposed to believe she is the perfect one for him the show hasnt given me a reason to. So I think her moving on from Ash would be nice, and would make a nice arc for her too and then we can see more focus on her other aspects of character which I enjoy more then her crush on Ash

Yea kind of, like I dislike amourshipping in the sense i found it to be underwhelming and I was annoyed by the bait writers sometimes gave. Exactly I feel if she moved on we could get more focus on other aspects of her character that I love. About how important it is to her, I dislike it yea. I feel it would be better if her becoming an ideal woman for Ash is just a side thing like it happens when you get a crush as a kid, and her main "Pokemon Master" equivalent is actually becoming something on her own rather then Ash's ideal girl
And then there's those who think serena declaring ash as her goal flushed her development down the drain. How does having a crush ruin a character???
Having a crush doesnt ruin a character, but when its her main goal? As a kid? Yea no thanks.....
Id rather her main goal be becoming a Kalos Queen then being an ideal woman for a guy.... esp when like shes 10 lol
Which is why I dont really like the headcanon being Ash's ideal woman is her main goal rather then being a Kalos queen. I dont think thats set in stone like u guys do

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Which is why I dont really like the headcanon being Ash's ideal woman is her main goal rather then being a Kalos queen. I dont think thats set in stone like u guys do
I respect your opinion, but I honestly think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you haven't already accepted that Serena's primary purpose as a character is to be Ash's love interest, and that he is her end goal. The writers made it incredibly obvious, just like they made it incredibly obvious that nothing will ever come of it.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I respect your opinion, but I honestly think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you haven't already accepted that Serena's primary purpose as a character is to be Ash's love interest, and that he is her end goal. The writers made it incredibly obvious, just like they made it incredibly obvious that nothing will ever come of it.
Yea im not expecting it to go in the direction I want so ive already accepted it, its just wishful thinking that hopefully Serena gets a better primary focus