• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Anyone else starting to worry that if Serena does end up appearing in the show, they'll just straight-up ignore stuff that might not be relevant to the saga? Even if she does appear, I'm starting to think they might ignore her feelings for Ash and her growth as a Performer, and maybe even poor Pancham. Beyond Sylveon (since Chloeharu's Eevee needs to see as many Eeveelutions as possible before deciding to not evolve) and maybe Fennekin, I'm not sure anything else about Serena will be brought up. At most, they might have her blush while thinking about Ash, so they can put it in the trailer and bait XY fans into watching.
This is why I’m hesitant about Serena returning. While her and Chloe bonding would be good, I fear that they will butcher her interactions with Ash. I wonder how she would react to see Ash less mature and how Ash will react to her.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Anyone else starting to worry that if Serena does end up appearing in the show, they'll just straight-up ignore stuff that might not be relevant to the saga? Even if she does appear, I'm starting to think they might ignore her feelings for Ash and her growth as a Performer, and maybe even poor Pancham. Beyond Sylveon (since Chloeharu's Eevee needs to see as many Eeveelutions as possible before deciding to not evolve) and maybe Fennekin, I'm not sure anything else about Serena will be brought up. At most, they might have her blush while thinking about Ash, so they can put it in the trailer and bait XY fans into watching.
I dont want her face to change with that ew artstyle
I would rather she doesn't appear

Morax

King of heroes
I’ve stopped caring about this anime in general lol. It’s always been a trainwreck and nothing has changed.

I’ve stopped caring about this anime in general lol. It’s always been a trainwreck and nothing has changed.
DP is the most consistent and well written series imo

SatoSereFan224888

I am starting to lose hope Serena is returning in Journeys. Hate to say it but I fear something bad happened to her. However she could make a non-speaking cameo in the masters 8 as a spectator honestly this Ash isn't the same Ash she knew and loved from Kalos. This Ash is the total opposite. Immature, childish headstrong.

SatoSere

At this point there are many years of waiting, progress of the stories going to be the premiere of Serena's first official return with Satoshi, later their visual memories (flash backs), special chapters memories, etc. Also because it is the first time in a long time that everybody are going to see Serena's new evolution in the anime again: life, new look (hair growth/change and hairstyle, new outfits and blue ribbon "ash gif" with her), gets Female Pikachu♀ (from Viridian Forest), Key Stone’s magic with Mega Stone & Mega Evolution, pokémon, dreams and love relationship with Satoshi.

There are many open hopes in the first Serena (Serena)'s return going to be in the most important moments supporting and closely accompanying her boyfriend that she loves the most in her life and the world: Satoshi (Ash Ketchum). Serena continues to fight and will never give up on her feelings and her love for Ash!, vice versa, Ash in love with Serena. This meeting of Satoshi and Serena will be very special and expected by everybody.

At this point there are many years of waiting, progress of the stories going to be the premiere of Serena's first official return with Satoshi, later their visual memories (flash backs), special chapters memories, etc. Also because it is the first time in a long time that everybody are going to see Serena's new evolution in the anime again: life, new look (hair growth/change and hairstyle, new outfits and blue ribbon "ash gif" with her), gets Female Pikachu♀ (from Viridian Forest), Key Stone’s magic with Mega Stone & Mega Evolution, pokémon, dreams and love relationship with Satoshi.

There are many open hopes in the first Serena (Serena)'s return going to be in the most important moments supporting and closely accompanying her boyfriend that she loves the most in her life and the world: Satoshi (Ash Ketchum). Serena continues to fight and will never give up on her feelings and her love for Ash!, vice versa, Ash in love with Serena. This meeting of Satoshi and Serena will be very special and expected by everybody.
With the current direction the anime is going, I doubt that will happen. I would love it if it did though.

SatoSere

On a special day like today 11/21, Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Serena (Serena) are in a significant moment of their lives developing their feelings and love since their childhood together in Pallet Town. In Pokemon is desirable to confirm Serena is a native of Kanto where she was born and lives her childhood in her neighborhood of Pallet Town with Satoshi.
Ash-and-Serena-image-ash-and-serena-36573216-600-871.jpg

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
On a special day like today 11/21, Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Serena (Serena) are in a significant moment of their lives developing their feelings and love since their childhood together in Pallet Town. In Pokemon is desirable to confirm Serena is a native of Kanto where she was born and lives her childhood in her neighborhood of Pallet Town with Satoshi.
Ash-and-Serena-image-ash-and-serena-36573216-600-871.jpg

Was it ever said that Serena was born and raised in Kanto? I was under the impression she was just in the region for a short time for camp, which Bulbapedia says as well.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Was it ever said that Serena was born and raised in Kanto? I was under the impression she was just in the region for a short time for camp, which Bulbapedia says as well.
No, SatoSere just likes to post his headcanon/wishes in a way that makes it seem like they're either something that has already happened, or will certainly happen pretty soon. Probably just miscommunication.

Honestly when Serena gets back someone is getting mad. If she interacts with Ash there will be people that want to see romantic hints between them and people that don’t. And if Ash rejects Serena or Serena shows no romantic interest in him then I can assure you there will be riots.
TLDR: Serena’s return will cause a Civil War.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You seriously think they’d sink it after going as far as letting them kiss? This is not a harem. If they wanted to kill they would have done that in kalos itself.
Exactly. They've had two entire series to add a new "love interest," and...they haven't. They even cut back the ship teases.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
@cricketlaxwolvesbandy - I'm going to respond to your post about Ash's feeling here rather than in the PM2019 Speculation Thread because I don't want to go off-topic, start a flame war, or get the thread locked.

I think Ash felt something for Serena by the end of the 1st Season. I don't think it was romantic, or that he understood it, but there are a ton of clues in the show.

I also think that Ash's density is slightly overblown. Most of the time, he seems to be aware of how Serena is feeling...but yeah, I hear you on Party Dancecapades. That episode is a huge OOC moment for everyone except Serena and Miette. Of all of the episodes in XYZ, that one is the only one I really want to rewrite.

And that reminds me...I need to make time to work on Chapter 2 of that story.

Morax

King of heroes
Exactly. They've had two entire series to add a new "love interest," and...they haven't. They even cut back the ship teases.
Exactly.
@cricketlaxwolvesbandy - I'm going to respond to your post about Ash's feeling here rather than in the PM2019 Speculation Thread because I don't want to go off-topic, start a flame war, or get the thread locked.

I think Ash felt something for Serena by the end of the 1st Season. I don't think it was romantic, or that he understood it, but there are a ton of clues in the show.

I also think that Ash's density is slightly overblown. Most of the time, he seems to be aware of how Serena is feeling...but yeah, I hear you on Party Dancecapades. That episode is a huge OOC moment for everyone except Serena and Miette. Of all of the episodes in XYZ, that one is the only one I really want to rewrite.

i don’t think it’s overblown. Ash was unaware of her feelings towards him. The protagonist being clueless about his love interest is a pretty common trope in anime.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Seems pretty clear to me honestly, they just want us to forget the same way we forgot about Tracey and Max. It's not easy to just write a cameo in for a character when they took a major action right before leaving and it's still completely unresolved. What are they gonna do, try to catch an audience up on something that happened five years ago that should still be a big deal for these characters, just to either quash it or somehow try to make a new development? Bringing it up again just to shoot it down would be messy, and building on it would be very cumbersome if Serena isn't coming back long-term. But acting like nothing happened at all would also be out of place. There's just no good way to approach her character again at all.

Ash has been comically dense long before XY, it just wasn't relevant to the story at all. There were still gags and passing references to it in AG and BW to name a few. It's just a very well-established aspect of his character that he's as dense as a brick, and while I'd have loved for them to have eased up on this aspect a bit in XY, I don't think any part of it is out of his established character.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Like i’ve been saying, a timeskip would resolve that tension. All they have to do is give serena an episode or two to introduce her to the new audience and then fast-forward into the future.
That would result in a lot of other things like writing off Ash's character for good. Reintroducing Serena is very easy if the plan to keep her and Ash together forever. The hard part would be having her come back for a few episodes and then go hundreds of more episodes without speaking to Ash, which is what would happen if Ash isn't retired in a short time afterwards.