• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think that's not going anywhere. It's clear Ash's been kissed in the lips and he didn't seem to hate it. Now if he'll truly reciprocate Serena's feeling, that's where we can debate over...

Morax

King of heroes
Once again, the visuals tell a different story unless you want Ash to outright say it in an out of character confession (which would ruin the moment).
Shimmering eyes indicate awe and amazement. It's not exactly an "i luv u 2"

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Once again, that's not reciprocation. I want him to like her and that's not what we got.
You can’t just look at the kiss in isolation, then. Look at it in context of Ash’s actions and behavior throughout XYZ.

From the beginning of XY, there is enough hints on how Ash could feel about Serena. They never come right out and say it (and probably never will until the show ends), but the animators have given enough clues throughout the show to draw a conclusion. Just off the top of my head, there was his nervousness when asking her to join the party, the gift, the compliments about her looks (when she changes hair styles and when she modifies Valorie’s dress), and telling Miette that he would cheer for Serena over her without even giving it a second through. And that isn’t including their second ”date” in Lumiose City where he does things she likes, realizes something is bothering her, and promises to always support her.

His reaction to the kiss, in that context, could just be him realizing exactly how Serena feels about him.

Ash loves Serena.

Morax

King of heroes
You can’t just look at the kiss in isolation, then. Look at it in context of Ash’s actions and behavior throughout XYZ.

From the beginning of XY, there is enough hints on how Ash could feel about Serena. They never come right out and say it (and probably never will until the show ends), but the animators have given enough clues throughout the show to draw a conclusion. Just off the top of my head, there was his nervousness when asking her to join the party, the gift, the compliments about her looks (when she changes hair styles and when she modifies Valorie’s dress), and telling Miette that he would cheer for Serena over her without even giving it a second through. And that isn’t including their second ”date” in Lumiose City where he does things she likes, realizes something is bothering her, and promises to always support her.

His reaction to the kiss, in that context, could just be him realizing exactly how Serena feels about him.
None of that implies he likes her in a certain way. He's a chaste hero, he can't fall in love unless there's a timeskip or something. All i want is that timeskip.

D

Deleted member 384931

In my opinion, more attractive woman means that Serena will be more battle crazy, while keeping her kind personality. It is not about looks, but a mentality chances p

masdog

None of that implies he likes her in a certain way. He's a chaste hero, he can't fall in love unless there's a timeskip or something. All i want is that timeskip.
How do none of those things imply that he likes her a certain way? Do you need them to come out and say it because you can’t read between the lines?

In my opinion, more attractive woman means that Serena will be more battle crazy, while keeping her kind personality. It is not about looks, but a mentality chances p
That fits in with becoming a coordinator and doing contests in Hoenn too.

Morax

King of heroes
How do none of those things imply that he likes her a certain way?
How does any of that imply he's in love with her??? This is why i can't take shippers seriously. If he was in love they would of made it obvious ( like serena's crush on him, may's crush on drew, tierno's on serena etc ). There's no 'read between the lines'. This is a kid's show for ****s sake.

masdog

How does any of that imply he's in love with her??? This is why i can't take shippers seriously. If he was in love they would of made it obvious ( like serena's crush on him, may's crush on drew, tierno's on serena etc ). There's no 'read between the lines'. This is a kid's show for ****s sake.

1. Kids shows often have things in them that adults will notice/are meant to notice that the target audience won’t notice. That includes subtext.
2. Prior to XY, Ash hated going shopping when the girls he travelled with wanted to shop. In XY, he not only does it without complaint, he actually seems to enjoy it. Prior to XY, he never gave one of his female companions a gift unprompted. Prior to XY, he never really complemented his female companions on their appearance. These are all signs that he feels…something towards Serena. Love, however, is too strong of a word.

Morax

King of heroes
1. Kids shows often have things in them that adults will notice/are meant to notice that the target audience won’t notice. That includes subtext.
2. Prior to XY, Ash hated going shopping when the girls he travelled with wanted to shop. In XY, he not only does it without complaint, he actually seems to enjoy it. Prior to XY, he never gave one of his female companions a gift unprompted. Prior to XY, he never really complemented his female companions on their appearance. These are all signs that he feels…something towards Serena. Love, however, is too strong of a word.
1. Why would they include stuff that kids wouldn't notice in a kids show? pokemon is not one of those anime who include subtle hints for their adult audience. They have never done that.
2. He's certainly fond of her but that's not equal to 'liking' the person. The gestures are romantic in nature, yes, but ash only meant it in a platonic way. To him she's only a friend like dawn, may etc. If he's in love with her, i want him to realize it.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
1. Why would they include stuff that kids wouldn't notice in a kids show? pokemon is not one of those anime who include subtle hints for their adult audience. They have never done that.
2. He's certainly fond of her but that's not equal to 'liking' the person. The gestures are romantic in nature, yes, but ash only meant it in a platonic way. To him she's only a friend like dawn, may etc. If he's in love with her, i want him to realize it.
1. That is never true since the anime's debut. Takeshi Shudo, aka the original head writer for Pokémon, specifically made the Team Rocket trio as something for adults to enjoy while they watch the show with their kids. It's why many fans consider them the best part of the show and why they tend veer into more adult camp and humor (like crossdressing and various references to other, older anime). Even ignoring that, Pokémon XY is certainly more action-oriented than previous Pokémon shows (with the climax being not the League but the conflict against the villainous team), and it was the first series in a long time to acknowledge death and not in a manner where the dead can come back to life (Espurr episode). As I've said before, it was outright stated by Yajima that the kiss couldn't be shown due to censors (thanks to the cultural value of the sacred first kiss in Japan) but everyone pretty much confirmed that Serena did kiss Ash when her feet lift upwards.

2. What do you expect Ash to do? Outright say to Serena that he loves her before she leaves? Do note that Serena never outright said she loves Ash to Ash. But everyone knows what she meant. And thus, fans easily figure that Ash loves her back when his eyes twinkle after the kiss. Visuals says it all.

I mean, in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, everyone knows that Link and Zelda are romantically in love with each other. But they themselves never outright confirm it. Link doesn't talk and thus we can infer based on his very expressive face. Meanwhile, Zelda alludes to a romantic confession but often in the words "care" and "together", never "love". But we know they are in love and that at the end of the game, Link decides to remain with Zelda on the surface with nothing more than a lovely smile and the fact their Loftwings fly into the sky together. All without a hint of a kiss or a love confession.

It might also help that their music theme together is labeled "Romance"...

Morax

King of heroes
1. That is never true since the anime's debut. Takeshi Shudo, aka the original head writer for Pokémon, specifically made the Team Rocket trio as something for adults to enjoy while they watch the show with their kids. It's why many fans consider them the best part of the show and why they tend veer into more adult camp and humor (like crossdressing and various references to other, older anime). Even ignoring that, Pokémon XY is certainly more action-oriented than previous Pokémon shows (with the climax being not the League but the conflict against the villainous team), and it was the first series in a long time to acknowledge death and not in a manner where the dead can come back to life (Espurr episode). As I've said before, it was outright stated by Yajima that the kiss couldn't be shown due to censors (thanks to the cultural value of the sacred first kiss in Japan) but everyone pretty much confirmed that Serena did kiss Ash when her feet lift upwards.

2. What do you expect Ash to do? Outright say to Serena that he loves her before she leaves? Do note that Serena never outright said she loves Ash to Ash. But everyone knows what she meant. And thus, fans easily figure that Ash loves her back when his eyes twinkle after the kiss. Visuals says it all.

I mean, in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, everyone knows that Link and Zelda are romantically in love with each other. But they themselves never outright confirm it. Link doesn't talk and thus we can infer based on his very expressive face. Meanwhile, Zelda alludes to a romantic confession but often in the words "care" and "together", never "love". But we know they are in love and that at the end of the game, Link decides to remain with Zelda on the surface with nothing more than a lovely smile and the fact their Loftwings fly into the sky together. All without a hint of a kiss or a love confession.

It might also help that their music theme together is labeled "Romance"...
1. Like i said earlier when someone has a crush on someone, they make it obvious. You don't need yajima to tell you that serena kissed him, that's quite apparent with the discretion shot. This anime has never been subtle with crushes and romance.

2. How is twinkling eyes an indication of mutual reciprocation? I need more than that. Goku and chi-chi had a kid, so did Ed and Winry, and Ichigo/Orihime, Naruto and Hinata got a whole freaking movie to resolve that subplot, Shin'ichi has an obvious crush on Ran, yusuke proposed to keiko etc etc.......... Give me something similar.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
1. Like i said earlier when someone has a crush on someone, they make it obvious. You don't need yajima to tell you that serena kissed him, that's quite apparent with the discretion shot. This anime has never been subtle with crushes and romance. Ash was clueless

2. How is twinkling eyes an indication of mutual reciprocation? I need more than that. Goku and chi-chi had a kid, so did Ed and Winry, and Ichigo/Orihime, Naruto and Hinata got a whole freaking movie to resolve that subplot, Shin'ichi has an obvious crush on Ran, yusuke proposed to keiko etc etc.......... Give me something similar.
1) Subtly is the eye of the beholder. To lots of people, Ash’s expressions prove that he reciprocates. To those who deny this ship or have bias to other ships, they won’t see it. Heck, I even saw some folks insisting that Serena didn’t kiss Ash due to discretion shot.

2) That demand is even worse because it calls for the anime to end and force a time skip in a show that mandates Ash to be 10 years old. Nearly all the examples you listed involve aging when Pokémon has no aging policy.

To make Serena the endgame love interest in that scenario, Serena must confess her love and Ash realizes it but doesn’t reject her. That’s what the kiss is. Ash cannot pretend it’s anything else given his awe surprised expression followed by a smile. And most notably, Ash doesn’t have much ship tease with future girls, especially with Chloe really not getting Ash at all.

Morax

King of heroes
1) Subtly is the eye of the beholder. To lots of people, Ash’s expressions prove that he reciprocates. To those who deny this ship or have bias to other ships, they won’t see it. Heck, I even saw some folks insisting that Serena didn’t kiss Ash due to discretion shot.

2) That demand is even worse because it calls for the anime to end and force a time skip in a show that mandates Ash to be 10 years old. Nearly all the examples you listed involve aging when Pokémon has no aging policy.

To make Serena the endgame love interest in that scenario, Serena must confess her love and Ash realizes it but doesn’t reject her. That’s what the kiss is. Ash cannot pretend it’s anything else given his awe surprised expression followed by a smile. And most notably, Ash doesn’t have much ship tease with future girls, especially with Chloe really not getting Ash at all.
1. I'm not biased. Just because my demands are high doesn't make me a non-believer. I just want more evidence from Ash's side.

2. Isn't it high time ash got a closure? I am tired of him. He's been on the stage for too long.

I'm not denying that she's the endgame love interest but can you really call her that if there is no endgame in sight?

masdog

2. Isn't it high time ash got a closure? I am tired of him. He's been on the stage for too long.
Yes. In some ways, it feels like Journeys is winding down his story and making the PWC his final act.

I'm not denying that she's the endgame love interest but can you really call her that if there is no endgame in sight?
I mean…they significantly cut down on the ship-teases in SM and JN.

_Dog

It's been five years since the infamous Kalos League match. Still hurts so much after this whole time. I know Ash won the Alola League, but that certainly wasn't enough to undo the terrible ruin of the XY saga. I'm convinced that the backlash was heard and actually did something to change the show.

As for Amourshipping, the only thing we can do right now is wait. As for me, the best chances of it happening is for the show to finally end, and IMO, that's the best thing that can ever happen to this show. The Pokémon anime is long overdue for an ending, now would be a wonderful time to do it.