• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

That would result in a lot of other things like writing off Ash's character for good. Reintroducing Serena is very easy if the plan to keep her and Ash together forever. The hard part would be having her come back for a few episodes and then go hundreds of more episodes without speaking to Ash, which is what would happen if Ash isn't retired in a short time afterwards.
And they would also have to rewrite Ash’s character since Ash now acts like a little kid (I never knew how accurate Iris was until just recently)

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
And they would also have to rewrite Ash’s character since Ash now acts like a little kid (I never knew how accurate Iris was until just recently)
I honestly haven't been keeping up with Journeys at all, it looked cool at the start but I keep hearing things like that about Ash's maturity level (also not having Netflix doesn't help lol)

Honestly always liked Iris a lot more than most people, her "such a kid" line always felt like a nod to how far Ash had come down since DP. I like to imagine there was a professional quarrel between the writers over it

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Ash has been comically dense long before XY, it just wasn't relevant to the story at all. There were still gags and passing references to it in AG and BW to name a few. It's just a very well-established aspect of his character that he's as dense as a brick, and while I'd have loved for them to have eased up on this aspect a bit in XY, I don't think any part of it is out of his established character.
He was comically dense in other series. But in XY, it seemed like it they eased up on it significantly. While he may have been oblivious to certain things, he still seemed very tuned into how Serena was feeling.

So in Party Dancecapades, Ash seemed out of character in context to the rest of XYZ.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Well yes. Amour (or any ship for that matter) can only be canon if his adventure ends.
Canon in the long term certainly. Amour is probably the closest it's ever going to get to canon in the meantime. But my point was that your proposal for Serena's cameo wouldn't work unless Ash was leaving for good.
He was comically dense in other series. But in XY, it seemed like it they eased up on it significantly. While he may have been oblivious to certain things, he still seemed very tuned into how Serena was feeling.

So in Party Dancecapades, Ash seemed out of character in context to the rest of XYZ.
I'd have to argue that they really didn't ease up on it in XY. Perhaps you could argue that Serena was far more intense than anything prior but he was still incredibly dense in XY. There wasn't a huge difference in his behavior towards Serena compared to any of his previous friends.

Last edited:
And people say that he doesn’t reciprocate Serena’s feelings because he didn’t blush during the kiss -_-

D

Deleted member 384931

I find it very interesting that Serena wants to grow for herself in the first place ánd for Satoshi too. I wonder in which way she she will grow and how Satoshi will react to it and how Satoshi will react when he sees Serena again. Did they keep contact? Does Satoshi watch her Contests? Did Serena watch the Aloloan League? And how will Pikachu react when he sees Serena again?

Morax

King of heroes
I find it very interesting that Serena wants to grow for herself in the first place ánd for Satoshi too. I wonder in which way she she will grow and how Satoshi will react to it and how Satoshi will react when he sees Serena again. Did they keep contact? Does Satoshi watch her Contests? Did Serena watch the Aloloan League? And how will Pikachu react when he sees Serena again?
She said that she’d be a prettier woman when they meet again. This romance trope is usually accompanied by a timeskip. Ideally they shouldn’t meet until they are teens/adults.

In a special preview, Leafeon, Flareon, and Jolteon were shown and Chloe was seen participating in a contest/showcase. This means that we have seen every Eeveelution get an episode except for Sylveon. Serena has a Sylveon. The showcase could also have something to lead up to Serena. While I would love for Serena and Chloe to interact, I’m worried with how the writers will handle Amourshipping. Because it is so controversial, someone is going to be mad no matter what. If Serena and Ash just stay friends or Serena’s crush on Ash disappears altogether, Ash doesn’t reciprocate Serena’s feelings, or they don’t reunite at all, people are going to be mad. With the tone of the series and how Ash has been acting childish, the most I see with Amourshipping happening is a slight hint. Unless the tone changes, I don’t see Ash and Serena getting together because of the status quo (Ash has to stay ten), scared about how other shippers will react, and because of how Ash is acting like a buttmonkey. My true fear is that Ash will act like a buttmonkey is front of Serena. Keep in mind, this is all hypothetical. I’m a huge Amourshipper, but I’m writing this from a neutral and logical standpoint. Serena’s return will make fans mad no matter what (even if she doesn’t return) because she is just too divisive of a character.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Earlier this week, YouTuber Charusharu released a video talking about Amourshipping and “The Kiss.” It’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen it yet.

Earlier this week, YouTuber Charusharu released a video talking about Amourshipping and “The Kiss.” It’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen it yet.
Great video but he didn’t mention Ash’s feelings towards Serena

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I thought this was a pretty good rundown, though perhaps a little too charitable to AmourShipping to truly be objective. Still a very good video though.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager