• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Morax

King of heroes
Its not about wanting realism when it comes to me. I just personally believe the romance was undercooked and I dont really think in my point of view that Serena as a character fits what a love interest should be to Ash. And even if im supposed to believe she is the perfect one for him the show hasnt given me a reason to. So I think her moving on from Ash would be nice, and would make a nice arc for her too and then we can see more focus on her other aspects of character which I enjoy more then her crush on Ash

Yea kind of, like I dislike amourshipping in the sense i found it to be underwhelming and I was annoyed by the bait writers sometimes gave. Exactly I feel if she moved on we could get more focus on other aspects of her character that I love. About how important it is to her, I dislike it yea. I feel it would be better if her becoming an ideal woman for Ash is just a side thing like it happens when you get a crush as a kid, and her main "Pokemon Master" equivalent is actually becoming something on her own rather then Ash's ideal girl

Having a crush doesnt ruin a character, but when its her main goal? As a kid? Yea no thanks.....
Id rather her main goal be becoming a Kalos Queen then being an ideal woman for a guy.... esp when like shes 10 lol
Which is why I dont really like the headcanon being Ash's ideal woman is her main goal rather then being a Kalos queen. I dont think thats set in stone like u guys do
So you're an amourshippper now? I guess it's the end of the world :p

Blood Red

【推しの子】
We'll see about that...
Honestly, expecting anything from Pokémon is to set yourself up for disappointment. Serena is the most likely candidate for Ash's final ship, but only when the series is about to end. You won't see any actual romance in this series.

Having a crush doesnt ruin a character, but when its her main goal? As a kid? Yea no thanks.....
Id rather her main goal be becoming a Kalos Queen then being an ideal woman for a guy.... esp when like shes 10 lol
Who knows if anyone actually is 10 tbh
The last time (at the time of XY) Ash was actually mentioned to be 10 years old was I think at the beginning of BW
Who knows what his age is in Kalos

As for Serena, we never actually got her age
So it is honestly all headcanon for how old any of the XY characters are

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You're posting in an amour thread, that makes you an amourshippper. Welcome to the club :)
I mean I follow threads where there is activity in general so :p
Thanks tho XD I actually used to be a big amourshipper myself when XYZ aired, damn those times
Who knows if anyone actually is 10 tbh
The last time (at the time of XY) Ash was actually mentioned to be 10 years old was I think at the beginning of BW
Who knows what his age is in Kalos

As for Serena, we never actually got her age
So it is honestly all headcanon for how old any of the XY characters are
This honestly sounds like deflection. XY ash is a continuation of BW ash and is succeeded by SM ash who is succeeded by JN Ash, and are stated to be 10. Ash was 10 in XY and considering Serena met Ash at the summer camp she's probably 10 too. Esp since she started her journey and whatnot

SatoSereFan224888

Now here is something that would feel really shippy for AmourShipping. Ash finds out from an old friend that poor Serena is in the ER with some very nasty injuries. She got mugged and suffered a massive concussion. Plus she has a small skull fracture. When Ash finds out he breaks down into tears. He asks to get a charter flight to Hoenn so he can see her. He starts feeling guilty because if he stayed with her, this wouldn't have happened because he would protect her at all costs. The person who calls him is May who is now a cop. Now don't get the wrong idea but I don't believe May would ever do something like injure Serena because that's not like her plus if she did that she would feel Ash's wrath.

Morax

King of heroes
Now here is something that would feel really shippy for AmourShipping. Ash finds out from an old friend that poor Serena is in the ER with some very nasty injuries. She got mugged and suffered a massive concussion. Plus she has a small skull fracture. When Ash finds out he breaks down into tears. He asks to get a charter flight to Hoenn so he can see her. He starts feeling guilty because if he stayed with her, this wouldn't have happened because he would protect her at all costs. The person who calls him is May who is now a cop. Now don't get the wrong idea but I don't believe May would ever do something like injure Serena because that's not like her plus if she did that she would feel Ash's wrath.
What's with your obsession of turning pokegirls into cops? :p

I feel like I read a fanfic like this once minus May being a cop part, wtf

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Owww wtf?

I was browsing for anipoke stuff on niconico and ran into this video. I thought it was just a clip of the kiss and was just curious of the comments, but then there was montage of clips. There's nothing new in the clip, but why does it hit my heart so hard just because it uses 'platinum' as the song?
Because that montage really highlights how Satoshi and Serena's relationship developed from their first encounter in Oak's Summer Camp and throughout their Kalos Journey together. A kiss out of context is adorably cute, but a montage really does tell the viewer that this is more than just a goodbye kiss.

Morax

King of heroes
Because that montage really highlights how Satoshi and Serena's relationship developed from their first encounter in Oak's Summer Camp and throughout their Kalos Journey together. A kiss out of context is adorably cute, but a montage really does tell the viewer that this is more than just a goodbye kiss.
I hate how they ended it on a cliffhanger. The kiss ( as groundbreaking as it was ) doesn't answer the question, "will they or won't they?". This bait and switch really ticks me off. Why can't her feelings get a closure?

The interview with yajima adds more fuel to the fire. Why keep your audience waiting for something you're never going to deliver upon?

Shadao

I hate how they ended it on a cliffhanger. The kiss ( as groundbreaking as it was ) doesn't answer the question, "will they or won't they?". This bait and switch really ticks me off. Why can't her feelings get a closure?

The interview with yajima adds more fuel to the fire. Why keep your audience waiting for something you're never going to deliver upon?
Cliffhanger? That was closure considering how risky it was to even do it to begin with. In Japan, you don't give a kiss to someone casually. Especially a first kiss. A sacred first kiss.

