• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I had no issues with Ash losing Kalos. I knew it was coming even if a part of me wanted him to win.

Morax

King of heroes
Has anybody ever encountered the "yajima is not the director anymore so what he says is invalid" argument? What's the logic behind this?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Has anybody ever encountered the "yajima is not the director anymore so what he says is invalid" argument? What's the logic behind this?
Yes. As I understand it, it's based around the statement that we're "meant to hope and assume that Ash and Serena become a couple later on." The idea is that since Yajima is no longer director, his plans for Ash and Serena are no longer part of the show.

Morax

King of heroes
Yes. As I understand it, it's based around the statement that we're "meant to hope and assume that Ash and Serena become a couple later on." The idea is that since Yajima is no longer director, his plans for Ash and Serena are no longer part of the show.
Those are not his plans though? Important decisions are taking unanimously with the consent of everybody involved in the production. Why do people think yajima was playing a solo game?

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Those are not his plans though? Important decisions are taking unanimously with the consent of everybody involved in the production. Why do people think yajima was playing a solo game?
Copium?

Morax

King of heroes
If she returns in JOURNEYS, I can see it being focussed on Koharu and Eevee, with little Satoshi x Serena moments
Serena's enemy is the anime itself. She's stuck in a show that won't give its characters closure. It's not just her, literally every character suffers from this fate but it hurts serena the worst because her goal is ash himself. It requires him to grow up and become a pokemon master. Only after ash completes his dream can they give him a girlfriend/wife to settle down with and that's when serena's role can be fulfilled.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If she returns in JOURNEYS, I can see it being focussed on Koharu and Eevee, with little Satoshi x Serena moments.
I think the same.

The two parter with Dawn still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
People have been speculating at Ash's exit from the anime for 2 decades now. It feels unlikely, but so did the Alola league. I'd caution anyone from thinking that his retirement would automatically mean a scene with Ash and Serena together, especially if she never appears at all in Journeys. I suppose it might be possible for her to appear towards the end and coax Ash into settling down, but that's hard to really say.

Of course, Serena has been conspicuously absent this entire time. Misty reappeared in SM, and Dawn, Iris, and the Alola group came back in Journeys. Many believe May will never be recast out of respect to KAORI, whose health unfortunately remains on the decline (the veracity of this is uncertain, especially after Oak was quickly recast after Ishizuka passed in 2018). That would leave Serena as the odd one out, for no clear reason other than story awkwardness. It'll be interesting to see what happens if she ever does come back.

Morax

King of heroes
People have been speculating at Ash's exit from the anime for 2 decades now. It feels unlikely, but so did the Alola league. I'd caution anyone from thinking that his retirement would automatically mean a scene with Ash and Serena together, especially if she never appears at all in Journeys. I suppose it might be possible for her to appear towards the end and coax Ash into settling down, but that's hard to really say.

Of course, Serena has been conspicuously absent this entire time. Misty reappeared in SM, and Dawn, Iris, and the Alola group came back in Journeys. Many believe May will never be recast out of respect to KAORI, whose health unfortunately remains on the decline (the veracity of this is uncertain, especially after Oak was quickly recast after Ishizuka passed in 2018). That would leave Serena as the odd one out, for no clear reason other than story awkwardness. It'll be interesting to see what happens if she ever does come back.
How does misty/brock coming back in SM count as a journeys’ cameo? Also why the fixation on pokegirls? Brock, tracey, cilan and clemont haven’t appeared as well…