The sacred first kiss is considered to be an "adult" kiss reserved for someone you truly love and is a rite of passage for many Japanese youths becoming adults. The kiss is so intimate that often, it has to be done in private, far from public eye. If such a kiss were to occur in a children's show, like Pokémon, it has done off-screen. That is why the anime can never show Serena actually kissing Ash on the lips. Heck, that is why you don't see Professor Kukui and Burnet kiss, even during their wedding.

Also, the sacred first kiss is something to cherish and remembered for the rest of one's life. And it does require the other participant to respond by either rejecting or recuperating it. A lack of reaction is considered rejection if Shinji and Asuka's first kiss in Neon Genesis Evangelion was anything to go by (Namely a miscommunication plus toxic interactions causes Shinji to be confused by Asuka's kiss and thus he didn't react out of fear, and Asuka ends up believing that Shinji's non-reaction means he's rejecting her when in fact he's not).

Thus, based on Ash's reaction after Serena's kiss, we can infer that it is one of acceptance because his eyes twinkle and his surprised face turns into a smile before he wishes Serena luck. Combine with Bonnie giving Serena a secret thumbs up behind Ash and Ash later reminiscing his time in Kalos, including his interactions with Serena, it's hard to claim that Ash did anything but recuperate Serena's kiss, however subtle it may be. Now, Yajima states they are not yet a couple but could be in the future is an acknowledgement that, officially, Ash is still "10 years old" and thus would be considered too young to be pursuing a serious relationship upgrade right now by technicality. However, by stating the two would be a couple in the future, it ensures a romantic closure for their ten-year old selves that would be only be reopened when they meet again at an older age.

I mean, what more could you ask for beyond allowing Ash to finally age?

Morax

King of heroes
However, by stating the two would be a couple in the future, it ensures a romantic closure for their ten-year old selves that would be only be reopened when they meet again at an older age
How is it a closure when all she did was confess to him? It's a cliffhanger. Ash never gave her an answer. Yajima is telling you to hope and assume that he does when they grow up but how am i supposed to believe that if they never grow up?

Last edited:

Shadao

How is it a closure when all she did was confess to him? It's a cliffhanger. Ash never gave her an answer. Yajima is telling you to hope and assume that he does when they grow up but how am i supposed to believe that if they never grow up?

yu9yk51z6i351.jpg

Ash's eyes dazzle for a bit with an awe expression, as if he now realizes just how much Serena likes (understatement of the century) him.

He then blinks and his awe face goes to a warm smile. Whatever it is, it's not rejection or confusion. For a 10 year old boy, all you can do is be happy about the kiss. You need no words or outright love confession with flowers and chocolate at hand. The first kiss will remain with him, and it belongs to Serena.

What more could you ask? Ash proposing marriage to Serena? Ash taking Serena on a world tour date? Ash and Serena taking a special lesson in parenthood from Kukui and Burnet?

For Ash and Serena's relationship to advance to the next level, it has to be when they are significantly older. Perhaps as teenagers (though XY really does treat them like they're in their early teens) or young adults. But for now, this is the best they can do for this couple. Young love sealed with a first kiss.

Morax

King of heroes
yu9yk51z6i351.jpg

Ash's eyes dazzle for a bit with an awe expression, as if he now realizes just how much Serena likes (understatement of the century) him.

He then blinks and his awe face goes to a warm smile. Whatever it is, it's not rejection or confusion. For a 10 year old boy, all you can do is be happy about the kiss. You need no words or outright love confession with flowers and chocolate at hand. The first kiss will remain with him, and it belongs to Serena.

What more could you ask? Ash proposing marriage to Serena? Ash taking Serena on a world tour date? Ash and Serena taking a special lesson in parenthood from Kukui and Burnet?

For Ash and Serena's relationship to advance to the next level, it has to be when they are significantly older. Perhaps as teenagers (though XY really does treat them like they're in their early teens) or young adults. But for now, this is the best they can do for this couple. Young love sealed with a first kiss.
I'm not saying it's a rejection from his side but it's not reciprocation either. All he did was accept the fact that she loved him and then moved on. (His reaction was pretty weak too, they could of made him blush or something?) His feelings are left intentionally ambiguous and that's what i hate about it. I don't want them to kiss or hold hands or go on dates, i just want him to like her back.

My problem is Ash, being the quintessential shounen hero i doubt he'll ever fall in "love". Goku has convinced me that these protagonists make terrible husbands/fathers. I don't want to subject serena to the same fate as delia.

Shadao

I'm not saying it's a rejection from his side but it's not reciprocation either. All he did was accept the fact that she loved him and then moved on. (His reaction was pretty weak too, they could of made him blush or something?) His feelings are left intentionally ambiguous and that's what i hate about it. I don't want them to kiss or hold hands or go on dates, i just want him to like her back.

My problem is Ash, being the quintessential shounen hero i doubt he'll ever fall in "love". Goku has convinced me that these protagonists make terrible husbands/fathers. I don't want to subject serena to the same fate as delia.

His eyes have a dazed effect in that close up, which disappears once he smiles. That is his blush. And like the kiss, anything that resembles ambiguity is simply to get pass the censors.

It's an open secret that Serena kissed Ash despite everyone on the show (and the episode itself) playing coy about it. Furthermore, it's an open secret that Serena kissed Ash on the lips because we've seen kisses happen before on-screen via the cheek.

Morax

King of heroes
His eyes have a dazed effect in that close up, which disappears once he smiles. That is his blush. And like the kiss, anything that resembles ambiguity is simply to get pass the censors.
Once again, that's not reciprocation. I want him to like her and that's not what we got.